THE BROWNS BOARD

Julio Jones

jake24

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i think we have ok linemen a couple are questionable and we need to make it better............. our defense is ok we need time to gel .... get used to what we wanna do... the 4-3...but we do need more playmakers on d.............but the bottom line is that we have no weapons on offense mccoy is in the proccess of being good but he need help as far as weapons ......and thats that

Your just unreal man........Eagles would beat us by 30

Top tier teams have playmakers n lots of them..........its plain n simple

im not trying to hear it from you complacent browns fans who want to keep drafting DT n OL'men..........thats our problem......lets be a threat out there on offense for a change

They might steam role us but the dream team is still losing games that they are supposed to be winning! With your logic, since they bought a ton of top guys in FA they should be 4-0, but they are 1-3 just losing to a bad 49'ers team. You think that one play maker is going to win us last weeks game, but a top 5 WR isn't going to keep the Titan's from scoring 31 points!

well exactly what i was hoping wouldnt happen.......but it was pretty much inevidable. Julio Jones had 11 catches for 127 yds yesterday.

Couldnt believe we passed on this guy. And if anyones doubts this guy get the NFL Ticket and watch him, hes that good.

How many more great players are we going to pass on?

You are too quick to make this assertion. Jones is a part of a better offense. You can't hate on this move until after you know who we get next year with our draft picks from Atlanta. We all knew the browns weren't a playoff team this year (well the sane fans anyway), so Jones would not have made as big an impact as the 5 draft picks we received in return..

hes just been waiting for jones to actually have a decent game before he could make this thread. its seriously not even worth debating cause he doesn't realize the different dynamics of the offenses. if noodles was half the QB ryan is, then maybe he'd have half a leg to stand on.

Really back to the main subject here Julio has had one good game and hasnt been an impact in the others, and this is including him dropping wide open touchdown passes so get over yourself hes overrated.Better than anything we have yes worth the 6th pick in the draft no.

Really back to the main subject here Julio has had one good game and hasnt been an impact in the others, and this is including him dropping wide open touchdown passes so get over yourself hes overrated.Better than anything we have yes worth the 6th pick in the draft no.

Your overrated....you people need to stop just watching the browns and realize who else is out there....sit on sundays with eight games up on your tv screen then come tell me who else is doing what out there instead of just watching highlights.....most of you browns fans have tunnel vision....seems like Ghoolie, WRebel, PK n a few others can see the light....you guys will admit it oneday

Your overrated....you people need to stop just watching the browns and realize who else is out there....sit on sundays with eight games up on your tv screen then come tell me who else is doing what out there instead of just watching highlights.....most of you browns fans have tunnel vision....seems like Ghoolie, WRebel, PK n a few others can see the light....you guys will admit it oneday

Way to name all the trolls!

hes just been waiting for jones to actually have a decent game before he could make this thread. its seriously not even worth debating cause he doesn't realize the different dynamics of the offenses. if noodles was half the QB ryan is, then maybe he'd have half a leg to stand on.

its not about jones having one good game, not decent, and the topic being brought about. jones is a good young receiver and he has a lot to prove still, its just that this league is offense and we have no weapons at alllllllllllllll. jones is a beast and the falcons have many weapons and jones is probably 3rd best on the team. we passed on him when he was the best option for our team. and ryan hasnt looked so good this season even tho he was awsome last year. we have no weapons jones was the best option better than all the receivers we have now.

its not about jones having one good game, not decent, and the topic being brought about. jones is a good young receiver and he has a lot to prove still, its just that this league is offense and we have no weapons at alllllllllllllll. jones is a beast and the falcons have many weapons and jones is probably 3rd best on the team. we passed on him when he was the best option for our team. and ryan hasnt looked so good this season even tho he was awsome last year. we have no weapons jones was the best option better than all the receivers we have now.

Still doesn't make him worthy of the 6th pick.

Still doesn't make him worthy of the 6th pick.

hey man i cant wait to draft another D linemen and just stuff the line up all year long. Man I cant wait for the draft. Let draft all DLinemen...or maybe a replacement for Dawson in like the third round?

Browns 1 round draft picks over the years

1999 1 Tim Couch QB Kentucky

2000 1 Courtney Brown DE Penn State

2001 3 Gerard Warren DT Florida

2002 16 William Green RB Boston College [23]

2003 21 Jeff Faine C Notre Dame

2004 6 Kellen Winslow II TE Miami (Florida) [24]

2005 3 Braylon Edwards WR Michigan

2006 13 Kamerion Wimbley LB Florida State [25]

2007 3 Joe Thomas OT Wisconsin [26]

22 Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame [27]

2008 No Pick

2009 21 Alex Mack C California [28]

2010 7 Joe Haden CB Florida

2011 21 Phil Taylor DT Baylor

What sticks out here???????? 2004 & 2005 we drafted a few weapons.....werent we 10-6 shortly after that

Seems odd to me

i mean you're totally right dude, it probably makes no difference he went to a NFC championship caliber team with a top ten WR opposite to him, a HOF tight end, a pro bowl QB and RB and dominant offensive line. Since the browns have all those things i'm sure he would just be dominating for us.

......point is, it's all about context man. You can't just objectively say because a guy is good for one team he's gonna be good for someone else. And last i checked, phil taylor is lookin pretty damn good.

Not to mention the trade that was made. The Browns got a TON of value for that move. A TON, so even in hindsight and with the success of Jones this is still a ridiculous position. Julio Jones alone does not fix the Browns. All those draft picks certainly make larger strides.

i can understand a 6-10 year or 5-11......i mean thats what the talent on the field is going to get us. So i don't get too mad over these losses like most of you are getting. All i here is Fire Shur or Holm etc etc. Thats just plain stupid. We can't keep bringing in new coaches n new offenses. When we are a threat to score on offense on every possesion then thats when ill be expecting winning years, as of now i cant be let down, cuz theres nothing to expect from this lousy team

They might steam role us but the dream team is still losing games that they are supposed to be winning! With your logic, since they bought a ton of top guys in FA they should be 4-0, but they are 1-3 just losing to a bad 49'ers team. You think that one play maker is going to win us last weeks game, but a top 5 WR isn't going to keep the Titan's from scoring 31 points!

I don't know why all the hate on the Niners from you ... They have a very good defense, and special teams ... and with Gore and VD more playmakers then us on offense.

i can understand a 6-10 year or 5-11......i mean thats what the talent on the field is going to get us. So i don't get too mad over these losses like most of you are getting. All i here is Fire Shur or Holm etc etc. Thats just plain stupid. We can't keep bringing in new coaches n new offenses. When we are a threat to score on offense on every possesion then thats when ill be expecting winning years, as of now i cant be let down, cuz theres nothing to expect from this lousy team

What the crybabies bemoaning we passed on Jones aren't thinking like Heckert is. Which is a a couple years down the road. Hello- Blackmon is in the 2012 draft, and the Browns are in an excellent position to snag him, or move up with Atlanta's extra first rounder to do so. WRs are ancillary pieces to the puzzle- you build your foundation first- O and D lines, then add the "Playmakers".

Not to mention the trade that was made. The Browns got a TON of value for that move. A TON, so even in hindsight and with the success of Jones this is still a ridiculous position. Julio Jones alone does not fix the Browns. All those draft picks certainly make larger strides.

Absolutely. Who knows, in next year's draft the Browns may get a playmaker much more valuable than Jones with their Atlanta pick....or, maybe they will make some of these people crazy and take a Right Tackle!!

We got a hell of a stock pile of drafts from that trade to Atlanta. I'm willing to give heckert a couple of years to develop the new guys he gets with those picks. It sucks now but we'll have to give it time to see if that move panned out.

It doesn't appear to be working for the falcons right now. They're not winning enough now to justify all the picks they traded.

Hopefully we can get blackmon. He's a beast.

Isn't it obvious that if ur passing game isn't working, the only possible explanation is the receivers suck?

That's the gradeschool mentality ur dealing with from pk and Jake.

Tell you what tho that guy PK was an all-state shutdown corner......he knows more X's n O's than any of you guys

you quite possibly are the most annoying dude on this board.....the guy who goes home alone every night....stop wasting your thoughts on this site please

Escentially Jones is another Braylon Clone without the attitued, he has great size and speed but still drops easy passes...I was all for the Browns taking a reciever go back and look at the posts except i wanted Green. Theres no need to reach for someone when you can trade back and load up on picks.

Blackmon,Jeffery>Jones

Broyles=Jones

Theres always next year to pick up a playmaking stud WR.

Lmao....o pk, I'm just getting started. I love know-it-alls like you. Come rolling in thinking you're hot shit without realizing who populates this board. I can be an all state CB too...just by posting it.

Tell ya what....get back to me when ur balls drop and you start making football points. Cause if you really know the game like you claim, then you'd be able to frame an argument supporting an opinion. Thus far ur just making yourself look like a fool.

Archived