THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn not looking good so far

DieHardBrownsFan

quinn is not good. he was not good in college and is a joke in the nfl so far.

Look im not gonna lie I used to troll forums pretty badly back in my day, and there is an art to it. This guy is just god awful he makes other trolls look bad.

Guest Metcalf_FTW
Quinn can play, but...........

when you're having your QB pass when and only when it's 3rd and long then that QB is going to have a rough day, no matter who he is.

The problem with this offense is Dumball (and/or Mangini,) not Quinn.

That sounds familiar, maybe with Derek Anderson not getting more than 15 pass attempts in a game - with nine of the attempts dropped. Run, Run, Pass every time D.A. was in the game with Daboll calling the plays.

Guest Metcalf_FTW

Buffalo, I'm exaggerating, it may have been around 20 passes, but I know there were AT LEAST nine dropped, may have been closer to 11 or 12, and D.A is a rhythm guy that needs reps, but not when you only throw on third down. I am not hating on Quinn, I just think a lot of people complain about why Quinn isn't playing good on reasons that aren't his fault, when the same thing happens for D.A. and people call for his first born to be executed. Whatever QB is at the helm I hope wins for Cleveland, but I think there is a reason most NFL players like Steve Young believe Anderson has much more upside than Quinn.

o dont worry his boosters will be saying he won the game with that rush of his.... nevermind the 10-17 for 66 yards and 2 ints..... Another game we won in SPITE of a piss poor performance by Quinn AGAIN..... seems like these sub 100 yard passing game are common for a guy with a noodle arm....

hey may not of had a good game today....but i thought the anouncers made a good point when they said he makes great line calls and determining where the run will go... oh and he did have a nice boot there at the end of the game....great call by daboll..wow did i just say that LOL i hope i can say it more down the road. GO BROWNS!!!! two in a row a step in the right direction

First pick was all quin but when they showed the down fireld view of the 2nd pick it was all Massoquoi's fault. He was wide open and he saw the ball then somehow lost it, then turned to his left away from the ball, then overran it, then was out of position to break up the play let alone catch the ball. Seriously momass pisses me off

o dont worry his boosters will be saying he won the game with that rush of his.... nevermind the 10-17 for 66 yards and 2 ints..... Another game we won in SPITE of a piss poor performance by Quinn AGAIN..... seems like these sub 100 yard passing game are common for a guy with a noodle arm....

Quinn played terrible and im a big quinn fan but Anderson is a scrub so the three ints in one half against Balt. was awsome right??? or the great game against Buffalo...he won that game for us right... just be happy with the win we got today, and be happy for jerome harrison

Listen anytime a Brown can be 3rd all time best single game rushing I am happy, it really does not matter why or how to me, chances are similar situations were involved in other single game rushing records.

Quinn has been showing a TREND..... of sub 100 yard passing games..... that is a BIG problem for a NFL qb when the league rules are slanted in favor of a passing game...... DA trends to be a risk taker and sometimes STUPID but that really is irrelevant.

Quinn is the focus of this problem, IF this is and it certainly seems like it (kC is another terrible defensive team) that Quinn is NOT NFL material its just clarifies what we need to do in either Free agency, Trades or the Draft......

BQ made some bad throws but theres more to it than meets the eye...run run pass but they pass only when necessary ,this coach nor his OC have any confidence in their qbs..and have been bad at developing them both ,one pick and we go run ,run ,run ,run ,run...we ran so much harrison broke a club record and while it worked and shows what we already know about harrisoon it did nothing to either give quinn a chance to make his pickoff up nor did it prove he isnt a capable nfl qb so he could be benched..

The kid handles the game well in general but doesnt seem to be getting any more accurate and isnt being given the plays to be able to get in a rythm and get hot..it will be interesting to see what the walrus thinks about the qb and coaching mess in cleveland...;)

he has had his 8+ games he is what he is.... which is pretty much what scouting saw... athletic, smart,hard working, POOR accuracy and arm strength...... Is it Daboll? probably half but if you were and offensive coordinator and saw his accuracy.... well you would call rushing plays also....

he has had his 8+ games he is what he is.... which is pretty much what scouting saw... athletic, smart,hard working, POOR accuracy and arm strength...... Is it Daboll? probably half but if you were and offensive coordinator and saw his accuracy.... well you would call rushing plays also....

+1

Way over throwing the ball. Has good protection for the most part. Not making a case for himself next year.

Good point Diehard! And do you know who gets ripped for it? The new OC. On that first INT - our WR was wide open coming from right to left and there was an enormous cushion given by the guy who made the INT.

Maybe, just maybe, that's why the guy is reluctant to open up the playbook more for Quinn. At Detroit, the OC opened the playbook when Quinn proved to him that type of game plan wasn't too overwhelming vrs Detroit's defensive talent in the dry indoor climate with no wind or slippery footballs.

I was REALLY hoping we'd see a better passing day from Quinn today. That said, I LIKED it when he ran the ball a couple of times today. That bootleg run was a beaut.

- Tom F.

Buffalo, I'm exaggerating, it may have been around 20 passes, but I know there were AT LEAST nine dropped, may have been closer to 11 or 12, and D.A is a rhythm guy that needs reps, but not when you only throw on third down. I am not hating on Quinn, I just think a lot of people complain about why Quinn isn't playing good on reasons that aren't his fault, when the same thing happens for D.A. and people call for his first born to be executed. Whatever QB is at the helm I hope wins for Cleveland, but I think there is a reason most NFL players like Steve Young believe Anderson has much more upside than Quinn.

kudos

Archived