THE BROWNS BOARD

Colt should start the rest of the season

USFBrown

After that mishap play where Colt rolled out and made a nice completion to Robo, it's his job now. Talk about a rookie coming into his own. This kid is the real deal. He didn't panic and made a huge play.

As I'm typing, he just ran into the end zone for a TD!!! With a nice extension!

There;s NO WAY that Jake or Seneca take Colt's job!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

you guys do realize that with 3 minutes left in the 3rd qtr he has only thrown 16 passes right?

i know you guys love winning but colt really hasnt done a whole lot to merit starting over the other 2

colt is good at not losing games....but im not sure he is ready to win games yet

you guys do realize that with 3 minutes left in the 3rd qtr he has only thrown 16 passes right?

i know you guys love winning but colt really hasnt done a whole lot to merit starting over the other 2

colt is good at not losing games....but im not sure he is ready to win games yet

Well I lost my internet feed so I cannot see the game, but according to sites I can see Colt is outplaying Brady and has a higher QB rating right now. Besides, you thought the Saints would win.

Well I lost my internet feed so I cannot see the game, but according to sites I can see Colt is outplaying Brady and has a higher QB rating right now. Besides, you thought the Saints would win.

you are not watchin the game and are talking about a game 2 weeks ago and feel like you are more qualified to tell me what is goin on

he brings a winning mentality to the Browns and the players are responding to him. He has the "IT" factor that you really cant put your finger on. He doesn't get rattled and thats essential for a QB.

you are not watchin the game and are talking about a game 2 weeks ago and feel like you are more qualified to tell me what is goin on

Yes, your previous posts speak for your general ignorance of football and that you are a Saints fan, not a Browns fan. Go back to your roleplaying with swords and leave the football to people who have played the sport and understand the game.

he brings a winning mentality to the Browns and the players are responding to him. He has the "IT" factor that you really cant put your finger on. He doesn't get rattled and thats essential for a QB.

exactly. He is smart. he has turned a few disastrous situations into big plays today. and he has been great at throwing on the run..

Yes, your previous posts speak for your general ignorance of football and that you are a Saints fan, not a Browns fan. Go back to your roleplaying with swords and leave the football to people who have played the sport and understand the game.

hey moron.....you are a texas fan on a browns board.....how many browns fans do you actually think support your longhorns at all?

you are doing the exact same thing that ive done except that i actually live in ohio and pay attention to the browns

i know you love arguing so just keep it coming i guess.....god knows you cant stop now that you've started

Im with you guys. He's doing pretty much everything right today. Passing, running, getting away from coverage and then passing on the run. As well as the fact that his receivers are giving their all as well. But, not all receivers will do that if they dont believe in their quarterback. McCoy is a leader. Give him time. Dont give him the starting position just that easy. He needs to keep working. Hes good though. I like him.

So what exactly has he not done to merit being our starter?

He obviously moves the ball and the offense better than Wallace or Delhomme. He's started against tough teams and has made very few mistakes. The team rallies around him when he is in the game.

Ben Roethlisberger throws about 20 passes a game and you'd say he doesn't deserve to start too, right?

We're beating the best team in the NFL (record wise) by 20 points with a rookie QB who has made some fantastic throws and had an amazing 20 yard TD run in this game and you're actually going to say he doesn't deserve to start?

What's your argument against not starting him? Delhomme is done in the NFL. He had a good career but he obviously is not the same QB he was when he was with the Panthers and before his injury. Wallace is a career backup and he played well when he had to but McCoy looks to be the future and unless he totally fails his next couple starts then he should remain the starter.

hey moron.....you are a texas fan on a browns board.....how many browns fans do you actually think support your longhorns at all?

you are doing the exact same thing that ive done except that i actually live in ohio and pay attention to the browns

i know you love arguing so just keep it coming i guess.....god knows you cant stop now that you've started

Texas is a COLLEGE team jello-brain!!! The Browns are an NFL team.

I've never come on this board yapping about another NFL team winning and what a fan I am of that team. You live in Ohio and your favorite team is the Saints who, last time I checked, are not in Ohio. The only thing we have in common is that we are both members of this board. I am the pro-Browns, who lives in Texas fan and you are the pro-Saints, who lives in Ohio "fan". You are a Browns turncoat and should stay on your Saints message board or sit quietly, read and learn on this board.

We are not doing the "exact same thing". Just be quiet and quit convincing all of us, EVEN MORE, what a complete waste of football cyber space you are.

He obviously moves the ball and the offense better than Wallace or Delhomme. He's started against tough teams and has made very few mistakes. The team rallies around him when he is in the game.

Ben Roethlisberger throws about 20 passes a game and you'd say he doesn't deserve to start too, right?

We're beating the best team in the NFL (record wise) by 20 points with a rookie QB who has made some fantastic throws and had an amazing 20 yard TD run in this game and you're actually going to say he doesn't deserve to start?

What's your argument against not starting him? Delhomme is done in the NFL. He had a good career but he obviously is not the same QB he was when he was with the Panthers and before his injury. Wallace is a career backup and he played well when he had to but McCoy looks to be the future and unless he totally fails his next couple starts then he should remain the starter.

I actually agree with this. Unless he really does screw up badly, He will continue to stay the starter. Kind of like I was saying. You cant just hand him the spot but... right now, he has the upperhand over both Delhome and Wallace.

first off.....he is a backup.....he is supposed to be a backup...his job is to backup the starters

secondly......not making mistakes is far different from winning football games. he doesnt move the ball better than seneca or jake, the only thing he does is not throw INTs. that is a great attribute for a young kid because thats what a lot of young QBs do...but that doesnt merit him bein the starter

the mistake you are making is comparing a starting QB to the way your team as a whole is playing

dont pretend like colt is the reason the pats have only scored 7.....now 14 points........dont pretend like colt is the reason that peyton hillis has 122 rush yards

yes colt is talented.....thats why he got drafted so high......but a starter halfway through is first season? come on bro

Texas is a COLLEGE team jello-brain!!! The Browns are an NFL team.

I've never come on this board yapping about another NFL team winning and what a fan I am of that team. You live in Ohio and your favorite team is the Saints who, last time I checked, are not in Ohio. The only thing we have in common is that we are both members of this board. I am the pro-Browns, who lives in Texas fan and you are the pro-Saints, who lives in Ohio "fan". You are a Browns turncoat and should stay on your Saints message board or sit quietly, read and learn on this board.

We are not doing the "exact same thing". Just be quiet and quit convincing all of us, EVEN MORE, what a complete waste of football cyber space you are.

no kidding? longhorns are a college team? since when? thats what i was talking about.......99% of browns fans are buckeye fans.....and none of them like the longhorns

i came on this board well before saints week and had a lot of quality conversations with the members here

i warned everyone about saints week and when it came around, i talked smack like i said i was going to......now its not saints week anymore and i can root for both teams again

a browns turncoat? which member are you sucking up to that you need to quote ridiculous out of date insults like that?

im a browns fan as well as a saints fan......and any normal human being can understand that......anyone except someone from texas with the IQ of a stone

Just think about this...REALLY think about this.

He wasn't supposed to play at all this year, but he kept his head on right and was ready to play when the UNEXPECTED chance came.

His first start was against the Steelers. He faired well and passed well when the passing plays were called. He played with poise and gained the respect of his team mates.

His second start was against the Saints. His team won. He did what he was asked to do is a pass-conservative gameplan. He again played with poise and further gained the respect of his team mates.

There's still 2+ minutes left in the game, but thus far he has played very well agAInst the team with the best record in the NFL so far, both passing and rushing. He's over 70% accurate and, at this time, has a higher QB rating than Tom Brady.

He is a rookie who hasn't taken snaps all year till he had to play.

I'm not sure what else he can do. Yes, he won't always have good games, every QB has a bad one, but who REALLY expected this when they first heard he had to play? I have to tell you I did. This is what he did his entire career at Texas. Poise, accuracy, competitive, intelligent, team-oriented, focused and low-key, and best of all he is 100% class.

ALL OF YOU GUYS NEED TO GET ON BOARD WITH HIM AND THE REST OF THIS SEASON. GO BROWNS!!!!!

first off.....he is a backup.....he is supposed to be a backup...his job is to backup the starters

secondly......not making mistakes is far different from winning football games. he doesnt move the ball better than seneca or jake, the only thing he does is not throw INTs. that is a great attribute for a young kid because thats what a lot of young QBs do...but that doesnt merit him bein the starter

the mistake you are making is comparing a starting QB to the way your team as a whole is playing

dont pretend like colt is the reason the pats have only scored 7.....now 14 points........dont pretend like colt is the reason that peyton hillis has 122 rush yards

yes colt is talented.....thats why he got drafted so high......but a starter halfway through is first season? come on bro

You're either trolling me or you honestly believe the stuff coming from your mouth.

He's a backup who got pushed into the starting role from injury and he's shined. Spin it however you want.

How does he not move the ball better then Delhomme or Wallace? Have you honestly watched any Browns game this season?

The whole team is playing well but how does that take away from how McCoy has performed? If Brady were playing exactly how McCoy did today no one would say "you're comparing him to the way the team is playing".

Haha, I'm not pretending anything. Hillis has ran hard all day and our defense is playing the best I've ever seen it. I never once said that McCoy was affecting how the running game and defense was going. I said the team rallies around him.

So you think he should be benched because he's a rookie? Like I said, unless he plays absolutely horrendous he needs to remain the starter.

no kidding? longhorns are a college team? since when? thats what i was talking about.......99% of browns fans are buckeye fans.....and none of them like the longhorns

i came on this board well before saints week and had a lot of quality conversations with the members here

i warned everyone about saints week and when it came around, i talked smack like i said i was going to......now its not saints week anymore and i can root for both teams again

a browns turncoat? which member are you sucking up to that you need to quote ridiculous out of date insults like that?

im a browns fan as well as a saints fan......and any normal human being can understand that......anyone except someone from texas with the IQ of a stone

Oh, so you are an out of date turncoat UNTIL the Browns play the Saints again.

You are also classless because you, a "Browns fan" (according to you) disrepect all of us true Browns fans by talking smack about the Browns on the very board you say you support and offer intelligent posts.

You should change your member name to ClasslessLegend.

You're either trolling me or you honestly believe the stuff coming from your mouth.

He's a backup who got pushed into the starting role from injury and he's shined. Spin it however you want.

How does he not move the ball better then Delhomme or Wallace? Have you honestly watched any Browns game this season?

The whole team is playing well but how does that take away from how McCoy has performed? If Brady were playing exactly how McCoy did today no one would say "you're comparing him to the way the team is playing".

Haha, I'm not pretending anything. Hillis has ran hard all day and our defense is playing the best I've ever seen it. I never once said that McCoy was affecting how the running game and defense was going. I said the team rallies around him.

So you think he should be benched because he's a rookie? Like I said, unless he plays absolutely horrendous he needs to remain the starter.

im not trolling at all....but when there is a thread titled "Colt should start the rest of the season" you are going to find some people that disagree

im just one of them

im actually curious if you are watching the browns games because you think colt is the best QB on the team.......i think colt is very talented.....but i dont think he is the best QB on the team

and the best QB should be on the field.....i think both seneca and jake are better and the fact that the browns beat the saints and are beating the pats with colt as the starter makes you think he needs to start some more

what you arent noticing is that colt is not the reason you guys are winning......there are games that the browns are going to need to pass to win and i dont believe colt is ready for those

most of the passes that he has thrown have been very short routes that are easy completions. these completions any QB could make but the difference is that when seneca or jake are playing, you dont have to gameplan for just short easy completions.......you can actually expand the playbook and put in some deep passes and more complicated plays........things that rookies just struggle with and things they just arent ready for

Oh, so you are an out of date turncoat UNTIL the Browns play the Saints again.

You are also classless because you, a "Browns fan" (according to you) disrepect all of us true Browns fans by talking smack about the Browns on the very board you say you support and offer intelligent posts.

You should change your member name to ClasslessLegend.

amazing :lol:

keep em coming

.....but i dont think he is the best QB on the team

jakes washed up and seneca isn't as accurate as colt. keep playing him, i say. why wouldn't you? he beat (along with his team mates) two of the best teams in the nfl.

he's also the only rookie whose first three starts were against super bowl winning quarterbacks and teams. and went 2 for 3. not bad.

Does that mean you agree and are going to change your profile name?

that means that i am no longer responding to your ignorant posts that show complete disrespect not only to me as a poster but to me as a person

this isnt high school and nobody wants your drama here. ive proven myself to be a browns fan on these boards before and i have no problem doing it again but your nonsense is not worthy of a response from a quality individual such as myself

thanks for playing

that means that i am no longer responding to your ignorant posts that show complete disrespect not only to me as a poster but to me as a person

this isnt high school and nobody wants your drama here. ive proven myself to be a browns fan on these boards before and i have no problem doing it again but your nonsense is not worthy of a response from a quality individual such as myself

thanks for playing

Can you two quit the cat fight? Lets celebrate a victory.

Almost all rookie QBs don't win games. They don't lose them though.

Colt threw well when he had to, and he managed the game. That's all you can ask of the kid given the lack of WR talent. Once we have some talented wide receivers THAT is when the colt needs to start winning games. For now I am extremely pleased with his play.

And HILLIS!! 184 yards 2 TDs.

Let's all point and laugh at Denver for trading us this guy for Brady freaking Quinn.

Ready?

Point...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GO BROWNS!! WHAT A DAY

Can you two quit the cat fight? Lets celebrate a victory.

it was well deserved.......now maybe people will actually realize how good the browns are this season

they are better than their record and nearly every loss has been a close, hard fought game

a little leadership and continuity goes a long way

As far as I'm concerned, the 'leadership' and 'winning mentality' bit is usually a cover-up for a QB that isn't particularly good in the NFL but was *really good* in college. QBs that win in the NFL aren't usually praised for their winning mentality. They're praised for being effective passers.

That's what Colt is, however. Colt IS an effective QB. He's not a WINNER , he's good. Really good. Especially for a rookie.

If the starting job is taken from him, it would not be because Colt is in any way inferior to Jake or Seneca. He is not.

Archived