THE BROWNS BOARD

■  🏈  The Official 2024 NFL Draft  ✔️ Day 2 Thread <--  RIGHT HERE !

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And my two Aggies get selected tonight.😁👍

Offensive Guards have feelings too!  I say that because there's an Aggie OG Layden Robinson projected as high as round 2 (Lindy's) that I haven't seen you mention in here yet (unless I was sick that day).  All kidding aside, even if that projection exceeds others that group Guards in with Centers - he may be someone for you to keep your eye on.  There's 32 teams so all it takes is 1 to notice him.

They'll probably give him a hilarious acronym/nick-name as a rookie.  "WHO MISSED THAT BLOCK?  Was it LayRob or Peak-a-Boo?"

27 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Offensive Guards have feelings too!  I say that because there's an Aggie OG Layden Robinson projected as high as round 2 (Lindy's) that I haven't seen you mention in here yet (unless I was sick that day).  All kidding aside, even if that projection exceeds others that group Guards in with Centers - he may be someone for you to keep your eye on.  There's 32 teams so all it takes is 1 to notice him.

They'll probably give him a hilarious acronym/nick-name as a rookie.  "WHO MISSED THAT BLOCK?  Was it LayRob or Peak-a-Boo?"

Well if he is still there in the 3rd, we should probably take him. But I was having so much fun this year with Smith and Cooper, I didn't bother with Robinson or DT McKinnley Jackson, both of whom I see as 4th or 5th rounders.

But I'm calling it right now for next year in the 1st. Keep a strong watch on A&M's portal transfer from Purdue, 6-4, 280 Jr Edge rusher Nic Scourton who led the Big 10 in sacs last year. He was the real standout in the Spring Game with a defensive minded head coach to utilize him to the fullest this coming year. I think he will play well enough to come out early to be a 1st rounder. Team him up with Myles and here we go. I will give some feedback during the year, but from what I saw he looks to be the best A&M Edge since Myles.

• Upvote 1

Best available day 2 from Danial Jeremiah.

https://www.chargers.com/news/best-available-players-day-2-nfl-draft

And from elsewhere his 1st rounders still there:

Jeremiah had DeJean as the No. 24 overall player, so landing in the second round won't be a complete shock. The same goes for Newton (No. 25), Mitchell (No. 27), Alabama cornerback Kool-Aid McKinstry (No. 28), Texas A&M linebacker Edgerrin Cooper (No. 29) and Georgia wide receiver Ladd McConkey (No. 30).

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

But take 21 of those guys off the list before we pick.  (watch us trade the pick again)

---  from sbnation:

Wide Receiver

• Troy Franklin, Oregon
  • Adonai Mitchell, Texas
  • Keon Coleman, Florida State
  • Roman Wilson, Michigan
  • Ladd McConkey, Georgia
  • Ja’Lynn Polk, Washington
  • Malachi Corley, Western Kentucky

Offensive Line

• Kingsley Suamataia, BYU
  • Kiran Amegadjie, Yale
  • Blake Fisher, Notre Dame
  • Roger Rosengarten, Washington

Tight End

Running Back

• Jaylen Wright, Tennessee
  • Trey Benson, Florida State
  • Jonathon Brooks, Texas
  • Audric Estime, Notre Dame
  • Braelon Allen, Wisconsin

Defensive Tackle

• Johnny Newton, Illinois
  • Michael Hall Jr., The Ohio State
  • Kris Jenkins, Michigan
  • Ruke Orhorhoro, Clemson
  • Braden Fiske, Florida State

Defensive End

• Marshawn Kneeland, Western Michigan
  • Jonah Elliss, Utah
  • Austin Booker, Kansas

Linebacker

Cornerback

• Cooper DeJean, Iowa
  • Kool-Aid McKinstry, Alabama
  • Max Melton, Rutgers

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

but from what I saw he looks to be the best A&M Edge since Myles.

I'd put more stock into these words if you hadn't been so off the mark on your previous pimping's of A&M players that fell wildly short of your hype. 

38 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I'd put more stock into these words if you hadn't been so off the mark on your previous pimping's of A&M players that fell wildly short of your hype. 

If you discount Myles whom I pimped after year one at A&M. I put him up as redemption for JFF and his substance dependence problems which no one seemed to understand until he was with the Browns.

Day 2 Parking Lot Tailgate update..🍻 (just returned to grounds)

Fun Stuff that should get TV eyes...

Picture yourself in a 8 level Detroit downtown Parking garage. Karaoke boombox echoing to Bob Seger "Working on the Night Moves" heard for blocks   

Classic fun, from 1500 NFL karaoke tailgaters ! Rock'in Robert is back in the house for Day 2 !  LET IT ROCK  !   

42 minutes ago, Orion said:

I would like   Adonai Mitchell, Texas   please.  - Pats need wr.

I'd be shocked if he's not drafted within the next 21 selections.  The good news is there will probably promising WRs like Brenden Rice, Devontez Walker, Jamari Thrash available.  I got a sick feeling the LT from Yale will be gone at this time so a good WR would be awesome. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I'd be shocked if he's not drafted within the next 21 selections.

Yeah, it's a pipe dream.  Perhaps Sanders the TE that I wanted.

edit - missed him by 2 pick slots.  :(

My picks are in..

Junior Colston

Payton Wilson

Troy Franklin

Kingsley Suamataia

Call it Berry

Browns Pick #54  DT Michael Hall Jr  Buckeye

19 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Kingsley Suamataia

Needs A LOT of work 

Love me some Mikey Hall, love Buckeyes staying home.  I question the price paid at #54 for a rookie 3 tech with some previous health issues. 

• mjp28 changed the title to ▪︎   🏈  The Official 2024 NFL Draft  ✔️ Day 2 Thread <--  RIGHT HERE !
  • mjp28 pinned this topic
52 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Needs A LOT of work 

Love me some Mikey Hall, love Buckeyes staying home.  I question the price paid at #54 for a rookie 3 tech with some previous health issues. 

I've got 2 TVs going,  DRAFT  &  Guardiajns going.

If anyone is interested in an MLB update .....   Kwan led the game off with a solo HR  that was it.

ATL 6 - 1  bottom 8.  The Braves pitching took over.   Top 9 now.

Back to the  NFL DRAFT  folks.

.....  edit add  ......   ATL 6  CLE 2,  final score.

Edited by mjp28