THE BROWNS BOARD

2010 Mocks

shepwrite

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would Clausen come out in 2010? If he keeps his current numbers next year (with just about all of the offense coming back) he WILL go as the highest QB in the 2011 draft. I liked our offense when the year started, but losing Floyd was HUGE... the guy is a STUD and could be an NFL WR THIS YEAR if he came out as a soph (I think he will leave after next year).

Of course, if they lose two more games Charlie might not be back... which throws a wrench in things. A lot of Alum want him out after this year. I really like the offense, it's got the potential to be top 1 or 2 in the nation next year; if the damn D can rise to mediocrity we could make some real noise.

As far as Clausen vs. Quinn, Jimmy has the bigger arm and is the more accurate passer (especially throwing down field). Clausen's mechanics are not textbook, but his release is high and quick, which a lot of NFL scouts like. In my mind there's no question as to who will be the better NFL QB. I don't think the Browns will be bad enough to be in a position to get Clausen in 2011... he'll be exiled to Oakland after the Raiders go 1-15 next year.

Archived