THE BROWNS BOARD

Bench Mccoy.....

lodilobo

dude...just shut the xxxx up. hasn't shown you anything otherwise? well, he hasn't shown me he's a winner. he can do that by winning, and barely beating hapless teams doesn't go far in making the case.

the closest i came to saying bench him was wondering out loud if wallace could be any worse. im fine with giving him the year so as to prove he can succeed in the league or not. this is not college in case you forgot....his performance there has no bearing or relevance to whether he can win in the NFL. all that does is make a large group of uninformed casual fans like him. take carlos for example...a longhorn homer that has every excuse under the sun as to why colt is struggling, which all pertain to the other 10 players on the offense.

so now that the book is out on colt, his performances are getting worse. take away the short stuff, stop the run. pretty simple game plan to keep the old noodle in check. he's go great intangibles to go with a completely lackluster physique.

brah I even said that he has made bad reads and passes and that its inexcusable. I could go back and find the thread where I wrote that, to quote it, but thats a lot of work and im watching the Rainjahs play in the World Series. The only real excuse I've made, as to why Colt is doing poorly at any given time is that he doesn't have much protection. He doesnt have playmakers either but im not the first to say that here and ive even said that its more about finding timing and getting reps in with the wideouts and OC than the talent. Rather than make excuses for him, I've tried listing the attributes that make him a good QB. You just have it out for him and you've made it your pet project to find the comments that I post and to refute them. Its cute in a little brother kind of way but also really gay. Thanks for mentioning my name though. . .makes me feel special. Truth is, you need to give your QB time. More than a season, and build around him. He's given you plenty of reasons to support him but you choose to look at the wrong things. That's cool because I know I can't convince you otherwise. You dont look at how he plays the game, you look at the stats and see a bad QB. That's what you see and you're entitled to that. Have you played football? No offense but the way he plays football is what makes me back him up as a QB. I see potential for him to win for the Browns. I know yall have lost a lot, but you dont just shit on a QB who hasn't even gotten a full season under his belt yet.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't care if it sets us back five years if it keeps us from decades of frustration and losing

decades of frustration and losing, yes that's what we've had. five years? how old are you? let;s see we've been promised five year plans from the owner and his lackies for what 30 years now? how many have we actually seen make it past 3 years. so holmgren is the exception? why, exactly?

when I say im not a huge fan, I mean they're not my hometeam. But I've been following the Browns since colt got picked up and I always follow NFL football. Im here for the same reason as everybody else, to chat about browns football. As for the Rangers, well see.

brah I even said that he has made bad reads and passes and that its inexcusable. I could go back and find the thread where I wrote that, to quote it, but thats a lot of work and im watching the Rainjahs play in the World Series. The only real excuse I've made, as to why Colt is doing poorly at any given time is that he doesn't have much protection. He doesnt have playmakers either but im not the first to say that here and ive even said that its more about finding timing and getting reps in with the wideouts and OC than the talent. Rather than make excuses for him, I've tried listing the attributes that make him a good QB. You just have it out for him and you've made it your pet project to find the comments that I post and to refute them. Its cute in a little brother kind of way but also really gay. Thanks for mentioning my name though. . .makes me feel special. Truth is, you need to give your QB time. More than a season, and build around him. He's given you plenty of reasons to support him but you choose to look at the wrong things. That's cool because I know I can't convince you otherwise. You dont look at how he plays the game, you look at the stats and see a bad QB. That's what you see and you're entitled to that. Have you played football? No offense but the way he plays football is what makes me back him up as a QB. I see potential for him to win for the Browns. I know yall have lost a lot, but you dont just shit on a QB who hasn't even gotten a full season under his belt yet.

Carlos, I'm not one of those bury Colt now- he sucks guys. But I am starting to get concerned. You can say he isn't getting adequate protection, but even on his three step drops of late he's been- to put it kindly- wildly erratic. Definitely regressed from last year. His first couple of passes against the Seahawks were bad throws- period.

Not exactly seeing the field well- throwing into coverage when he has someone else wide open. Another what the f*** int, and he would have had two if Little hadn't made a great breakup of another throw that shouldn't have been made.

I've left the most glaring problem for last. Teams are blitzing the hell out of Colt- and he's either not seeing it, or if he is, not checking down into the correct play to beat it. Kosar made a living out of sending a receiver into the area an opposing team was blitzing from, and made them pay dearly for trying it.

Finally, Ponder and Dalton to my mind just have the look (and arm) of an NFL caliber qb. Remains to be seen if Colt can overcome that lack of zip he has on his passes. I hope he can, if Colt fails it sure won't be from lack of effort on his part.

But I've been following the Browns since colt got picked up and I always follow NFL football.

well most of us have followed the browns before they picked up colt not because of it. which means you've trolled here for the last 2 years cuz of colt and his ties to UofT football. that's cool and all. i'm not a colt hater BUT i'm also not a colt blow boy.

i hope he does well=browns do well. it remains to be seen.

just the way you post on this forum sometimes can rub a mfer the wrong way. don't come in here all pompous assed with the texas orange acting like you've got time with THIS team cuz it's obvious you don't. texas football...yeah it's great and all but ohio football ain't half bad either.

I've been following the Browns ever since they came back and I was too young to be following them before they left. 12 whole years buddy and I'll tell you that Colt so far has only shown me that his accuracy has gotten worse. I'll agree he hasn't had a lot of time this year, but on the plays that he has, he has either gotten early happy feet, or he has thrown horribly inaccurate passes while under zero pressure. Compare that to last year when he could throw the ball on a line 20 yards down field just over top the LB's and hit Watson on a dime right in his hands right where he needs it to this year when someone will be running a drag route with his guy beet by a yard and Colt is throwing and hitting his guys on their back shoulders. I hope he fixes it, but if not here comes a 1st round QB pick.

I want him to succeed obviously because if Colt is good, chances are pretty good that the Browns are winning games. It also would allow us to draft other areas of need and not have to worry about QB. All that said, I have concerns that he's just not that good. He's ok and would make a great backup who can come in and play decently in spurts but is not the guy who can carry the team to the playoffs.

I'm hoping he turns it around this year but he does seem to be getting worse as the season goes on instead of better. And if he's not getting worse, he sure as hell isn't getting better.

not a lot of time to write. Omw to school, but as for colt well see how it pans out. Im not trolling anybody, just stating my opinion. The amount of hateration is at precendented levels and its not just for colt its for all levels of the team. But eh.QB needs time to get consistent I keep saying this

decades of frustration and losing, yes that's what we've had. five years? how old are you? let;s see we've been promised five year plans from the owner and his lackies for what 30 years now? how many have we actually seen make it past 3 years. so holmgren is the exception? why, exactly?

because this time around its not a owner who is a "soccer guy" trying to turn a franchise around by picking a highly touted hc and even worse letting a hc hand pick his own gm. MH has done what has needed to be done for decades and that is clear all the dead weight in the front office. Getting a guy to rebuild a franchise from the tippy top down. Not at all a expert on football operations but a tad bit more insight than that the avg Monday qb or keyboard hero that pollute these boards. But i imagine rebuilding a franchise top to bottom takes a little longer than the always promised "three year plan". I can wait as long as its done right.

because this time around its not a owner who is a "soccer guy" trying to turn a franchise around by picking a highly touted hc and even worse letting a hc hand pick his own gm. MH has done what has needed to be done for decades and that is clear all the dead weight in the front office. Getting a guy to rebuild a franchise from the tippy top down. Not at all a expert on football operations but a tad bit more insight than that the avg Monday qb or keyboard hero that pollute these boards. But i imagine rebuilding a franchise top to bottom takes a little longer than the always promised "three year plan". I can wait as long as its done right.

MH had the kohones to tell Jim Brown his services were no longer needed here, so, if he was willing to get rid of The Legend, he will get rid of anyone if he thinks he needs to.

What exactly did Jim brown bring to the table? He's not a coach. To tell ya the truth brown does nothin anymore but bring drama. Besides his legal problems and being quite the racist. Great player yes but what else. Joe Montana was great but his services are not needed in SF. Same with all the great ones. Besides i bet he can still get a decent seat in a luxury box.

What exactly did Jim brown bring to the table? He's not a coach. To tell ya the truth brown does nothin anymore but bring drama. Besides his legal problems and being quite the racist. Great player yes but what else. Joe Montana was great but his services are not needed in SF. Same with all the great ones. Besides i bet he can still get a decent seat in a luxury box.

Idiot. If JBs legal troubles and him being a "racist", do you think Randy Lerner...Mr. Goody Two Shoes, would have put him on his staff for like 10 years. You would have to ask Randy Lerner why JB was on the staff, but as I understand it, he provided significant advice to Lerner on anything from personell to public relations. However, it was MH who felt that those were the sorts of things the HE was responsible for as club President (and he was probably right), so JB no longer had a role.

Idiot. If JBs legal troubles and him being a "racist", do you think Randy Lerner...Mr. Goody Two Shoes, would have put him on his staff for like 10 years. You would have to ask Randy Lerner why JB was on the staff, but as I understand it, he provided significant advice to Lerner on anything from personell to public relations. However, it was MH who felt that those were the sorts of things the HE was responsible for as club President (and he was probably right), so JB no longer had a role.

and.... On the staff for ten years and the team got where? Just cause randy lerner kept him on didn't mean it was beneficial. SIR!!!

all that matters is the W. Browns can still pull out this win. very winnable right now. knock on wood.

You got it Carlos! The win and nothing but the win matters. I will never care what records a team may put up against us, at the end the game we just won I just want the fans of the other team to shut their mouths and take a long, long look at the "SCORE BOARD"!!

Bench Mc Coy and what ? Start Wallace ? He is the same as McCoy. Only his speed is faster and his throws are worse. Here is where I think we should have kept Jake Delhomme.

Let's start the Come Home Delhomme crew! Go Jake! Gotta love the guy, looked great in preseason and really delivered in the regular season. He was a true Browns quarter back.

Let's start the Come Home Delhomme crew! Go Jake! Gotta love the guy, looked great in preseason and really delivered in the regular season. He was a true Browns quarter back.

heh .... i do understand your frustration and respect it, but here me out.

This year the reported flaws for McCoy are -

1. He hangs on the ball to much. Colt supporters say - no it is more to do with the receivers not getting separation.

2. He is unable to spot open receivers and by the time he spots them it is too late. colt supporters say, It has to do with the O-line not giving Colt enough time to throw and the receivers not being ready.

3. Colt has noodle arms. Colt supporters say, the O-line is shitty and colt is always on the run while making the throw.

Both sides are telling the facts and there is no easy way to determine which side is right and which side is wrong. If we had a QB like JD who has a proven arm and is able to achieve success consistently, then we know that perhaps Colt is not the answer -If he too is failing then we know that the problem does not lie with Colt.

the interior OL is getting handled....even Mack didn't look too good against the hawks. this could be the young guards, as Greco came in and the OL solidified a bit. even tho we only scored 6,i thought colt did a much better job overall. accuracy was better, and was stepping into his throws (showed some zip) when the interior held up.

I don't know what you Colt "supporters" have seen to lead you to any optimism. He has been terrible despite not having the numbers to match his awful play. He is young however and has only played 14 games so I also wouldn't give up on him. He misses on throws ALL the time and that is solely on him. WR's can't catch balls thrown nowhere near them and he is getting the balls off so it isn't the O-line. He has been grossly inaccurate and he has a very weak arm. I am hoping the accuracy is just a slump as he was very accurate in college and I hope his arm gets stronger as he continues to work out and get bigger. Those are all what ifs though.

It would be nice to see Hillis come back and play like he did last year to take some of the pressure of Colt, but unfortunately he can't seem to stay healthy.

As far as people saying Manning, Brady, and Montana looking as bad as Colt if they had his playcalling/teammates ... that is an epic fail. A GREAT QB makes every one around him better. If we had Brady or a healthy Manning we are instantly a contender with the rest of this team.

If you don't think so look at the Colts this year with no Peyton. It is very hard in the NFL to be good for a very long time without a franchise QB. If you look at the teams who have made the playoffs on some sort of regular basis for the past decade all have studs at QB (San Diego, Pats, Packers,Colts, Steelers, Eagles)

Best recipe for a SB is a great QB and a great D

jnuh...i didn't want to believe it either,but the interior OL is getting thrown around like rag dolls. after rewatching the seahags game, its obvious the problems it is causing.

pashos and joe are doing a fine job of pushing the ends wide, but the only way that helps is if the interior holds there ground....which is how a pocket is formed. however, pinkston is getting pushed straight back into mccoy half the passing snaps. lauvauo (?) is even worse. when the pocket collaspses, what exactly do you want mccoy to do? you think the protection is adequate when he's got guys in his face during a 3 step drop?

im not absolving noodles of some of the bad play, but if you think its ALL on him then your a dumbass. football is a series of cause and effects. why was he so accurate last year? did he just forget how to stand in the pocket and throw a football? when the OL held and he was able to stand tall,step into his throws, he looked completely different...the throws were accurate,on time,and had zip. if your gonna sit there and contend that every throw is bad and his fault, then its obvious your just not paying attention. you know better than that.

he's got tight windows to throw into, but the receivers are getting separation....just not alot. we do not regularly have guy running wide open, but when we do he often misses them. having some passing lanes may help this, but that will come with better OL play. most OL have half a foot on colt, so he's only seeing a portion of the field. and im sure this doesn't help either......

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/27/SPNM1LMMEN.DTL

we're young...these are the growing pains of a young team. if youre willing to give the other players slack for making rookiemistakes,you samn well better give it to colt as well. read back in this thread and you'll see where i was blasting him, but start laying the blame on the team and not one man.

jnuh...i didn't want to believe it either,but the interior OL is getting thrown around like rag dolls. after rewatching the seahags game, its obvious the problems it is causing.

pashos and joe are doing a fine job of pushing the ends wide, but the only way that helps is if the interior holds there ground....which is how a pocket is formed. however, pinkston is getting pushed straight back into mccoy half the passing snaps. lauvauo (?) is even worse. when the pocket collaspses, what exactly do you want mccoy to do? you think the protection is adequate when he's got guys in his face during a 3 step drop?

im not absolving noodles of some of the bad play, but if you think its ALL on him then your a dumbass. football is a series of cause and effects. why was he so accurate last year? did he just forget how to stand in the pocket and throw a football? when the OL held and he was able to stand tall,step into his throws, he looked completely different...the throws were accurate,on time,and had zip. if your gonna sit there and contend that every throw is bad and his fault, then its obvious your just not paying attention. you know better than that.

he's got tight windows to throw into, but the receivers are getting separation....just not alot. we do not regularly have guy running wide open, but when we do he often misses them. having some passing lanes may help this, but that will come with better OL play. most OL have half a foot on colt, so he's only seeing a portion of the field. and im sure this doesn't help either......

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2011/10/27/SPNM1LMMEN.DTL

we're young...these are the growing pains of a young team. if youre willing to give the other players slack for making rookiemistakes,you samn well better give it to colt as well. read back in this thread and you'll see where i was blasting him, but start laying the blame on the team and not one man.

While I think your a fking douche, you're spot on with the assessment of the o line. Any qb would have an issue throwing on this team. We can't even run the ball to mix it up or give him a break. In the highlights video McCoy had protection and a back that could pick up yards.

And this usually happens for those teams overnight. Or take the Redskins route and sign 30 free agents.

Only a Browns fan would be bitching that their pussy hurts, for being 3-3.

I wasn't bitching that we are 3-3 ... But we are 3-3 because we beat 3 teams with a total of 2 combined wins. It isn't like we are beating even decent teams.

I was bitching because McCoy has been "blah" to say the least. He hasn't showed much at all this entire season. And he doesn't seem to be on his way to being a franchise QB. If you guys want to continue to blame everyone else on the offense though have fun. I just feel that if he was gonna be a great QB you would atleast see glimpses of that here and there. Instead we see a guy who can't hit the side of a barn.

It just seems like some of you who are so pro Colt just make excuses for him regardless to what he is actually doing. Right now he sucks there is no other way to look at it. Maybe that will change down the line and I hope it does. Right now though he is in the bottom 5 of starting QBs in this league.

I wasn't bitching that we are 3-3 ... But we are 3-3 because we beat 3 teams with a total of 2 combined wins. It isn't like we are beating even decent teams.

I understand what you are saying, but I still hate this argument. Would you have rather had the Browns lose to the 3 teams with a combined 2-17 record? Then we would be worse, right? The NFL isn't like college football. Record is all that matters in determining standings. Only one of the last few tiebreakers takes strength of schedule into effect (and the following year's draft picks).

McCoy hasn't looked great. Accuracy is supposed to be his strength and he has been very inaccurate so far. But I am willing to watch him start an entire season before I call him a bust..

Archived