THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎ The Denver Broncos have reportedly traded receiver Jerry Jeudy to the Cleveland Browns, for 5th, 6th rd picks.

7 hours ago, Flugel said:

When I first heard the rumors the Browns were interested in trading for Jeudy - I was worried they would have to give up too much to get him so I wasn't enthused about the idea.  This is awesome though!  

last year I do believe the donkeys were asking for a 2nd for him

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, syd said:

I just hope he show's why he was the 15th overall pick

If the guy catches 50+ balls at 14.5 yards a clip, I'll be fine with the guy. 

Adds some needed speed/quickness. 

22 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

The same Baker that Tampa and himself are (rumored) to be at an impasse in terms of $ per year?   With Mayfield believing he's worth A LOT more than the Bucs are willing to pay.    Should be interesting to see how that shakes out.

One last quote response because I am both a Bucs and Browns fan.

Baker agreed today to a 3 yr 100 mil, 50 mil guaranteed contract which in essence makes it a 2 two yr deal. The Bucs will not pay him $40 mil in 2026

Why? because Mayfield and Johnny football are the same guy, living off the coat tails of one Mr Mike Evans. Without Evans, Manziel doesn't win his Heisman and go on to CFL fame and Mayfield 's career does not get resurrected in Tampa..

Mike Evans will enter the HOF.

Manzeil and Mayfield will not without a ticket

• Upvote 1

ah, so WIDE RECEIVERS were certainly a problem then, when I said it was, and

certain so called mouthy experts said it wasn't - they just needed a new qb.

I was correct bigtime.

Meanwhile, the qb that "didn't need wr's" ....

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Well look here, it's Ruh-Tard Tourette's Cal! 

My goodness, the inferiority complex on that one. 

You ever wonder if certain people are really that stupid, or do they do it just to piss you off?

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Neo said:

You ever wonder if certain people are really that stupid, or do they do it just to piss you off?

I would never underestimate Comrade Cal's stupidity. 

On 3/10/2024 at 11:19 PM, Axe said:

One last quote response because I am both a Bucs and Browns fan.

Baker agreed today to a 3 yr 100 mil, 50 mil guaranteed contract which in essence makes it a 2 two yr deal. The Bucs will not pay him $40 mil in 2026

Why? because Mayfield and Johnny football are the same guy, living off the coat tails of one Mr Mike Evans. Without Evans, Manziel doesn't win his Heisman and go on to CFL fame and Mayfield 's career does not get resurrected in Tampa..

Mike Evans will enter the HOF.

Manzeil and Mayfield will not without a ticket

I can't be that harsh with Baker.  He isn't living off the coattails of Evans, Johnny clearly did.   However Mike makes Bakers life a bit easier and, by no coincidence, the mistakes that plague him, a lot more minimized.    Mikey is a HoFer in my mind, just a high ceiling and consistent performer his entire career. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I can't be that harsh with Baker.  He isn't living off the coattails of Evans, Johnny clearly did.   However Mike makes Bakers life a bit easier and, by no coincidence, the mistakes that plague him, a lot more minimized.    Mikey is a HoFer in my mind, just a high ceiling and consistent performer his entire career. 

Manziel competed 27% of his passes to Mike Evans, slightly above one quarter. So he did not clearly live off Evans' coattails. 

EDIT: Now let's go back to Heisman winner John Huarte of Notre Dame in 1964. He completed 114 passes, 60 of which were to Jack Snow. Now maybe there you could argue that Snow carried him on his coattails to the Heisman, because Huarte did not run for even 8 yards that season, whereas JM ran for 1410 his Heisman season, none of which he was seen riding any coattails.😁

• Haha 1

On 3/11/2024 at 9:03 PM, Dutch Oven said:

I would never underestimate Comrade Cal's stupidity. 

I don't know.  He kind of sounded like George Costanza trying to give his tiny little acorn an alibi.

• Haha 2

On 3/10/2024 at 11:25 PM, Orion said:

Berry continues to attack areas of need.  

Just a few hours 'til FA.

Exactly!  Now he's re-signing the productive FAs from last year that only had 1 year contracts. This is great for continuity and chemistry in many areas that were gigantic needs last year.   Well done Andrew Berry!

The Bears are are dying to get a very small/any exchange value for Justin Fields - I hope we consider or at least inquire about this regardless of the Winston signing. With Watson's injury - he's 1 blindsided landing on the throwing shoulder from career curtains.  I can't think of a better back-up plan than Fields.  Again, he had a TD:INT ratio of 41:3 as a soph at OSU 1 season before leading the Buckeyes to a National Championship Game (where COVID prevented 10 Ohio State starters from playing vrs Bama).  We've got an OL the Bears haven't given to Fields... 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

$41 mill guaranteed.

That's a bold move, Cotton. 

He’s gotta be better then Moore

1 hour ago, Browns149 said:

He’s gotta be better then Moore

I suppose, but IMO he needs to be much better than Moore to justify that much money for such a so-so start to his career.

The Jeudy extension kind of feels like a "well if we pay him like a stud player, maybe he'll be a stud player" situation, instead of a "this is a fair market deal based on your prior production" situation.

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I suppose, but IMO he needs to be much better than Moore to justify that much money for such a so-so start to his career.

The Jeudy extension kind of feels like a "well if we pay him like a stud player, maybe he'll be a stud player" situation, instead of a "this is a fair market deal based on your prior production" situation.

I am not a fan of this deal because as you mentioned his previous history. Feels like a big overpay. Now if this was an incentive laden deal where he could make that much I would be all for. Hopefully he lives up to the contract.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

I am not a fan of this deal because as you mentioned his previous history. Feels like a big overpay. Now if this was an incentive laden deal where he could make that much I would be all for. Hopefully he lives up to the contract.

some said that about Njoku. and that turned out well.

12 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

Like, he's not had the production you'd want from a first rounder, but if he catches 50-65 balls at 14.5 yards a clip like he has, I think he's well worth the 5th and 6th rounders the Browns gave up for him.

But not worth that much guaranteed money. But hey, it's not my money and as long as Jimmy keeps paying all these big contracts that get converted into bonuses, apparently this can go on infinitely. 

I'd like to see Cooper extended a few years. 

49 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Like, he's not had the production you'd want from a first rounder, but if he catches 50-65 balls at 14.5 yards a clip like he has, I think he's well worth the 5th and 6th rounders the Browns gave up for him.

But not worth that much guaranteed money. But hey, it's not my money and as long as Jimmy keeps paying all these big contracts that get converted into bonuses, apparently this can go on infinitely. 

I'd like to see Cooper extended a few years. 

It's a insane contract for jeudy who has been supremely inconsistent. Haslam needs a leash.