THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis On The Cover Of Madden!

BeernBrowns

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

c'mon, I believe in the madden curse but it would not affect Hillis at all. We all have seen how the man plays the game of football, if he gets hurt it would absolutely nothing to do with a "curse". I'm knocking on wood as I type this, but use your head here. A guy who plays smash-mouth, run you over football is not going to get an injury cause he's on a damn cover. I voted for him, I'd love to see him get to the finals.

I'm shocked browns fans wouldn't vote for hillis! Jamal charles had a passing game! If the browns had dwayne bowe there is no telling what he would have done.

Considering teams only game plan was to stop hillis, he was the best rb in the nfl..

If you really buy into madden curse ur dumb.. yeah the madden curse is real and the movie "the ring" is based on a true story...

I'm shocked browns fans wouldn't vote for hillis! Jamal charles had a passing game! If the browns had dwayne bowe there is no telling what he would have done.

Considering teams only game plan was to stop hillis, he was the best rb in the nfl..

If you really buy into madden curse ur dumb.. yeah the madden curse is real and the movie "the ring" is based on a true story...

Charles>>>>>>>>>Hillis

As far as the curse goes, it is hard to argue with 10 years of proof. That is some funky mojo going on.

:lol:

i agree with you 100%. the madden curse is a bunch of bullcrap. look it up on wiki and go year by year then look at it like this: the nfl is a game where crap happens and it happens often. some players get exposed for being one hit wonders. some players get hurt and miss a few games. some players get hurt and miss the entire season. most of the players who fit into these categories were never on the cover of madden.

the "facts" presented to try and make the madden "curse" believable is nothing but a reach to try to make it believable. i don't believe in curses. in order for a curse to exist, something or someone has to bring the curse into existence. that's the glitch in the whole curse thing. i also don't believe in the cleveland curse or that only bad things happen in cleveland. i've posted about that in depth a number of times.

lol funny.

"Everyone has a right to their opinion, but if you don't agree with mine ur dumb" ;)

Did i quote you right?

Yeah Granted people think Cleveland is already Cursed, put Hillis on the Cover and lets see how much attention it gets...

Anyways im not superstitious and i have Hillis over Charles, as someone else stated there whole gameplan was to Stop Hillis as oppossed to Charles he had Dwayne Bowe and also Thomas Jones giving him a breather...

Even though in the draft i wanted the Browns to grab Charles, he had steal written all over him...Saw him play at Texas and he was unbelievable how he made it to the 3rd round is beyond me, Same goes with Jermacaiel Finley they both came out early and i thought they were both legit Stars in the making

lol funny.

"Everyone has a right to their opinion, but if you don't agree with mine ur dumb" ;)

Did i quote you right?

what im saying that it is just as logical to think if u watch a video a woman will crawl out of your tv in 7 days and kill you (the ring) than it is to beleive if you put a player on a cover of a video game he will get hurt.

Football is a violent sport and strange enough people get hurt....

what im saying that it is just as logical to think if u watch a video a woman will crawl out of your tv in 7 days and kill you (the ring) than it is to beleive if you put a player on a cover of a video game he will get hurt.

props for the ring reference lol.

Yeah Granted people think Cleveland is already Cursed, put Hillis on the Cover and lets see how much attention it gets...

Anyways im not superstitious and i have Hillis over Charles, as someone else stated there whole gameplan was to Stop Hillis as oppossed to Charles he had Dwayne Bowe and also Thomas Jones giving him a breather...

Even though in the draft i wanted the Browns to grab Charles, he had steal written all over him...Saw him play at Texas and he was unbelievable how he made it to the 3rd round is beyond me, Same goes with Jermacaiel Finley they both came out early and i thought they were both legit Stars in the making

I did a podcast with some friends for our ultra competitive madden league. 32 of us, self imposed rule set, salary cap, game recaps, articles etc. Keeps our college competitive juices flowing since we're all displaced. Anyway we talked about this bracket and I picked Hillis as the Dark Horse to take down Aaron Rodgers because of the Browns base. The Madden curse is no joke though boys, call it sheer coincidence, call it what you want but just about everyone that has been on the cover has had something detrimental happen. Although I can't disagree with the smashmouth comment above. Ideally i'd love for Patrick Willis to be on the cover. He's probably my favorite LB in the league not on the Steelers but I also don't want him to catch the "curse" lol

Either way this will all be for not if EA drops the ball again with 2012. They completely ignored the online franchise aspect this year and there are some HUGE AI problems. EIther way it keeps people interested and that's all that matters for EA. Glad Ward lost.

FWIW I agree.

I just found it funny when you called everyone dumb. But in all fairness, I thought Charles had a better season overall. Dude was a flat-out stud.

Some people are superstitious. That doesn't make them any less intelligent.

I always do two practice swings before I hit my tee shot on every hole, because I believe the third time is the charm. I also wore the same right sock at every track meet I competed in, because my right foot was my plant foot and I liked the consistency.

Just because I do those things doesn't mean I'm an idiot. I'm of average intelligence, I scored a 1200 on the SAT.

Let people believe in the Madden Curse, don't chastise them for it. I believe in it. That's why I'll be voting for Peyton Hillis all the way until the championship matchup.

I always do two practice swings before I hit my tee shot on every hole, because I believe the third time is the charm. I also wore the same right sock at every track meet I competed in, because my right foot was my plant foot and I liked the consistency.

Just because I do those things doesn't mean I'm an idiot. I'm of average intelligence, I scored a 1200 on the SAT.

Let people believe in the Madden Curse, don't chastise them for it. I believe in it. That's why I'll be voting for Peyton Hillis all the way until the championship matchup.

So from the sounds of it you must be pretty stoked about the Easter bunny coming soon?

A 1200 on the SAT is considerably above average....assuming you are only talking about the two components, Math and Critical Reading, not all three(including writing) If you are talking about all 3 then 1200 would be a very poor score. It is odd, but a lot of schools only look at the two, not all 3.

And of course, intelligence has nothing to do with superstition. Superstition is irrational. Even the most intelligent of people can be irrational.

So from the sounds of it you must be pretty stoked about the Easter bunny coming soon?

Lol dude not even close to the same thing and not sure why you would even draw that comparison.

Lol dude not even close to the same thing and not sure why you would even draw that comparison.

I get it, its funny to talk about.. The face of the matter is, you will not get hurt from being on a cover of a video game. There are no special powers from beyond punishing guys who are chosen. You do get hurt playing football though..

There are no such things of a curse...

A 1200 on the SAT is considerably above average....assuming you are only talking about the two components, Math and Critical Reading, not all three(including writing) If you are talking about all 3 then 1200 would be a very poor score. It is odd, but a lot of schools only look at the two, not all 3.

And of course, intelligence has nothing to do with superstition. Superstition is irrational. Even the most intelligent of people can be irrational.

Only two of the three. The writing portion was my highest score, actually. I penned a 740 on that. It's unfortunate that part wasn't included in my college admissions process, because my GPA was actually godawful and didn't truly reflect me as a student.

I have a funny story about the omitted writing score, actually. A kid I went to high school with was ecstatic because he got a 1040 on his SAT, but he was including all three parts. Needless to say, he was on the slow side. All of us went along with it, and congratulated him for what he believed to be an unreachable score, until a particularly vicious kid decided to make an example of him in front of everybody. Everybody who saw the exchange then proceeded to throw some sort of food item at the asshole kid, until a legitimate food fight started. It was a scene from an 80's movie in the flesh. One of my fondest high school memories.

I agree. I believe it's healthy to be irrational every once in a while. Irrationality frees the mind from the constraints of a harsh reality on occasion. It's like harboring your inner child, in a strange fashion.

Archived