The Gipper

Order of completion %: BS, BQ, BK

Order of TD%: BK, BQ, BS

Order of Int.%: BK, BQ, BS

Order of yds/att: BK, tie BQ and BS

Order of Rating: BK, BQ, BS

Order of Sack %: BQ, BK, BS

Also, yards per game: BQ 137.6, BK 131.0, BS 60.3

Now Add DA's first season of starts and do the order... that'd be an even way to measure things.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"All I want to know is if Quinn can be the next Brett Favre"

The answer is no.

Correct, Lums. I agree. And your buddy has about an equal chance of being the next John Elway.

Right now, the odds say DA has a far more likelihood of following the Jeff George (without the attitude) path to oblivion, as ever amounting to a hill of beans.

perhaps giving this guys a proper more time to prove their worth

Just exactly how much time should they be given? I'm pretty much in favor of smacking them in the head with a big board to see if it will do any good.

I think Anderson has been given more than enough rope and hasn't show ME anything. I'm dying to know what the coaches see that encourages them to keep him in. I miss seeing those nice little across the middle passes that Quinn is good at. Honestly I'm not that enamoured with either of these QBs. I just hate sitting on pins and needles waiting for the inevitable INT at a key moment.

Sorry Gipper...I am sure those are are all great players...we could list hundreds with similar numbers who totally sucked.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, but in the end there are more losers who dick around with a poor player than those who let a good player go.

Just go with the odds, you will come out ahead...

My point on all the player stats I listed are that they are all young, unproven players who by no means should be given up on....including Quinn, and MoMass, and Robo etc. etc.

So since Ryan Leaf was given 20 starts, the Browns should give Brady Quinn 20 starts to see if he's the next Ryan Leaf. Just great.

By the way, if you hadn't noticed, Mangini actually coached Farve. He might have a clue on if Quinn is the next Farve.

Well, we should give him at least 20 starts to see if he is maybe not Favre, but perhaps the next Brian Sipe. Quinn certainly has a stronger arm on him than Sipe did.

Now Add DA's first season of starts and do the order... that'd be an even way to measure things.

I suspect that DAs first season stats would far surpass those of Quinn, Kosar,and Sipe. Here they are, lets see:

DA was 66/117 56.4% completion rate for 793 yards. 5 TDs for a 4.3% TD rate.

8 Ints. for a 6.8 % int. rate. 6.8 Yds/att. 158 yds per game avg.

8 sacks for a 6.4% sack rate

I suspect that DAs first season stats would far surpass those of Quinn, Kosar,and Sipe. Here they are, lets see:

DA was 66/117 56.4% completion rate for 793 yards. 5 TDs for a 4.3% TD rate.

8 Ints. for a 6.8 % int. rate. 6.8 Yds/att. 158 yds per game avg.

8 sacks for a 6.4% sack rate

And here is the new ranking:

Best completion %: Sipe, DA, BQ, BK

Mosts yds/att.: DA, BK, tie BS and BQ

Best TD%: DA, BK, BQ, BS

Lowest Int. %: BK, BQ, DA, BS

Lowest sack %: BQ, DA, BK, BS

Rating: BK, BQ, DA, BS

to go with a fraction of the decision making capability...

Perhaps you are too young to recall, but Brian Sipe spent was drafted by the Browns in 1972 and spent his first 2 years on the Taxi Squad. He didn't even see action in an NFL game until 1974, then he spent 2 more seasons as the backup to Mike Phipps before finally being given/earning the starting job. So, apparently the Browns coaches at the time didn't think much of his decision making capability for quite some time.

All Sipe needed was experience. Perhaps all Quinn needs is experience.

yeah, but sipe didn't whine and cry on the sideline because he didn't get his way. he didn't isolate himself from the team, he didn't get a bad attitude because he wasn't spoon fed something he didn't deserve.

sorry, im done with this. you can't even defend your position, so its not really worth arguing. there is no logical way you can bash the past FO for horrible draft after horrible draft, then contend that one of those picks (who happens to be a local favorite, so no bias there) is gonna be a star. so given that your argument is based on emotion rather than real observations and logic, there will be no changing your mind.

but you could just deal with it, rather than make continued attempts to convince the wrong people that youre right.

yeah, but sipe didn't whine and cry on the sideline because he didn't get his way. he didn't isolate himself from the team, he didn't get a bad attitude because he wasn't spoon fed something he didn't deserve.

sorry, im done with this. you can't even defend your position, so its not really worth arguing. there is no logical way you can bash the past FO for horrible draft after horrible draft, then contend that one of those picks (who happens to be a local favorite, so no bias there) is gonna be a star. so given that your argument is based on emotion rather than real observations and logic, there will be no changing your mind.

but you could just deal with it, rather than make continued attempts to convince the wrong people that youre right.

I am under no obligation to defend a position to you for anything. I believe it is YOUR observations that are based on emotion because of some perception you have about BQ...a perception that apparently 6 games has satisfied you. I am simply ASKING that I be given a better opportunity to "observe and use logic on". My point about Quinn is that I dont have a mind on him yet to change. There is simply insufficient data on him, as there is on all those other guys I listed in the first post on this thread.

What I am right about is that I don't know enough about Quinn to get the kind of exercise you are getting by jumping to conclusions about him

Archived