THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn not NFL caliber

Lumbergh

"I know all of Cleveland has great hopes for Quinn, but the general feeling in the NFL is that he’s too inaccurate and too inconsistent to be a full time starter. Quinn slipped in the draft two years ago for a reason, and that reason was his inability to be accurate on all three levels. As Cleveland makes changes to its roster, don’t count out making a move at quarterback."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...he-cutler-saga/

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"I know all of Cleveland has great hopes for Quinn, but the general feeling in the NFL is that he’s too inaccurate and too inconsistent to be a full time starter. Quinn slipped in the draft two years ago for a reason, and that reason was his inability to be accurate on all three levels. As Cleveland makes changes to its roster, don’t count out making a move at quarterback."

Well then, it must be true.

Now you can smile all day today Lumberg. You can find whatever you want on the web.

Nothing new here. Lombardi has never liked Quinn. Opinions are opinions...someone is always right and someone is always wrong in the NFL. Given that Cutler headlines the media right now expect to hear things like this as CLE is one of the only teams that would have an NFL caliber stater to "trade" in this Cutler mess. That brings our QBs into many discussions so the media has something outside of march Madness to discuss.

Is that a headline from the ManWagoner's Gazette?? Maybe the ManWagoner's Pro Football report. Both fine football publications.

Yay, let's everybody discredit the source. Yeah the guy is only a former front office member of the Browns......

Maybe one of the OBR subscriber folks will swoop in with a scoop from one of the BQ lovers on their staff (Johnny Cakes or Lainey) to provide us with real integrity in football knowledge.

Guest ATENEARS

You Go lumbergh, Keep that Brady Nation honest ... don't let'em get all sticky-gay and high.

I'm a Lumbergh fan.

woops oh wait I read that wrong then...

We give up the 5th???

then no way

I thought we'd be getting cutler and a 5th

What are you guys smoking?

A very good PROVEN QB in Cutler (albeit a drama queen) for an UNPROVEN QB in Quinn.

OF-EFFING-COURSE we'd be giving up another pick as well!

Hell, if it weren't for the fact that he's such a drama queen I'd be willing to give quinn AND A 3rd for him.

I don't want him at all though, too many headaches.

I have seen enough of Quinn (whole career) to say HE is the guy we want to go with.

In his first pro game game with 1/2 a week to prepare for Denver we put up we put up 30 points and scored on 6 of 10 possessions.. After the initial posession and a 3 and out, we scored on the next 5 straight posessions.. FIVE STRAIGHT.... . In Buffalo the following week In his second game vs Buffalo we put up 30 points and scored on 7 of 12 possessions.. That is scores on 13/22 posessions. 65%. The Browns can win a TON of games scoring on 65% .

The Houston game was bad for Quinn.. I admit bad bad bad..But but I saw enough.. Quinn with little time with the starters in practice, a wounded, sucky receiving corps last year, ..I saw a guy who was poised, made quick decisions, has nice touch on the ball, moves well in and out of the pocket, and got the ball out of his hand quickly.. He is very smart and has the work ethic...

DA has greater value to "the team" going bye bye for draft picks.. Keep quinn we can win with him.. and I believe his upside is much higher than DA's.. To me it's a no brainer.

I think DA CAN be a good qb so this is not just a Da Slam post.... ..but needs much more work IMO.. he does not have great touch, takes dumb risks, does not move well in the pocket, and does not get the ball out of his hand fast enough.

Arm strengh is a non factor to winning games and both guys have more than enough arm strength..

Ball security, moving the chains, scoring.. will result in wins... I think Quinn has more to offer in that regard than DA right now. I really don't see getting rid of DA as a quinn vs da thing though as I have said in other posts.. he has greater value to the team being traded for draft picks.. same thing as winslow.. he was one of our best players..but "TO THE TEAM' he had greater value going bye bye.. so DA.. Bye bye.. You will got your 5 mil yesterday...... Welcome to Tampa.. ( or somewhere else, but not here..)

Guest ATENEARS
We know Skippy, he gets people posting....

As it (the topic) should. Quinn hasn't beaten anyone out yet. I'm just glad Lum has the energy to stand in here and take BS from the Nation.

You Go lumbergh, Keep that Brady Nation honest ... don't let'em get all sticky-gay and high.

I'm a Lumbergh fan.

Lol go lums go!

Both our QBs have a serious targeted accuracy problem its called queer eye for only one guy butterfingers edwards hit him in the breadbasket and watch your qb rating and stocks drop!

Im gonna keep tellin folks this until they understand Jay Cutler is not as good as either of our qbs but he has some decent targets that our qbs dont have the luxury of and and up until shannihan was fired he had a real coach and those are the real differences..

Brady Quinn will start in 09. Brady Quinn will start in 2010.

That's sounding less likely by the day.

Who knew that the best way to make Quinn a starter in Cleveland would have been to keep RAC as HC?

Randy "Al Davis" Lerner is probably kicking himself right now hearing report after report about Mangini's low opinion of the Golden Boy.

for crying out loud-

maybe Bernie could sober up for one last season, problem solved :rolleyes:

I bet he's still more mobile than Mr. Size 16's.....

The NFL is like an other market. you have to consider also what demand there is on either end.

On the Browns end. We could VERY EASILY go into this season with Quinn and Anderson on the roster, it would not affect our salary cap too negatviely, and our coaching staff could then determine who best to contiue with. Niether Anderson or Quinn have yet to say word one about wanting to be traded or that they can't compete harmoniously on the team.

In Denver. Cutler has DEMANDED a trade and won't even sit in the same room with the HC and didn't return the owners calls.

Who do you think would have the stonger position at that negotiating table???

True, but there are many other teams that need Cutler's services more. We probably just have more to offer.

What... an unnamed non-quote from a mystery source that has never, ever been included in any article.. ever... isn't good enough for you?

What do you honestly believe that means for your boy DA??

I think that Anderson and his agent are probably actively looking for trading partners.

But I think that if Quinn were traded then Anderson would be willing to stay, as Quinn has been the root of many team problems and the sole reason for the lack of fan support in games which Anderson is the starter.

Just think how the team would have done if BQ Nation wasn't chanting BRAY-DEE all game long?

The fact that Quinn wants to be in Cleveland and Anderson doesn't, and that Mangini still appears to want to ship Quinn and give Anderson a look, is ironic. And I must admit, the outpouring of Quinn love shown by the ripping of Jay Cutler exposes the homosexual nature of the love affair with Quinn to a new level. It is amusing.

Do you hate ND or something? Did they beat your favorite team when you were growing up?

Love ND. FYI, they've been providing multiple easy bowl wins for my alma-mater recently. I have to thank them, especially Brady Quinn and his 2004 team, for taking yet another ass pounding on national TV.

So Anderson would be willing to stay to back up Culter???

Or anderson would be willing to stay and listen to the fans chant for Stafford or Sanchez? or heck even Freeman?

Again, I haven't seen one real source backing you up saying Mangini wants to give Anderson any more chance than he wants to give Quinn. Only your or other peoples interpretations of the rumors.

My interpretation of the rumors are that Mangini feels absolutely zero loyalty to ANY PLAYER currently on this roster. And that Mangini is not overly impressed with EITHER Quinn or Anderson enough to make any scenario impossible. I believe it's possible Quinn cold be the starter this year, I believe it's possible DA could be the starter this year, and I believe it's possible NEITHER could be the starter this year.

What do I think is LIKELY? I think it's likely that Quinn will begin the year as the starter, DA will still be on the roster as the back up, and that Mangini will also draft a QB in the low rounds.

But that's just my opinion.

Mangini is not stupid enough to alienate 90% of the Browns fan-base by shipping out BQ before he's had his season of starts.

That's sounding less likely by the day.

Who knew that the best way to make Quinn a starter in Cleveland would have been to keep RAC as HC?

Randy "Al Davis" Lerner is probably kicking himself right now hearing report after report about Mangini's low opinion of the Golden Boy.

I'm sorry, I missed that article from Mangini, can you give me a link? Or, is that a Lombardi thing also?

does anyone else think that lumbergh is really brady quinn in disguise just posting things to mess with people? it's the truth and while i'm at it i also think that it was lumbergh who killed kennedy and has the weapons of mass destruction. you're welcome world for cracking the most important mystery in the world... and those things about kennedy and wmd's

Weren't there rumors last year about Minnesota offering Rd. 1 and other compensation for Quinn? I thought I read somewhere else that other teams were offering compensation for Quinn. Thanks to sweet Phil we have to go through this shit for another offseason. I'd really like to see what Quinn has to offer. I saw good things from him in his 3 starts last season. But to say that Quinn isn't an NFL caliber Qb is assanine and I'm wondering how he lasted this long on a roster if he wasnt.

Weren't there rumors last year about Minnesota offering Rd. 1 and other compensation for Quinn? I thought I read somewhere else that other teams were offering compensation for Quinn. Thanks to sweet Phil we have to go through this shit for another offseason. I'd really like to see what Quinn has to offer. I saw good things from him in his 3 starts last season. But to say that Quinn isn't an NFL caliber Qb is assanine and I'm wondering how he lasted this long on a roster if he wasnt.

with RAC and savage in charge, he would have been on the team forever. they never would have gotten rid of him

Archived