THE BROWNS BOARD

Bench Mccoy.....

lodilobo

I understand what you are saying, but I still hate this argument. Would you have rather had the Browns lose to the 3 teams with a combined 2-17 record? Then we would be worse, right? The NFL isn't like college football. Record is all that matters in determining standings. Only one of the last few tiebreakers takes strength of schedule into effect (and the following year's draft picks).

McCoy hasn't looked great. Accuracy is supposed to be his strength and he has been very inaccurate so far. But I am willing to watch him start an entire season before I call him a bust..

I 100% agree I rather win those games then lose them. And I feel like beating teams you "should" beat is a huge step in the right direction. All I was getting at is don't get excited and think we are a good team because we are .500 because the only reason we are .500 is because we beat 3 teams who are terrible. And in those 3 wins it isn't like we dominated we struggled in 2 of them and could have easily lost them.

As far as McCoy I am not willing to prematurely say he is a bust just yet. I really hope he pans out. I just don't see anything in him as of yet. All I am saying is he looks terrible and is a bottom 5 QB. That is just the sad reality of it. Granted the O-line/playcalling isn't helping ... but if he were good he would still make plays. Maybe not on a consistent basis but here and there. And most importantly he would overcome the obstacles that are being thrown his way. Life has delt Colt lemons and he ain't making lemonade...He instead is making low completion percentage pie. The only thing that keeps me even a little bit optimistic is how bad Brees was in his first couple of years.

I wouldn't bench him because we don't have anyone better. I really want us to have a real QB though because that is the number one way in this league to win consistently.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And this usually happens for those teams overnight. Or take the Redskins route and sign 30 free agents.

Only a Browns fan would be bitching that their pussy hurts, for being 3-3.

I never said it has to happen over night. But in 12 years we have fielded neither dominate D or a franchise QB. I feel like the D is on a very good track right now. And this front office is doing a great job via the draft. And as badly as I want the franchise QB I would still rather see them add 3 defensive players to this team in Aprils draft with our 2 first rounders and our second. CB, LB, and either another LB or DE. If we get as good of players as we have been getting in the first 2 rounds the last 2 years we will have very tough D. And it could potentially cover up how bad the O is.

I never said it has to happen over night. But in 12 years we have fielded neither dominate D or a franchise QB. I feel like the D is on a very good track right now. And this front office is doing a great job via the draft. And as badly as I want the franchise QB I would still rather see them add 3 defensive players to this team in Aprils draft with our 2 first rounders and our second. CB, LB, and either another LB or DE. If we get as good of players as we have been getting in the first 2 rounds the last 2 years we will have very tough D. And it could potentially cover up how bad the O is.

I'm calling it right now. McCoy is going to have a good game so everyone will just shut the fook up already.

Browns 17 - 69er's 13

I'm calling it right now. McCoy is going to have a good game so everyone will just shut the fook up already.

Browns 17 - 69er's 13

I hope so ... but I still won't let the 1 good game cloud my thoughts of the 6 bad games

He's a low 3rd round pick....why exactly are u expecting Tom Brady?

He has shown glimpses...u just choose to ignore them

Brady was a 7th round pick.

He showed glances last year. He has shown next to nothing this year.

Hint: Go look at the Browns' first drive, when Colt fumbled..

Now, think -

why didn't Colt wait for three or four seconds to throw the ball way, way downfield?????

Take your time. Clear your mind, then rerun that play, oh, maybe seventeen times...

I'm sure you will get the right answer.

well, maybe....

I am starting to agree with the OP.... I might bench him just to let him know he looks like complete shit right now and needs to step his game up.

Shurmurs calling is dumb as xxxx also he can't call a deep route to save his xxxxing life.

They showed the stat during the game. 24 dropped passes makes that 1st in the NFL, compared to ALL of last year when they had 22. Looking back I actually thought the receivers were bad last year and it couldn't possibly get any worse. Well ZERO attempt to sign a WR and trading away a prime opportunity to sign Julio Jones has completely backfired in our front office's face. If I were Colt I'd be coming up with "injuries" to go sit on the sideline with White Lebron.

so, in reading another board, i stumbled onto a thread where the following was mentioned.....wanna see what comes to mind when you read this section taken from:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2011/10/despite_dreams_of_making_big_p.html

Cribbs on his score: Josh Cribbs finally talked McCoy into a pass against split-safety coverage -- and it went for the 45-yard touchdown.

"I was asking for it all game," said Cribbs. "I told that the coverage they were playing, they were not getting wide enough on his cover 2. All game I told Colt, 'trust me!' And he said, 'if I throw it over, you better catch it.' It was really dramatic at that point.

"I said, 'if you throw it over there, I'm going to score!' And he did. He had faith in me. Even though I wasn't his first read, he threw it to his playmaker. I commend him for that."

McCoy admitted Cribbs wasn't in the progression against that defense, but once he launched the ball, "I thought it was a touchdown."

Archived