THE BROWNS BOARD

If Quinn beats Pittsburgh....................

medicineman

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Even if brady smokes the steelers yes I still consider this season a total waste of everyones time from a point of what garbage i have had to watch all season and my total dissatisfaction with the current regime ,the only redeeming factor being we may have a qb for next year but he may choose to trade out or be traded with manmaggot still around..

HEEEEELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOO!

Any logical fan knew this year was a bust before it started. When you're tearing down a bad team to rebuild it, you can't expect anything coming into it. You can hope for 5 wins but you can't expect anything. So, if we can beat Pittsburgh it would make this a very successful rebuilding year. Especially if it knocks them out of the playoffs!!!

HEEEEELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOO!

Any logical fan knew this year was a bust before it started. When you're tearing down a bad team to rebuild it, you can't expect anything coming into it. You can hope for 5 wins but you can't expect anything. So, if we can beat Pittsburgh it would make this a very successful rebuilding year. Especially if it knocks them out of the playoffs!!!

Agreed. My high hopes for this season were unreasonable just like everyone else's. If we beat Pittsburgh on Thursday, which I doubt happens, I could live with what happened this season. It will salvage what has otherwise been a dreadful season. Unfortunately, the Steelers have dropped 4 straight and just lost the the Raiders. I'd bet they are going to be fired up for this game and they knock us right in the teeth. Not to mention, they could practically have a homefield advantage Thursday night....it will be sad, but all good things take time. Be patient with the regime and be patient with Quinn. You will see that this team has potential...it just hasn't shown through this season (or the last 9 seasons). Draft for defense because a good defense always makes an inept offense look average (see Baltiwhore's super bowl team). Go Brownies

Agreed. My high hopes for this season were unreasonable just like everyone else's. If we beat Pittsburgh on Thursday, which I doubt happens, I could live with what happened this season. It will salvage what has otherwise been a dreadful season. Unfortunately, the Steelers have dropped 4 straight and just lost the the Raiders. I'd bet they are going to be fired up for this game and they knock us right in the teeth. Not to mention, they could practically have a homefield advantage Thursday night....it will be sad, but all good things take time. Be patient with the regime and be patient with Quinn. You will see that this team has potential...it just hasn't shown through this season (or the last 9 seasons). Draft for defense because a good defense always makes an inept offense look average (see Baltiwhore's super bowl team). Go Brownies

Troy is out, Hines is out, and the weather is looking to be pretty bad. Its a toss-up given those two factors. Now, since Mangini seems to be stroking the teams ego at the right time, and it will be all about who wants it more on Thursday. I say we have a leg-up. We now have the "us against the world" mentality and the way they fought on Sunday, I'd say this team wants it more. And it seems like the gleam from the Cowher years is starting to wear off of that team.

I'm not one of the tools who picked us to beat Baltimore or San Diego so its not like me to say this but......I think we got this one.

If Brady can pull off a win against Pissburgh would you still consider this season a total loss?

If Quinn can beat the Steelers on Thursday, I'll get off his back. Mangini will also be redeemed and we can start talking about this team growing in a positive direction with things to build on.

Thursday is a Bowl game .... let's freaking hammer'em!

One thing we all seem to forget very easily is Romeo was never able to beat the Stoolers and Davis and Palmer did it what once? We've beat the Steelers only a few times since 99! This would be huge If we could win this one! And I too would get off Mangini and Quinn's back for awhile!

If Quinn can beat the Steelers on Thursday, I'll get off his back. Mangini will also be redeemed and we can start talking about this team growing in a positive direction with things to build on.

Agreed, it is the last game I care about this season. The Steelers have enough injuries to make the game competitive. That being said, we are going to have to play our best game of the season if we want to win. After dropping 4 straight, the steelers have pride and playoff hopes on the line with this game. They are going to be playing pissed off. We need turnovers and special teams to win, oh and a secondary that won't get burned every play. I swear it was like Philip Rivers was just closing his eyes and throwing deep knowing we'd get burned every time. I expect Ben to do the same. Hell, put Cribbs in the secondary, he can run, catch, and make hits.

I hope Quinn beats Pittsburgh. This f@#$%&g losing streak needs to end. I'm f@#$%&g sick of it! This could be an only hightlight for a horrible season.

Attendance for the Chargers game didn't look good... It was the worst crowd I've seen at the new stadium. Even worse for this week, rumor has it that bandwagon Steeler fans will be invading Cleveland.

There's no way Browns fans should give way to Steeler fans making more moise in their own stadium!

I want to see the stadium full, the Browns fans rabid, the Browns win, and Steeler fans wish they hadn't came to the game!

Go Browns, damn it!

I doubt he wants any fairweather fans on his bandwagon.

Besides, our IR is far larger than Pitt.'s is, if you keep your fingers crossed it probaley won't come down to you paying any sort of homage to a Browns QB other than your boy DA.

But it sure would make for good reading how you liked Quinn all along.

As unreasonable as it was, I had high hopes for this team this year. But, those hopes were quickly put to rest. The only sustained hopes were that we would find our QB, show improvement on D, and beat Pukesburgh. Our D, while still needing improved personel, has improved in style and variety. The other two things can be accomplished on Thursday. If Brady can win on Thursday night, then I think we'll all be happy to give him another season. Hopefully more. This game is winnable. No Troy or Ward. Ben has been banged up. They are on a 4 game losing streak and are just as desperate as we are. And they are playing with the pressure of losing all hope of a chance at the playoffs. The Browns can play lose and care-free. I will be watching for sure. How sweet would it be to crush the Squealers' playoff hopes?

Besides, our IR is far larger than Pitt.'s is, if you keep your fingers crossed it probaley won't come down to you paying any sort of homage to a Browns QB other than your boy DA.

That's rich. When Quinn spent 3 preseasons and 8 quarters throwing into the dirt, taking sacks, averaging 2.4 yds a pass, falling to the ground when defenders looked at him too hard, and was throwing backwards, you're telling us that saying he was bad was off-base? And to acknowledge that he has looked better but not good enough to erase all of those bad performances; is all of the sudden bandwagon? This isn't a Quinn vs. Anderson fanbase. Its one group LOOOVING hyped prospects and one group actually watching the games. We can all admit he has looked better. he was saying is that with a win over Pittsburgh not only will Quinn finally win a game, but it would mean he has played well in 3 of the last 4 games and that merits a little bit of praise and some hope for next year.

First of all, I cheered the re-entering the first round to draft Brady Quinn. Secondly, he hasn't done enough as a Cleveland Brown that anyone should have been all girly enough to cry over, such as yourself has. And if you think anyone should be all girly about him for an almost win in Detroit and an opening drive and garbage stats against the Chargers ... you are high as a kite.

Thirdly, way to line up that excuse (IR list longer than theirs) just in case he shits the bed.

And Lastly, I'm guilty of supporting our starting QB's ... your guilty of having a QB fettish for one golden boy. I haven't liked him all along because he hadn't done squat, just as I didn't care much for DA until he damn near set franchise records here.

P.S.: your camel toe is showing, unbunch those panties.

First of all, I cheered the re-entering the first round to draft Brady Quinn. Secondly, he hasn't done enough as a Cleveland Brown that anyone should have been all girly enough to cry over, such as yourself has. And if you think anyone should be all girly about him for an almost win in Detroit and an opening drive and garbage stats against the Chargers ... you are high as a kite.

Thirdly, way to line up that excuse (IR list longer than theirs) just in case he shits the bed.

And Lastly, I'm guilty of supporting our starting QB's ... your guilty of having a QB fettish for one golden boy. I haven't liked him all along because he hadn't done squat, just as I didn't care much for DA until he damn near set franchise records here.

P.S.: your camel toe is showing, unbunch those panties.

Well your pompous, medicated posts indicate that you've been slightly more than 'on his back'.

Any win against pittsburg is a good win, but we are dinged a bit more than than them, and slightly less talented.

It has been your weekly mantra to highlight any bright area of play with an excuse.

Playing time is the only thing i think Quinn deserves, and if Mangini's not a liar and the $$$ had nothing to do with his benching, then Mangini should be accredited some kudos. If Quinn pans out. So like a scorned lover you'll have no allegance to a qb until he what, wins you a superbowl? You don't just draft a Peyton in the prime of his career.

As for the cameltoe, now's theres a fetish.

Whoa .. whoa there my little stalking friend. Let's win a game first ... baby steps, baby steps....

LOL. Sure, he's 0-7 Skippy, but he has a QB rating 72 and he tries real, real hard.

He's been in the league for three years and what does he have to show for it? How bout 1-9 and a 70.5 rating.

I guess that is what disturbs me most, it's been three years and we can't decide if he's going to "pan out" or if he is a poor man's Bruce Gradkowski.

With Steelers playing rookie corners on a short week on our turf ... this would be a great chance for Quinn to put the team on his shoulders and prove he can be a winner, and not just a cute guy that knows how to complete passes.

Zombo

The Steelers aren't making the playoffs and they know it.

anyone else remember the first game we played against them?

it wasn't too bad.

this is winable.

First downs 28 to 12

Total yards 543 to 197

Time of Possession 23:14 to 36:46

Ben 417 yrds passing

Cribbs all Cleveland had that Day.

Not what I would call

anyone else remember the first game we played against them?

it wasn't too bad.

Now with that said... Our Defense has Exited the Country So the Door is open for Quinn to Step up and Be a Man... Steeler still a Better team, but Not on the Level of past matchups. I see a Shootout .

LOL. Sure, he's 0-7 Skippy, but he has a QB rating 72 and he tries real, real hard.

He's been in the league for three years and what does he have to show for it? How bout 1-9 and a 70.5 rating.

I guess that is what disturbs me most, it's been three years and we can't decide if he's going to "pan out" or if he is a poor man's Bruce Gradkowski.

With Steelers playing rookie corners on a short week on our turf ... this would be a great chance for Quinn to put the team on his shoulders and prove he can be a winner, and not just a cute guy that knows how to complete passes.

Zombo

Part of Quinns statistical woes are on Dropped balls and a lack of support , at least I think. This is exactly as you say this would be a great chance for Quinn to put the team on his shoulders and prove he can be a winner, and not just a cute guy that knows how to complete passes.(And Grab teenager crotches)

Zombo

C'mon Zippy, what did we talk about? Play nice, and only post feel-good comments about Quinn or we lose more members here.

He was just kidding Hammer ... Brady Quinn is the best, please stay!

(homo's)

C'mon Zippy, what did we talk about? Play nice, and only post feel-good comments about Quinn or we lose more members here.

He was just kidding Hammer ... Brady Quinn is the best, please stay!

(homo's)

Whatever guys.

This is your handcrafted playground and you can shape any argument, discussion or post however you like.

Theres a big difference between talking football, arguing and just being an ass because you can.

please stay? sure, i'm mildly amused at all the self-inflicted drama an internet forum can provide for a few.

And if your sig line in your post refers to you and zombo well i guess thats your choice also.

Guarantee,absolutely guarantee we win

How else could we possibly fuch up a chance to draft a once in a generation talent

like Ndnvcdgfgnvcxxyzkong Suh ?

Sorry folks, call it blasphemy...but I want the # 1 pick in this years draft

more than I want an excuse riddled ,who gives a shit victory, over a crappy Steelers team

Guarantee,absolutely guarantee we win

How else could we possibly fuch up a chance to draft a once in a generation talent

like Ndnvcdgfgnvcxxyzkong Suh ?

Sorry folks, call it blasphemy...but I want the # 1 pick in this years draft

more than I want an excuse riddled ,who gives a shit victory, over a crappy Steelers team

ITS THE GOD DAMN STEELERS! I was 15 the last time we beat them it would do wonders for the team and fan base's morale to beat them again.

Whatever guys.

This is your handcrafted playground and you can shape any argument, discussion or post however you like.

Theres a big difference between talking football, arguing and just being an ass because you can.

please stay? sure, i'm mildly amused at all the self-inflicted drama an internet forum can provide for a few.

And if your sig line in your post refers to you and zombo well i guess thats your choice also.

Actually, this was a discussion about what everyone thinks if Quinn beats Pittsburgh ... I stated that I'd get off his back if he'd win, because that is my opinion. YOU made statements about me being a Quinn bandwagoner and predictions of me stating I'd like Quinn all along. You even made reference to "My Boy DA" ....

Dude, you shaped the freaking thread to be about me. That's the drama ... you can say whatever you want about any shit that flew afterwards, but you started the drama. YOU were the asshole and we were just asshole enough to play your game.

ITS THE GOD DAMN STEELERS! I was 15 the last time we beat them it would do wonders for the team and fan base's morale to beat them again.

And absolutely zero for the future of this team

I really believe that this kid is the first true no doubt #1 to come out in a loooooooong time

Having the rights to pick him gives us a much brighter future than beating up a going nowhere Steelers team

that comes chock full of built in excuses (we didn't have Troy...we didn't have Hines... it was cold...it was dark...

the refs made the right calls)

Believe me, any other time I'd take us beat'n the Steelers

but I have this reoccurring nightmare, of all of us watching the next Reggie White making plays in a Buccaneers uni for the next 15 years

while we wait for the Steelers to return down to our level.

Now far be it for me to root for Pissburgh...but a good old AFC slugfest (with a concussion or two thrown in for good viewing)

lost in the final seconds,wouldn't break my heart

Believe me, any other time I'd take us beat'n the Steelers

but I have this reoccurring nightmare, of all of us watching the next Reggie White making plays in a Buccaneers uni for the next 15 years

while we wait for the Steelers to return down to our level.

Actually that is very funny when you consider that Tampa Bay had the first pick in the supplemental draft that same year (1984') that Reggie White was selected fourth by Philly and Tampa Bay selected Steve Young instead who was traded two years later to San Fran and made some history and legend of his own.

Archived