THE BROWNS BOARD

Peyton Hillis On The Cover Of Madden!

BeernBrowns

I woulda voted for Phil Dawson, Joe Haden or ANY of our guys wearing those beautiful colors. This is so not about race that it's just sad to even think it.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dude was dressed to kill last night. He must of been trucking/hurdling ladies left and right just to get out of the building last night. And who else loved that the first thing he said at the podium was "I just want to thank god."

Dude, it's a xxxxing video game. And I think you might be gay for him. Ditch the signature.

"I feel like the Kurt Cobain of my generation, but people just don't understand me"-----Justin Beiber

"I felt like the Justin Beiber of my generation, so I killed myself"------Kurt Cobains Ghost

By the way Gaf, I just saw this. Its funny as hell. :lol:

:D THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! i'm hear all, err.......well, all the damn time.

maybe you'd rather see Ben, Mendenhall, or Miller on the cover. Since you probably think they are all better than McCoy, Hillis, and Watson...

Ben > mccoy

Mendy > hillis

Miller > watson

prettymuch ANYONE without a homeristic point of veiw would see it this way too. sorry but the only one that is even close is Mendy vs hillis and i think mendy has the edge with his quickness and athletisism. hillis is definately a beast, but overall i'd say objectively Mendy is the better back. Ben over mccoy isn't even debatable yet. mccoy just dosen't have the time on the job to even be accurately compared to Ben. and Miller is a better TE than watson, ask anyone that know football and is not associated with either the Steelers or the browns and they'd tell you the same thing.

sometimes the truth hurts. i'm a beer drinking professional slouch a year away from being fifty and yes i do root for the white guy. NOT SAYING I DON"T ROOT FOR ALL OF THE PLAYERS ON MY FAVE TEAM (black or white), but if you got a dude that runs as fast as calvin johnson and stretches the field like him or you have someone that is as big as lance briggs who you hand the ball off to and runs people over....what's wrong with rooting for this guy? now i'm guilty of some morality law? GTFO of here. i was the biggest lebron fan ever and stuck up for him amongst my knicks and nets fans until he did us dirty. now i despise him. so i'm wrong about calling him a dirty sellout?

FXXK everybody's pc bullshit. call 'em like you see 'em or STFU and go to church.

We all only hate Lebron cause he's black and love Peyton cause he's white.

Pizzadude, Master Chief is right, you're a xxxxing tool.

I love the fact that we have a white HB that runs people over like a train regardless of skin color.

Questions to ponder:

How much do you think what appeals to Cleveland about Peyton appeals to middle America as a whole?

Race aside, would Cleveland's support for Peyton have been anywhere near as strong were it not for LeBron's departure, as this Arkansas column insinuates?

Following are excerpts from a couple other columns on Peyton from his home-state. They're mostly tongue-in-cheek but can be pretty humorous:

"The phenomenon known as the Madden NFL video game—with its rabid followers around the world—has been holding an online vote to see who’ll appear on the cover of its new game. You might think the Super Bowl winner and Green Bay Packer quarterback, Aaron Rogers, would be the frontrunner for the honor. If so, said frontrunner got beat like an average corner trying to tackle Peyton Hillis.

Peyton walloped Mr. Rogers in the vote, 61 percent to 39 percent. Walter Mondale did better against Ronald Reagan in ’84.

Sure, there were reasons for the beat-down other than that Dawg Pound up in Cleveland. It’s said some Packers fans voted against their own quarterback because of something called the Madden Curse. It seems players who appear on the video game’s cover haven’t exactly shredded the record books the next year. But a win’s a win, as the coaches say—even if the other team rests its starters."

"Some will say it’s Peyton Hillis’ ability to carrying four defenders for eight yards that got him the honor this year. Or that he mows down opposing safeties like little children who’ve gotten in the way. Or that his is a style that resembles old-style football. You remember the old days, when you ran over, not around, your opponent.

Sure, all that may have had a little something to do with it. But we know how it really happened. Through the power of the press. Our press, to be exact.

Some speculate that appearing on the video cover might mean a lot of money to Mr. Hillis one day, what with endorsements and all the other windfalls that could come from his increasing popularity. Maybe he’ll share a little of it with those of us who launched an editorial crusade on his behalf. Fair is fair."

Yeah, I know - paywalls aggravate.

it sucks that we as browns' fans disagree and get bitter towards one another over some pc bullshit. some might not want to admit it but i'm sure race had 'some' part in the fact that hillis won the cover. like it or not, the race card is played every day on every corner in every conversation in this country. ever watch espn, where the black analyst has a totally different take on a situation than the white analyst? it's Fing sickening.

love hillis and love the browns but to him winning the cover....here's my two words: gerry cooney.

You guys are too funny. Because of what I stated, I'm hating? You guys all know the truth. If Hillis were a black RB with the exact same numbers and style he wouldn't be on the cover. Like I said before, I am happy for him, he seems like a great guy, was a pleasant surprise last year, and is easy to root for. All of that doesn't change what I said. BTW, there is nothing wrong with voting for the white guy and I don't think I would call it racism but more of a vote for the novelty.

You guys are too funny. Because of what I stated, I'm hating? You guys all know the truth. If Hillis were a black RB with the exact same numbers and style he wouldn't be on the cover. Like I said before, I am happy for him, he seems like a great guy, was a pleasant surprise last year, and is easy to root for. All of that doesn't change what I said. BTW, there is nothing wrong with voting for the white guy and I don't think I would call it racism but more of a vote for the novelty.

I'm black from the waist down, do you want to lick my sac?

:D THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU!!! i'm hear all, err.......well, all the damn time.

Ben > mccoy

Mendy > hillis

Miller > watson

prettymuch ANYONE without a homeristic point of veiw would see it this way too. sorry but the only one that is even close is Mendy vs hillis and i think mendy has the edge with his quickness and athletisism. hillis is definately a beast, but overall i'd say objectively Mendy is the better back. Ben over mccoy isn't even debatable yet. mccoy just dosen't have the time on the job to even be accurately compared to Ben. and Miller is a better TE than watson, ask anyone that know football and is not associated with either the Steelers or the browns and they'd tell you the same thing.

Actually, we did ask, and most said that the Watson/Miller matchup was pretty even, or even in Watson's favor....at least in terms of what they produced last year, and career wise they are not far off.

Mendenhall may have a little more wiggle than Hillis, but that doesn't make him a better back, just different. Hillis's athleticism may be a little underrated (because he is white?), but anyone that can leap tall buildings in a single bound has to be pretty athletic.

McCoy vs. BR. Yea, sure, McCoy is a rookie essentially. Anyone that would compare him to a veteran 2 time SB winning QB would be foolish at this point. Hopefully, he will reach that level at some point, but certainly not now.

it sucks that we as browns' fans disagree and get bitter towards one another over some pc bullshit. some might not want to admit it but i'm sure race had 'some' part in the fact that hillis won the cover. like it or not, the race card is played every day on every corner in every conversation in this country. ever watch espn, where the black analyst has a totally different take on a situation than the white analyst? it's Fing sickening.

love hillis and love the browns but to him winning the cover....here's my two words: gerry cooney.

I know...the race question always comes up. But it's completely stupid to automatically play the race card every time something like this comes up! Was Hillis the only white guy in the voting? Uh...NO! He beat out other white guys too. Explain how race helped him defeat Rodgers?! Explain how, if race played a factor, that Vick made it to the final?! C'mon people! I'm not blind to the fact that racism does exist...it ALWAYS WILL! But I don't hear Vick out there crying he lost to Hillis because Hillis is white! No other player is complaining because they got beat by a white guy! It's stupid people that have nothing better to do than to start controversy out here trying to make something out of NOTHING!

How about these two words: Jim Taylor, or at least Mike Alstott.

I know...the race question always comes up. But it's completely stupid to automatically play the race card every time something like this comes up! Was Hillis the only white guy in the voting? Uh...NO! He beat out other white guys too. Explain how race helped him defeat Rodgers?! Explain how, if race played a factor, that Vick made it to the final?! C'mon people! I'm not blind to the fact that racism does exist...it ALWAYS WILL! But I don't hear Vick out there crying he lost to Hillis because Hillis is white! No other player is complaining because they got beat by a white guy! It's stupid people that have nothing better to do than to start controversy out here trying to make something out of NOTHING!

The important colors in this race were Seal Brown and Orange.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just saw this released!

21bsjdk.jpg

looks to be the official cover! Love the addition of the stadium and skyline. I just wish I could see the reaction of every steelers fan that's going to see this.

this is usually the last thing many defensive players see before getting destroyed.

(also i love how hes staring right at the camera)

Archived