THE BROWNS BOARD

Julio Jones

jake24

Lmao....o pk, I'm just getting started. I love know-it-alls like you. Come rolling in thinking you're hot shit without realizing who populates this board. I can be an all state CB too...just by posting it.

Tell ya what....get back to me when ur balls drop and you start making football points. Cause if you really know the game like you claim, then you'd be able to frame an argument supporting an opinion. Thus far ur just making yourself look like a fool.

man your whack n corny

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact we got Phil Taylor and Atlanta's pick for him, i'm slightly more easy to forgive for now, next years draft will show how this will pan out in the end. To be honest i hope the browns draft Defense with all their first and second round picks, i feel they pick some beast on defense but their offense picks have been lack luster.

Tell you what tho that guy PK was an all-state shutdown corner......he knows more X's n O's than any of you guys

you quite possibly are the most annoying dude on this board.....the guy who goes home alone every night....stop wasting your thoughts on this site please

Learn to spell! Until you do that, no one will start to take you seriously. You just look like a 10 year old troll on here right now.

Bottom line is the Browns again blew it with the first round choice. It should have been either Green or Jones whomever was on the board when we drafted. This has been an ongoing problem for 11 years passing on a playmaker and taking either an offensive lineman or defensive player.. An early poster said it, we are void of playmakers. I have said it for years that we have passed on playmakers over and over and then when we did actually go for one in the first round we paid two picks for an ordinary player. Winsblow and Quinn being examples.. I am not going to write of the Holmgren regime but I am very disappointed in drafting so far. Offensive weapons win games, we have none except McCoy who is still learning and has no help.

Bottom line is the Browns again blew it with the first round choice. It should have been either Green or Jones whomever was on the board when we drafted. This has been an ongoing problem for 11 years passing on a playmaker and taking either an offensive lineman or defensive player.. An early poster said it, we are void of playmakers. I have said it for years that we have passed on playmakers over and over and then when we did actually go for one in the first round we paid two picks for an ordinary player. Winsblow and Quinn being examples.. I am not going to write of the Holmgren regime but I am very disappointed in drafting so far. Offensive weapons win games, we have none except McCoy who is still learning and has no help.

absolutely.....good to see a few browns fans who can see this

Tell you what tho that guy PK was an all-state shutdown corner......he knows more X's n O's than any of you guys

you quite possibly are the most annoying dude on this board.....the guy who goes home alone every night....stop wasting your thoughts on this site please

My experience is that many if not most players actually know less about the game than many fans. They may have these instinctive talents and athleticism, but they don't often have the cerebral capabilities.

This is often why you see coaches come from the ranks of the mediocre talented. Because they have to use intellect and guile to succeed.

Name me anyone that was both a Hall of Fame type talent and a Hall of Fame type coach.

ABout the closest I can think of is Dick LeBeau.

Anyone else?

Well you are kind of right. We do need offensive firepower if we want to become a playoff team. But, Phil Taylor was not a bad pick. Green was already off the board and Atlanta gave us an offer we couldn't refuse for Jones. We weren't going to make the playoffs this year with or without Jones. The only way we would have blown our 1st round pick would be if Taylor sucked - and that's not the case. We have spent this year signing key young players and will use our extra draft picks to fill more holes for next year. With 2 first rounders this year, expect us to take a WR in the first round. The thing is we still have plenty of holes to fill so if we had a good WR now, you guys would just be complaining about something else. Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, and Mitchell have done pretty well so far. We just need more depth and faster linebackers behind them. On offense we need to fix the right side of our oline and better WR's. Having little to no time to implement the WCO and the 4-3 defense has left us with more holes to fill. Everyone needs to give the new front office and coaching staff a chance to succeed.

Well you are kind of right. We do need offensive firepower if we want to become a playoff team. But, Phil Taylor was not a bad pick. Green was already off the board and Atlanta gave us an offer we couldn't refuse for Jones. We weren't going to make the playoffs this year with or without Jones. The only way we would have blown our 1st round pick would be if Taylor sucked - and that's not the case. We have spent this year signing key young players and will use our extra draft picks to fill more holes for next year. With 2 first rounders this year, expect us to take a WR in the first round. The thing is we still have plenty of holes to fill so if we had a good WR now, you guys would just be complaining about something else. Rubin, Taylor, Sheard, and Mitchell have done pretty well so far. We just need more depth and faster linebackers behind them. On offense we need to fix the right side of our oline and better WR's. Having little to no time to implement the WCO and the 4-3 defense has left us with more holes to fill. Everyone needs to give the new front office and coaching staff a chance to succeed.

I dont care if we had 1 or 12 first rounders.....we need a WR

Im done talking about this...you sit there and rip somebody n then agree with another person who just basically said the same thing

Borrrrrrrinnnngggggg browns fans

Im done talking about this...you sit there and rip somebody n then agree with another person who just basically said the same thing

The fact is, the Browns have invested more heavily in the WR position in the early part of the draft than in any other part of their team over the last 3 years. The breakdown of their investment of 1st and 2d round picks in those 3 years is as follows:

WR three players: Robiskie/MoMass/Little

DL two players: Taylor and Sheard

DB two players: Haden and Ward

OL one player: Mack

LB one player: Veikune

RB one player: Hardesty

So, to all of those who say this team hasn't tried to get playmaker, face the facts: 40% of their most precious commodities have been expended in an attempt to put offensive playmakers on the field. The problem is that these guys haven't worked out real great, not in the effort or investment in obtaining them.

The fact is, the Browns have invested more heavily in the WR position in the early part of the draft than in any other part of their team over the last 3 years. The breakdown of their investment of 1st and 2d round picks in those 3 years is as follows:

WR three players: Robiskie/MoMass/Little

DL two players: Taylor and Sheard

DB two players: Haden and Ward

OL one player: Mack

LB one player: Veikune

RB one player: Hardesty

So, to all of those who say this team hasn't tried to get playmaker, face the facts: 40% of their most precious commodities have been expended in an attempt to put offensive playmakers on the field. The problem is that these guys haven't worked out real great, not in the effort or investment in obtaining them.

really dude, come on. Just any WR or RB dosent mean there a playmaker. Come on I honestly thought you were smarter than that. Or your just caught in in trying to provide stupid useless facts. Robiskie, Mass, and Little are nothing close to playmakers. Get real man

I didn't rip on anyone. I just pointed out that 5 draft picks are better than 1. I felt it was obvious but apparently you still don't get it..

really dude, come on. Just any WR or RB dosent mean there a playmaker. Come on I honestly thought you were smarter than that. Or your just caught in in trying to provide stupid useless facts. Robiskie, Mass, and Little are nothing close to playmakers. Get real man

Oh, we have to draft wr high in the first round to make sure he's a "playmaker"? We drafted three WRs in the second round- odds say we should have hit on one of them, and it's WAY to early to say Greg Little can't develop into one. The guy didn't play a down last year. Nice that you're so certain about him after he's played four stinking games. Massaquoi is certainly at least a serviceable #2 wr. And not just on the Browns, either.

Didya know guys like Ochocinko, Brandon Marshall, Anquan Boldin, and Marquis Colston weren't first round picks? In fact, read this little article I dug up on ESPN- .....WR Riskiest First Round Position .....

Yeah, the Lions busted three times on WRs in the first round until they hit on Calvin Johnson.

The issue is NOT that Phil Taylor is a bad pick.

Put it in relative perspective.

How many NFL teams would have taken Phil Taylor over Julio Jones.

THAT is the discussion point.

It's like when you go to buy a diamond. YOU pay $1,000 and it looks beautiful, your wife loves it and so does eveyone else. hen while getting it cleaned, you hold it up next to a $10,000 stone......... OOOOPS.

That's what happened here, ooops.

THe upside to Julio Jones is 1000 times the upside to the guy we took.

THAT is the essence of the draft. There are no guarantees, BUT, you take the best guy available, ESPECIALLY when your team is devoid of anyone like him.

We gt an F for that pick.

No one is arguing Julio Jones wouldn't have been a good pick for the Browns. However, Ahem, Atlanta gave up the ranch to get him. Phil Taylor for Jones- of course not equal value. If Taylor turns into a Haloti Ngata level stud DT, it will be mighty close though. ESPECIALLY when your team is devoid of anyone like him. And what was the Browns glaring weakness last year? They ranked 27th in the league in rushing defense, just might be the reason Heckert decided stopping other teams from running wild on us was more important than getting ONE scoring threat.

Not only that, we got an additional 4 lotto tickets for the draft crap shoot besides Taylor. Too early to say how Greg Little will develop- but he was drafted at a higher slot than Brandon Marshall. AND we have Atlanta's First and Fourth Round picks next April. In case you didn't realize Justin Blackmon is in that draft, and in 2010 he only caught passes for 1,700 yards and had 20 touchdowns- um he's a better prospect than Julio Jones pal. In fact if he had been in the 2011 Draft, he certainly would have been drafted ahead of Jones, and maybe AJ Green for that matter. Gotta think about more than THIS year- any competent GM sure as hell does.

Are you even F**king reading what I wrote? I said that the Browns have invested heavily in attempting to get "playmakers" here with their picks in the top 2 rounds of the last three drafts. Tell me what is stupid and useless about that fact?

And I also said that these high draft picks of people in "playmaker" positions "haven't worked out that great".

Now, get real and tell me just what the F**K it is about what I said that you disagree with?

How many NFL teams would have taken Phil Taylor over Julio Jonies.

Actually, it is a little more than that. It is "how many NFL teams would have taken Phil Taylor AND whatever the Browns get with Atlanta's first round pick next year" over Julio Jones.

Are you even F**king reading what I wrote? I said that the Browns have invested heavily in attempting to get "playmakers" here with their picks in the top 2 rounds of the last three drafts. Tell me what is stupid and useless about that fact?

And I also said that these high draft picks of people in "playmaker" positions "haven't worked out that great".

Now, get real and tell me just what the F**K it is about what I said that you disagree with?

Exactly what I was trying to tell him. The Lions Drafted wide receivers Charles Rodgers, Roy Williams, and Mike Williams in the first round and got virtually nothing out of them. Does he think Braylon Edwards was worth the Browns #3 overall, getting one decent year out of an ultra premium pick? Edwards was worth a sack of seeds when we shipped him off to the Jets. At least the Browns didn't waste first round picks on the guys we did draft for the position. More than anything, what's killed the Browns (and the Lions for that matter) since 1999 is total whiffs on their first round selections, and I'm not going to repeat the litany of failure again.

AJ Green was the only sure fire wr prospect in the 2011 draft, and the Bengals took him ahead of us. Short attention span probably doesn't remember there were questions about Jones' ability to hold onto the ball coming out of college- and there still are. LOL, what would have been the fans reaction if he had turned into Braylon II? AND in Mr. Jones' case, it's a lot easier to look great if you happen to have a Pro Bowl receiver (Roddy White) playing opposite you. Meaning a bunch of times Julio is going to draw the other teams #2 corner, and probably single coverage on top of it.

Actually, it is a little more than that. It is "how many NFL teams would have taken Phil Taylor AND whatever the Browns get with Atlanta's first round pick next year" over Julio Jones.

Correct. That is the real question- is Phil Taylor and four other picks (including a first rounder) worth Julio Jones? I'd bet a lot of other teams would have said "hell yes", too. To my mind, unless the Falcons win a Super Bowl because of Jones he wasn't worth what they gave up. Those give up the Ranch deals rarely pan out- just ask Mike Ditka for Rickey Williams, or the Hershel Walker trade that set Dallas up for a couple of Super Bowls. :)

Greg Little is going to break a big one next week and this Julio Jones thread will never be heard from again.

Keep getting the ball into the hands of Little, Massaquoi and Cribbs ... and good things will start to happen. The key is for McCoy to hit them on their breaks. It's all timing. Has McCoy had ten starts yet? Little has had four. MoMass missed entire preseason. Cribbs has been hurt, everyone missed the off season ... give this offense and these receivers a chance.

I can't believe there is a TO thread. I'm not even going in there.

Z

Greg Little is going to break a big one next week and this Julio Jones thread will never be heard from again.

Keep getting the ball into the hands of Little, Massaquoi and Cribbs ... and good things will start to happen. The key is for McCoy to hit them on their breaks. It's all timing. Has McCoy had ten starts yet? Little has had four. MoMass missed entire preseason. Cribbs has been hurt, everyone missed the off season ... give this offense and these receivers a chance.

I can't believe there is a TO thread. I'm not even going in there.

Z

so what if they have a good game?! One game they should do something, but i doubt it becuz they can't get seperation from the db's. There too slow.

From the bleacherreport here you go:

"At this point, perhaps the biggest star of the Combine is Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones. He ran the 40 in 4.39 seconds, and also shined with a broad jump of better than 11 feet."

Whats greg littles time? He runs in the 4.51-4.59 range. That sucks

Im tired of repeating myself.........stats don't lie and speed dosent lie

so what if they have a good game?! One game they should do something, but i doubt it becuz they can't get seperation from the db's. There too slow.

"At this point, perhaps the biggest star of the Combine is Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones. He ran the 40 in 4.39 seconds, and also shined with a broad jump of better than 11 feet."

Yeah, Jones is really fast.

But it's not like we traded Little straight up for him. We also got Phil Taylor, a starting fullback, a first rounder and a fourth rounder next year.

Taylor, Little, Maricek, a 1st and a 4th for one real fast guy.

I think we will be the clear winners three or four years from now.

Zombo

I posted it elsewhere- but chew on this. Wow, bleacher report written by fans for fans. Julio Jones is the #2 wr for the Falcons. Fact. So he gets the other teams #2 corner. You following? And take it to the bank, he isn't drawing double coverage most of the time, like his Pro Bowl counterpart Roddy White is.

So here ya go- if speed was all that mattered, Renaldo Nehimiah would be in the Hall of Fame. He ran a sub 4.2 if you're interested.

Hells bells, you think receivers get 10 yards of separation on every stinking play because they're fast? The corners covering them are 4.4 guys for the most part too. Try speed out of your breaks. Try qbs like Manning and Brady that can place a pass so damn accurately that a guy who IS covered can make a play on the ball.

PS Go look up Ray Lewis' combine time and tell me that sucks too- Ditto that for Steve Largent. There's track speed, and football speed.

Jake,

you are fighting a battle against idiots. The same guy who is telling you that Julio JOnes isn't worth a 6th pick overall, most likely cheered using TWO picks to get a slow footed, TE.

Embarassingly, Eric Hieden produced MORE YARDS after the catch than Winslow. But WINSLOW you see, WAS worht two picks at #6, right?

Winslow was a step down from Eric Hieden, who not only played TE, but was the best I ever saw when the field was icy.

I don't see McCoy ever winning America's cup, but the guy has nobody to throw to. You are 100% accurate that we have no offensive weapons. I believe as teh season wears on that shortcomming will kick a lot of optimistic fans in the teeth.

HAd Miami and Indy had even an average QB, the Browns would be 0 - 4 now, YOu know it and so does everyone else.

It is interesting to me, Ghoolie, how you were able to combine Speed Skating, Yacht racing, and football all in the same short post.

As for "what ifs" re the Miami and Indy QBs, just recite yourself all the cliches on "IFs". If pigs had wings they could fly. If my grandmother had a dick she would be my grandad. If IFs and Buts were Candy and Nuts, we would all be crazy.

WTF? This thread is literally insane.

The question isn't "Is Julio Jones good" - nobody ever doubted that he was then and is now. He's a good player, I have him for fantasy.

But the thought process you SHOULD be going over in your head is.. Was the trade we executed for Julio the right move? Frankly, yes: It was the right move then and will prove to be a key move for the future of the Browns franchise.

Taylor, an essential part of the DL, was part of the payment.

Greg Little, a good WR, was part of the payment. Speed isn't the only thing - Little bounces off the majority of CB's in this league because he is a RB. Remember, the difference between a 4.3 and a 4.5 is leaning your head forward about 2 inches. Little doesn't "suck" - you're objectively wrong if you ever think that.

Owen Marecic, the starting FB, was part of the payment.

Next year we get a 1 and a 4 from ATL.

So : We traded a top-30 WR talent for a top-60 in Little, a 320-pound starting DL with Ngata-level quickness, a starting FB, and 2 picks next year. Given the OL this year, I don't think McCoy could have taken advantage of Jones even if we took him instead of the trade. Browns win.

Seriously, shut up about this. Trust the Walrus. Close this thread.

Hmmm so someone just so happens to sign up and start kissing Jake's ass as a genius.... Talks just like Jake.... And as we can see by the timestamps in the quoted posts is online sucking Jakes dick at the EXACT same times Jake is on, sometimes even posting within a minute to agree with himself I mean agree with Jake.... Next time you want to create a ghost account to agree with yourself? Try harder.

Lol thats pretty funny dude.......we sound nothing alike and I have more important things going on in my life to create dummy account. But it was a nice try

WTF? This thread is literally insane.

The question isn't "Is Julio Jones good" - nobody ever doubted that he was then and is now. He's a good player, I have him for fantasy.

But the thought process you SHOULD be going over in your head is.. Was the trade we executed for Julio the right move? Frankly, yes: It was the right move then and will prove to be a key move for the future of the Browns franchise.

Taylor, an essential part of the DL, was part of the payment.

Greg Little, a good WR, was part of the payment. Speed isn't the only thing - Little bounces off the majority of CB's in this league because he is a RB. Remember, the difference between a 4.3 and a 4.5 is leaning your head forward about 2 inches. Little doesn't "suck" - you're objectively wrong if you ever think that.

Owen Marecic, the starting FB, was part of the payment.

Next year we get a 1 and a 4 from ATL.

So : We traded a top-30 WR talent for a top-60 in Little, a 320-pound starting DL with Ngata-level quickness, a starting FB, and 2 picks next year. Given the OL this year, I don't think McCoy could have taken advantage of Jones even if we took him instead of the trade. Browns win.

Seriously, shut up about this. Trust the Walrus. Close this thread.

Your part of the problem here..........nobody on this board can have mature talks, somebody (like you just did) makes a ignorant comment like "shut up about this. Close this thread"

And then its the domino effect everybody going back n forth at eachother. We are already sad enough here in Cleveland guys, lets not show it here on this board for everyone to see.

Go Julio!

Your part of the problem here..........nobody on this board can have mature talks, somebody (like you just did) makes a ignorant comment like "shut up about this. Close this thread"

And then its the domino effect everybody going back n forth at eachother. We are already sad enough here in Cleveland guys, lets not show it here on this board for everyone to see.

Go Julio!

Did I see anyone saying Jones wasn't a good player? Don't think so. But I do think your position "shouldn't have taken the picks and drafted Jones" isn't necessarily the right one either. You're overlooking the fact the Browns were seriously devoid of talent in a lot of areas last spring, not just wr. They were 27th in run defense.

BTW, you're losing credibility if you've already written Greg Little off after four games. You know who else didn't run a 4.4? Jerry Rice. Go look it up if you don't believe me.

And with Atlanta's first rounder and our own next year how can you possibly say we can't make a deal somehow to get Blackmon? So we didn't take your guy THIS YEAR wah, wah, wah.

I also pointed out it's way doubtful Jones would be putting up the kind of numbers he is in Atlanta on the Browns. He'd be constantly double teamed, and draw the opposition's best corner. That isn't happening for the Falcons. The way the Browns offensive line has played the first few weeks, McCoy wouldn't have the time to throw the ball deep to him anyway.

Did I see anyone saying Jones wasn't a good player? Don't think so. But I do think your position "shouldn't have taken the picks and drafted Jones" isn't necessarily the right one either. You're overlooking the fact the Browns were seriously devoid of talent in a lot of areas last spring, not just wr. They were 27th in run defense.

BTW, you're losing credibility if you've already written Greg Little off after four games. You know who else didn't run a 4.4? Jerry Rice. Go look it up if you don't believe me.

And with Atlanta's first rounder and our own next year how can you possibly say we can't make a deal somehow to get Blackmon? So we didn't take your guy THIS YEAR wah, wah, wah.

I also pointed out it's way doubtful Jones would be putting up the kind of numbers he is in Atlanta on the Browns. He'd be constantly double teamed, and draw the opposition's best corner. That isn't happening for the Falcons. The way the Browns offensive line has played the first few weeks, McCoy wouldn't have the time to throw the ball deep to him anyway.

im praying we can get blackmon....ive been saying this

It's like when you go to buy a diamond. YOU pay $1,000 and it looks beautiful, your wife loves it and so does eveyone else. hen while getting it cleaned, you hold it up next to a $10,000 stone......... OOOOPS.

That's what happened here, ooops.

THe upside to Julio Jones is 1000 times the upside to the guy we took.

THAT is the essence of the draft. There are no guarantees, BUT, you take the best guy available, ESPECIALLY when your team is devoid of anyone like him.

We gt an F for that pick.

This is failed logic. We got 5 picks for Julio, not 1. Is Julio the better pick than Taylor, yeah, thats what all the rankings etc said. Is Julio better than the 5 picks we got. Could be if we screw the picks up, but I doubt it will be. If we have a few holes to fix then maybe your argument would hold more validity but we had many many holes to fill. I make that trade every time. BTW the Falcons are a whisper away from being 0-4 that Julio pick is really taking them to the next level. And other than his last game he has been very pedestrian and had a case of the dropsies his impact has been minimal for the Falcons.

well exactly what i was hoping wouldnt happen.......but it was pretty much inevidable. Julio Jones had 11 catches for 127 yds yesterday.

Couldnt believe we passed on this guy. And if anyones doubts this guy get the NFL Ticket and watch him, hes that good.

How many more great players are we going to pass on?

1 catch for 16 yds and left with leg injury. Falcons 2-3 and going to play a game Carolina team next week. You still think the Falcons made the right move?

Archived