THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump and Abortion

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trumps-abortion-stances-republicans-2024-gop-rcna147222

Clearly Trump is just saying whatever to win. I mean, that's politics. Not unique to him.

But for pro life posters here, do you think this is a state's rights issue?

Thoughts on Arizona falling back to a law from the civil war that basically bans abortion?

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trumps-abortion-stances-republicans-2024-gop-rcna147222

Clearly Trump is just saying whatever to win. I mean, that's politics. Not unique to him.

Thoughts on Arizona falling back to a law from the civil war that basically bans abortion?

Clearly biden and obamao and higgardly etc LIED to get into office. Trump doesn't lie - that is why the left hates him. And yes, it is absolutely a states rights issue, one that should be decided on by a state level. What does it matter if Arizona goes back to a law from the old days?  That doesn't make it invalid. Murder was illegal from the old days. Rape was illegal from the old days.

There is no Constitutional/Bill of Rights basis to establish abortion as a federal law, as there is for gun ownership, and free speech to mention two.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

source(1).thumb.gif.56ff356949735fe39ffacb7e7a72eca5.gif

What Arizona supreme court did is a power grab by people who can't be reasoned with because they truly believe they're stopping murders. I suspect the legislative and executive branches will force this to come to a vote. I also suspect, like Ohio, Arizona will vote for the right for women to have an abortion. Checks and balances will come out on top. 

If it doesn't get overturned, then he won't be winning arizona. 

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

What Arizona supreme court did is a power grab by people who can't be reasoned with because they truly believe they're stopping murders. I suspect the legislative and executive branches will force this to come to a vote. I also suspect, like Ohio, Arizona will vote for the right for women to have an abortion. Checks and balances will come out on top. 

If it doesn't get overturned, then he won't be winning arizona. 

If anything that probably hurts conservatives in Arizona because their hard abortion stances aren't widely popular, this ruling is getting clowned on, and it will bring liberals out to vote in November 

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Clearly biden and obamao and higgardly etc LIED to get into office. Trump doesn't lie - that is why the left hates him. And yes, it is absolutely a states rights issue, one that should be decided on by a state level. What does it matter if Arizona goes back to a law from the old days?  That doesn't make it invalid. Murder was illegal from the old days. Rape was illegal from the old days.

There is no Constitutional/Bill of Rights basis to establish abortion as a federal law, as there is for gun ownership, and free speech to mention two.

Ignoring that fact it is adorable, delusional, and hilarious you think Trump doesn't lie...

Why would you want it to be a state's rights issue? Don't you think abortion is murder? I would think you'd want it to be a national ban. Why are you leaving human rights up to the states?

As out of touch and insane conservatives are that want a national ban at least they're standing on their principles 

Ignoring that fact it is adorable, delusional, and hilarious you think Trump doesn't lie...

Why would you want it to be a state's rights issue? Don't you think abortion is murder? I would think you'd want it to be a national ban. Why are you leaving human rights up to the states?

As out of touch and insane conservatives are that want a national ban at least they're standing on their principles 

I don't think Trump lies - he gets in too much trouble for telling the truth. I already explained why I want it to be a states rights issue. I'll say it again, just read it this time.

When the Constitution/Bill of Rights designates a RIGHT, it is a federal issue.

There is no abortion RIGHT established there, so .....it isn't a federal issue.

I don't believe in abortion. Under some circumstances, it may be a necessity,

medically speaking, and in cases of rape.

That is just me. Now, You either have ZERO abortion, or you have to figure out what is socially acceptable. The left wants total lack of consequences for self-destructive actions - which often, includes sex with no pregnancy preventative - with zero limits.

partial birth abortion and abortion after being born??? Society can't allow that. That is murder. IF you have to have the ability to terminate a pregnancy - it can't be after someone uses the pregancy for gov funding ($$) - then finally murders the child because they don't want the child, never did. That is just one abhorrent example.

It's a complicated issue- and our U.S. Supreme Court saw it like I do - it isn't a federal "right".

Happily murdering unborn children because you didn't try to not have children - is a societal nightmare - destructive.

On a state level - let the states decide. If you find their position intolerable, you can move to another state - more conservative or more leftwing. Finally, if a woman needs to have an abortion, she sure as heck should know it by 12 or 15 weeks.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't think Trump lies - he gets in too much trouble for telling the truth. I already explained why I want it to be a states rights issue. I'll say it again, just read it this time.

When the Constitution/Bill of Rights designates a RIGHT, it is a federal issue.

There is no abortion RIGHT established there, so .....it isn't a federal issue.

I don't believe in abortion. Under some circumstances, it may be a necessity,

medically speaking, and in cases of rape.

That is just me. Now, You either have ZERO abortion, or you have to figure out what is socially acceptable. The left wants total lack of consequences for self-destructive actions - which often, includes sex with no pregnancy preventative - with zero limits.

partial birth abortion and abortion after being born??? Society can't allow that. That is murder. IF you have to have the ability to terminate a pregnancy - it can't be after someone uses the pregancy for gov funding ($$) - then finally murders the child because they don't want the child, never did. That is just one abhorrent example.

It's a complicated issue- and our U.S. Supreme Court saw it like I do - it isn't a federal "right".

Happily murdering unborn children because you didn't try to not have children - is a societal nightmare - destructive.

On a state level - let the states decide. If you find their position intolerable, you can move to another state - more conservative or more leftwing. Finally, if a woman needs to have an abortion, she sure as heck should know it by 12 or 15 weeks.

You really live in a deranged fantasy land when it comes to what you FEEL is happening around abortion 

(Hilarious too because you say Trump doesn't lie and you turn around repeating his lies on this issue. It isn't that trump doesn't lie, it's just that you like his lies)

Is abortion murder? You seem to think so. 

So why is it ok allowing murder to be legal in some states? 

The absence of an abortion "right" in a federal document doesn't mean it can't be decided at a federal level. Are you really going to try to fall back on some "founding fathers, constitution, perfect document, blah blah blah", and ignore what you think is literal murder, just to find a way to agree with Trump?

(Who has changed his mind constantly btw. He's just saying whatever gives him the best chance of getting elected, obviously)

35 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You really live in a deranged fantasy land when it comes to what you FEEL is happening around abortion 

(Hilarious too because you say Trump doesn't lie and you turn around repeating his lies on this issue. It isn't that trump doesn't lie, it's just that you like his lies)

The absence of an abortion "right" in a federal document doesn't mean it can't be decided at a federal level. Are you really going to try to fall back on some "founding fathers, constitution, perfect document, blah blah blah", and ignore what you think is literal murder, just to find a way to agree with Trump?

(Who has changed his mind constantly btw. He's just saying whatever gives him the best chance of getting elected, obviously)

We're not allowing anything.

It is the states rights.

I don't feel it's ok to have drugs legal in one state and illegal in another, but that's the way it is.

Whether we support drugs, abortion, a little or all the way doesn't matter here.

Please go learn the constitution and bill of rights.

You don't follow the constitution only when it's convenient for you and ignore it by justifying your crusade. If anyone believes that abortion is murder at any stage then they may proceed to go through the proper channels and change things. You don't start stripping away protections in the constitution and bill of rights just because 'you' believe in something. Anyone who argues that our constitution is too old is an ignorant, immature ass. Anyone who thinks people only have opinions to fit Trumps is the same ass.

I believe most of us have shared our views on abortion. I'm in the middle, I don't really believe in abortion but I also think for some that can make that choice, it's ok up to a certain stage. When we argue honestly what that stage is, I'll have a more concise answer. What I definitely don't support is late term abortion. So tell us Woody, what exactly is your stance on this?? Or you just going to sit on the side line and instigate as usual?

Again, just because someone thinks it's murder and supports our founding documents doesn't mean they are supporting abortion in states that allow abortion. Unlike libs point of view, they actually do allow choice and freedom. It's like libs have no sense of standards so they can't comprehend how these things work. You guys work off feelings and nothing more.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Thats why abortion is such a difficult issue.  The SC is in no position to give abortion a yes or a no, due to so many factors and variables...(rape, incest, the how late or early in the pregnancy, etc.)

The death penalty is murder too, according to liberals. That is why who dies and who lives is left up to the individual states, as the case should be involving abortion.

Abortion being protected as a human right would mean all abortions, even later term and being killed after being born alive would be protected. I would guess that in the hearts and minds of the SC they believe that such a gruesome procedure, and it is gruesome, especially when it involves the late term termination of a life is something that is not and should not be Constitutionally protected under the guise of civil rights.

Since it has been determined by the SC that abortion is not protected under the Constitution, going forward If abortion were to be decided on a federal level as you suggest, I would presume it would involve an additional amendment?

Woodpecker demands abortion, slurs anyone who thinks differently because it hurts his FEELINGS.

He can get all outraged at some gay person being murdered, but Ashley Babbit gets murdered - he couldn't feel one bit of outrage.

He FEELS like it is good to ignore the torture, murder and rape by his illegals, and unlimited abortion is fine with him.

He just pecks against the wind. Apparently it makes him be a sad bird, so he just lashes out at others.

image.jpeg.cfe79d423691cca5947e5618074576ec.jpeg

2 hours ago, FY56 said:

Since it has been determined by the SC that abortion is not protected under the Constitution, going forward If abortion were to be decided on a federal level as you suggest, I would presume it would involve an additional amendment?

I believe that is exactly true. A sick, failing society has no bounderies of good and bad.

the bad is the left trying to pervert/subvert the rest of society.

It's a social disease worse than a lot of folks think.

If we did add an amendment on abortion, the left would fight ANY restrictions, including pba, after being born, maybe they would demand abortion up to two years.

Then they would fight to make it three years.

sad, and true:

https://www.ewtn.com/catholicism/library/as-many-abortions-as-possible-12118

As Many Abortions as Possible

"

Everything they saw that day, from the vast fields of ripening grain to the many children, spoke of fertility. It seemed nothing could change the vitality of these people. As Martin and Karl drove from village to village their faces grew increasingly grave.

In the evening they returned. Martin talked about all the children he had seen and warned that, "someday they may give us a lot of trouble" because they were "brought up in a much more rugged way than our people." Alarm spread through the group until its leader spoke.

Obviously peeved, he pointed out that someone had suggested that abortion and contraceptives should be illegal here. He went on, "If any such idiot tried to put into practice such an order. . . he would personally shoot him up. In view of the large families of the native population, it could only suit us if girls and women there had as many abortions as possible."[1]

The date was 22 July 1942, the same day the Nazis began transporting Warsaw Jews to the Treblinka death camp.[2] The place was the 'Werewolf' headquarters in the Soviet Ukraine. The group's leader and abortion advocate was Adolf Hitler. The two men were Martin Bormann, his secretary and Karl Brandt, his physician."

unlimited convenient abortion - a little bit likecD43KSarfE-8.png

Yes Cal, you are a deranged moron. You don't need multiple posts to tell us. 

Do you think abortion is murder or not? If you did, I'd think you'd want to work towards banning it nationwide. 

This is the view of other conservatives. Even though I think they're completely wrong, at least they have a spine. 

Instead you're trying to match your kings gymnastics as he changes his view every few months. 

And we've established many times the reality of what abortions are happening, when, why, etc are completely lost on the rabidly anti abortion group. Acknowledging reality goes against their derangement so facts will be ignored. Nothing new. 

17 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I already said this, earlier, featherbrain. Under some circumstances, I can see the termination of a pregnancy, ONLY under certain circumstances.

It's a volatile issue, a heartbreaking issue. It is not a "RIght" per our Constitution/Bill of Rgiths, therefore, it's a states rights to decide...issue.

Society falls apart when there are no consequences for destructive actions by individuals enough to damage society. Respect for LIFE must be maintained.

It's a tough question, but a free for all with abortion is no answer.

You are wrong, and your slurs are just emotional knee jerking.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Woody it's pretty clear most people want it to remain legal with a handful of restrictions. You are the only one here, as far as I know, who supported the candidate whose position was anytime for any reason.

WSS

And which candidate is that?

And when have I said that's what I support?

3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I already said this, earlier, featherbrain. Under some circumstances, I can see the termination of a pregnancy, ONLY under certain circumstances.

It's a volatile issue, a heartbreaking issue. It is not a "RIght" per our Constitution/Bill of Rgiths, therefore, it's a states rights to decide...issue.

Society falls apart when there are no consequences for destructive actions by individuals enough to damage society. Respect for LIFE must be maintained.

It's a tough question, but a free for all with abortion is no answer.

You are wrong, and your slurs are just emotional knee jerking.

"Respect for life must be maintained"... But not enough for you to want a federal law? 

Interesting you're falling back on some legal interpretation over something you're claiming is a "sanctity of life" issue. 

Good to know, I guess. Though I'm sure you'll absolutely not follow that logic when the political powers that be say otherwise. 

But sure, state's rights to decide something you think is murder. Cool. 

(And classic Cal, hyperventilating over my "slurs" while doing the exact same thing back... )

40 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

"Respect for life must be maintained"... But not enough for you to want a federal law? 

Cool indeed. As it should be. Some states will go right, some will go left and these things will fluctuate over time I'm sure. The thing is this one one of many issues(education?) that needs to be taken out of federal hands or jurisdiction and given back to the states. The federal gov is far too bloated...

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

no, I said

23 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

partial birth abortion and abortion after being born??? Society can't allow that. That is murder. I

so, the idea that abortion just because you want to for stupid, irresponsible reasons, like pba and abortion AFTER being born.

so, you are having serious trouble reading and comprehending. SO many of your blathering is infantile.image.thumb.png.1695736e6c3c3224513a7b7e49418f4e.png

13 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

And which candidate is that?

And when have I said that's what I support?

At least try not to be a hypocrite, a liar or an idiot. Just try. Bernie sanders. Thanks carry on.

I'm not sure Joe Biden hasn't said pretty much the same thing but I don't have a quote.

WSS

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

And while you're all shitting your pants keep in mind that even the Arizona law excludes the first trimester unless I'm mistaken. Which I could be.

WSS

Isn't that how Democrats are aborted?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

no, I said

so, the idea that abortion just because you want to for stupid, irresponsible reasons, like pba and abortion AFTER being born.

so, you are having serious trouble reading and comprehending. SO many of your blathering is infantile.image.thumb.png.1695736e6c3c3224513a7b7e49418f4e.png

Woody won't dare give his opinion on abortion or anything because he only knows how to attack and instigate.

He doesn't have any real thoughts. He can't even make an argument without painting you into a corner, ignoring what you actually say or think.

He's not even fun debating. My favorite is when he swoops in to attack, then tells you he knows what you're going to say and then tells you he's not coming back.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

And while you're all shitting your pants keep in mind that even the Arizona law excludes the first trimester unless I'm mistaken. Which I could be.

WSS

It bans all abortions, including rape and incest, unless the life of the mother is at risk, and it allows the physician to be prosecuted 

Even Trump and some other Reps are saying it's asinine. But then again they're the reason we got here. So we'll have to see if the moderate middle believe their lies or not. Clearly they need the middle to win in November and they're realizing catering to the more extreme right wing evangelicals has backfires in major elections.