THE BROWNS BOARD

Petition asking Lerner to sell the Browns

SaveOurBrowns

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please pass it on on facebook or anywhere else. And yes, and suggestions are welcome, thank you Fooleeze. I still have a day job, so it'll be up to other Browns fans to help carry the movement on. There will be media coverage after 1000 signatures, so that can be used to get some leaders in this cause.

As far as the team moving, that have what, 20 years left on their lease? That's a bit harder to break than the three years Modell had. I think we're safe until 2029 on that front.

So you can go right back to 1999 then.

1999 ???? were there, pal.

The only difference between now and 1999 is---- our horrible QB came from Notre Dame (so he's pretty, and a legand....vomit-vomit)...in 99' our horrible QB came from Kentucky---truth is, bring back Tim Couch.....(sigh)...with this line and # 17 ????? they would whip the crap out of the 2009 Cleveland Browns.

Bermeck (i'm waiting for the Browns vs. Florida Gators comparison ... Florida 27, Cleveland Browns 3)

Yeah MOVE

If Lerner feels the Browns fans are not supporting him. He can choose to do something OTHER than sell the team. He can try moving it to another market. And if you think "OH THE NFL WILL NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN".

There's really nothing they can do to stop it. Sure they can give the city yet ANOTHER franchise to start all over again. And sure I am sure that will work out better :rolleyes:

GOOD LORD, 3 games in and all the rats are leaving the ship.

I say good riddens to you rats. This franchise needed to start over for a long time now and stop looking for quick fixes.

Real work, real change is painful.

Get over it. If you think changing every 3 games and calling for the owner to sell the team is going to do any good, then I don't want to be associated with that being called being a fan.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? "I say good riddens to you rats. This franchise needed to start over for a long time now and stop looking for quick fixes."

Dude!!! Start over??? this is the Fourth START over....FK! FOURTH START OVER IN 10 Years!!! We have an asshole as a coach who has a Napoleon Complex to boot!!! Can't connect with players on any level other than disdain....Rex Ryan comes to town with the exact team mangini had and adds a complete rookie with onlt 12 starts in college and they are 3-o with world beater defense!!! DUDE... Mangini aint it!!!!!

Yeah MOVE

If Lerner feels the Browns fans are not supporting him. He can choose to do something OTHER than sell the team. He can try moving it to another market. And if you think "OH THE NFL WILL NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN AGAIN".

There's really nothing they can do to stop it. Sure they can give the city yet ANOTHER franchise to start all over again. And sure I am sure that will work out better :rolleyes:

GOOD LORD, 3 games in and all the rats are leaving the ship.

I say good riddens to you rats. This franchise needed to start over for a long time now and stop looking for quick fixes.

Real work, real change is painful.

Get over it. If you think changing every 3 games and calling for the owner to sell the team is going to do any good, then I don't want to be associated with that being called being a fan.

Rats? 3 GAMES? Are you serious? This isn't a gut reaction after 3 freakin' games. This is the culmination of everything Lerner has done to this point. There are plently of fans - yes, true FANS - who thought long before these three games that it was Lerner that was the problem.

Real work and real change is painful. It's even more painful when you have to do it every three years because the person doing the hiring can't make a personnel decision for his life and is easily persuaded by others. Hiring Mangini after becoming enamored with him in an interview instead of giong after the top available NFL exec to run your football ops in Pioli spoke VOLUMES about Randy.

Until he sells our Browns will be nothing more than the Lions, Bungles and Raiders. Look at the Patriots. They were awful for years until Kraft took over. Good ownership is what drives consistent good teams, not coaches, GM's or players. It all starts with Randy and I frankly don't think he has what it takes. Period.

So get off your "I'm the best fan and a true fan because I SUPPORT my team" soapbox and realize that what you say is true: Real work, real change is painful. What you don't realize is WHAT change needs to be made.

Real work and real change is painful.

Think real hard about what you just said above. Then think about what you are seeing from the Browns so far. Then put it in perspective of 3 football games. We are seeing the painful part right now.

Like JADBF said, he isn't 100% behind Mangini, but this is a knee jerk reaction. Just as it is to Randy Lerner, who just hired only his second GM and HC as an NFL owner.

Right but again, If Lerner doesn't feel he's being supported, he can choose to MOVE instead of selling.

That can't happen. Right Oakland? right? Anahiem? right baltimor?

If Lerner gets pissed enough, the NFL would have quite a legal battle in forcing him to stay.

So instead just sit on our hands and take it in the rear? Out of fear? Hell no. Not how I roll.

Would I be devastated if he moved the team? Absolutely. But I hold true to my convictions and rights as a fan to support how I believe a team should be supported. I go to at least 6 games a year. I buy gear. I cheer. I own 8 psl's. I follow them as closely as anyone could. And in return what has Lerner done for us? If I truly think he is not the right owner and we are staring down the barrell at being the consistent laughing-stock of the NFL (which we now are), then I believe in pushing for him to sell.

It may not work. He may say 'screw all of you' and keep the team. He may try to move them. But at least I'm voicing what I think is right for CLEVELAND's team.

I also understand that it would be a tough legal battle, but the NFL would fight to the end to keep them in Cleveland. That's what I believe.

as it is to Randy Lerner, who just hired only his second GM and HC as an NFL owner.

OK, he's 0 - 2 ....and its a bad 0 - 2.... These last two hires have set us back 14 years.

Get a grip.

Bermeck (what a nightmare bungle week... my team is laying down like a $5 ho)

Signed it last night..the media needs to pick this up and run with it like the dogs they are...;)

Its going to be hard not supporting my team the team i love but i have no loyalty to this owner nor do i like him and its going to be harder on sports shops that sell browns stuff but it cant get much worse and this club and the nfl are about to lose tons of fan support and ticket buyers...it will get better if lerner sells this team.

ARE YOU SERIOUS??? "I say good riddens to you rats. This franchise needed to start over for a long time now and stop looking for quick fixes."

Dude!!! Start over??? this is the Fourth START over....FK! FOURTH START OVER IN 10 Years!!! We have an asshole as a coach who has a Napoleon Complex to boot!!! Can't connect with players on any level other than disdain....Rex Ryan comes to town with the exact team mangini had and adds a complete rookie with onlt 12 starts in college and they are 3-o with world beater defense!!! DUDE... Mangini aint it!!!!!

Have you ever bothered to think that maybe there are so many start overs because this team has NEVER been built right? This is not going to be an overnight process to build a team that can CONSISTENTLY compete and be in the playoff hunt more than one year in a row.

Rats? 3 GAMES? Are you serious? This isn't a gut reaction after 3 freakin' games. This is the culmination of everything Lerner has done to this point. There are plently of fans - yes, true FANS - who thought long before these three games that it was Lerner that was the problem.

Real work and real change is painful. It's even more painful when you have to do it every three years because the person doing the hiring can't make a personnel decision for his life and is easily persuaded by others. Hiring Mangini after becoming enamored with him in an interview instead of giong after the top available NFL exec to run your football ops in Pioli spoke VOLUMES about Randy.

Until he sells our Browns will be nothing more than the Lions, Bungles and Raiders. Look at the Patriots. They were awful for years until Kraft took over. Good ownership is what drives consistent good teams, not coaches, GM's or players. It all starts with Randy and I frankly don't think he has what it takes. Period.

So get off your "I'm the best fan and a true fan because I SUPPORT my team" soapbox and realize that what you say is true: Real work, real change is painful. What you don't realize is WHAT change needs to be made.

Last time I looked, Pioli's team is 0-3 also.

Have you ever bothered to think that maybe there are so many start overs because this team has NEVER been built right? This is not going to be an overnight process to build a team that can CONSISTENTLY compete and be in the playoff hunt more than one year in a row.

Someone send this to Florio, he will definitely say something about it. Which would get the ball rolling.

Archived