THE BROWNS BOARD

Bench Mccoy.....

lodilobo

Im pretty sure I have a little cousin who can bench more than you and she lifts at 105.

"I know you are, but what am I!!??".....MAN!....don't be such a juvenile little prick! I wasn't blasting Mccoy... I was complaining about the play calling and the Oline. I didn't mean to hit a nerve with your infatuation for Colt. Read my post slower and try to think every word out....if you still don't get it, ask your teacher tomorrow morning.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said...they should bench him before he gets killed....I'm sure I've forgotten more about football than you'll ever know....loser.

you call me a loser. its simple. you talk a little shit, I talk a little shit. Im not really too bothered by anything on here. just shooting the breeze and talking. aall in good fun for me. You dont just bench a QB because he's seeing pressure or getting hit alot. You leave him in to work through his progressions and win the game. If the Browns would have pulled McCoy when you said they should have, it would have made no sense. Thats why they left him in the game. Its like they know something you dont.

I have a hard time believing Wallace is worse than noodles. System familiarity, experience reading defenses, much better arm....

This offenses is hard to watch

Everyone already knows Wallace is a career backup. Let colt prove whether he is the guy, or another backup. I like colt, I personally hate Rat Turdmur.

I just think they're trying to fit a square peg into a round hole. Colt proved he was a capable QB last year in Daboll's shit system.

Now we get new people in and a new system and Colt looks awful week after week. I mean, use your heads...it's not a brainbuster. Colt, no matter what it looks like on paper, isnt a fit for this offensive system.

He was a winner in high school and college in the Spread. Not in the WCO. In the WCO, he's a loser.

He was a winner in high school and college in the Spread. Not in the WCO. In the WCO, he's a loser.

Yet he managed to win today.

That scramble by him for the long first down @ 7 mins left in the game was brilliant and probably saved the game.

As much as folks want to hate on him, there's no quit in that kid. He's out there battling and not blaming it on anyone else when he'd be more than justified in doing so.

Oh, and just so we're clear, Colt is on pace for a 2/1 TD/INT ratio this season. Obviously, see how it plays out and all, but he's not doing as awful as people want to claim, especially considering the problems with the O-line, lack of receivers, and absolutely no running game. Hardesty couldn't break 100 yards on 30+ carries? L.O.L.

If I've said it once i've said it a hundred times. Colt isn't the next Manning, and idk if he has a future as an NFL starting QB. But there's ABSOLUTELY O% percent chance with the refusal to slide protection for the blitz and frankly the worst offensive play-calling I've seen in by the browns in 6-7 years for Colt to succeed. I also mean this seriously when i say even Manning would have limited success under this He's making his progressions just fine, but when 3 guys are running routes being covered by 7-8 guys, there's no chance you can complete passes. I actually think half of Colts passes is an understanding that the play isn't there and throwing it away to be honest. Shurmer is in way over his head with both responsibilities. The coach is about 80% more to blame for that garbage offense than the players.

Did he look as bad on TV as he did in person? He missed Jordan Cameron running down field wide open a couple time's. There were alot of big plays down field to be had but he never see's them. He locks onto his primary receiver and if he's not open he panic's. I don't see play calling as the problem at all, its the execution that's killing us. If guys are open (and they are) its the QB's job to find them. On a positive note though, how bout that D. Seattle was inside the 10 with first down and we stop them 3 consecutive plays until a personal foul penalty and they get a first down inside the 5. Then we hold them to a field goal, that was awesome.

Did he look as bad on TV as he did in person? He missed Jordan Cameron running down field wide open a couple time's. There were alot of big plays down field to be had but he never see's them. He locks onto his primary receiver and if he's not open he panic's. I don't see play calling as the problem at all, its the execution that's killing us. If guys are open (and they are) its the QB's job to find them. On a positive note though, how bout that D. Seattle was inside the 10 with first down and we stop them 3 consecutive plays until a personal foul penalty and they get a first down inside the 5. Then we hold them to a field goal, that was awesome.

I'm not just flat-calling you wrong so don't take it that way, but I couldn't disagree with you more about guys being open. Sure guys were and Colt found them then, but that was maybe 30% of the throws. the other 70% was the same garbage play calling where the CB would press and the LB was there to help in the middle.

Im not saying there was guys open every play, there never is. But there were alot of play's that could'a been made that weren't. Being at the game, you get to see the whole field and not just the guy he's throwing to. Many time's he had guy's wide open and doesn't bother to go through the progression to see it and throws to his first read that is double covered.

overall he looked better...

one play that stood out to me. 3rd and 7 i think, cribbs and little run doublt slants to mccoys left. cribbs is 3 yards ahead of little and wide open, little has blanket coverage and just makes a flat out great catch and run to get the extra yards for the 1st.

the int to moore? when he gonna learn he cant beat double coverage by underthrowing his receivers....

still, a little progress is better than none.

Against creampuffs, he puts up numbers. Besides...stats don't tell the story about how bad he's playing....well, the offense as a whole.

We face some good defenses coming up....think he can maintain this pace against trams that can play?

If I've said it once i've said it a hundred times. Colt isn't the next Manning, and idk if he has a future as an NFL starting QB. But there's ABSOLUTELY O% percent chance with the refusal to slide protection for the blitz and frankly the worst offensive play-calling I've seen in by the browns in 6-7 years for Colt to succeed. I also mean this seriously when i say even Manning would have limited success under this He's making his progressions just fine, but when 3 guys are running routes being covered by 7-8 guys, there's no chance you can complete passes. I actually think half of Colts passes is an understanding that the play isn't there and throwing it away to be honest. Shurmer is in way over his head with both responsibilities. The coach is about 80% more to blame for that garbage offense than the players.

Now....this is exactly how I see it. You could put Peyton Manning, Drew Brees, Joe Montana back there, and you would get the same crap. This is not Mccoy's fault.

Not going to judge him 14 games into his career playing for a team well into their second stretch to be in the top three for an all decade worst team

bro its no use. dont try convincing them that their QBs worth backing up after a win. you wont get anywhere.

Didn't u just say he's a winner tho?

He hasn't shown me anything otherwise. Takes an ass whooping and gets back up and the other guys respect him on the team. No one won more games in college then this kid and u wanna bench him without a whole season under his belt. Tim Teabag is starting go root for him. ... Or better yet who should we have drafted or picked up or kept.

i like colt and think he's a winner BUT that doesn't mean he's an nfl qb. yes he's what we've got so we have to play him and he MIGHT become comfortable with this system one of these days.

timcouchpullsout is right though that he played a lot better last year in daboll's shit system and seems to be struggling in this version of the WCO.

the WHOLE of the problem doesn't stem from mccoy but the new offense and it's designers. holmgren set us back another two years. instead of seeing what was good about last year and tweaking it a little. he wanted total control and total recognition as a football wizard and czar, he has to do it his way which no one knows is even viable anymore.

as soon as they said new coach, new system i knew we were fxxked AGAIN for the next three years.

this team struggled against a team most of you said we should blow out. same with cincy. you wanna see a real nfl football team? a championship football team? watch the green bay packers and tell me they would struggle against the seahawks, cincy or oakland? no comparison. WHEN do all you geniuses who are happy with today's win think we'll be able to compete with a team like that? WHEN???

i like colt and think he's a winner BUT that doesn't mean he's an nfl qb. yes he's what we've got so we have to play him and he MIGHT become comfortable with this system one of these days.

timcouchpullsout is right though that he played a lot better last year in daboll's shit system and seems to be struggling in this version of the WCO.

the WHOLE of the problem doesn't stem from mccoy but the new offense and it's designers. holmgren set us back another two years. instead of seeing what was good about last year and tweaking it a little. he wanted total control and total recognition as a football wizard and czar, he has to do it his way which no one knows is even viable anymore.

as soon as they said new coach, new system i knew we were fxxked AGAIN for the next three years.

this team struggled against a team most of you said we should blow out. same with cincy. you wanna see a real nfl football team? a championship football team? watch the green bay packers and tell me they would struggle against the seahawks, cincy or oakland? no comparison. WHEN do all you geniuses who are happy with today's win think we'll be able to compete with a team like that? WHEN???

True but an owner pays u that much money to fix his team why wouldn't u get the guys u want. I don't care if it sets us back five years if it keeps us from decades of frustration and losing

Nobody truely wants to see Colt benched, he's the best we have right now. But just like the WR's and OL, he's gonna get his criticism when he appears to be apart of the problem. You can say its a new offense and this and that, but were's the progress week to week? He's gotta show me he's getting better before I'm gonna say we shouldn't think about looking at QB's next year. I want him to be the guy for the next 10 years, but what has he shown you that says he should be? In this league you need a QB that can win games for you, not just a game manager. And that's all I really see in him, he can't make all the throws, and he doesn't threaten the defense. I see him as a guy that will eat clock with long drives and keep opposing offenses off the field, keep's the game close and gives you a chance to win at the end.

He hasn't shown me anything otherwise. Takes an ass whooping and gets back up and the other guys respect him on the team. No one won more games in college then this kid and u wanna bench him without a whole season under his belt. Tim Teabag is starting go root for him. ... Or better yet who should we have drafted or picked up or kept.

dude...just shut the xxxx up. hasn't shown you anything otherwise? well, he hasn't shown me he's a winner. he can do that by winning, and barely beating hapless teams doesn't go far in making the case.

the closest i came to saying bench him was wondering out loud if wallace could be any worse. im fine with giving him the year so as to prove he can succeed in the league or not. this is not college in case you forgot....his performance there has no bearing or relevance to whether he can win in the NFL. all that does is make a large group of uninformed casual fans like him. take carlos for example...a longhorn homer that has every excuse under the sun as to why colt is struggling, which all pertain to the other 10 players on the offense.

so now that the book is out on colt, his performances are getting worse. take away the short stuff, stop the run. pretty simple game plan to keep the old noodle in check. he's go great intangibles to go with a completely lackluster physique.

Lmao yea cause starting yet another qb controversy is the answer i guess homer. In my opinion we don't need to worry about colt until many more HOTTER fires are delt with first.

With the exception of Wallace who has done nothing but prove he's a career back up who else would u bring in or of keep or drafted?

I wasn't calling out Colt's performance so much as pointing out obvious facts.

He is not looking good in the WCO. We didn't and haven't won because of him, we've won because our defense has stepped up,

I'm not saying he's not a winner, or a fighter or anything of that ilk. I'm simply saying what's obvious.

You guys can stop getting all butthurt any day now.

Archived