THE BROWNS BOARD

McDonald BENCHED

.mz

Insert CB (?) Mike Adams???

Cleveland also will have a shakeup in their secondary. The Cleveland Plain Dealer credits a source that cornerback Brandon McDonald will be benched this week in favor of Mike Adams.

Ummm OK Eric. We have plenty of other cornerbacks on the roster, right? Why play a safety at CB?

via here.

Out of the blue AND the replacement makes no rational sense.

This is the kind of shit we need to start expecting from Mangini.

I'm not talking QB here, BTW............

Holy shit! you haven't even seen Adams at the corner yet. At least save your rant for Monday. You lose a lot of credibility when you do that crap. There are people wanting Cribbs over there and your gonna freak out over an actual DB lining up there?

Oh wait. I just read the entire story and its from the Plain Dealer and they credit "a source". Everyone relax. Adams might have lined up a few times at the corner in practice to work oon cover skills and they're declaring him the starter. Hold the enthusiasm until kickoff Sunday or Mangini says it.

Thanks for making my Adams-is-an-unknown-at-CB-while-we-have-other-corners-on-the-roster point for me.

You're stupefyingly stupid.

EDIT: aren't you the tard who thinks Mangini is doing a great job, using Coye Francies as our CB of the future argument as support? You make zero sense.

i get that he is an unknown but to be against it before it happens isn't very rational considering what we have as DBs. Hence the "wait until Monday" comment.

I guess if I did say that Francies was drafted to be our CB of the future I would be a tard. But I never said that. You have very impressive reading comprehension.

I have no choice but to "wait until Monday." Sunday, really, but who's counting?

Seems like you think I'm the only one who thinks playing a safety at CB when there are other viable corners on the roster is weird. I doubt I am.

I'm sure you'r not the only one but started to talk shit about Mangini like you know something he doesn't about his team. I guess it's a pet-peeve of mine when fans of bad teams can't determine the teams issues and so default to blaming the coaches. It just inaccurately over-simplifies the situation. And, when enough people think this way, I have to hear FIRE THE COACH everywhere I go instead of having an actual conversation about what's actually going on.

Sweet Jesus. Then perhaps you can tell me what you meant by this...

I guess that secondary is being built for the past, then. Not the future.

We were talking about the draft and you think it was a complete disaster. All I was saying is that it was as good as it could have been when you take into consideration team needs, draft value, and draft quality. And so, we took a DB because we needed one, not because he's the second coming of Everson Walls. And still, I want to know how, by drafting the guys you wanted, we will be better in 3 years? Because I can almost gaurantee that if we would follow your model we would be neglecting other key team needs and never improve. Which, is what we have been doing up into this point. For example, if we followed your model and didn't draft WRs in the second round. Next year when Braylon is gone or even if he stays we would either be starting one or two rookies (ie; Kevin Johnson, Quincy Morgan) on the outsides or starting one or two scrap-heap FAs (ie;Furry and Patten). Then, we would still be looking for an offense and be right back where we started. But we would have some good young LBs who will be on the field way too long on Sundays getting burnt at the end of games and adding to our loss column. And so, a wasted draft and another bad year. At least now we have two guys with loads of potential getting acclimated to the league and the system therefore will be ready on day 1 of next year. Or maybe even by the middle of this year. And that, by definition, is drafting for the future.

I get the impression that when somebody has a different opinion than you and it actually makes sense, you get angry instead of mulling it over and coming to a conclusion.

didn't see that one coming.

why Adams and not Coye Francies

Yeah good question adams cant cut it as a starting cb why not give francies the shot of a lifetime?

Manfooli has done it again he just keeps showing us his football savvy and resolve we will loose this game the jerk has got to be fired!

If a guy is not performing you bench him.. it does not mean he will never see the field again.. I stil think he can be pretty good. As for the replacement.. I gotta trust the guys that actually watch practice every day instead of the guys who start at computer screens and tv's like us.

McDonald has been burnt toast all year. Really dreadful. Same thing happened last year and then he came back strong. But he's a ways from his rookie year now and should be on an ascent, not the other way around.

God, we suck. Players I still like: Abe Elam, Kam Wimbley, D'Qwell Jackson (not as much as last year), and Jerome Harrison. I'm sick of hearing how great our nose tackle is, given that we can't stop the run.

Rodgers can't make every tackle by himself, especially when he's double teamed. Wanna know what blows? DE, and our OLBs. Wimbley ain't exactly been reminding me of Chip Banks lately. Jackson? Sheeze, it's been so long the Browns have had a decent ILB, I'm afraid you forgot what one looks like. Where's Michael Dean Perry when you need him?

didn't see that one coming.

why Adams and not Coye Francies

First sensible thing you've come up with in a long time. Adams will get toasted by Chris Henry. The guy is not a CB.

Mangini may set a record for shortest tenure as a Browns Head coach. A 30 point blowout by Da Bungles (I'm predicting it) may land him on the unemployment line come Monday.

Blargh. Your logic is very hard to follow. And it isn't because I'm slow...it's because you're all over the map.

We took Kevin Johnson AND Quincy Morgan in the second round this year, instead of waiting for this coming draft (hey, foresight counts!) and selecting from the talent-rich pool we'd have available to us then. That's a blunder. We passed on any number of solid O-linemen and LB's for those two guys and also to take a chance on a LB Mangini "feels" he can convert (Veikune)...essentially a round 2 project. Since you are crediting him with all of the personnel decisions in NY, how did his "conversion" of Gholston go? Fcuking Robiskie doesn't even DRESS, let alone play...

Again, I UNDERSTAND WHAT DRAFTING FOR THE FUTURE IS. But wouldn't you like to see SOME impact from those round two guys year one? Isn't that what gives you a modicum of insight into what they'll have to offer with more seasoning???

Nah.

Only when they make no sense...

I would like to see some impact from all of our draft picks but I also understand how all of this works and so I may be a little more patient than you with rookies. And we could have waited until next year to draft WRs but doing it this way, we will have two ready to go on opening day of next year, without having to overpay for a 1st round WR project. And we'll have draft picks for other areas of need. Look, Braylon is 99% gone next year. Would you really want to see two rookie WRs on the outside or don't you think you'll feel better seeing two 2nd year guys out there and a shiny new rookie or two starting on defense?

Also, I know that if this were my team, I wouldn't want to have a bunch of rookies on the field with a bunch of bad players that are learning an entirely new system for the first time. You wait until EVERYBODY is ready for rookies to step in. It's not like a video game man. Rookies can't step into a bad team and save the day. You must wait until the system is in place and everybody is on the same page or else you're just wasting everybody's time. You start rookies too soon when you want to win RIGHT NOW. And you know what? When you make that move, you win never.

Dude, we're all pissed about what is on the field right now but you have to keep it in perspective. Second guessing EVERY move is just frustration turned nay-saying. It really hase no base. I guess I just don't like everybody jumping ship and out to lynch the new regime WAAAY to prematurely. Again, this is what rebuilding looks like.

I am so sick of this team, just be glad I am not the coach because I would cut all 53 players at the end of the year <_< What next? we gonna bench Dqwell Jackson? How about Shaun Rogers? [edit] I thought the whole idea of football was to play the best players you have? Mike Adams better than Bmac at corner?

He may not cut all 53 but you can bet about 25 will be 3rd string somewhere else next year.

What about Pool???

Pool, IMO, is the worst player on our 22-man roster ... and Adams happens to play his position.

Amen to that!!! He (Pool) makes 2 plays per year otherwise you wouldn't even

know he's on the field.

Amen to that!!! He (Pool) makes 2 plays per year otherwise you wouldn't even

know he's on the field.

Yeah, he was on my roster cut wish list. I'll say the same thing about the Browns coach as I said about the presidental election. Who in hell would want that job?

Mqassaquoi has two catches and Robiskie doesn't dress. How is this usage preparing them for next year, when you feel they'd be more ready to contribute? At this rate, they'll essentially be rookies next year, too.

Instead of getting these two guys valuable experience, we use a KR and a journeyman in their stead.

Someone tell me how this makes sense on an ubershitty team.

I'm with you on Cribbs. I caught so much shit for laughing at the idea of Cribbs at WR. The guy is a straight ahead runner, I just couldn't see how he could run routes effectively at this point in his career. And some people even suggested RB or CB!? It's a bad move. My theory is that is since we have so little talent maybe they wanted to get their best athelete out there and try and make something happen. Time to end that project.

And I do think if the rookies are any good at all we will see them towards the end of the year or sooner if the guys in front of them don't start producing. Now, we have a new QB. If that doesn't spark something I'm sure the next move will be some new faces on the field. It's just that playing unprepared or non-productive rookies over servicable starters is a give-up move. players have a hard time playing for a coach that has given up. Especially if the guy that gets put in hasn't done jack in practice or in a game. That's a tough move to sell to the team.

And you really do get better when you sit as a rookie. You learn to read coverages, you learn defenders' habits and weaknesses, you learn your QBs tendencies, you learn rythm, you grow over-all more comfortable with your surroundings, and you earn the rest of the team's trust. All the while, you are still practicing everyday and working on your technique. You really try to avoid playing rookies at all costs. It changes the entire dynamic of the team and changes the focus of the coaches. Only if your rookie has earned respect and trust from the players and coaches do you throw them in there. No sooner than that. So, we have to assume that the rookies aren't winning any of those battles in practice.

Archived