THE BROWNS BOARD

Quinn not NFL caliber

Lumbergh

"I know all of Cleveland has great hopes for Quinn, but the general feeling in the NFL is that he’s too inaccurate and too inconsistent to be a full time starter. Quinn slipped in the draft two years ago for a reason, and that reason was his inability to be accurate on all three levels. As Cleveland makes changes to its roster, don’t count out making a move at quarterback."

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/2009/0...he-cutler-saga/

Translation: 31 NFL Teams are DEVASTATED the Cleveland Browns want to keep their best QB and trade DA.

Conclusion: We've got 31 "No thank you's" and 1 completely depressed Derek Anderson fan on our hands.

- Tom F.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best you can do is stick to petty insults because you get called out for being an ignorant mouthbreather.

Hopefully you're smart enough to know how dumb you are, otherwise you've got to be a miserable person.

Mikey,

Loverboy is crushed right now because he made this prediction that all these teams would be fighting over DA. And scoreboard shows that teams are more interested in career backups like Matt Cassell, Chris Simms, and Sage Rosenfels.

Right now, the current exchange value for DA is about what we got for Charlie Frye and/or Luke McCown. Not exactly a proud moment for the president of the Derek Anderson fan club.

I'm sensing a little "Love on the Rocks" as Loverboy heads through the stages of denial. The lashing out toward Quinn is more of a jealousy thing he has toward others ever since Quinn became the unanimous choice of Browns' fans. When 31 other teams told us they'd rather have Quinn too - Loverboy hired Dr Frasier Crane to teach him how to run with scissors. Stay freakin tuned!!!

- Tom F.

Mangini is not stupid enough to alienate 90% of the Browns fan-base by shipping out BQ before he's had his season of starts.

If Mangini comes out and states... "We shipped off our 2nd best QB and got a good return for him" are 90% of the Browns fan-base gonna cry bullshit? You've got people here stating the only reason BQ would be traded is because he's better.... am I the only one here who thinks this is dumb?

I'm not sure anyone here has a good idea of what Mangini has planned for the team. He may want to go a different route at QB altogether, and giving a QB who isn't what you intend to have a season of starts could be counter-productive (that goes for either of the current Browns QBs, it's not next season yet).

Sorry for posting this so late in the thread, but after reading half of the thread the 90% deal was the stupidest statement I read so far.

Guest TheJokersWILD

I would say that there is a 90% chance Quinn is going nowhere. I mean c'mon you wouldn't bring in a guy like Daboll and install an offense similar to New Englands and the one Quinn ran at Notre Dame if you weren't AT LEAST going to give Quinn a chance. You don't install an offense Quinn is familiar with if all your going to do is ship him out. And I said it before, you don't just throw out a first round draft pick after only three or so games. All the flak that ManKok has already received even before we have seen what they can do, what kinda flak you think they will catch if they ship Quinn out and he becomes a star somewhere else and the guy they bring in tanks? I am not saying Quinn being traded is impossible but I would be shocked if it did happen.

I would say that there is a 90% chance Quinn is going nowhere. I mean c'mon you wouldn't bring in a guy like Daboll and install an offense similar to New Englands and the one Quinn ran at Notre Dame if you weren't AT LEAST going to give Quinn a chance. You don't install an offense Quinn is familiar with if all your going to do is ship him out. And I said it before, you don't just throw out a first round draft pick after only three or so games.

Are you implying that the Browns are now hiring coaches to fit the playing style of a QB with 3 starts?

I would agree that Quinn might still be here in the end.

Guest TheJokersWILD
Are you implying that the Browns are now hiring coaches to fit the playing style of a QB with 3 starts?

I would agree that Quinn might still be here in the end.

Look I don't care if people think I am Quinn fan or not, I just don't think Mangini is going to get rid of a high draft choice to bring in an unknown after just 3 starts. From what I've read it looks like they plan on giving Quinn his fair shot. It would be incredably stupid of Mangini to discard Quinn after three starts. How can you give a 6th round QB a seasson and a half worth of experience and give a 22nd overall pick just three games? At a buisness standpoint that is just plain f*cking stupid. If ANYBODY ran a buisness like this they'd be out of buisness in a week!!! Like I said I don't think Quinn is going anywhere but I am not going to say 100% sure he isn't going anywhere.

Guest TheJokersWILD
Look I don't care if people think I am Quinn fan or not, I just don't think Mangini is going to get rid of a high draft choice to bring in an unknown after just 3 starts. From what I've read it looks like they plan on giving Quinn his fair shot. It would be incredably stupid of Mangini to discard Quinn after three starts. How can you give a 6th round QB a seasson and a half worth of experience and give a 22nd overall pick just three games? At a buisness standpoint that is just plain f*cking stupid. If ANYBODY ran a buisness like this they'd be out of buisness in a week!!! Like I said I don't think Quinn is going anywhere but I am not going to say 100% sure he isn't going anywhere.

And before you start implying that I am a Quinn fan (Lumberg)just know I am looking at this at a buiness angle ONLY. DA sucks period. Yes I said that just to piss you off because you seem to think I am one of your "Quinn fags" . I watched all the 2007 games and 2008 games and DA had me pulling my hair out :angry: Continuously staring down receivers and throwing costly interceptions that even I wouldn't have thrown. A year and half of that, anyone could understand why a change had to be made. The more I read this shit about DA the more I realize him going to the ProBowl was a CURSE. Now that he has that ProBowl under his belt you got guys (like you)worshipping him as a god. ProBowls can get handed out to ANYBODY from a star to a guy from the practice squad having a good year replacing an injured starter. Will they please TRADE this guy already so everybody can move on from this bullshit.

Guest TheJokersWILD
actually comparitively he types very little but says quite a bit. what fresh ideas do you bring to the board, Mikey?

Bill L's got lightwork in every direction.

Oh please............

the_dark_knight_joker.jpg

Guest TheJokersWILD
well there's no way you can be w/ that mouth full of Brady Quinn's xxxx.

What about all the guy's with their lips stitched to DA's xxxx. They all want Quinn GONE after 3 games and thier boy got a season and a half and lost his job. All I want if for Quinn to get his chance, if he fails ship him out get the next guy. Personally I would trade DA for a McDonald's cheeseburger just to get rid of Lumberg and all the loyal DA fans. I am a BROWNS FAN, I don't care what the guys name is under center as long as he can win games. CHEESEBURGER ANYONE???

Ronald%20McDonald.jpg

well this thing is good and jacked...good thing shep already made another one. :rolleyes:

can't have him posting 7 pages deep like us plebians.

That wouldn't have anything to do with your 7 posts in a row would it?

You can have more than 1 complete thought in a single post if you'd like.

(Fluges, show the man how it's done...)

I have made my concerns known about Quinn even before he was drafted. He did not win big games in college and often played poorly in big games. Twenty to Twenty five starts will not determine much unless he is a total failure. This year is going to be total rebuilding so not a lot about Quinn is going to be learned.

The best you can do is stick to petty insults because you get called out for being an ignorant mouthbreather.

Hopefully you're smart enough to know how dumb you are, otherwise you've got to be a miserable person.

holy pot....meet the frickin kettle......

and you talking about how dumb he is.......

LOL

comedy gold!

Go back and read anything he says, it's all pure drivel. You dont sound too much smarter there champ, how about goin back to school and gettin that GED so's ya momma gets proud of yinz. Ignorant mouthbreather.

Have a good one.

**off-topic apologies to thread originator**

take your own advice...this is the epitome of ignorant drivel.

i joined about the same time as Lumbergh, i've read his posts off and on for two years and three boards. i read the board for six months before i ever posted the first time. i can see the forest through the trees.

i feel it's you who needs educated mikey, not me. like on double entendres, square. this time i mean the insulting way, not the fair, honest variety.

so what kind of monkey assed shit for brains names himself "eggo" anyways?

Did yo mamma not gif you enuf "inmatturity" lessens growin up?

Listen up eggs....Go get a towel, wipe the donkey shit off your dick, call Sylvan Learning Centers and come back here when you learn to read. Until then just stick to jacking off to BQ in a notre dame poster. Inspecta here will send you a poster, he's got lots of extras.

I've noticed your posting style has changed.

Anyone have any guesses on who is now the puppeteer?

That wouldn't have anything to do with your 7 posts in a row would it?

You can have more than 1 complete thought in a single post if you'd like.

(Fluges, show the man how it's done...)

**off-topic apologies to thread originator**

actually no it wouldn't. my entire string of replies can fit on my monitor, unlike a certain life sized McDonalds pic.

but that's not what this is about anyway is it, Legacy fan?

you wanna talk about attention whores-how about this guy? who the fuk r u? i'll admit it took me a couple years to bring my old myspace avatar over here but it's still just an avatar, and Bill Moseley is the man.

screenshots of dead hollywood actors are relevant to the Browns how?

regardless of popular opinion i contribute to the board.

TheJokersWILD you are still being vetted, please refrain from 3/4 screen pics that add to the length of threads unnecessarily.

JokersWILD is John McClain is DAcaddyman is ...

apparently he likes movies and is 15 years old.

Zombo

I'll leave it at this: We can judge Brady Quinn, Maxwell Trophy winner and first round pick, after about 20-25 starts and not before. It's pretty crazy to skip that part.

page 8?!? was that just for me? of course it wasn't. lol

and on a Lumbergh thread taboot.

just some ribbing shepwrite. thanks for playing. ;)

the only thing is....when will Brady get those starts?

we've all been waiting too long. i'm ready to know.

like i said.....

yeah, i really posted back to back by design. maybe if i was as cool as you i'd have some replies sandwiched in between there.......or maybe if i posted on boards on my employers dime there would be more traffic then and therefore buffers in between...this is so stupid.

i even read the whole thread before i started posting, had people's posts tabbed up, maybe that's why they were back to back. who cares? frankly there's only about 1 page worth of reading in this whole drawn out thread anyway...probably less.

unfortunately having an actual life offline procludes me from living on here so it might be awhile before i can reply back. wait for me?

I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE'RE YELLING ABOUT!

Oh woe is me! People are making fun of me! Dude I gotta say something when somebody posts 7 times to say something in one post. Calm down take a breath you'll get through this

heck i'm not even worked up--this is just me being normal. see what i mean, variety. and i never thought anyone was making fun, just being overly critical over the fact i posted off-peak.

to address the non-issue: i would never include all that in one post. ever. was it all by the same person? was it all relevant?

no. just from your viewpoint it's all the same>>it's from sisky fringo. therefore it would do better being tidied up all nice in one neat little post you can simply skip over. those posts don't belong in the same post.

as rude as it might seem, to combine them all would be arrogant. every post deserves it's own attention and reply.

if you don't like it you're always free to ignore. want to talk about me pm me or start your own thread.

i'm now completely guilty of the very thing i criticized--if it wasn't jacked before it is now.

sooo......can we talk football now?

Brady Quinn might be a hell of a college player but i'm not so sure he's NFL caliber. i haven't seen enough.

given enough time any number of QB's could make it at the next level, but reality is they rarely have that luxury. so the question for me is: is Brady ready now? cuz if he's not he won't get the start.

Actually, I think John Beck deserved more of a shot...

i'd agree with that. but it's time most teams in the league can't afford.

are these guys getting the coaching up they need?

i just noticed Rashad Jennings shoe is untied in your sig. :)

it kinda makes you think.......i double knot my laces all the time and i never run around.

well it makes me think, anyway.

I would say that there is a 90% chance Quinn is going nowhere. I mean c'mon you wouldn't bring in a guy like Daboll and install an offense similar to New Englands and the one Quinn ran at Notre Dame if you weren't AT LEAST going to give Quinn a chance. You don't install an offense Quinn is familiar with if all your going to do is ship him out. And I said it before, you don't just throw out a first round draft pick after only three or so games. All the flak that ManKok has already received even before we have seen what they can do, what kinda flak you think they will catch if they ship Quinn out and he becomes a star somewhere else and the guy they bring in tanks? I am not saying Quinn being traded is impossible but I would be shocked if it did happen.

I'd say 99% chance he won't get traded. Not about flak, it's about a QB that fits the philosophy of the coaches that were hired here. A QB that was brought in to be the franchise QB. Win or lose, he is the face of the Browns for now.

This whole thread is rediculous.

The initial topic is rediculous.

The drivel this thread has turned into is rediculous.

The way everyone is treating one another on the board these past couple weeks is rediculous.

Grow the xxxx up people. Thanks.

Nope just that it's funny you talk about kids gloves when basically your whining (ok commenting since you claim not to be upset) because other people chose to call out thier dislike to your posting style.

aside from sisky's posting style being a little odd, his picture is the dumbest thing i have ever seen; including that mock draft that had everette brown going first overall to the lions.

Archived