THE BROWNS BOARD

Rex hired Mangini fired

sexy rexxy

what an eye opener. He did what Mangini couldn't do.

About the only thing he did Mangini didn't do was coach the Jets in '09. Mangini '08, 9 wins. Ryan '09, opponents gave him an 8th win and a lucky entry into the playoffs. All the players on O 'cept the QB and a fast receiver with bad hands were Mangini's, much/most of the D was Mangini's. Favre doesn't tear a bicep tendon in '08 and it's a completely different story.

Wow. Another bitter NY Jet fan coming over to express Mangini hate.

I give the Jets an asterisk for even being in the playoffs. The irony is that now they play Indy, the team that helped them get in the playoffs to begin with.

They did play a great game vs. SD, I'll give you that. Let's see what happens if you guys fall behind by 10-14 points Sunday...can you come back from a defecit like that with that pedestrian offense? Is Braylon going to help Sanchez out?

I hate what the Colts did in ruining a perfect season, but thanks for helping me out on this game. I am sooooo sick of NY & Boston sports fan arrogance....Indy 35 Jets 9

Mangini was fired before he could do it sexxy rex just rode mangini's chariot into the playoffs similar to how tomlin has been riding cowhers chariot into the playoffs..next year everyone is going to see why holmgren retained the genie..;)

Rex Ryan did this with a rookie QB who only passed for 100 yds yesterday. Mangini had Favre who BTW is playing in the NFC Champ game this weekend.

Ryan did a whole lot more with a whole lot less.

There is now way Mangini would have taken the Jets this far. No freakin' way

Rex Ryan did this with a rookie QB who only passed for 100 yds yesterday. Mangini had Favre who BTW is playing in the NFC Champ game this weekend.

Please Enlighten all of us...What exactly did Rex bring in that made such a huge difference? That O-line is Mangini's...That defense...Mangini's players. Rex and company drafted a QB and a RB. Wow...Rex is so wonderful that Indy just gave him a playoff berth! Wake up! Rex Ryan did the same thing this year that Timlin did last year (except Rex won't win the Super Bowl). He took what Mangini left him and rode it straight to the playoffs. You can't really look at HC's first season with a team and judge his success/failure. It's not until 2-3 years in that they can start being graded. How can you praise or penalize a HC for what the previous HC left him? Let's see what happens with the Browns and the Jets next season...then compare notes on Mangini and Rex!

i'm a browns fan that lives in ny, so i gotta deal with these freakin' morons all the time. most of the time they're in the bathroom puking, not knowing which way the game will go. don't flippin' football fans realize that sometimes it takes two three years for a coach's plan to come to fruition? mangini drafted mangold, center. now we've got mack. strong up the middle. first year plan. now build from the middle out. the only reason the jets got sanchez this year was it was a gift from the browns and mangini. they should shut the fuk up while they're ahead. go ahead jinx yourself. dumb ass.

you're a moron, Mangini had the cap situation so good that Rex Ryan was able to bring some players from Baltimore with him to the Jets(Bart Scott), I would agree that Rex Ryan is a good coach and is great at keeping a good environment, but Mangini is the smarter coach, it's just that Rex Ryan has a much better personality for players to appreciate.

The best parts of the Jets team are the things that Mangini built, and the worst parts of the Jets team are the things that he traded to them (Sanchez, Braylon).

Favre played through an injury last year which isn't Mangini's fault.

edit:

BTW I picked the Vikings and Jets to win yesterday.

Rex Ryan built the #1 defense in the NFL this year. Rex Ryan drafted Sanchez and Green -both rookies who have performed well.

If you are happy with Mangini good for you. He won't win. The Jets players and fans hated him.

really now?

let's see:

Revis- drafted by Mangini

that entire offensive line: drafted and or signed by Mangini

Have fun with the Jets while you still can, they'll collapse just like the Steelers will, this is Mangini's team and Rex is riding it, expect the same to happen to the Jets that is happening to the Steelers(Cowher's team, guided by Tomlin) right now.

Yeah he did what Mangini couldn't. He went 9-7 wow what was Manginis record with the Jets last year. Oh yeah thats right 9-7 he just didn't get as lucky as Rex did and back into the playoffs. I believe the Jets were 9-3 until Favre hid an injury that he had to have surgery on to play like he is now. Good for you though have fun with crazy Rex Ryan I'll stick with chubby Mangini.

So what is your interest??

some people win some people lose. Rex is one win away from the super bowl. Mangini won 5 games.

Yeah, Mangini won 5 games with a roster that should have been lucky to win 1 game.

The Jets are only in the playoffs because there last two wins during the regular season were basically handed to them. So don't talk like Rex Ryan was the magic piece, oh and apart from this years additions who helped build your current team? Oh yea, that's right, Mangini.

Shouldn't you be talking with other Jet fans about this week instead of trolling Browns fans?

I'll give Ryan some of the credit. After all, he DID take them to the championship game. However, Ryan has most of Mangini's players. I think you should give Mangini a little bit of credit, cause after all, he built that team.

In Rex Ryan's case, the cupboard wasn't bare. He had some players to work with, such as Darrelle Revis, Kerry Rhodes, Jerricho Cotchery whereas Mangini had absolutely nothing to work with. Put yourself in Mangini's shoes, after getting the job to be the Brown's head coach last year. It was a mess. The players were malcontent, there was no discpline, the roster was sucked dry by the previous regime, Crennel and Savage. It was awful. It was a massive rebuilding project. That's why Mangini knew it was a huge, huge challenge rebuilding this team. Fast forward a year later, the foundation is rock solid, and the team has depth, has 11 draft picks for the 2010 draft. Oh sure, Sexy Rex Ryan is getting your team to the championship, but for long term success, it might be a rocky road for him years down the road.

Okay sexyrexy..lets `face some fact..shall we.

FACT: Rex retained 80% of Mangini's coaches who were under contract

FACT: Rex kept 90% of Mangini's roster. including 9 starters on defense

FACT: Rex and Eric had the same record DUH..9-7 and Rex was gifted a game at Indy..so 8-8 really for Rex.

FACT: Rex kept the same base 3-4 that Mangini instituted..Thats a Mangini built defense out there..make no mistake

FACT: Rex doesn't see the play offs if Browns don't beat the Steelers

FACT. Don't come with rookie QB crap..Favre 22 int's in 08 and Sanchez 20 in 09.

FACT: Mangold, Debrick,Revis,Keller, Washington, Pace, Woody, Faneca. ALL guys Mangini brought in.

FACT: Rex inherited a 9 and 7 team and turned them in to a ..well..9 and 7 team.

OWNED..little man now shoo back to Jetnation or wherever

oh boy. a 6th grader responds.

i never have heard the REAL reason EM was fired from the j-e-t-s (didn't you all have spelling in school?)....tell me, professor, what the real deal is....why was EM flung to the north coast?????

I think Mangini deserves about 80% of the credit for the Jets this year. It has been said above, but you Jets fans will see what you really have next year after the mangini's handprint isn't still all over the jets.

So I guess the Jets are who all you Jersey and New York guys are rooting for this season? Do they make team jerseys that unbutton in the front so you can show off your Jets gold necklaces? Where can I get a jets track suit and pinky ring combo?

you should be happy to have mangini. He was fired and Rex came in to take them deep into the post-season.

Mangini is good ok- he won 5 games I believe you!

Are the Jets morons for firing Mangini or geniuses for hiring Rex Ryan?

Braylon Edwards is happy and playing in the AFC Champ Game - but you hate him because he succedded.

Everyone concurs that Rex Ryan runs circles around Mangini. even Billichick must be laughing at his old buddy Eric the great!

Okay sexyrexy..lets `face some fact..shall we.

FACT: Rex kept the same base 3-4 that Mangini instituted..Thats a Mangini built defense out there..make no mistake

- i think you have to give rex the majority of the credit for the defense's success in ny.

FACT: Mangold, Debrick,Revis,Keller, Washington, Pace, Woody, Faneca. ALL guys Mangini brought in.

- i think mangini is given too much credit for bringing in players (fas and draft). most of the credit should go to tanenbaum, unless theirs something that i haven't read in regards to mangini being the coach/gm in ny (which i doubt). from all that i read, he didn't have alot of power in ny like he did his first season in cleveland. heck, the owner pretty much handed favre the keys to the offense and made mangini conform to favre's pass first offense (which is what killed the jets playoff chances that season).

i agree with all of your other points.

you should be happy to have mangini. He was fired and Rex came in to take them deep into the post-season.

Mangini is good ok- he won 5 games I believe you!

Are the Jets morons for firing Mangini or geniuses for hiring Rex Ryan?

Braylon Edwards is happy and playing in the AFC Champ Game - but you hate him because he succedded.

Everyone concurs that Rex Ryan runs circles around Mangini. even Billichick must be laughing at his old buddy Eric the great!

HAHAHA "Are the Jets morons for firing Mangini or geniuses for hiring Rex Ryan?" YES it was TOTALLY them, who signed the contract, and it was THEIR money too wasn't it? You're an idiot, the fans had nothing to do with the decision.

now I know this guy is a troll because I have a couple of jet fan friends and they all hate Braylon, hope you enjoy getting your ass whooped by the Colts this weekend.

You mean go 9-7 in his first season instead of 10-6?

Believe it or not, Mangini didn't need anyone to take a knee to get to 9-7 in 08 while Roxy Music needed it 2 weeks in a row. Last I checked 9-7 = 9-7. That said, I hope the Jets WIN because I like seeing all the Mangini recruits like Revis, Harris, Rhodes, Mangold, Ferguson and others put it together.

You got any more issues we can clarify for you?

- Tom F.

Essentially sexy rexxy is right, Ryan did do something Mangini didn't. Mangini won 9 regular season games and didn't make the playoffs. Ryan made the playoffs with only 7 wins and a gift.

Doesn't make him a better coach.

Mangini won 9 or more regular season games with the Jets twice, Ryan's yet to do it once.

Archived