THE BROWNS BOARD

Jowon Briggs' Highlights

Flugel

Here's some highlights of our last pick in the draft. Before we make too much of these - we're not going to be seeing any plays he wished he could do over here. Here's a Wikipedia write-up about him: 

Briggs started the first game of his true freshman season at Virginia in 2019, becoming the first freshman on the defensive line to start for the team in the opener since 1986.[9] He ended the season with 19 tackles and a sack and was named a mid-season Freshman All-American.[10] He then appeared in seven games in 2020, after having played in 13 in his first year.[11] He entered the NCAA transfer portal and transferred to the Cincinnati Bearcats in 2021.[12] He ended with 39 tackles, seven tackles-for-loss (TFLs) and four sacks in his two seasons at Virginia.[13]

In his first year at Cincinnati, 2021, Briggs totaled 43 tackles along with four TFLs and three sacks while appearing in all 14 games.[3] The following season, he recorded 60 tackles and 4.5 TFLs and was named a first-team All-American Athletic Conference (AAC) selection.[14] He returned for a final season in 2023 and was a team captain and honorable mention All-AAC choice while recording 27 tackles in 12 starts.[13] He finished his time at Cincinnati with 130 tackles, 14.5 TFLs and eight sacks and earned invites to the Hula Bowl and East–West Shrine Bowl.[15][16][17]

• Flugel changed the title to Jowon Briggs' Highlights
41 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Here's some highlights of our last pick in the draft. Before we make too much of these - we're not going to be seeing any plays he wished he could do over here. Here's a Wikipedia write-up about him: 

Briggs started the first game of his true freshman season at Virginia in 2019, becoming the first freshman on the defensive line to start for the team in the opener since 1986.[9] He ended the season with 19 tackles and a sack and was named a mid-season Freshman All-American.[10] He then appeared in seven games in 2020, after having played in 13 in his first year.[11] He entered the NCAA transfer portal and transferred to the Cincinnati Bearcats in 2021.[12] He ended with 39 tackles, seven tackles-for-loss (TFLs) and four sacks in his two seasons at Virginia.[13]

In his first year at Cincinnati, 2021, Briggs totaled 43 tackles along with four TFLs and three sacks while appearing in all 14 games.[3] The following season, he recorded 60 tackles and 4.5 TFLs and was named a first-team All-American Athletic Conference (AAC) selection.[14] He returned for a final season in 2023 and was a team captain and honorable mention All-AAC choice while recording 27 tackles in 12 starts.[13] He finished his time at Cincinnati with 130 tackles, 14.5 TFLs and eight sacks and earned invites to the Hula Bowl and East–West Shrine Bowl.[15][16][17]

The 4th play from the end of this video was my fave.  Check out the lead blocker.  I think he woke up on Gilligan's Island...

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

The 4th play from the end of this video was my fave.  Check out the lead blocker.  I think he woke up on Gilligan's Island...

That was the first time I've seen a guy tackled by throwing his blocker clean into him like that 🤣

• Haha 1

GooD LorD ! 

GMNNIFXWIAAXDkh.jpg.4565be73934de4cdda5d0a893d563cfd.jpg

Jimmy Schwartz had to approve of this new toy !  image the crossing stunts 👀 There's a night-train coming your way  🚂 

6 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

Joey Bosa against Penn State I think in 2015.  Final play of the game 

That or when Sam Hubbard tackled Barkley and whoever the dbag QB was who wore #9 at the same time are perhaps my favorite OSU defensive plays ever, besides Cie Grant blitzing Dorsey in 2002. 

15 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

That or when Sam Hubbard tackled Barkley and whoever the dbag QB was who wore #9 at the same time are perhaps my favorite OSU defensive plays ever, besides Cie Grant blitzing Dorsey in 2002. 

The Bosa one SD mentioned was 2014 - J.T's rFrsh season when Braxton was out.    #9 would have been Trace... we lost to Penn State that year at their house (2016)

4 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

The Bosa one SD mentioned was 2014 - J.T's rFrsh season when Braxton was out.    #9 would have been Trace... we lost to Penn State that year at their house (2016)