THE BROWNS BOARD

2025 Draft Picks

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I don't know why, but I really kind of like that Watson kid. I think at worst he is going to help out with special teams. 

His film is VERY rough.  He's going to struggle in space and likely in the passing game.  Tackling isn't his issue when the play comes his way, but beyond that?  He's got athletic limitations I question his mind will overcome.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

His film is VERY rough.  He's going to struggle in space and likely in the passing game.  Tackling isn't his issue when the play comes his way, but beyond that?  He's got athletic limitations I question his mind will overcome.

A guy that is built for the game a generation ago? 

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

I'm not sure this was the year to draft a LBe; so I guess I could say I liked where we got him in round 6.  Believe it or not, he was the AP SEC Defensive Player of the Year and a 3rd Team All American for whatever that's worth. In 2022, he finished 2nd in the SEC with 113 tackles. In 2023, he had 137 tackles with 13 of those for a loss and 10 sacks.  I'm curious if the majority of those were at the point of attack/at the line of scrimmage.  Lindy's said range will be a concern so that agrees with your assessment above. 

14 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

A guy that is built for the game a generation ago? 

The SEC DPOTY has had a nice run of success in the NFL the last few seasons. 

But the track record before this last run wasn't so hot.  Watson, at the moment, looks like he falls more towards that former string of winners category. 

12 hours ago, Flugel said:

I'm not sure this was the year to draft a LBe; so I guess I could say I liked where we got him in round 6.  Believe it or not, he was the AP SEC Defensive Player of the Year and a 3rd Team All American for whatever that's worth. In 2022, he finished 2nd in the SEC with 113 tackles. In 2023, he had 137 tackles with 13 of those for a loss and 10 sacks.  I'm curious if the majority of those were at the point of attack/at the line of scrimmage.  Lindy's said range will be a concern so that agrees with your assessment above. 

Remember when we watched Jaylon Ford get smoked on a simple backer replace check down?  Saw the similar weakness in Watson's game.

When you're getting roasted like that in college on simple stuff, it doesn't just magically get easier at the pro level. 

• Upvote 1

I like Watson as well.  Miss St wasn't very good, but he did lead the SEC in tackles.  At least he seems to find the ball.

On 5/14/2024 at 6:26 PM, ballpeen said:

I like Watson as well.  Miss St wasn't very good, but he did lead the SEC in tackles.  At least he seems to find the ball.

which i believe is why we drafted him and hall for passing situations