THE BROWNS BOARD

Dan Pompei Says Mangini Will Get Axed

shepwrite

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do but I don't like EM. We've seen the offense just sputter in the 3 games.. We are taking a few steps back and look like we did last year.

There are teams that have made huge strides since last year. KC, Tampa, Oakland, St. Louis... We have shown signs of having a decent caliber team who can compete... But yesterday, we started with a pounding drive.. got to the goal line and 3 plays up the middle later, we kick a field goal.. and after that.. it's like we gave up. Delhomme was aweful.. 3 down attempts are putrid to watch...

I can't imagine why EM would be accepting of Daboll's play calling fromt the game yesterday, and if he is, my faith in Magini is waiving..

I do but I don't like EM. We've seen the offense just sputter in the 3 games.. We are taking a few steps back and look like we did last year.

There are teams that have made huge strides since last year. KC, Tampa, Oakland, St. Louis... We have shown signs of having a decent caliber team who can compete... But yesterday, we started with a pounding drive.. got to the goal line and 3 plays up the middle later, we kick a field goal.. and after that.. it's like we gave up. Delhomme was aweful.. 3 down attempts are putrid to watch...

I can't imagine why EM would be accepting of Daboll's play calling fromt the game yesterday, and if he is, my faith in Magini is waiving..

let's all agree and say daboll sucks....delhomme too. BUT we were playing a team that has alot of heart and wasn't going to just lay down for us. yes some of those teams have made strides as you mentioned but let's see if it's more than just the first year illusion.

OBR says Mangini is coaching for his job the next three weeks, and it's not going to be easy. Win three straight in impressive fashion, he can stay with a new OC. Lose two, he's gone.

The passing game is just awful and the decision to start Delhomme and keep him in was worse than the decision to sign him, which was unbelievably bad. But the biggest issue is that Mangini was on a one-year tryout for a guy who'd naturally prefer to base his success on his own people and his own systems. Who wouldn't?

As much as I like where EM has our team headed, I am absolutely beyond frustrated that he continues to start Delhome, over Wallace while Colt heals. It is a pathetic decision and one that reeks of "my guy".........................Every time Delhome drops back, throws a wild side arm pass to a guy who's double covered and then looks over to the bench with that blank, confused look, I lose a lot more respect for EM.

My thoughts exactly. I was firmly planted in Mangini's camp, but have become increasingly perplexed as to why he plays Delhomme over Wallace. It's OBVIOUSLY not the right choice and it cost us a win yesterday. Just dumfounded.

Zombo

Im starting to feel by Manginis lack of emotion yesterday he doesnt care one way or the other...if that truly is the case then by all means...please move on and take Jake and Dumboll with you

You have no idea..

The difference is, if gruden was on the sideline he wouldn't have that eric mangini dazed looked on his face when he is losing.

The fact of the matter is mangini has one foot out the door and his head up his ass. I personally feel bad for mangini, very good guy..

I really would have liked to see him suceed here. I'm sure he will land some where, u always need ball boys.

all I want for christmas is jon gruden

Gruden had plenty of "dazed" looks on his face:

gruden200.jpg

In fact, he seems to have had a lot of Carl Spackler in him:

caddyshack.jpg

My thoughts exactly. I was firmly planted in Mangini's camp, but have become increasingly perplexed as to why he plays Delhomme over Wallace. It's OBVIOUSLY not the right choice and it cost us a win yesterday. Just dumfounded.

Zombo

It was pathetic to watch Jake out there yesterday. He's suffering from the same problem Kosar did in his last couple of years- he's so immobile teams bet they can sack him before he even throws a dump-off pass.

Wallace is obviously healthy- that one WildDawg play says so. No idea why they stuck with Jake in that game- and it's not a one game aberration- Jake's looked horrible in every game he's played in- like Derek Anderson bad.

Weird how this article got shat upon... now it's looking like he was just a week ahead of the rest of the media. PD's Manaloff says Mangini has to win 2 of 3 and not get blow out in the other. He says 6-10 won't get it done and 7-9 might not, either. He also thinks Daboll "sealed his fate."

Another variable might be Gruden's availability. I have a feeling Holmgren would like to make a splash with his coach AND make it someone he knows... and Gruden is that and some. He'll be another poster child for Cleveland, right alongside McCoy and Hillis, and this team starts taking on a personality fans can latch onto.

Then look for WCO OCs with a connection to one, the other, or both.

This doesn't have to be a gang fight... it's a discussion. I don't think Mangini's an idiot... but I do think it's possible that he'll lose his job. Why? Because Holmgren was brought in to remake the franchise, to be "the guru." For one year, he did it with a staff that is not of his choosing that doesn't run his schemes. It was show-me time, and no matter what else we say, the Browns are 5-8 and just lost to Buffalo.

Is that great progress over 5-11? Is it really? I'd say Tampa Bay and Kansas City, both at 8-5, have shown more progress. The Rams, too.

If Holmgren deep down wants to go with his systems on both sides of the ball, he has his opening. It's his call. Certainly we haven't done anything on offense to make us get psyched for more Daboll. That's a given. And McCoy is destined to be a WCO QB... and you can ask the Walrus himself and he'll tell you. Already did, in fact.

So do you tell Mangini he can stay if he essentially releases control of the offense? A lot of coaches would say no to that. So we'll see.

I think you echoed my words as to where Holmgren is coming ..........I'll give me credit for being way more esoteric

Am I missing a joke or was that just a garden variety insult?

Perhaps I've pissed you off in some way?

WSS

no not at all. sorry if i insulted you. was up too late for way too long. thought that was the funniest line of the 'grinch song'. and just put it out there..........booze=judgement bad. :blink:

Weird how this article got shat upon... now it's looking like he was just a week ahead of the rest of the media. PD's Manaloff says Mangini has to win 2 of 3 and not get blow out in the other. He says 6-10 won't get it done and 7-9 might not, either. He also thinks Daboll "sealed his fate."

Another variable might be Gruden's availability. I have a feeling Holmgren would like to make a splash with his coach AND make it someone he knows... and Gruden is that and some. He'll be another poster child for Cleveland, right alongside McCoy and Hillis, and this team starts taking on a personality fans can latch onto.

Then look for WCO OCs with a connection to one, the other, or both.

Shep you ought to know other than Pluto, the PD beat writers have a vendetta going against Mangini (cut off their inside leaks). I can't stand reading the garbage in the blogs after the articles, because from the sentiment you get there 1\2 the town is ready to ride Mangini out of town on a rail.

Archived