THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  🏈  The Official 2024 NFL Draft ✔️ Day 1 Thread  <--▪︎  RIGHT HERE !

30 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Falcons pick may be the worst I have ever seen. Injury prone 24 year old who won’t play because they’ve just paid Cousins a fortune. 

Mind boggling 

I was shocked how unimpressed I was with Penix during the National Championship Game. 

I don't get this pick at all. 

5 QBs in the top 12 .... I believe that is a record of some sort !   It should be !

I'm watching a movie with the wife.  :lol:

---------

..... edit add .....  Just snuck on my desk TV on the DRAFT !

Edited by mjp28

8 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well Carolina took the Xavier I liked a lot from SC. Wish he had still been there at 54.

Who woulda thought we gotta be careful using the 1st name Xavier all of a sudden?  There's the Gamecocks' Xavier Legette staying in the Carolinas and the footspeed of Xavier Worthy that will be catching passes from Patrick Mahomes this Fall.  You know we're in a different era when there's 2 Xaviers in the 1st round; and not 1 guy named Tom. 

• Haha 1

Morning & Happy Fri-Yay Draft-day Brownies !

Thanks for a amazing football fan night in Detroit City !  That night may only compare to Detroit Pistons or Tigers championship run ! We got as close as 7 rows back from fenced barrier & never chose to move. Until 💯 k decided to checkout after Lion's trade up/pick. Amazing fun, classy fan groups all night ! 

Word on street headed to exit.. GM's do r e a c h !  back for more today ! can't wait

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

MAC player in the first round alert! 🤪

15 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

Steelers are up now. Here’s hoping they make a mistake 

As a Toledo grad... It was a blessing, to see both Pitt & Cincy pass on CB Quinyon Mitchell 👀.. I'm a huge fan of good players skipping player portals to showcase elsewhere. Q. Mitch stayed at MAC school home/ to 1st round talent. Q's been a great kid at TU 

Both AFCN teams took rookie Tackles that M.Garrett may see.. Ravens later went CB Nate Wiggins from Clemson. I was really thankful when Philly took Quinyon Mitchell off clock before the Rats picked.   

Enjoy today.. Day 2, sets up rather well !   Go BROWNS ! 

9 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Morning & Happy Fri-Yay Draft-day Brownies !

Thanks for a amazing football fan night in Detroit City !  That night may only compare to Detroit Tigers WS run ! We got as close as 7 rows back from fenced barrier & never chose to move. Until 💯 k decided to checkout after Lion's trade up/pick. Amazing fun, classy fan groups all night ! 

Word on street headed to edit.. GM's do r e a c h !  back for more today ! can't wait

As a Toledo grad... It was a blessing, to see both Pitt & Cincy pass on CB Quinyon Mitchell 👀.. I'm a huge fan of good players skipping player portals to showcase elsewhere. Q. Mitch stayed at MAC school home/ to 1st round talent. Q's been a great kid at TU 

Both AFCN teams took rookie Tackles that M.Garrett may see.. Ravens later went CB Nate Wiggins from Clemson. I was really thankful when Philly took Quinyon Mitchell off clock before Rats picked.   

Enjoy today.. Day 2, sets up rather well !   Go BROWNS ! 

Have fun Gumbs!

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Have fun Gumbs!

It's been a blast ! Leaving a hometown breakfast diner that NC can't touch  

THE ORIGINAL (f'n) PANCAKE HOUSE - Updated April 2024 - 113 Photos & 104 Reviews - 3310 W Central Ave, Toledo, Ohio - Breakfast & Brunch - Restaurant Reviews - Phone Number - Menu - Yelp

on the road, for a great day of Gates open at Noon ! 

Note to Andrew Berry...

Don't get cute !  download.jpg.bb27c380459b2fed182a90d5cea7df31.jpg

• Like 1

Appears that the Ravens and Steelers made great picks, although not hard to do considering the talent available.

Well except if you're the Bengals. This huge OT who the experts say is "a project" or "has potential".

Really? In the first round? With all the proven college talent still there for the taking?

53 minutes ago, FY56 said:

Appears that the Ravens and Steelers made great picks, although not hard to do considering the talent available.

Well except if you're the Bengals. This huge OT who the experts say is "a project" or "has potential".

Really? In the first round? With all the proven college talent still there for the taking?

And the Ravens picked up the Big Man from Tenn in the off season. The Derrick Henry acquisition along with their running QB can prove to be a real difference maker for them.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And the Ravens picked up the Big Man from Tenn in the off season. The Derrick Henry acquisition along with their running QB can prove to be a real difference maker for them.

We've got our work cut out for us. The division is only gonna get better. Well at least the Rats and Stealers will.

Recall when the Patriots ruled the East. For years every team in that division, including Buffalo were perennial losers barely breaking .500.

Too bad it doesn't look like we'll be that lucky.. not in the foreseeable future anyway.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

How's that new Lions jersey fitting? 

My 2021 Cleveland Draft jacket is fitting great, thank you very much..

Honestly, the NFL has gotten better at this since 2021. Huge blocked off draft village. Pretty cool. 

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

My 2021 Cleveland Draft jacket is fitting great, thank you very much..

Honestly, the NFL has gotten better at this since 2021. Huge blocked off draft village. Pretty cool. 

Good to hear.  Buy a great big cold draft beer; and it gets really simple from there.  Drink the Draft & watch the Draft.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SdBacker80 said:

Situational pass rusher…3rd down get after the QB guy.  And depth of course. 

So maybe we don't have to move Myles inside on those 3rd downs anymore.

• Upvote 1

Uninspiring picks sometimes turn out to be the right pick.

I think he is here to replace Ika.  I think Schwartz said Ika can't play in his D.  Maybe Hall turns in to a MD Perry type player.

• mjp28 unpinned this topic