THE BROWNS BOARD

Who Are The Browns Going To Pick at #54?

Give it a shot - it's just for fun.  Try to make it someone projecting in the vicinity of the draft slot in round 2. I'll start with a slight reach (and I'm thinking we might even draft a RB in the next round).  Here's my selection for the Browns at Pick #54 in Round 2 (and if he head butts Rodger Goodell - I'll give him a $200 bonus):

LT Kiran Amegadjie - Yale, 6-5 321lbs 37 inch arms  - 2 time All Ivy League 1st Team Selection.  Strong, fast, fierce and agile.  Led his team to 2 Ivy League Championships.  In 2015, the Bucs drafted Division 3 OG Ali Marpet out of Hobart in the 61st slot overall and he eventually made the Pro Bowl.  1 Mock Draft in Athlon Sports Draft Mag has the KC Chiefs drafting Amegadjie at #63 overall to protect the blindside of Mahomes.  Right now LT is a glaring weakness on the blindside of QB the Browns have invested a lot of money in.  LTs go fast in the draft so it might be very well worth the reach.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Give it a shot - it's just for fun.  Try to make it someone projecting in the vicinity of the draft slot in round 2. I'll start with a slight reach (and I'm thinking we might even draft a RB in the next round).  Here's my selection for the Browns at Pick #54 in Round 2 (and if he head butts Rodger Goodell - I'll give him a $200 bonus):

LT Kiran Amegadjie - Yale, 6-5 321lbs 37 inch arms  - 2 time All Ivy League 1st Team Selection.  Strong, fast, fierce and agile.  Led his team to 2 Ivy League Championships.  In 2015, the Bucs drafted Division 3 OG Ali Marpet out of Hobart in the 61st slot overall and he eventually made the Pro Bowl.  1 Mock Draft in Athlon Sports Draft Mag has the KC Chiefs drafting Amegadjie at #63 overall to protect the blindside of Mahomes.  Right now LT is a glaring weakness on the blindside of QB the Browns have invested a lot of money in.  LTs go fast in the draft so it might be very well worth the reach.  

I like your pick but my bet is on the DL first. All depends on who is there, so no real pick other than positional for me.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

Cross off Sweat entirely, or at best drop him a couple rounds to high day 3. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39895470/ex-texas-longhorns-dl-tvondre-sweat-arrested-dwi

Oh, come on now. JFF would be happy to pick him up and drive him to Cleveland. Kerrville is just a little ways away from Asstin ya know.🍻

• Haha 1

There was a time where I actually did follow the draft and prospects. I don't know anything about the players in this years draft. I would imagine they will address the O-line and possibly linebacker.  Seems like we addressed RB and WR pretty well in FA. I would bring in another CB to develope as insurance for Ward or Newsome.

8 hours ago, Flugel said:

A new starting LT is No1 on my wishlist, so I am on board with your pick. I suppose @TexasAg1969 is right about our situation being more BPA, go with the flow, yada yada, boring. I want my LT dammit!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Draft Buzz has WR Ricky Pearsall at#54, so I will go with him even though Berry doesn't draft players of his type very often.

Ricky is a good player.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Flugel said:

This is an excellent choice, I could definitely see this happening. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Draft Buzz has WR Ricky Pearsall at#54, so I will go with him even though Berry doesn't draft players of his type very often.

Ricky is a good player.

He's a very good player!  He and Ladd McConkey (who ran in the 4.3s) run great routes and have good hands.  

5 hours ago, Orion said:

Ja’Tavion Sanders, TE, Texas    6-4/243

We lost Harrison Bryant so this would be a nice upgrade.  This is always fun when we throw our draft ideas into a blender.  

6 hours ago, Neo said:

There was a time where I actually did follow the draft and prospects. I don't know anything about the players in this years draft. I would imagine they will address the O-line and possibly linebacker.  Seems like we addressed RB and WR pretty well in FA. I would bring in another CB to develope as insurance for Ward or Newsome.

If you're old school like some of us - go buy a draft Magazine and it'll get you up to speed with the names, positions and rankings within the position groups.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Flugel said:

If you're old school like some of us - go buy a draft Magazine and it'll get you up to speed with the names, positions and rankings within the position groups.

It will be nice to finally have a first rounder again next draft, that will kickstart draft talk throughout the offseason by more people on here beside the small crew of guys who get into it a little deeper. 

Hell, I just start looking up MLBs mock drafts 🤣 because I'm in the draft mood. Somehow the Guardians won the lottery and got the #1 overall pick (they had lie a 2% chance).

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I like your pick but my bet is on the DL first. All depends on who is there, so no real pick other than positional for me.

Understandable Aggies!   We could use another difference maker up front inside or on the edge so it'll be interesting.

3 hours ago, Flugel said:

We lost Harrison Bryant so this would be a nice upgrade. 

Sanders would be a liability in run blocking...but I didn't think that Harrison was great at run blocking...nor was he much of a receiving target.  I expected more out of a Mackie winner.

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Understandable Aggies!   We could use another difference maker up front inside or on the edge so it'll be interesting.

Well I know you always love OLs and you know I say DL because Defense wins championships.  LOL!  Be funny if we got one of each those 1st two picks.

8 hours ago, Orion said:

Sanders would be a liability in run blocking...but I didn't think that Harrison was great at run blocking...nor was he much of a receiving target.  I expected more out of a Mackie winner.

Not only that Bryant was a very good OT in high school believe it or not.  I can't remember if he switched to TE as a senior or in college.  All that being the case, I thought he'd bring some of those blocking skills to our offense.  I was wrong.   

On the other hand, David Njoku has developed into a very good blocking TE after a shaky start with that part of his game.  

In some of our previous discussions where we picked 5 favorite guys for our 2nd and 3rd round draft slots - Dutch put Buckeyes TE (morphed from LB/DE) Cade Stover at 6-4 251 lbs as one of his favorites.  He seems like he offers that throwback dual purpose Dave Casper/Mark Bavaro type.  He made tons of clutch catches at Ohio State and had 5 TD receptions in each of the last 2 years.  

In the end, I like your thinking about TE and Sanders is listed as the 2nd highest rated TE in 1 magazine and the 3rd in another.  Stover is rated just 1 spot behind him in each of those draft magazines fwiw.  Both guys are good clay to mold for an NFL team.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/39895470/ex-texas-longhorns-dl-tvondre-sweat-arrested-dwi

Do I dare say that could be one of the best things that happened to our 2024 draft?  And "with the 85th pick of the NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select Defensive Tackle and Happy Hour Coordinator T'Vondre Sweat from the Texas Longhorns in conjunction with the Travis State Penitentiary." 

Once upon a time (1988) Al Davis drafted a DE Scott Davis 25th overall out of Illinois that was in jail during the draft.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Do I dare say that could be one of the best things that happened to our 2024 draft?  And "with the 85th pick of the NFL Draft the Cleveland Browns select Defensive Tackle and Happy Hour Coordinator T'Vondre Sweat from the Texas Longhorns in conjunction with the Travis State Penitentiary." 

Once upon a time (1988) Al Davis drafted a DE Scott Davis 25th overall out of Illinois that was in jail during the draft.

Now where is cal to defend this guy? After all we had videos of a drunk Baker Mayfield with cops before we drafted him.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Now where is cal to defend this guy? After all we had videos of a drunk Baker Mayfield with cops before we drafted him.

Baker had more fans on our board after he was a Cleveland Brown.  Where else does stuff like this take place?

7 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Could you imagine the outrage from a certain corner of this message board if say Lamar Jackson had done something like that?

THE OUTRAGE! 😁

(The absolute best part of that incident is a guy drafted #1 in the NFL could not outrun a cop. Comedy gold, right there.) 

• Haha 3

On 4/9/2024 at 1:10 PM, tiamat63 said:

I think he's gone before we pick at 54.

42 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Good, let someone else take the 360lb guy. 

You're on a roll tonight!  😆  Looking at the weight of the guy above - I should have said you're on a bunch of rolls...

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Orion said:

I think he's gone before we pick at 54.

How about this guy as one of our last 2 picks?  WR Luke McCaffrey, Rice 6-2 195 lbs.  Beat his older brother Christian's time in the 40 yard dash running a 4.46.  He started off as a QB for Nebraska before transferring to Rice and settling in at WR.  He'd make a very good slot receiver IMO.

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/Luke-McCaffrey-QB-Nebraska

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Good, let someone else take the 360lb guy. 

It's an interesting measurement number.  It's also the number degrees in a circle.  He's a big round guy.  

He won't fall far.  Somebody will see him as BPA and take him.