THE BROWNS BOARD

Hey MoMass!!!

Legacy Fan

Dude... who gives a shit if he gave us a couple of "breakout" games this year.

He's gone next year EITHER WAY, hes a CANCER, and he already gave up trying this year....

Go root for the jets dumbass.

Whoa, that is the most I have ever seen you type in one single post. Good job buddy keep it up. Your growing.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still feel that Derek Anderson & Massaquoi lit things up last week because DA established some chemistry with him while running the scout teams, and #2's.

If so, you have to like that trait of DA in finding a connection with certain receivers. He seemed to love Joe J running consistient patterns and Robiskie and Massaquoi may provide that again ... add in Stukey and we may see DA's completiton percentages go up ... although there will be certain growing pains learning each other against real defenses.

I hope you're right.

I think he happened to love that Joe J, K2 & BE caught every flippin thing he threw at them in 2007.

But I hope you're right.

In closing because this can go on and on is, I'd rather see this team compete with some semblance of building something and to watch progress than watch what I watched from the first three games. This move IMO has us taking a huge step back from that, I really hope Im wrong but there's not a lot to be positive about right now. Secondly I feel like no matter if BE left at seasons end or not we didn't get VALUE for him. The standard was set with Roy Williams and we got nothing close to that. For K2 we got value(IE Shockey trade), for BE we got fleeced pure and simple and to make matters worse we're going to lose even more this year now that he's gone. I don't see what there is to be optimistic about fellas, maybe after the Bills game there will be..

Yeah, any given sunday! eventually he would of thrown Be's way and Be would have a big game, my guess was this weekend! And check Vegas odds bud we were a six point favorite now we're not!

We were never 6 point favorites. The opening line was Buffalo -6 and that is where it still is today.

Nice try though...

In closing because this can go on and on is, I'd rather see this team compete with some semblance of building something and to watch progress than watch what I watched from the first three games. This move IMO has us taking a huge step back from that, I really hope Im wrong but there's not a lot to be positive about right now. Secondly I feel like no matter if BE left at seasons end or not we didn't get VALUE for him. The standard was set with Roy Williams and we got nothing close to that. For K2 we got value(IE Shockey trade), for BE we got fleeced pure and simple and to make matters worse we're going to lose even more this year now that he's gone. I don't see what there is to be optimistic about fellas, maybe after the Bills game there will be..

How can it be a step back when BE meant no step foward? Simply deal man. Deal that BE was a subpar pick. Deal that BE may be facing some nasty suspensions in the future. He is the posterboy for everything wrong in professional sports.

You are wrong, so dont worry.

Ithika said: "The standard was set with Roy Williams and we got nothing close to that."

What about the Hershel Walker trade? Were standards set there too for a RB?

Face it man, both the Roy Williams and Hershel Walker trades with both terribly one sided and if either of those teams that gave up all those picks for those players could get their picks don't you think they would?

I think you've made your point you don't like this trade but I don't think anybody on this board agrees with you so give it up.

Well, everyone shit on me when I said we got fleeced for BE and that he would have a huge game Mon night! I also went on to say he puts up probowl numbers this season and not one person on here agreed! Well everythings unfolding just like I knew it would and once again we get xxxxed by Mangina and the Jets. The standard was set when Roy Williams was traded for a 1st and 3rd, we got a a shitty WR and a special teamer along with undisclosed picks which will equate to probable a 4th round pick.

BE should of been benched, don't trade him for NOTHING! We continue to get xxxxED and everyone takes it with hands wrapped around ankles here! Open your eyes this regime is a joke! We should of went with the home town boy Mcdaniels who has taken a mediocre team and done wonders by going undefeated, instead we've got a coach thats exstatic with the TURD of a game we played Sunday!

BE should of been benched, don't trade him for NOTHING! We continue to get xxxxED and everyone takes it with hands wrapped around ankles here! Open your eyes this regime is a joke! We should of went with the home town boy Mcdaniels who has taken a mediocre team and done wonders by going undefeated, instead we've got a coach thats exstatic with the TURD of a game we played Sunday!

This is absurd. Bench him and we get nothing. Edwards ALWAYs played well on Monday Night. He'd be an absolute stud if he could find that kind of motivation consistently. He was giving a half-assed effort here. As he did with Romeo last year.

The terms of the deal are a 3rd and a 5th plus the players. The third becomes a second if Edwards lights it up. Edwards was gone at the end of this season, anyway. Or maybe you could franchise him and pay him the average of the top 5 WR salaries in the league. He's not worth that.

Henne (who was the winning QB last night) was a second round pick. Wallace (who has been the subject of some discussion here and who has Edwards talent) was selected in the third round.

I think that's pretty good value for a 12-week loaner.

McDaniels has done a fantastic job. But they beat us last year with like their 8th RB and they got the best shut down corner in the NFl back from injury. If you would have listened to the national media at the beginning of the year, he was the biggest idiot in the world for jettisoning Cuter and thinking he could win with Orton. Hmmmm . . . . were they right?

3-4 weeks of letting things play out instead of making knee-jerk reactions will provide the necessary perspective.

The Jets will have to offer Edwards a big contract and hope that he has instantly matured and stays motivated. He was already mailing it in here.

Guest Masters
The Jets will have to offer Edwards a big contract and hope that he has instantly matured and stays motivated. He was already mailing it in here.

Or they can tender him and if nobody makes an offer they can pay him less than top 5 WR money. I forget the numbers, but they talked about it during the game and it was basically getting BE for cheap over the next two years if desired.

The trade of BE was needed, as he obviously was mailing it in here as you said.

Im still not seeing someone show a link from the Cleveland FO Mankok and company that says we get a 2nd and 5th, If BE plays well or a 3rd and 5th if he doesn't? My point is this, no matter what you don't give away a number 1 WR for next to nothing even if his contract expires this year. The standard was set with Williams, did they give too much probable, but you've got to recoup something close to that, no matter the circumstances! If they didn't like BE's actions after the loss to Cincy they should of benched him for 1 game! By trading him away for a special teams player and useless WR we got nothing and until I see the Browns FO report its a 2nd and 5th thats what Im gonna believe, not some guy who works for ESPN that thinks thats what we got! This isnt a knee jerk reaction its about getting value, right now as I see it we didn't!

And to make matters worse, losing BE will impact us in the win and loss column wether any of you believe that or not, which entail means we could give the Stoolers a better game with BE in the lineup and possibly win a game against them this year after not wining one for the last 5 years. thats huge for me and is worth keeping BE on this team rather than trading him for garbage.

Its gonna be quite tragic for all of you when you find out we garner no higher than a 4th rounder for BE and as Al Davis traded Moss for a 4th rounder we will be the laughing stock of the NFL but even more so because we also traded the Jets their franchise QB!

This front office and coach is a joke and if you cant see that after how happy they were about that pathetic win than somethings wrong. Id never jump ship no matter if this team goes 0-16 for the rest of my life, but I don't have to be happy about this crap!

So you're telling me he doesn't at least have the season he had last year or a bit better? How in the hell does that not help this team? Mke Furrey is our all time leading WR! Its not like we have Boldin and Fitzgerald or even still have Winslow! The Moss pick was said by the Raider front office to be a 4th rounder not a disclosed pick, would you like me to dig an article up?

Do you like losing to the Stoolers? Is it ironic the first game BE is gone the Browns have one of if not their worst offensive passing game in the history of this team? Come on!

I'm telling you in cleveland. He has last years season or worse. In NY he might be like 2007.

Will it be a direct quote? or a reporter saying according to a source in the raiders? and it's the "undisclosed picks" was only the original story till the reporter got all the information. Because he wanted to be "the first".

It's too bad betting on the internet is silly. Because this is one bet I am sure I would win. The BROWNS WILL GET AT LEAST a 3rd and a 5th in next years draft. Period. let that part go and just argue that a 3rd and a 5th isn't enough.....

sheesh

Ok, 2007 BE for a 3rd and 5th and two worthless players no its not!

Here is what we REALLY got for BE.

Chansi Stuckey - He is a legit slot receiver...with the speed and power to be a legit #2 if he becomes more consistent. Showed a lot of talent early last year before the Favre meltdown. Keep in mind, Furrey is a one year contract so the slot is wide open going into next year.

Jason Trusnik - A ST baller for now...but has good size (6,4" 250) with speed, and played a combo of OLB/DE in college. The guy can fill in as an OLB or play a 4th down player in a 4/3 set. In fact, he was a sack leader in college...so watch, he may be a gem in the rough.

We also got a 5th and 3rd...with conditional 2nd if BE performs.

That is not chump change. I will take a legit starter plus a ST ace, plus 2 draft picks that we can use to fill a couple more holes on a team that is in the process of rebuilding. BE was not going to make a difference this year or next (maybe 1 or 2 wins IF he caught the ball) so why not get SEVERAL holes filled.

Guest Masters
Here is what we REALLY got for BE.

Chansi Stuckey - He is a legit slot receiver...with the speed and power to be a legit #2 if he becomes more consistent. Showed a lot of talent early last year before the Favre meltdown. Keep in mind, Furrey is a one year contract so the slot is wide open going into next year.

Jason Trusnik - A ST baller for now...but has good size (6,4" 250) with speed, and played a combo of OLB/DE in college. The guy can fill in as an OLB or play a 4th down player in a 4/3 set. In fact, he was a sack leader in college...so watch, he may be a gem in the rough.

We also got a 5th and 3rd...with conditional 2nd if BE performs.

That is not chump change. I will take a legit starter plus a ST ace, plus 2 draft picks that we can use to fill a couple more holes on a team that is in the process of rebuilding. BE was not going to make a difference this year or next (maybe 1 or 2 wins IF he caught the ball) so why not get SEVERAL holes filled.

While I agree w/ most of what you said, unless we are counting the ST guy, I am not sold CLE got a legit starter. If Stuckey was a fully legit starter, I don't think the Jets trade him or go looking for BE.

While I agree w/ most of what you said, unless we are counting the ST guy, I am not sold CLE got a legit starter. If Stuckey was a fully legit starter, I don't think the Jets trade him or go looking for BE.

The Jets needed a #1....they already had Cotchery for a legit #2 guy.

Stuckey is a legit #3, possibly #2...in other words...Stuckey is Cotchery at best...maybe just a slot guy. So, they needed BE....and we WILL need Stuckey either as slot or #2.

Guest Masters

Stuckey is a legit #3, possibly #2...in other words...Stuckey is Cotchery at best...maybe just a slot guy. So, they needed BE....and we WILL need Stuckey either as slot or #2.

You are kind of going where I was meaning. I don't personally count a slot guy as a starter, unless your basic offensive package is 3 wide. I think Stuckey is a slot guy at best. So in that manner, I don't think CLE got back a legit starter. They got a very servicable WR imo. But all in all, the trade isn't a bad one. Especially if CLE ends up w/ a second round pick. In the end, it's all better than nothing. It was a long term move.

We dont need future WRs we've got two of them in the making. What we need is a stud TE. If Keller was involved in this trade straight up for BE Id be jumping for joy right now, now thats a fair trade. We still cant say we're getting a 2nd/3rd and 5th its pure speculation at this point. Value is what my whole point is, not because Im some freak BE fan having knee jerk reactions. In fact Winslow was my favorite Brown I was very upset and didnt think we should of given up on him BUT we got value for him!

Guest Masters
We dont need future WRs we've got two of them in the making. What we need is a stud TE. If Keller was involved in this trade straight up for BE Id be jumping for joy right now, now thats a fair trade. We still cant say we're getting a 2nd/3rd and 5th its pure speculation at this point. Value is what my whole point is, not because Im some freak BE fan having knee jerk reactions. In fact Winslow was my favorite Brown I was very upset and didnt think we should of given up on him BUT we got value for him!

How are 2 players who can play for you today and tomorrow, and 2 draft picks (even if it only ends up a 3rd and 5th) not getting value? Randy Moss was traded for less.

CLE was not going to get a 1st round pick or a star player in any deal for BE. His value around the league just isn't that high, and nor should it be based on his production and off the field antics.

Guest Masters
If Braylon plays really well (which I think he will do in NY) then we get a 2nd rounder. We can easily get a bonafide starter in the 2nd round. We could even get a superstar. That's why I thought it was f*cking ridiculous people were already evaluating trade less than a week since it was executed.

It all depends on how far Stucky comes along as a receiver and who we pick up with those two picks. If Stucky becomes a really solid receiver for us and we get 2 really solid starters from those draft picks then we've come out ahead in that trade. Getting something now when you were guaranteed to get nothing at the end of the year to watch him walk is always a win.

In fairness, CLE would not have gotten nothing when BE walked. They could have gotten picks if they resonably tendered him. Even if they didn't, I am pretty sure next year CLE would compensatory pick based on the number of FA that are likely gone, compared to FA they'll probably bring in.

No matter what, the trading of BE means he wasn't currently in the Browns plans for 2010, so yeah, why not get potentially something for him.

Just because he wasn't in our plans doesn't mean you give him away. Roy Williams was traded for a 1st and 3rd a bit high as most would agree. 2 years ago Chambers was traded for a 2nd and 5th. What's gonna happen when all of you find out we get crappy picks and two mediocre players in this trade? When in the offseason we could have tagged him and traded him for a better deal as well as keeping him and winning more games including the Stoolers who we had a good shot at possibly beating for the first time in 5 years. Mangini was pissed about BE's antics and he made a knee jerk reaction, thats all there is to it. This shows me this guy has no idea what he's doing and Kokinis is just his puppet.

You may ask why I dont think we got a 2nd/3rd and 5th? Because this came out of nowhere after BE blew up during the Cincy game and reportedly was talking sh!t about the QB's and coaches at the club the night he punched steve urkel. Mangini had enough and said Im trading this guy no matter what i get. Mangina is an idiot!

Guest Masters
Just because he wasn't in our plans doesn't mean you give him away. Roy Williams was traded for a 1st and 3rd a bit high as most would agree. 2 years ago Chambers was traded for a 2nd and 5th. What's gonna happen when all of you find out we get crappy picks and two mediocre players in this trade? When in the offseason we could have tagged him and traded him for a better deal as well as keeping him and winning more games including the Stoolers who we had a good shot at possibly beating for the first time in 5 years. Mangini was pissed about BE's antics and he made a knee jerk reaction, thats all there is to it. This shows me this guy has no idea what he's doing and Kokinis is just his puppet.

You may ask why I dont think we got a 2nd/3rd and 5th? Because this came out of nowhere after BE blew up during the Cincy game and reportedly was talking sh!t about the QB's and coaches at the club the night he punched steve urkel. Mangini had enough and said Im trading this guy no matter what i get. Mangina is an idiot!

Dallas got swindelled and that is showing on the field.

You just brough up Chamber. CLE just got almost the same thing for BE (and maybe equal depending on how BE does in NY) as was received when Chambers was traded, plus two players.

You all keep saying that a 2nd/3rd and 5th is what we got but until its official than we got swindled. Whatever picks we did get one way or another they are going to be high in their respective rounds considering the Jets being a pretty good team. However, that doesn't bother me as much as the way this scenario played out it was a knee jerk reaction by mangina and screams of us getting fleeced because CZAR GINA was upset! If we did get such a great deal why hasn't it been publicized officially? Its because what we got was DOG SH1T! I still don't see us getting a 2nd or 3rd no matter what the talking heads say. If Stuckey and Trusnik are so good I think all of you playing fantasy football that have BE should trade him for both those players lol.

Archived