THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis On The Cover Of Madden!

BeernBrowns

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not trying to get you to fall for anything, HIB. You should get it on your own.

2 questions.

What will Hillis on the cover really mean to you or the Browns?

When was the last time your girlfriend/wife said 'lets stay home and play madden tonight'?

I have never in my life seen a well to do person (not their kids) play a video game. They focus on winning the game of life, not scoring virtual tds. At least if you watch real football you can have social interaction, instead of ignoring the world and learning nothing. Not telling you what to do.....just giving my opinion.

When has a wife said "Lets stay home and watch the game, show, movie, that you specifically want to watch. You can make the same argument that you just made for video games with TV and movies. What is the difference between spending two hours a night watching TV or two hours a night watching TV. There is none. You seem to be talking about the stereotype above 18 video game player. The guy who is in front of his TV with a controller in his hand half of the day who does nothing but eat Doritos and drink mt. dew and like most stereotypes it is a load of crap.

Plus you would be surprised the amount of women that I know who play video games. Girls that are going into medical and teaching careers that are better than me at most games. And trust me they aren't bad on the eyes either.

Also I sure as hell don't play Madden when the game is one. I'm screaming my head off with my roommates watching the Browns. Madden is to fill that bit of void in between games and the off-season.

HIB,

I guess we're different katz.........bought a new 42 inch tv 2 months ago.......haven't watched 3 hrs this week. Spend most of my time working, volunteering, rubbing shoulders and socially drinking with people that have more pull than I could dream of, hoping it rubs off. Can't imagine the reward of honing my madden skills. 3 years ago I got a honorary key to the city for volunteer work, looks like a gold card that gets me free shit here and there. More importantly it got me many opportunities I never would of had playing video games as an adult. Pull that card out during a job interview and see how their interest and conversation change. I'm not really a nice guy, but I put in the work. You people don't know what your missing. But its your life and you can do what you want so I will shut up now and go do something productive to fill my offseason time. Good luck to Hillis if he even gives a damn.

I'm deployed to Cuba, married and have done 6 years of active duty Navy. During that time I've gotten my Bachelors Degree in International Relations and am getting out of the service in September and going to Grad School. I guess my Madden habit didn't hurt me very much htownbrown. Smuck.

Awesome, good luck in grad school.

I'm deployed to Cuba, married and have done 6 years of active duty Navy. During that time I've gotten my Bachelors Degree in International Relations and am getting out of the service in September and going to Grad School. I guess my Madden habit didn't hurt me very much htownbrown. Smuck.

ok: i'll bite.

i guess a madden habit isn't as bad as some others you could have, but when do you have the time to play it if you are active duty and you are going to school?

International Relations? what does that mean, translator or waterboarder? :lol:

(BTW: you got your bachelor's degree and still don't know how to spell SCHMUCK?)

a lot of us had six years active duty before you were even a glimmer in your parents' eyes. doesn't make us better than any one else.

HIB,

I guess we're different katz.........bought a new 42 inch tv 2 months ago.......haven't watched 3 hrs this week. Spend most of my time working, volunteering, rubbing shoulders and socially drinking with people that have more pull than I could dream of, hoping it rubs off. Can't imagine the reward of honing my madden skills. 3 years ago I got a honorary key to the city for volunteer work, looks like a gold card that gets me free shit here and there. More importantly it got me many opportunities I never would of had playing video games as an adult. Pull that card out during a job interview and see how their interest and conversation change. I'm not really a nice guy, but I put in the work. You people don't know what your missing. But its your life and you can do what you want so I will shut up now and go do something productive to fill my offseason time. Good luck to Hillis if he even gives a damn.

Maybe I will be the same way when I graduate college with my Special Education Degree, but I still see my self playing video games to some degree even when I'm teaching, coaching, and raising a family.

Well guys, i heard from a friend that there's a Mike Vick fan page on facebook with twice the number of "likes" as Hillis's. Also, they are using Google Chrome "Ghost" mode, apparently you can just vote over and over again.

It was a good run.

Alot of guys I have talked to that have been voting Hillis have been doing the same thing this whole time. Honestly I wouldn't underestimate the power of PETA. They probably have a whole paid staff right now doing the exact same thing.

Wow a lot of self-important a@@holes that are apparently "Browns" Fans. What does this have to do with playing video games and keys to cities? Last time I checked this was supposed to be about a Browns player getting national recognition outside of the slums of Cleveland. Who cares if you're 12 or 82, who here is such a perfect person that they can judge another human being? Oh wait, according to the Bible its a sin to judge another human being... Such a shame that something so positive brings out such negative things in people. I'm 40 years old not married with no kids (besides a cat and a dog) and I play video games quite a bit. Fire away, but i'll tell you this much, I could care less what anyone else thinks because no one has walked in my shoes and vice versa. I am who I am and the root of it is even against better judgement I still support this team through thick and thin. I vowed to never buy a Madden again, but if Hillis makes the cover i'll be first in line and will never sell or trade this copy in. This may be the ONLY opportunity we will see of a Cleveland sports player on the cover of anything major and mainstream.

Well guys, i heard from a friend that there's a Mike Vick fan page on facebook with twice the number of "likes" as Hillis's. Also, they are using Google Chrome "Ghost" mode, apparently you can just vote over and over again.

It was a good run.

I don't have google chrome; I have windows 7, and found out that InPrivate Browsing ( under safety toolbar or Ctrl+Shift+P ) will let me vote over and over. You have to close the window then open it again to vote. Hope this helps anyone. Hillis coalition is in full swing!

HIB,

Well, ain't you the Lord Duke of McKakiak. Here's your gold medal:

1197089188296915867momoko_Gold_Medallion_svg_hi.52104222_std.png

Wow a lot of self-important a@@holes that are apparently "Browns" Fans. (are you including yourself?) What does this have to do with playing video games and keys to cities? Last time I checked this was supposed to be about a Browns player getting national recognition outside of the slums of Cleveland. (Conversations are organic...they grow where you may not predict. Just go with the flow, don't try to control) Who cares if you're 12 or 82, who here is such a perfect person that they can judge another human being? Oh wait, according to the Bible its a sin to judge another human being... (I am a judge...really. Is it a sin for me to do my job?)Such a shame that something so positive brings out such negative things in people. I'm 40 years old not married with no kids (besides a cat and a dog) and I play video games quite a bit. Fire away,(nah...too easy) but i'll tell you this much, I could care less what anyone else thinks because no one has walked in my shoes and vice versa.(do I hear violins playing?) I am who I am (Are you Popeye?)and the root of it is even against better judgement I still support this team through thick and thin. I vowed to never buy a Madden again,(why would you have felt the need to make such a vow?) but if Hillis makes the cover i'll be first in line and will never sell or trade this copy in. This may be the ONLY opportunity we will see of a Cleveland sports player on the cover of anything major and mainstream. ( I doubt that seriously. The Tribe is in first place. If they stay there, they'll get plenty of attention)

Wow a lot of self-important a@@holes that are apparently "Browns" Fans. What does this have to do with playing video games and keys to cities? Last time I checked this was supposed to be about a Browns player getting national recognition outside of the slums of Cleveland. Who cares if you're 12 or 82, who here is such a perfect person that they can judge another human being? Oh wait, according to the Bible its a sin to judge another human being... Such a shame that something so positive brings out such negative things in people. I'm 40 years old not married with no kids (besides a cat and a dog) and I play video games quite a bit. Fire away, but i'll tell you this much, I could care less what anyone else thinks because no one has walked in my shoes and vice versa. I am who I am and the root of it is even against better judgement I still support this team through thick and thin. I vowed to never buy a Madden again, but if Hillis makes the cover i'll be first in line and will never sell or trade this copy in. This may be the ONLY opportunity we will see of a Cleveland sports player on the cover of anything major and mainstream.

man nobody was talking about supporting this team or supporting hillis. it was a couple of people (including me) that have a difference of opinion with what to do with your free time.........that's all. personally i'd rather be out hob-knobbin and checkin out the ladies than 'plugged in' and stationed in front of a tv for hours. that's just me though. i get the video game thing and like i said before if i was any good at playing them i'd probably be broke.

yes, sometimes the back chat here will turn a little ugly but i believe it's all in good fun (unless you're a steeler's troll). what, never busted chops with friends before???

This could very well be EA sport's worst nightmare. A cover finals composed of a dog killer and a relative no-name.

But on that note, go Hillis!

I don't think that Hillis is a no name. He got a lot of attention last year. He became Mike Golic's favorite player.

Who gives a rats ass who is on the cover of a video game? What are you, 12 year olds?

I agree....this seems too important to some.

Plus.....isn't the cover some sort of jinx??

Here's the link:

http://espn.go.com/s...madden2012cover

Post it wherever you can: Browns sites, facebook, use it a as a signature, whatever....

I wanna see Peyton CRUSH the Dog Killa

70% of the vote is a good goal.

Let's show them that Browns fans are still the most passionate in the land!

Zombo

Archived