THE BROWNS BOARD

Dan Pompei Says Mangini Will Get Axed

shepwrite

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have been running their mouths ever since he hit town . People that have no damned clue of anything about football , let alone any high level decisions coming down from above .

Mangini is a Very Good coach . He left loud mouth Rex with a ball buster of a team for him to run his mouth on . Got fired for doing mostly winning and getting taken down the road by a washed up interception in a helmet .(that he opposed having in the first place )

The Mangini detractors are as tiring as the people that post ill thought out posts degrading him . Sure wish they would stop .

Uh oh, don't post anything negative on. mangini, you will get these clones all fired up.

Didn't you hear, mangini will be the first head coach to be inducted into the hall of fame with a losing record.

I don't get fired up because of Mangini, I get fired up because we finally have the ship headed in the right direction and people are calling for the coaches head while he is in his second year of a rebuild that is showing tremendous promise. Its as if people are addicted to losing. It is mind boggling.

Uh oh, don't post anything negative on. mangini, you will get these clones all fired up.

Didn't you hear, mangini will be the first head coach to be inducted into the hall of fame with a losing record.

oh man another New Yorker... It would be nice to sign Tom Brady, Dwayne Bowe, Brian Urlacher, and Darelle Revis, but this is the NFL and you can't buy championships like the yankees...

If you don't like what you have seen the past several weeks, you are in denial.. Last time I checked we stomped the Patriots 34-14 and the N.Y. Jets and that wonderful coach of theirs lost 45-3. Quite a large difference in outcomes considering how much more talent N.Y. has on their football team...

This is simply speculation that has no more traction now than it did before the season started. This is the media trying to make intrigue. Could Holmgren be thinking of firing Mangini? I am sure he's got some plan. Maybe it's a fait accompli or perhaps it's still processing.

I think that if he fires him at this point then saving his job is something Mangini didn't stand a chance to do. In other words, if he fires him now then he never planned to keep him in the first place. That would be really low and pretty stupid. I think if Eric Mangini got fired at season's end last year, he might not have gotten another head coaching job. After seeing what he's done this year, I am thinking someone would take a chance that he could start a third team in the right direction.

What I find very disconcerting is that the team is clearly improved yet we're all trying to guess the magical number of wins it will take to save Mangini's job. The decision could already be made, either way. Is this team better? Yes. Should we blow it up and start over? I think that would be a bit rash. That's what Dan Snyder keeps doing. How well is that working out?

At this point, Mangini bashers are finding their ammo running out. The Mangini fans are finding many positives to point to. The cycle currently favors the fans. Sorry bashers. The media bashers have made a mini-career out of building this coach up and then tearing him down. Now they're finding that perhaps they were wrong about his ability to coach successfully and it's either paint themselves into a corner or reverse field and we all know how much they love either of those options.

unless the team shits the bed and loses the last four games.................this topic is over and done with. mangini is our coach. too bad some fans wish for turmoil and disarray. hey it's the flippin' holidays! break out a smile for your fellow man! driving down hysteria lane everyday doesn't get you far in life. except closer to the end of it.

merry syphillis and clappy new year!!!

Guest birddog1

Jeez Louise, can we lose the Jim Rome references. I hate that show :wacko:

What a horrible piece of journalism. He cites no sources, just stokes some rumor fires with unchecked speculation. And the grammar ... he starts off the article "It's unlikely will see the blade ... " Please. This guy gets paid for this kind of garbage?

Mangini has taken a shitty team and turned them into a decent team on his way to making them a good team ... isn't that what coaches are supposed to do?

Unless Holmgren is actually telling people that he wants to coach and someone has a source ... this is just ridiculous speculation and downright laughable.

Zombo

It's just the same stupid media hype that has spoofed up all over the country. Really they are still just talking about the same articles that were written weeks and months ago. Some writer in Chicago that can't spell worth a shit is not spending his sunday watching the Browns and seeing all the positives, he is reading someone elses article, changing some words, and pushing it off as his own idea.

i think it's the time we live in. where everything factual is known seconds after it happens...........when there's nothing actually happening these internet 'journalists' (if you can call them that) just start swinging at the air and hope something connects, that way they look like geniuses. i give them as much respect as i give GALFREETS or FORMERLY STONE...........which is zip.

It doesn't matter what any of us believe.

There is a chance mangini will be fired. You have to look at holmgren. He took over the browns football operation to turn this around. How many times do guys get fired because he is not his guy? Mangini isn't his guy.

It will all come down to if holmgren can live with the difference in football ideals.

There is a chance mangini will be fired. You have to look at holmgren. He took over the browns football operation to turn this around. How many times do guys get fired because he is not his guy? Mangini isn't his guy.

It will all come down to if holmgren can live with the difference in football ideals.

True, but if Holmgren really cared about him being "his" guy...then there would have been no better time to fire him than last off-season. I don't think Holmgren coaches the Browns, ever. That's just my opinion.

True, but if Holmgren really cared about him being "his" guy...then there would have been no better time to fire him than last off-season. I don't think Holmgren coaches the Browns, ever. That's just my opinion.

exactly AND homgren was hired to be the prez of the org NOT COACH. basically he's a manager and he's overseeing everything top to bottom. why would holmgren give EM a chance, see that the team is/has improved and then fire him. not very logical jim.

i dont ever remembering hearing holmgren say that gruden was his "guy" either

AFC North final say

James Walker: Mangini is doing a better job of coaching this year. But I think Holmgren's decision is yet to be determined, so it's hard to say either way. It will come down to the team's performance in these final four games. The next two weeks are huge. The Browns have to beat the Buffalo Bills and Cincinnati Bengals, who are a combined 4-20. Beating the Baltimore Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers are much stiffer challenges. But the philosophical differences are legit, because if the Browns aren't winning enough under Mangini, the people in the front office can always point to what they would do different. If Mangini finishes 8-8, he should be safe. But if he goes 7-9 or less, that would place a difficult decision in Holmgren's hands.

And trust me, Holmgrem and Gruden are close.

It was linked on OBR, thought it was worth bitching about. My personal opinion is this, since Choco so kindly asked for it: You can't argue that the team is more competitive. If they close strong, you can definitely make a case that Mangini be retained.

However, Holmgren is the top of the food chain and we all know he doesn't like Daboll's offense or playcalling and that's an issue that isn't simply going to evaporate. Can Mangini and Holmgren find peace with Holmgren's offense and Mangini's defense? Maybe. Or maybe Holmgren falls on his sword.

And my opinion on Haden has always been that he's very good. I didn't like the pick, which is different. I would have rather traded down a little, drafted Dez Bryant, and found a corner a little later. How do I feel now? I think the Browns are probably lucky I'm not the GM, because we have Haden, he's getting beastly, and we can draft our #1 WR next year. If McCoy is all that next year and Hardesty makes some noise? Pretty amazing draft for Heckert and one I admittedly wasn't all that stoked over.

Choco... have I been saying shitty things to you? Do you not feel a little weird being an ass to me when I never say anything remotely nasty to you? I would, but that's me.

Archived