THE BROWNS BOARD

Colts Days As A Starter Should Be Over.

Jibz

I am not interested in Tannehill, or Weeden, or even Osweiler at this point....not unless these guys are around in the 4th round.

Does the QB play on this team need to improve? No doubt.

But that is about 10th on the priority list. More vital to this team is the improvement needed at

WR

RT

OLB

OLB

FS

SS

RB

RG

DE

FB

Some of the improvement in these position may come from the current occupants, like Owen Marcic at FB, Shaun Lauvao at RG, maybe an Eric Hagg or Buster Skrine...but they need at least 4 solid starters out of this draft, and one of them is not QB.

I am looking for the Browns to take either Austin Davis or BJ Coleman, or Ryan Lindley, or Nick Foles in like the 5th round.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I agree with you, I'm also not dumb. If my Dad came to my work to make a big scene and I was as unimpressive as McCoy was all year, I would be a complete dullard to think I could walk through the door and everything is cool. No matter what my boss did. Whether its right or not, his dad was probably the final nail.

Well, his Dad has been watching him play since 7th grade. Thought he was going to be a superstar and is now going to blame everyone and everything except his son's lack of NFL talent.

How can u say FB is more vital than QB?

I am saying that, at least for now the QB position is in more seemingly competent hands than the FB position and that the performance at the FB position has further to go to improve than does the QB position, not necessarily that the FB position is more critical.

That doesn't mean that I am in favor of drafting another FB (and I would hope that H&H don't use resources on the FB position). I want Marecic to play up to his level of expectation, considering that the Browns drafted him with an asset that was almost as valuable as the one they used to get their QB.

Marecic was the 124th overall pick in the 2011 draft. McCoy was no 85.

But I also note that having outstanding fullback play would have helped this offense last year, and certainly would help it going forward.

And you bring up a philosophical question: given the relative "importance" of the FB in the NFL today, should any team ever draft one higher that say the third or 4th round? CBS Sports ranks the best two Fullbacks in the 2012 draft as only being the 171st and 195th overall best players in this draft. Thus, the Browns having drafted a fullback at #124 have taken someone that should be expected to be the best of the best at his given position, relative to others. In fact, in checking, it appears that not a single fullback per se was drafted in the entire 2010 draft, though it is possible that some FBs may have been mislabeled as RBs.

Point being: Owen Marecic may be the highest drafted player at his position in 2 years..

• 3 weeks later...

Just nice to know wont have to be subjected to a no talent player like Colt! What a relief I thought we were going to have another year of toe ball colts favorite place to throw the ball.

Archived