THE BROWNS BOARD

2010 Mocks

shepwrite

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"With Sam Bradford injured and Jevan Snead playing horribly, Jimmy Clausen has emerged as a No. 1 overall option in the 2010 NFL Draft. His play this year has been off the charts. How do you complete 65.8 percent of your passes and throw only one pick while maintaining a 9.6 YPA? That's unreal.

And besides, Charlie Weis and Eric Mangini worked together, and Weis recruited Clausen. He'll obviously attempt to talk Mangini into drafting his guy with the top selection."

:rolleyes:

According to that mack there are literally a ton of great defensive linemen this year and some of them might be outside linebacker types. It would be nice for one of the QBs to show he is the guy so we can draft BPA

If we dropped down I wouldn't mind Jermaine Gresham TE either.

Pool was great on Sunday, but he's got to play well consistently to earn a starting job in 2010.

Brent "SOBO" Sobleski just put out his mock draft. Here are the Browns' picks:

Round 1: Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma

Analysis: The Browns have finished 27th or worse in total defense every year since 2006. They have been the worst team statistically on this side of the ball all throughout last season and into this season. This unit desperately needs playmakers on that side of the ball, and McCoy is an elite disruptive force. He is arguably the best overall player in this entire draft class.

Round 2: Colt McCoy, QB, Texas

Round 3: Mike Johnson, OG, Alabama

Round 4: Willie Young, DE-OLB, NC State

McCoy's clearly athletic enough to play end in a 3-4, but I'm concerned that his skills would be wasted in a two gap defense. In a 4-3, he's Warren Sapp's younger brother.

I think Sobo's got Colt's stock appraised pretty well. But I'm not sure I'd want him at #34. Might consider trading up for Pike instead.

I'd much rather have Jon Asamoah (OG, Illinois) than Mike Johnson in the 3rd round. For some reason, Sobo doesn't even have Asamoah going in the top 100 picks. No way a solid OG with size (6'5", 315 lbs.), good athleticism, and great character (has the highest grades on the team) makes it out of the third frame. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in Round 2.

Young's one of Tony Pauline's Draft Risers, but I'm not sure he's a good fit for playing 3-4 OLB - he's leggy and a little stiff in the hips, kind of like Shawn Crable. Need to see more of him, but I'm a skeptic right now.

If we select Jimmy Claussen I will hang myself and post the video on youtube.

I agree Clausen has never shown the NFL skills of a Pike or even Bradford. And the thought of taking the next Hype Machine QB out of Notre Dame seems outrageous after the last guy showed he flat out didn't have the skills once he left the comforts of South Bend.

But now it is time for shep and BQ Nation to redirect the attention paid to this season and focus on ridding themselves of BQ Enemy #1, the man who killed their BQ dreams, Derek Anderson. Hence I expect shep to pound on shit like this for a while.

I will say this once (maybe more if needed)

Colt Mccoy IS Charlie Frye

Their Playing Styles Are Identical

Mccoy has a worse arm than Frye but is a bit quicker

He has the same ballsiness that Frye has, but a more accurate arm, but less arm strength. Cant take that guy. He'll run out of the pocket every other play in the NFL

@Alo

If you think Colt McCoy will be around in the 2nd round you are delusional.

Sobo's got him as an early 2nd round pick; Scott Wright has him going to the Vikings at #29; Walter has him going to the Broncos at #19 but says he shouldn't be a 1st round pick.

If I'm delusional, it must be contagious, 'cuz a lot of people seem to have caught it.

I'm trying to keep an open mind on McCoy. But like a lot of people, I have concerns about his arm strength and size (he fumbled five times last year). His decision-making has also been suspect this year, resulting in five picks through four games, including two in his only non-cupcake matchup.

Ultimately, McCoy's stock will rise or fall based on how he looks at the Senior Bowl. And it'll be a very exciting week, given the deep crop of borderline starting QB's: Pike, McCoy, Tebow, even Jarrett Brown and Dan Lefevour.

Colt mccoy..How did he drop to the 2nd round?

I don't think his stock has actually shifted all that much.

Think of it this way: had McCoy declared for the '09 draft, how high would he have been picked? He wouldn't have gone before Stafford and Sanchez. Tampa likely still would have taken Freeman, so Minnesota could have been his only hope of getting picked in the 1st round. Absent an excellent pro day, he likely would have been a 2nd round pick.

People were projecting him to be early 1st round pick in next year's draft because the class was said to be short on elite QB's, not because - like Sam Bradford - he could have been a top ten pick in '09. But since then, Locker, Clausen, and Pike have played very well, while McCoy hasn't done much.

His stock very well could surge, but I could just as easily see him being the 4th or 5th QB taken next April.

I will say this once (maybe more if needed)

Colt Mccoy IS Charlie Frye

Their Playing Styles Are Identical

Mccoy has a worse arm than Frye but is a bit quicker

He has the same ballsiness that Frye has, but a more accurate arm, but less arm strength. Cant take that guy. He'll run out of the pocket every other play in the NFL

No offense dude, but you are also the guy that thinks BQ is an amazing QB. Oh, and Colt McCoy plays for Texas. Charlie Frye played for the Akron f'cking Zips. I think there is a little difference in the average level of play between those two programs.

From the draft gurus....I'm kinda wondering how many badass, top-5 type safeties have busted lately. I'm pretty set on Berry or Mays, and really don't want to end up with another weak armed, overhyped quarterback or the next Gerard Warren, Courtney Brown, etc.

If we have to draft a quarterback I am going to want Locker. He is raw, but I've liked him since I first saw him his freshman year. With him improving week by week this year, I am getting to the point where I will have to go see a doctor -- it has lasted longer than four hours. The guy has a cannon, runs a 4.5 and has been making good decisions.

My 2010 wants if we need a Qb:

rd 1: QB

rd 2: RT/Pass rusher

rd 3: Pass Rusher/ Right Tackle

Archived