THE BROWNS BOARD

after today's game, i'm pretty sure that

MudratDetector

so we started 0-3, again.

i'm not freaking out. last year, i felt nothing but despair by the end of week 3. right now, i feel that we are a team heading in the right direction. we've improved week over week and our strongest showing so far has been against a division team on the road. furthermore, we were the first team to score a TD against bmore. we did it twice, to be exact.

if we continue our current progress, we will leave CBS with a W against the bungles next sunday.

GO BROWNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tend to agree with this. We do look better than last year, we are competing even with a lot of starters out. I'm sure people will start freaking out and calling for Mangini to be fired and Colt to be thrown in there anyway. We just need to stay calm and judge this team and coach at the end of the season.

One thing is clear, we need a qb. We are going no where till we find that guy.

Looks like we at least got something out of the Quinn pick. Hillis looks like a keeper.

so we started 0-3, again.

i'm not freaking out. last year, i felt nothing but despair by the end of week 3. right now, i feel that we are a team heading in the right direction. we've improved week over week and our strongest showing so far has been against a division team on the road. furthermore, we were the first team to score a TD against bmore. we did it twice, to be exact.

if we continue our current progress, we will leave CBS with a W against the bungles next sunday.

GO BROWNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I completely agree.. We have been in all 3 games this year. and our opponents combined record is 7-2. We are headed in the right direction.. We just need to get better at the WR position and improve on our pass rush..

From what I heard on the radio we played better than we have been and against a better team. Sounds good to me. I want to know what's up with the stupid penalties and miscues. Also Wright didn't help and didn't get any help with is just dumb. At least we're not getting blown out like we did last year.

I feel the same way. And today we discovered ourselves offensively, and also discovered that Eric Wright needs to take a seat.

yeah man, don't mean this in a bad way BUT time to change that sig.

p.s.: working on a new sig myself. only one player this time. yeah it's a pic of a pit bull pissing on the face of matt roth.

It's very apparent we're not talented enough to win unless we're perfect. What I'm sad to see is the lack of discipline. The penalties killed us. The play calling is suspect (big surprise). Yeah, it's 3rd and 2 let's throw it deep. WOW.

We owned the clock, owned the ground, owned the turnover battle. Got owned on the scoreboard. No pressure on Flacco and Wright not playing the ball killed us.

What frustrates me is our inability to take advantage of opportunities,these guy's have to learn to look for game changing moments

Today it was Ward...Pic 6 in his hand ...and he drops it,

week 1 it was Wright...another pic 6 in his hands

last week...missed FG

Every week there are small windows of opportunity that appear...3-0 teams seize those opportunities

The Steelers defense expects to score points every week,when we adopt that mentality,then execute

we will begin to turn losses into wins

What frustrates me is our inability to take advantage of opportunities,these guy's have to learn to look for game changing moments

Today it was Ward...Pic 6 in his hand ...and he drops it,

week 1 it was Wright...another pic 6 in his hands

last week...missed FG

Every week there are small windows of opportunity that appear...3-0 teams seize those opportunities

The Steelers defense expects to score points every week,when we adopt that mentality,then execute

we will begin to turn losses into wins

exactly. that is what separates good teams from mediocre, mediocre to bad. good teams find a way to capitalize on every + opportunity. we're not there yet but it's right around the corner.

completely agree. although it's extremely frustrating to be where we are at right now, we have lost to good teams and overall we are just playing better. I'm really happy with what our defense has become and if we can just finally break the hump at QB and get a keeper along with a playmaker WR i seriously see this team being good in 2-3 years. I just hope that if we're in a position in this year's draft to get a top QB we don't pass on him. Overall despite the record we are playing much much better overall.

I feel the same way. And today we discovered ourselves offensively, and also discovered that Eric Wright needs to take a seat.

I'll agree- and not about taking a seat. Wright had arguably his worst game ever as a Pro- it happens- too bad it had to happen today.

And it's a team game- once again zero pass rush even Derek Anderson can look great when that happens. On the blown TD coverage, Ward was about 1\2 second too late to knock Flacco on his ass- which would have resulted in zero points.

completely agree. although it's extremely frustrating to be where we are at right now, we have lost to good teams and overall we are just playing better. I'm really happy with what our defense has become and if we can just finally break the hump at QB and get a keeper along with a playmaker WR i seriously see this team being good in 2-3 years. I just hope that if we're in a position in this year's draft to get a top QB we don't pass on him. Overall despite the record we are playing much much better overall.

I agree. I think we may have found a QB in Seneca. He was good today against a very good ravens D with our poor receivers. With more time and a true deep threat, I can see Wallace leading the browns for some time.

this team is god awful. not sure what you guys are smoking

The team is not god awful, its just not where it needs to be yet and isnt growing and jelling fast enough to compete with our brutal schedule, the same could be said of the coaching staff and their gameplan and stewardship as a whole...2nd year into a rebuild this teams base is solid, now we need some WRs and a fresh set of creative offensive coaches...

Now its a brutal schedule? I thought this was supposed to be the Browns 1st real test and they would be 2-0 before today. What was today some kind of moral victory?

Hillis played great thats true but just like those who say Wright just had a bad day he'll show us next week the same could be said for Hillis maybe just a fluke and he'll suck next week.

The defense? Baltimore's offense is terrible and still marched down the field.

Still 0-3. Thats all that really matters

Now its a brutal schedule? I thought this was supposed to be the Browns 1st real test and they would be 2-0 before today. What was today some kind of moral victory?

Hillis played great thats true but just like those who say Wright just had a bad day he'll show us next week the same could be said for Hillis maybe just a fluke and he'll suck next week.

The defense? Baltimore's offense is terrible and still marched down the field.

Still 0-3. Thats all that really matters

Baltimore's offense terrible? Really? Besides Hillis, Thomas, and Mack, which of the Browns would be starting for the Ravens offense? They thought so much of Pashos they let him walk. Cribbs might be the #3 slot receiver. Hayden, Ward and Rubin might be it on the defensive side.

Yeah, 34-3 last year, one TD loss this year. We've graduated from blowouts to heartbreaking losses. Ain't the schedule- we're just flat out not good enough YET. Bad breaks and shoot yourself in the foot the first two weeks- overmatched in week #3. Patience follks - it WILL get better. :)

Baltimore's offense terrible? Really? Besides Hillis, Thomas, and Mack, which of the Browns would be starting for the Ravens offense? They thought so much of Pashos they let him walk. Cribbs might be the #3 slot receiver. Hayden, Ward and Rubin might be it on the defensive side.

Yeah, 34-3 last year, one TD loss this year. We've graduated from blowouts to heartbreaking losses. Ain't the schedule- we're just flat out not good enough YET. Bad breaks and shoot yourself in the foot the first two weeks- overmatched in week #3. Patience follks - it WILL get better. :)

People are just crucifying Daboll on STO tonight and all this team did was get a 100-yd. rushing game from a fullback and 17 points on a team that had yet to give up a TD against the likes of NYJ and Cincy. For cripes sakes, get a grip, people. Does anybody remember last year's pair of games against this team?

Sure there were questionable calls on offense, but Daboll also made some good ones today -- like the quick out to Watson on 3rd and 3 in the first half or the stretch plays to Hillis when the Ravens crowded the middle.

Again, for the record, I hate losing as much as anyone else. But to call for the coaching staff's head after a game like this is borderline crazy. I mean what good would that do in week 3? Are you serious?

hmm. Ray Rice, Anquan Boldin, Todd Heap, Joe Flacco, D.Mason, and TJ..

Horrible?

Yep, Until today they put up just over 250 yds total offense per game Flacco did that today by himself.

But hey if you guys think this 0-3 is good. The you should be happy.

I don't blame Browns fans for looking for something positive. I'm just not going to say that losing by a little is better than losing by a lot. It's still a loss.

You get what you settle for.

I'm torn... There are improvements... Hillis was a beast.. no doubt. You can bet though that Daboll was not expecting 144 yards from Hillis today. I still think our offensive game plan is anemic. We don't stretch the field enough. As I have posted earlier... our Wideouts were non-existent and again... no WildDawg, but twice.

Archived