THE BROWNS BOARD

Petition asking Lerner to sell the Browns

SaveOurBrowns

So instead just sit on our hands and take it in the rear? Out of fear? Hell no. Not how I roll.

Would I be devastated if he moved the team? Absolutely. But I hold true to my convictions and rights as a fan to support how I believe a team should be supported. I go to at least 6 games a year. I buy gear. I cheer. I own 8 psl's. I follow them as closely as anyone could. And in return what has Lerner done for us? If I truly think he is not the right owner and we are staring down the barrell at being the consistent laughing-stock of the NFL (which we now are), then I believe in pushing for him to sell.

It may not work. He may say 'screw all of you' and keep the team. He may try to move them. But at least I'm voicing what I think is right for CLEVELAND's team.

I also understand that it would be a tough legal battle, but the NFL would fight to the end to keep them in Cleveland. That's what I believe.

The NFL would cave and let him move them to LA.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Have you ever bothered to think that maybe there are so many start overs because this team has NEVER been built right? This is not going to be an overnight process to build a team that can CONSISTENTLY compete and be in the playoff hunt more than one year in a row.

Hey Neb...every BOTHERED to think that it is fkn painfully obvious that it hasn't been built rite? What a stupid thing to say....Every bother to think? With a franchise QB it can be an overnight process and could consistently compete.

Last time I looked, Pioli's team is 0-3 also.

0-3 but with hope for the future. Pioli is truly starting from scratch with a starting QB and top WR that are hurt. That's why I'm saying this isn't a gut reaction to 0-3, it's a reaction to years of futility. I'd take Pioli over Mangini and Kokonuts any day of the week. 0-3 or 0-10.

Hey Neb...every BOTHERED to think that it is fkn painfully obvious that it hasn't been built rite? What a stupid thing to say....Every bother to think? With a franchise QB it can be an overnight process and could consistently compete.

Of course it hasn't been built right...yet. Duh!!! But a franchise QB is NOT the only thing needed to right this ship. If you can't stand going through another rebuild and hope it gets done right finally then go bandwagon onto some other team. No one here will care if you do and you won't be missed.

0-3 but with hope for the future. Pioli is truly starting from scratch with a starting QB and top WR that are hurt. That's why I'm saying this isn't a gut reaction to 0-3, it's a reaction to years of futility. I'd take Pioli over Mangini and Kokonuts any day of the week. 0-3 or 0-10.

How is Pioli starting anymore from scratch than Mangini and Kokinis?

Of course it hasn't been built right...yet. Duh!!! But a franchise QB is NOT the only thing needed to right this ship. If you can't stand going through another rebuild and hope it gets done right finally then go bandwagon onto some other team. No one here will care if you do and you won't be missed.

Fk you! And a Franchise QB is absolutely necessary

How is Pioli starting anymore from scratch than Mangini and Kokinis?

Meaning that KC has had nothing to work with for years. Supposedly we had some sort of foundation still around from a 10-6 season. But point taken. We both suck right now. I just really believe that KC fans are seeing a future right now and we are not. They are not seen as a laughingstock franchise that no FA in their right mind would go to. Unlike here.

LOL....did I say a franchise QB was not needed? Or is this just another case of your poor reading skills because you're blind with stupid anger?

LMFAO...whatever! Poor reading skills....no, I read that you think this organization hasn't yet been built right....lololol good job captain obvious! Next will be that the Browns wear Orange helmuts....and you think I wont be missed...hahahahahaha.,..oh then there is the bandwagon thing....again you are fkn stupid and wrong

then there is master thanking you for every post....even funnier

Meaning that KC has had nothing to work with for years. Supposedly we had some sort of foundation still around from a 10-6 season. But point taken. We both suck right now. I just really believe that KC fans are seeing a future right now and we are not. They are not seen as a laughingstock franchise that no FA in their right mind would go to. Unlike here.

You may be right....time will tell.

LMFAO...whatever! Poor reading skills....no, I read that you think this organization hasn't yet been built right....lololol good job captain obvious! Next will be that the Browns wear Orange helmuts....and you think I wont be missed...hahahahahaha

then there is master thanking you for every post....even funnier

Dude, you're the idiot wanting to blow it up right now and start over yet again...yet you're sick of starting over yet again. You want the Butch Davis quick fix that resulted in a one-year playoff run before going back to garbage. You want obvious? You're a freakin' MORON. Can't be any more obvious than that.

I don't get the treason angle. It's a proposal for Lerner to sell the Browns, not MOVE the Browns. Big difference fellas.

What's wrong with wanting an owner who has the ability to pick a decent coach and run the team the correct way?

Specta

there is nothing wrong with what you've stated- but whining to a billionaire to sell HIS team screams of loserville.

a petition requesting a promise of effort, leadership, and accountability might be seen as slightly more credible.

Right but again, If Lerner doesn't feel he's being supported, he can choose to MOVE instead of selling.

That can't happen. Right Oakland? right? Anahiem? right baltimor?

If Lerner gets pissed enough, the NFL would have quite a legal battle in forcing him to stay.

So you can go right back to 1999 then.

The city could and would easily win the rights to keep the colors we would have to wait for another expansion but we would be rid of lerner as it is now we have no team ,no pride and no tradition anyways and enough is enough the lerners have taken a lot out of this once proud club and its fans but its nothing that cant be replaced with the right owner and a fresh start..

And support for this team will soon dwindle away to nothing personally i have no desire to see a live game under this ownership and especially this regime i havent been to a game in 3 years now and i wont be buying a sunday ticket next year or any more gear either i have 2 relics from this years craptastic idiocy of a coach all ready...i will watch the games by other means but not a penny to lerner or the nfl...

Its just a chance that has to be taken in an effort to preserve and restore real cleveland browns football...

Sign the petition asking Lerner to sell the Browns:

http://www.gopetition.com/online/31062.html

It hasn't been up for 24 hours yet and is already getting attention (and I've been contacted about possible media interest after it his 1000 signatures - we are past 650 already).

Pass it on!

Signed.

1000 signitures now hopefully the media will pick it up soon randy lerner really needs to know enough is enough and most browns fans have had more than enough as fans and as a sports town cleveland deserves better than we recieved when al lerner bought this expansion but things have gotten worse since randy took it over through inheritance the lerners have failed to acknowledge ,uphold or even support the once proud traditions of this city ,its team and its fans...

This club has been turned inward by lerner away from the prying eyes of the fans and the media that adore it mr lerner and his administration treats the fans and the city as unimportant and irrelavent to anything concerning the cleveland browns except ticket sales..randy lerner doesnt live in cleveland or even ohio and lacks the understanding of what cleveland browns football is all about in general and to the fans personally..

Mr lerner fails to realize to browns fans this team is much more than just a business its a way of life with traditions and a culture that was like no other nfl city and he and his father have tried squandering it all away but the fans are not going to lay down and let it die NO the fans are going to step up and take it back...

i've said it before and i'll say it again: randy lerner is the biggest cancer on this team. he hired two head coaches in a row that nobody else wanted because he"was just so impressed by them." apparently he never knew two guys could be this terrible. i was 100% against the hiring of mangina and it appears right now that i was right. i really hope i'm wrong about him, but it doesn't look like it.

Ever get the feeling Mangini could be a stop gap till next year?

I do want to buy into what Mangini's cooking, it just smells so bad right now. Patience is a virtue and i know its hard to come buy right now, but do you really think Lerner gives a rats ass about a fricken petition concerning his business.

Sometimes a look at history will give you your answers. Just what i thought, no petition has ever forced an owner to sell.

But shitty dealings did cause a team to move. Everyone here has the solution, right?

This board is due for a 'purging' of all the negativity. It sucks, but we knew it was coming.

Archived