THE BROWNS BOARD

▪︎  🏈  The Official 2024 NFL Draft ✔️ Day 1 Thread  <--▪︎  RIGHT HERE !

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, no no no no no. 

Thursday night, hurry up!

Oh yeah !  

download (20).jpeg

On 4/22/2024 at 8:39 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

And of course who doesn't like a good highlight reel?  LOL!

With Jacob Phillips leaving perhaps they go that way early. (not that Phillips was much of a player for us)

2 hours ago, Orion said:

With Jacob Phillips leaving perhaps they go that way early. (not that Phillips was much of a player for us)

Actually I think he's gone before our first pick. But ya never know.

Sadly haven't been able to do the work I would usually do in years past, and what little I have done has gone elsewhere.  Busy busy.  So some condensed thoughts. 

- LB class fails to impress me top to bottom.  Payton Wilson reminds me a bit of Zaven Collins mixed with Blake Martinez. Not sure how I feel about that other than lukewarm at best. 

- QB class isn't far behind the list in my lack of excitement. Which is funny given that every 20 years you get a monster group - 84, 04....24?   I wasn't alive for the first class and I was a teenager for the 2004 group.  But I don't see this two decade trend holding up.    Caleb Williams is a great improviser, but his work when the SC line wasn't at it's best looked....selfish and panicked, to say the least.   All the physical tools in the world, but does he have the brain to play and handle the most intense and difficult position in all of sports? Not so sure. 

I still have yet to see a logical argument for JJ McCarthy being as hyped as he is.

- Draft is trench heavy and I like that.  Means a small trade down from #54 likely won't harm this team.  I'd gladly take two solid players over one pretty good player.  And both lines need a bit of future proofing before long. 

- DB I haven't had time with, but I've loved the New England method of late rounder plus athletes that get coached up. 

- Not really seeing a need for receiver unless the BPA is just THAT good. 

Looking forward to another good draft with some shocks memories.  I might be watching from my phone the first couple days. But I'll do my best to log in and be active day 3.   

I'll post TBB discord link later because that's a great online meet up to do live draft discussion.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

- LB class fails to impress me top to bottom

Yeah, it's not touted as a good LB draft.  I know that it's hard to justify a WR with all of the WR's we have...some of them draft choices from recent drafts that should be expected to flourish right about now...but it's a deep receiver draft so I expect we'll come out of the draft with one.  Whichever WR is currently 'on the bubble' most probably won't be missed (Bell?).  -  Having said that, WR will probably be deep in drafts for the foreseeable future.  I mean, colleges no longer run the wishbone.  The college game now mimics the pro's.  And I also like the college football player's new financial situation.  It's keeping more kids in school for their senior year.  Perhaps a percentage of these will come out with some sheepskin.

1 hour ago, Orion said:

Yeah, it's not touted as a good LB draft.  I know that it's hard to justify a WR with all of the WR's we have...some of them draft choices from recent drafts that should be expected to flourish right about now...but it's a deep receiver draft so I expect we'll come out of the draft with one.  Whichever WR is currently 'on the bubble' most probably won't be missed (Bell?).  -  Having said that, WR will probably be deep in drafts for the foreseeable future.  I mean, colleges no longer run the wishbone.  The college game now mimics the pro's.  And I also like the college football player's new financial situation.  It's keeping more kids in school for their senior year.  Perhaps a percentage of these will come out with some sheepskin.

I hear ya about the WR thing.  Having said that, I'd like to upgrade Elijah Moore and I think we can do it in this draft if we attempt to.  I was never really enthused with the trade for him like others were.  If we don't go after one - he has another year to try to prove me wrong. 

7 hours ago, Orion said:

Cooper and Moore are free agents after this season. 

That would leave us with Jeudy and a whole bunch of young guys who haven't done much as of today. 

Hopefully a Cooper extension happens. 

• Upvote 1

IMG_20230712_192310413_HDR.jpg.13842087fc635d74e35dd225ef2d2460.jpg    over the clouds, from the right wing tip, before landing in Motor City

IMG_20230712_102215999.jpg.c92f646c76846cf4d29acc35e02b001d.jpg   Lodging on the East side w/fam in Oregon, Ohio. Home of Thee Clay High mighty f'n Eagles 🦅

It's Good to be back Home !   

Day One of Draft-day!  I can sit back & watch fans go f'n bonkers !  Night 1, never fails to be a exciting night

Let's Go Browns Day 2 !  W 0 0 F !  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎  🏈  The Official 2024 NFL Draft ✔️ Day 1 Thread  <--▪︎  RIGHT HERE !
  • mjp28 featured, unfeatured and pinned this topic
On 4/21/2024 at 6:46 PM, syd said:

al ways liked the draft. Ill be watching thursday

Oh yes !   Every year the rebirth  of the NFL FOOTBALL,  year after year.

( even though Thursday at 1:30 pm I will be in a dentist's chair .... but I shall return !  maybe about 3-4 pm )   :lol:

...... edit add .....  I was home by 4 pm,  everything came out just fine.   A good  DDS visit  ~except~ that my dentist is booked up until Oct 2024  so I have to see the other guy in July 2024 .....

Some business, eh ?

Edited by mjp28

On 4/20/2024 at 8:18 AM, Dutch Oven said:

I'm so excited, I just can't hide it, no no no no no. 

Thursday night, hurry up!

Oh yeah !  

download (20).jpeg

That's the spirit Dutch !   Leading the way again   --->

Edited by mjp28
▪︎ 2024 NFL DRAFT, APR. 25 to 27 ▪︎

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just saw on ESPN that Tee Higgins and Trey Hendrickson both are requesting trades from the Bengals. 

Believe it or not, Trey Hendrickson had 17.5 sacks last year as a RDE facing Left Tackles.  Unlike TJ Watt that went against Right Tackles every week, Hendrickson didn't whine about Myles Garrett winning Defensive Player of the Year.  It's been said by another great pass rusher Micah Parsons, film had a way of showing what pass rushers commanded the most attention from offensive lines and their teammates (in his praise for Myles).  Aside from that, 1 long time elite LT (Trent Williams) said Garrett is the easily best DE he has faced.  Pittsburgh decided to protect TJ Watt from a challenge like Trent Williams at LT so all Watts Tears for Fears landed on deaf ears and cold beers.

Hold on a second  "Ma'am could I have a De-caff please?"  

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

I seem to be in the minority.  Unless the Browns are on the clock, the draft is boring.

You're not in the minority with that. I'll watch tonight but I'm way more interested when the Browns are in play.  Tomorrow will be a lot more exciting.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I seem to be in the minority.  Unless the Browns are on the clock, the draft is boring.

It certianly takes some of the interest  out  of the goings on when our  Cleveland BROWNS  are not currently on the clock.

~ But ~  you still want to see where each of the college players go to which teams.  Like  the  GO BUCKEYES  for example.

Also just which  AFCN  teams get stronger and by how much.

THAT is what  every NFL DRAFT DAY  is all about.

GO BROWNS !   Pick well.   :D

download.png

21 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Fully expect for the booger-eating Michigan Man to trade Justin Herbert tonight so he can take JJ McCarthy for his LA Chargers. 

Ha no chance of that surely 

• Haha 1

Williams... Daniels... Mayes go 1,2,3. 

Cardinals have two great WRs sitting there for them. 

And the Arizona Cardinals select:

WR Marvin Harrison Jr, THE Ohio State University