THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn not NFL caliber

Lumbergh

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NERD ALERT! you claim to not waste your company's time by not spending all day on websites. yet you are here to post ever 10 minutes. good argument though.

i'm off today. ;)

the star wars analogy was for our movie lovers.

i've never posted a mock draft. B)

Mangini is not stupid enough to alienate 90% of the Browns fan-base by shipping out BQ before he's had his season of starts.

Do you really think it would alienate 90% of the fans? Quinn hasn't done anything for this franchise yet although he could potentially be good, yet he could potentially be very average. I don't think it is impossible that the Browns draft another QB this year. Would it alienate Browns fans who are also big Notre Dame fans? Probably Just like it would alienate Browns fans who are fans of DAs from college

Guest TheJokersWILD
**off-topic apologies to thread originator**

TheJokersWILD, please refrain from 3/4 screen pics that add to the length of threads unnecessarily.

I am not the one polluting the board with all this DA/Quinn talk. This FAR FAR outweighs the space my sig takes up. By the way I resize my sig are you happy?

Guest TheJokersWILD
**off-topic apologies to thread originator**

actually no it wouldn't. my entire string of replies can fit on my monitor, unlike a certain life sized McDonalds pic.

but that's not what this is about anyway is it, Legacy fan?

What's the matter? Me saying I trade DA for a cheeseburger hurt your feelings? Fine I won't post such big pics anymore. Actually I wouldn't trade DA for a cheeseburger, now I'm in the mood for some chicken nuggets. :lol::lol: Or is it the fact that Ronald McDonald and DA resemble eachother because they wear the same size shoe?

I just love how hostile everyone gets, it makes my days worthwhile

Anyway, I stand by the fact that this is all, yes Lumster, a smokescreen. Its the only explanation. Mangini has kept the browns ppl QUIET, and I mean QUIET. They almost have me going with this whole trade BQ thing. Good thing we know it wont happen because Lerner sees Quinn as a team Rep. and the fact that he is HELPING Daboll create the playbook.

I just love how hostile everyone gets, it makes my days worthwhile

Anyway, I stand by the fact that this is all, yes Lumster, a smokescreen. Its the only explanation. Mangini has kept the browns ppl QUIET, and I mean QUIET. They almost have me going with this whole trade BQ thing. Good thing we know it wont happen because Lerner sees Quinn as a team Rep. and the fact that he is HELPING Daboll create the playbook.

Them's some strong words PGL.

Better post a link to Quinn helping create the playbook or Lum will call ya out :P

Guest TheJokersWILD
heck i'm not even worked up--this is just me being normal. see what i mean, variety. and i never thought anyone was making fun, just being overly critical over the fact i posted off-peak.

to address the non-issue: i would never include all that in one post. ever. was it all by the same person? was it all relevant?

no. just from your viewpoint it's all the same>>it's from sisky fringo. therefore it would do better being tidied up all nice in one neat little post you can simply skip over. those posts don't belong in the same post.

as rude as it might seem, to combine them all would be arrogant. every post deserves it's own attention and reply.

if you don't like it you're always free to ignore. want to talk about me pm me or start your own thread.

i'm now completely guilty of the very thing i criticized--if it wasn't jacked before it is now.

sooo......can we talk football now?

Brady Quinn might be a hell of a college player but i'm not so sure he's NFL caliber. i haven't seen enough.

given enough time any number of QB's could make it at the next level, but reality is they rarely have that luxury. so the question for me is: is Brady ready now? cuz if he's not he won't get the start.

That is why he needs the same amount of time DA had to prove his worth. I have been saying this the whole time <_< Some of the DA fans seem to think Brady isn't ready after only 3 games. They must be some good talent evaluators. Maybe they can get a job with the Browns as scouts. Me I just use good ole fashioned playing time to tell if someone can't make it instead of sitting here saying " well I just don't think this guy will make it"

Guest TheJokersWILD
JokersWILD is John McClain is DAcaddyman is ...

apparently he likes movies and is 15 years old.

Zombo

What kinda shit ARE you smoking? Why so angry?

What kinda shit ARE you smoking? Why so angry?

I'm smoking crack ... and I'm frightened by clowns.

And I wanted to contribute to the off-season angst.

But Amber has changed everything for me. No more anger.

Peace, brother.

Zombo

That is why he needs the same amount of time DA had to prove his worth. I have been saying this the whole time <_< Some of the DA fans seem to think Brady isn't ready after only 3 games. They must be some good talent evaluators. Maybe they can get a job with the Browns as scouts. Me I just use good ole fashioned playing time to tell if someone can't make it instead of sitting here saying " well I just don't think this guy will make it"

i feel the same way TJW, and while many are basing everything off college or weis film i'm watching the games i made last year. and quinn looked like shit.

this isn't about DA but if you want to take it there i'll tell you--he's certainly further along than Brady is. if Quinn had as many starts as DA he very well might be further along than Derek is now but that's not helping us today. to me that argument is a waste of time. i just want results.

as per my first post in this thread, i'd trade DA for Cutler in a heartbeat too. i love the irony of an Elway clone taking us past the AFC championship.

Guest TheJokersWILD

"Quinn not NFL caliber" And Derrick Brooks and Zack Thomas were too small, Drew Brees is too short, Emmitt Smith wasn't the fastest guy in the world. Ok this is THE last time I comment on this topic but for someone to say that a player isn't NFL caliber just by looking at him is wrong. Don't be too quick to judge people.

Oh... diddnt it take Eli some time to come around? Why cant we give Quinn that patience and opportunity?

Bringing up Manning is making a case to keep DA. 2008 is the first year Manning outperformed DA's first year and a half as a starter.

Bringing up Manning is making a case to keep DA. 2008 is the first year Manning outperformed DA's first year and a half as a starter.

I knew someone was gonna bring this up, although I thought itd be lums...

Key difference between Manning/Brady, and your buddy Derek. They were both first round talent and Derek... not so much. Oh, and dont bring up some bullshit about Tom Brady, because if you really want to got there.... first of all, you honestly are just trying to play devils advocate because nobody in there right mind would compare DA to TB, and secondly... Quinn has more ties to Tom Brady than DA does anyway which would make that argument null and void. There's no reason not to start Quinn.

Key difference between Manning/Brady, and your buddy Derek. They were both first round talent and Derek... not so much.... There's no reason not to start Quinn.

Exactly. First round picks get longer to develope as there's a reason QB's fall to day 2 of the draft. For example, interceptions. When a 6th round QB gets 20+ starts and demonstrates the same amounts of interceptions he had in high school and college, there's less hope he will grow out of it. But, when a first round QB had a great pedigree (Manning) or had great numbers in college (Quinn), then they are given longer to see if they can reproduce their form in the NFL.

And Tom Brady stepped in and did well. He had less of a leash than DA and no where near the leash of a first round Manning.

Guest Masters

Eli and Tom Brady sat and still learned (Eli for a half a year and Tom for almost two). DA sat for almost 2 years and learned nothing. Started 20+ games and still learned nothing (i.e. showed no growth). When you are 4 years into your NFL career and you play the same as you did when you were in college and HS, you are who you are.

From the looks of it, half this board would love to see Quinn and DA mud wrestle each other butt naked.

Here's a thought. Wouldn't Mangini, who is physically very close to Quinn and DA, have a better grasp than you guys on who is a better fit for this offense?

Stats are very useful and can tell a lot, but they don't give you the whole story. This QB situation is incredibly important for the future of the Browns offense, and no doubt Mangini has been watching both Quinn and DA carefully, both present day and of video reels of the last few seasons. I honestly would bet that Mangini has asked for RAC's opinions about the two early on (though I'm sure they made efforts to not alert the media for obvious reasons... ) Not only that, but little things like, for instance.... getting to actually TALK to Quinn and DA would surely give Mangini a better picture of how the two can perform.

Lets just have a little faith that the men closest to Quinn and DA have a more complete perspective on their QB potential than we do.

That being said, Quinn's my choice. :lol:

The bottom line is that no one can honestly say that Brady isn't NFL caliber, because he has only played in 3 NFL games and he was only healthy in 1 of those games. In that game, he put up the best debut performance by any Browns QB ever! Regardless of the opposition. He deserves at least a fair tryout. DA got 20+ games as a starter (after B-more saw him for what he was) and has clearly shown that he is not the answer for the Browns.

Regardless, none of us has any control over who the Browns ' QB will be. Hopefully, Mangini will figure it out before camp, because I don't think this city can handle another QB competition!

Guest TheJokersWILD
What about all the guy's with their lips stitched to DA's xxxx. They all want Quinn GONE after 3 games and thier boy got a season and a half and lost his job. All I want if for Quinn to get his chance, if he fails ship him out get the next guy. Personally I would trade DA for a McDonald's cheeseburger just to get rid of Lumberg and all the loyal DA fans. I am a BROWNS FAN, I don't care what the guys name is under center as long as he can win games. CHEESEBURGER ANYONE???

Ronald%20McDonald.jpg

Damn, I'm still craving that cheeseburger >:)

Archived