THE BROWNS BOARD

Anti-Israel mobs sweep across elite universities just before Passover

6 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Yes, and I'm pointing out that he's an unprincipled hypocrite who is only rooting for it this time because the people getting arrested are on the other team. 

pardon me, miss, but your slip is showing. I mean, your bias has slipped again.

8 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Yes, and I'm pointing out that he's an unprincipled hypocrite who is only rooting for it this time because the people getting arrested are on the other team. 

While it's true that both "teams" engaged in violence and were arrested, it does not make them equal partners in crime so to speak. Those that stormed the capitol consisted of patriotic Americans that love this country, the other team supports an enemy of the US, appears to have a significant antisemite element, and are of the demographic hardly recognized as being patriotic Americans, but rather haters. They would and did literally shit on the flag.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anyone should be kicked out of the country. But given the choice if anyone is more deserving of being "ejected", it's the other team.

Speaking of ..It's too bad those lefties that vowed to leave the country if Trump got elected didn't make good on their promises.

On Wednesday, Brandeis University President Ron Liebowitz put out a statement to the school community saying it no longer recognized the Brandeis chapter of the National Students for Justice in Palestine. It made the move over what the university said was the group's support of Hamas and its "its call for the violent elimination of Israel and the Jewish people," he wrote.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

Meanwhile, at Ohio State.

What are the odds Biden has himself a May 4th?

image.thumb.png.db2d1e4e05551302371591af1fab9d6d.png

Not an unfair question - except the anti-war demostrators at Kent didn't call for American's death, and death to Israel. They didn't claim to be terrorists. If you are inferring the students killed at Kent were deliberately shot, that is a lot of nonsense for the most part. and it was the National Guard firing warning shots - dangerously - that ended up killed some students away from the crowd...that was throwing rocks at the national guard. The Kent protesters weren't threatening anyone, though they burned down the ROTC building on a Saturday....

Not snipers up on roofs. Barring your protesters from throwing rocks etc at the police - I would say no, the odds are extremely bad for it to happen.

15 minutes ago, VaporTrail said:

image.thumb.png.c890f2f01b73ef3ac1e560b6198de7c2.png

Time is a flat circle. 

your pic is from Wisonsin. Kent State is in Ohio. Morons don't know how to make a correct fire:

image.thumb.jpeg.7d74d8d43a9579c19bdd247cf0d97812.jpeg

10 hours ago, VaporTrail said:

Meanwhile, at Ohio State.

What are the odds Biden has himself a May 4th?

btw, on May 4th 1970 = I was actually on campus there.

No tent city. No threats to kill an entire nation, no threats to Israel to be destroyed,

The two officers could be feds or state police, I guess.

At Kent State, the National Guard guys were tired and wondering "what the".....

But I guess if one of the "palestinians" had a suicide vest on, which is what they do in the middle east,

the officers on the roof might have to take that bomber out.

One study of Palestinian suicide bombers reveals the critical role played by the Hamas dawa - Hamas's social-welfare infrastructure of clinics, schools, mosques and charities - in pushing angry and frustrated Palestinians to the point of committing acts of terrorism. While they acknowledge that no single

SAy - now some of the pro hamas protesters are also supporting

hezbollah.

Have to wonder where all those "palsetinian", "i am hamas" etc garb and signs are coming from......

Has anyone seen those for sale at any walmart?

https://redstate.com/jeffc/2024/04/26/the-pro-hamas-crowd-has-found-a-new-terrorist-group-to-support-n2173349

The Pro-Hamas Crowd Has Found a New Terrorist Group to Support

39 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

It's amazing how cal keeps one upping himself on being completely incorrect and dangerously ignorant about a subject. Just when I think he's peaked his dementia riddled brain reaches new heights. 

Exactly what is he incorrect about?

Why is he dangerously ignorant and on what subject?

Do you say that which has no subject matter only to insult him in the end?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Jax said:

Exactly what is he incorrect about?

Why is he dangerously ignorant and on what subject?

Do you say that which has no subject matter only to insult him in the end?

Peckerhead thinks he is  above everyone else in intellect.  He looks down on everyone.  Boy, is he is for a shock.

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Jax said:

Not even remotely similar in any shape or form.

You're right, it's actually the complete opposite. 

BLM protests didn't threaten military industrial complex profits - police stood down as the protests turned into riots and several American small businesses were destroyed.
Vietnam and Israel antiwar protests DO threaten military industrial complex profits - police shut them down promptly. 

Personally, I'd prefer the government prioritize the average American over any foreigner, but I guess that is considered quite antisemitic in this day and age. 

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

BLM protests didn't threaten military industrial complex profits - police stood down as the protests turned into riots and several American small businesses were destroyed.
Vietnam and Israel antiwar protests DO threaten military industrial complex profits - police shut them down promptly. 

Personally, I'd prefer the government prioritize the average American over any foreigner, but I guess that is considered quite antisemitic in this day and age. 

blm protest/RIOTS happened without being shut down because they happened in hard core democrat cities, who allowed it.

The Vietnam protests happened a lot, we used to watch them for a bit, and laugh at the stupid crap. They weren't shut down because it wasn't necessary, til they went to D.C. and ended up in RFK stadium. The trouble was, as a gal was crying huge tears, her friend in the student union explained - her brother was in Vietnam and the leaders of the trip used their remaining bus money to throw a wild party at their hotel. They didn't get arrested because they didn't even go to the protest.

I've told that story before.

With rocks thrown at the National Guard at Kent May 4th, and the previous burning down of the ROTC building, that is why it was shut down.

There is no protest that threatens the "military-industrial complex".

Prefer away, but your opinion that you'd want our gov to prioritize Americans over foreigners - that is how WWI and WWII ending up having to be enjoined by America, and how so many of our SOLDIERS DIED in those wars.

It has nothing to do with being the "world's policeman", but ignoring conflicts completely lets them become military confrontations that have historically become world wars.

I want us to supply the Ukraine and Israel with weapons etc to help them not be destroyed. Except, Pres Trump had IRan on the economic ropes and russia would never have invaded because before they did, We'd send the Ukraine what they needed TO PREVENT RUSSIA FROM INVADING.

We live in this world, and there are times when we need to prevent the world from exploding into world war. Failing that, all hell breaks loose.

Just my opinion. Prevention is a great cure for the risk of having to put our Soldiers into harms way.

It's history.

1 hour ago, VaporTrail said:

You're right, it's actually the complete opposite. 

I think you're confused.

Anti semetic protests are against the American citizen purely out of hate and racism. It's not about the gov't attacking protesters, it's about keeping safe our citizens that happen to be discriminated against by a certain group that is out and out threatening them with real violence. Just so happens the new hippy fad crowd jumped on this terrorist bandwagon.

BLM is a money and power grab. Much like climate change, create a problem, throw funds at it and change laws to 'protect' people. Only they pocket the cash and gain gov't power/control. Much like the patriot act was to 'protect' us from foreigners but is used to spy on regular Americans and what not.

You're trying to dilute these antisemitism protests as nothing more but being against war and trying to save people from a made up genocide. They don't want to stop the war for the people, other than the hippy followers who are brainwashed, they want to hurt Israel, destroy it and exterminate their race. They hate America not because we support Israel, that's being naive, they hate us because we are not them. For once the gov't is doing it's job as it should have during the blm riots.

Our rights are protected for all citizens and the biggest part of that is your freedom ends where mine begin. You can protest, but you don't have a right to threaten or harass me, impede my travel. burn my business, trespass on and on. I get it though, people like to frame these stories to what fits their narrative instead of what's actually going on.

Also, it was subtle, but are you blaming police and not our gov't for allowing the riots?

I also need clarity but I don't recall police shutting down vietnam protests. It was the nat'l guard at Kent and honestly I'm not sure of that exact reason, but how many times did police shut down Vietnam protests? They seemed to protest all over the place, even right up in returning soldiers faces.

• Upvote 1

YES, What Jax said. I have pictures of the National Guard - they were polite and just being there to stop the violence.

Again, when we were leaving the campus, we saw two tall longhaired hippie freaks messing with one lone National Guardsman guarding their little parking lot of vehicles. They bumped him a bit, we started to go over and stop them -

and they went to try to put a flower, then a pebble down the barrel of his rifle, then he whipped his gun at them and ordered them to back off.

They freaking shut the hell up and quietly left.

I figure that the anti war rallies was just an excuse for fighting the status quo. They were on power trips - they loved the feeling. When the leaders throw a party and don't even to their own rally - that is really telling. Like a big crowd that goes to a rock concert and raises hell.

Look at all the money that blm brought in and abused. Look at all those new tents and signs and "palestinian" garb - who buys all that for them?

Antifa raised all sorts of hell - it wasn't about Israel or the Ukraine, it wasn't about race relations - it was about rock concernt hell raising, anti-American politically motivated.

These "palestinian" rallies have been in the planning for several years, I think.

18 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

It's amazing how cal keeps one upping himself on being completely incorrect and dangerously ignorant about a subject. Just when I think he's peaked his dementia riddled brain reaches new heights. 

Its not amazing that you didn't back up your allegations. That's what happens when liberals get triggered.

This is one of those topics where spouting asinine statements as hard fact is just par for the course. But if your one source of truth on the war is the fucking IDF then I'm not surprised. 

It isn't worth the time to disprove every statement when Israel Times is the country source. 

I hope our govt can hold Israel accountable and they stop their genocide in Gaza. 

• Haha 1

yet, the woodpecker can't prove he's right - he just claims he is and FEELS "superior".

no workee, bird jerkie.

image.gif.98ca8cfdd890777e61c863eef4e90364.gif

38 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

This is one of those topics where spouting asinine statements as hard fact is just par for the course. But if your one source of truth on the war is the fucking IDF then I'm not surprised. 

It isn't worth the time to disprove every statement when Israel Times is the country source. 

I hope our govt can hold Israel accountable and they stop their genocide in Gaza. 

Anti-Semitism Rises in Europe Amid Israel-Gaza Conflict - The New York ...

8 hours ago, Jax said:

I think you're confused.

Anti semetic protests are against the American citizen purely out of hate and racism. It's not about the gov't attacking protesters, it's about keeping safe our citizens that happen to be discriminated against by a certain group that is out and out threatening them with real violence. Just so happens the new hippy fad crowd jumped on this terrorist bandwagon.

BLM is a money and power grab. Much like climate change, create a problem, throw funds at it and change laws to 'protect' people. Only they pocket the cash and gain gov't power/control. Much like the patriot act was to 'protect' us from foreigners but is used to spy on regular Americans and what not.

You're trying to dilute these antisemitism protests as nothing more but being against war and trying to save people from a made up genocide. They don't want to stop the war for the people, other than the hippy followers who are brainwashed, they want to hurt Israel, destroy it and exterminate their race. They hate America not because we support Israel, that's being naive, they hate us because we are not them. For once the gov't is doing it's job as it should have during the blm riots.

Our rights are protected for all citizens and the biggest part of that is your freedom ends where mine begin. You can protest, but you don't have a right to threaten or harass me, impede my travel. burn my business, trespass on and on. I get it though, people like to frame these stories to what fits their narrative instead of what's actually going on.

Also, it was subtle, but are you blaming police and not our gov't for allowing the riots?

I also need clarity but I don't recall police shutting down vietnam protests. It was the nat'l guard at Kent and honestly I'm not sure of that exact reason, but how many times did police shut down Vietnam protests? They seemed to protest all over the place, even right up in returning soldiers faces.

The police are an arm of the government. The national guard is an arm of the government. They both do the government's bidding. The government is far and away in the pockets of the military industrial complex. They have gone as far as killing anti-military industrial complex protesters. They have demonstrated that they will come down hard on protests against their profits. 

There was a neo nazi rally in West Virginia today that went viral. In contrast to the current Gaza/Israel protests, no one sent the riot cops there to shut the nazis down because neonazis are an irrelevant group of people that don't endanger MIC profits.  And honestly, the MIC benefits from neo nazi groups existence because it keeps the general population's anger directed at them rather than the MIC. 

Hate speech is protected speech. If you want to create a rally about hating jews, queers, blacks, californians, or the irish, that is your god given right as an American. If you want to wish for any of those groups of people to die in horrifying and painful ways, that is also your god given right as an American. If you trespass as an act of protest, then that's deserving of getting arrested, fined, and given community service - not up to 20 years in prison like the Jan 6 people are getting. 

If you harm someone who disagrees with you at a protest, that makes you a rioter and you belong in jail. If you block traffic to make your point, you are preventing ambulances from getting to hospitals and belong in jail. If you tell someone you're going to kill them, then that is a credible death threat, and 1A does not protect you from that, to jail you go. If you attempt to physically prevent a Jewish student from attending class, then you are in breach of the law and should go to jail. 

Foundation for Individual Rights and Expression is what the ACLU used to be before they turned into partisan hacks. Thankfully legal organizations like this still exist. 

https://www.thefire.org/news/heres-what-students-need-know-about-protesting-campus-right-now

• Upvote 1

I don't see where we disagree there. Though police aren't an arm for the gov't on a federal level, they are local. That distinction matters.

I don't see evidence of the police/gov't shutting down all Vietnam protests and the Israel protests are threatening, harassing and they are trespassing. I don't agree the similarities you tried pointing out.

Hate speech is not as protected as you think it is these days, though I agree it should be. It's the actions that matter.

The gov't being in the pockets of the military industrial complex is conspiracy theory. I like a good theory as the next guy, and I don't doubt some politicians are or parts of gov't, but it doesn't explain away what you were trying to say about why these pro hamas protests were getting shut down. They were getting shut down because they are so far in the wrong even the gov't can't pretend not to see it.

16 hours ago, Jax said:

Hate speech is not as protected as you think it is these days, though I agree it should be. It's the actions that matter.

It's more a complicated issue than a lot of folks think. Hate speech is one thing, terrorist threats are another - this article explains it better than I can:

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2014/11/when-does-the-first-amendment-protect-threats-elonis-united-states-supreme-court-free-speech/383255/

When Does the First Amendment Protect Threats?