THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ The Denver Broncos have reportedly traded receiver Jerry Jeudy to the Cleveland Browns, for 5th, 6th rd picks.

16 hours ago, syd said:

some said that about Njoku. and that turned out well.

Good point. Njoku grew up, I imagine Jeudy has, too. I actually like the trade, we'll see how it plays out. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

$41 mill guaranteed.

That's a bold move, Cotton. 

I think someone else said this; but I'd sure love to see some contract incentives in these guaranteed contracts.  A guy can get a soft tissue injury that gets measured by what is your pain/discomfort on a scale of 1-5?  If he's a sand-bagger - he'll milk that right out far longer than necessary IMO.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

48th in yards and 2 TDs.  And we just gave him 41 mill guaranteed.  This FO amazes!!  

Just think about all the guaranteed money we're all leaving on the table by not putting up numbers...

50 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

48th in yards and 2 TDs.  And we just gave him 41 mill guaranteed.  This FO amazes!!  

Did you see Syd's link where they restructured Jeudy's contract to free up $10?   Not to make you feel any worse, but now they can sign someone like Anthony Schwartz for his 1st Happy Meal in Cleveland...

On 3/20/2024 at 1:39 PM, Flugel said:

I think someone else said this; but I'd sure love to see some contract incentives in these guaranteed contracts.  A guy can get a soft tissue injury that gets measured by what is your pain/discomfort on a scale of 1-5?  If he's a sand-bagger - he'll milk that right out far longer than necessary IMO.  

Yeah, who was that one we got about 9 or 10 years ago that pulled that on us and barely ever caught a pass before leaving the Browns and NFL for good? Ever since I turned 77 yesterday my memory is reflective of our unnamed candidates both sides of the ball. 🙃🏳️‍🌈🙃

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Yeah, who was that one we got about 9 or 10 years ago that pulled that on us and barely ever caught a pass before leaving the Browns and NFL for good? Ever since I turned 77 yesterday my memory is reflective of our unnamed candidates both sides of the ball. 🙃🏳️‍🌈🙃

EDIT: Google is my friend. Dwayne Bowe-caught 5 passes for us in 2015. 1 time All-pro before we gave away money for nothin'.

Gone back to watch four full games (so far) of JJ so far in Denver's offense.  Actually more pleasantly surprised than what I was expecting.   He functions primarily as their Z (off ball) receiver in the Donkey's system.   The pre-snap motion man so many offenses design a lot of their chain movers around.     

There were a couple times I could see frustration setting in, and a couple of those comments from Steve Smith hit home.  Other times? I see a capable receiver who does well at his role and, in an offense that wasn't for volume passing, had more than a couple opportunities every game to contribute further if only Wilson could have more reliably found him and delivered.  Including a gimmie TD catch and another for YAC that would have likely been 6 points.   That's just in the quarter of a season I've seen so far.    I'll have more on that later. 

I see the potential, but I also see the downside.   

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Kenny Britt?   I called him Kenny Brat; and some guy said something like "if you don't like him you can follow someone else."  I took the greenlight and said something like: I do. I follow the players on this team that are at least trying to be professionals. 

When it comes down to the reality only 1 of 32 teams is interested in paying you anything close to your asking price - it's not the time to be an "I before team" kind of low-life.  I think Belichick signed him shortly after thinking he could CPR a football heart in that hollow inner chest.  No luck there either.

11 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I see the potential, but I also see the downside. 

Well, one downside is the amount of money he got....while we have Cooper, who was one of the cornerstone pillars that our '23 playoff run team stood upon.  But, it's what FA is.  Mostly, the better FA players will cost you $ to entice to come to your team.  Especially if the team is Cleveland...a place with $hitty winter weather (for you and your family) and you're going to have to play outside in it.  

That said, it's good that Berry is showing his concern for the WR position.  It's just so very important to have a good passing attack in the NFL.  

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Flugel said:

Kenny Britt?   I called him Kenny Brat; and some guy said something like "if you don't like him you can follow someone else."  I took the greenlight and said something like: I do. I follow the players on this team that are at least trying to be professionals. 

When it comes down to the reality only 1 of 32 teams is interested in paying you anything close to your asking price - it's not the time to be an "I before team" kind of low-life.  I think Belichick signed him shortly after thinking he could CPR a football heart in that hollow inner chest.  No luck there either.

On 3/22/2024 at 10:45 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

EDIT: Google is my friend. Dwayne Bowe-caught 5 passes for us in 2015. 1 time All-pro before we gave away money for nothin'.

This is who I was thinking about Tom. Britt actually caught a few passes and made some yards. This guy did didly squat.

Yeah, Britt & Bowe.....another guy that could be shoe-horned into that category would be Andre Rison, from before Modell made off with our team.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Orion said:

Yeah, Britt & Bowe.....another guy that could be shoe-horned into that category would be Andre Rison, from before Modell made off with our team.

I remember those days. I actually had Rison's jersey. I think I still have it somewhere........

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

This is who I was thinking about Tom. Britt actually caught a few passes and made some yards. This guy did didly squat.

Okay!  WOW, I totally forgot about him Aggies. Never a dull moment. 

On 3/22/2024 at 11:35 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Ever since I turned 77 yesterday my memory is reflective of our unnamed candidates both sides of the ball. 🙃🏳️‍🌈🙃

Good thing Orion caught this or I still wouldn't have noticed it was there.  Happy Belated Birthday young man!

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Well, one downside is the amount of money he got....while we have Cooper, who was one of the cornerstone pillars that our '23 playoff run team stood upon.  But, it's what FA is.  Mostly, the better FA players will cost you $ to entice to come to your team.  Especially if the team is Cleveland...a place with $hitty winter weather (for you and your family) and you're going to have to play outside in it.  

That said, it's good that Berry is showing his concern for the WR position.  It's just so very important to have a good passing attack in the NFL.  

I'll maintain, the money doesn't concern me as much as the draft capital given up.  So long as we aren't completely mortgaging the future, the dollars and sense don't worry me that much.  

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Good thing Orion caught this or I still wouldn't have noticed it was there.  Happy Belated Birthday young man!

I've been telling people I was going to be 77 for so long, I feel like I should really be 78 now.  LOL!😁

• Haha 1