THE BROWNS BOARD

Luck, Kalil, & Claiborne Are Gone... Is Rgiii Your Pick?

Cobra Kai

Luck, Kalil, & Claiborne are gone... Is RGIII your pick?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Luck, Kalil, & Claiborne are gone... Is RGIII your pick?

• Yes. I pick RGIII, and I don't look back.
    • No. Instead, I would... (pick _____; trade down; etc.)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

believe me, they'll be another list of qbs in 2013 that everybody will be slobering over. b]

Well lets take a look whos out there you think Barkley??

Tyler Wilson? Tyler Bray?

I would not select anyone of these guys over Griffin.

Give me one Prospect you like better

You kinda missed my point. Yes they both run a spread, and yes RG3 obviously performed better. But my point is I feel Jones is better suited for the pro game under center. He's a classic big armed, tall, pocket passer. He doesn't fit the spread offense the way its run in college. QB's that excel in college by making plays with there feet rarely succeed in the NFL. Whether they have a big arm or not. They either get hurt, or cant read defenses because they didn't have to in college..ex Mike Vick. Thats just my opinion, I've been wrong before and if we draft him I'll get behind him and hope he breaks the trend. But I'd rather not take that risk with that high of a pick.

Jones may look the part but he doesn't have the correct mentality to be a successful QB. Every OU fan has wanted Jones benched in favor of the Bell-dozer (he's basically Tebow except he really can't throw for shit. He makes Tebow look like Dan Marino) Jones looks good against weak opponents but once you put him out there against an even mediocre opponent he gets those happy feet and throws pick after backbreaking pick. If Jones has an ounce of intelligence he'll stay at OU for another year and pray to God that all he plays are cupcakes next year (which he won't). Bradford is the only decent QB to come out of OU in the Bob Stoops era and as far as I'm concerned Jones has no shot whatsoever at changing that. If he does come out this year the highest pick I'd be willing to spend on him is a third rounder at best. I've seen at least 90% of the game he's played at OU and while I'm no talent scout by any stretch, he doesn't have that killer instinct, moxie, whatever you want to call it to be a big time NFL starting QB. If I'm taking a QB high in the draft he better be one clutch s.o.b and I've never, ever seen or gotten that vibe from Jones.

Well lets take a look whos out there you think Barkley??

Tyler Wilson? Tyler Bray?

I would not select anyone of these guys over Griffin.

Give me one Prospect you like better

hell, i don't know. right now i don't care. all i know is we need like 12 picks to swap out some of these guys who can't play and people want to use the best pick on a position that we have someone who can do the job. not spectacularly BUT when you need so many other things why not wait another year? the dude (mccoy) played pretty good last year and if not for a new system and a doofus HC no right side OL help no running game receivers that drop the ball............who knows what he could have done.

back to your point: no i wouldn't pick any of those guys over griffin either. BUT i guarantee you this time next year they'll be some guy everyone is touting to be the second coming of tebow as well. wait and see.

\

back to your point: no i wouldn't pick any of those guys over griffin either. BUT i guarantee you this time next year they'll be some guy everyone is touting to be the second coming of tebow as well. wait and see.

You could be right but most of the QBs including Griffin people knew about last year, so most GMs do scout for future drafts as well as the current drafts to see if you dont take a Franchise QB this year who could be there next and would you even get a chance at taking him...You never know if we will be able to draft high enough next year to land a Franchise QB, and even still if we did how do they compare to Griffin and Luck...These two to me are the best Two QBs to come out in a little while

Only difference is if you watch the way Griffin plays you see he never really wants to tuck the ball and run, he is a pocket passer before he is a scrambler..He rarely ever takes off unless he absoultely has to,as far as big arm he may have the biggest arm out of any QB in this draft,from watching tape i would say he has the quickest release out of all the other QBs even Luck....I do think he will be a good NFL QB and if the Browns take him i will be behind him just like i still am with McCoy, i can understand the thoughts he might bust but i would say he has just as good a chance of being an All Pro QB as Luck....

This is coming from someone who isnt high on drafting QBs and starting over but i feel that after the combine that this more than likely could be a mute point because Griffin wont be there with the 4th pick

I just don't see him reading defenses, and he's gonna have to at the next level. What I've seen of him, he stares down his primary receiver, if he's not open he doesn't look to his 2nd or 3rd read. He either waits till his primary gets open or he immediately scambles around to bye time and then finds somebody. He never stands in the pocket and goes through his reads.

Watch this game against Oklahoma and tell me how many times he stands in the pocket and goes through a progression and then watch Landry Jones

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcaJ-xqVwcc

I just don't see him reading defenses, and he's gonna have to at the next level. What I've seen of him, he stares down his primary receiver, if he's not open he doesn't look to his 2nd or 3rd read. He either waits till his primary gets open or he immediately scambles around to bye time and then finds somebody. He never stands in the pocket and goes through his reads.

Watch this game against Oklahoma and tell me how many times he stands in the pocket and goes through a progression and then watch Landry Jones.

Your video is 3 hours long, dude. It's the whole fucking game.

Really? :huh:

Thanks for the heads-up, but uhhh... I guess I'll get back to you in a couple days, m'kay?

I voted "No" only because "Hell No" was not an option.

If Luck and Blackmon are gone, I trade down...

The only other player at this point that would tempt me at #4 is Richardson, but I'm uneasy about his longevity prospects.

Your video is 3 hours long, dude. It's the whole fucking game.

Really? :huh:

Thanks for the heads-up, but uhhh... I guess I'll get back to you in a couple days, m'kay?

LOL it is long, but it gives you a better concept of whats happening than just a highlight video.

I just got done watching the entire thing myself, and I'll tell you what, based on that game I wouldn't be upset at all with Jones at 4. But I'm going to have to watch a few more games to reassure me. If we could trade down into the 10-15 range and still get Jones I would be ecstatic.

LOL it is long, but it gives you a better concept of whats happening than just a highlight video.

I just got done watching the entire thing myself, and I'll tell you what, based on that game I wouldn't be upset at all with Jones at 4. But I'm going to have to watch a few more games to reassure me. If we could trade down into the 10-15 range and still get Jones I would be ecstatic.

You make any decision on that game it should be to take RGIII. He put up crazy numbers against Oklahoma who has a fairly good defense. Jones put up numbers against Baylor, one of the worst defenses in college football. I don't know how you watch someone tear up a good defense and someone do less against a very very bad defense and pick the later guy.

Jones certainly didn't do less, he had a couple key drops that hit guys in the hands. Threw 2 bad passes the entire game.

RG3 threw deep to wide open receivers a couple times and got a touchdown tipped ball over the middle. The guys good in a gimmick offense, he's not gonna have wide open receivers running deep 10 times a game in the NFL, hell he missed to wide open TD's. He's gonna have to read defenses, and he showed zero ability to do that.

Jones certainly didn't do less, he had a couple key drops that hit guys in the hands. Threw 2 bad passes the entire game.

RG3 threw deep to wide open receivers a couple times and got a touchdown tipped ball over the middle. The guys good in a gimmick offense, he's not gonna have wide open receivers running deep 10 times a game in the NFL, hell he missed to wide open TD's. He's gonna have to read defenses, and he showed zero ability to do that.

Sounds more nit picky than anything. Ok and Baylor run the same gimmick offense. The only difference is that both QB's put up the same numbers but one did it against a good defense and the other against a horrible defense. Shit it's also right after Bowl games. I'm sure if he is as horrible as you claim people will call him out and he will drop like a rock. But I doubt he does cause i doubt he is as bad as you are trying to claim he is.

Baylor runs an option style one read offense, Oklahoma's spread requires Landry to go through reads. So they don't really run the same offense...Watch the game, then tell me I'm a liar. I don't see how anyone can watch that game and not see a gimmick system quarterback.

I'm not calling you a liar I'm calling you a miss informed fan who sees what he wants. Human nature to not want to like someone and to find anything wrong with them while also covering up other people problems. I can take the Fiesta Bowl tonight and just run off reasons why Luck and Blackmon won't be good even though everything I saw just screamed future pro bowlers.

He doesn't read defenses, and doesn't have to go through progressions. Most of his scores are on 75 yard bombs. That doesn't work in the NFL. Nothing misinformed about that. Though's are key factors in NFL success, thats not nit-picking little things. Either you can do it and be successful or you can't and will be a failure.

He doesn't read defenses, and doesn't have to go through progressions. Most of his scores are on 75 yard bombs. That doesn't work in the NFL. Nothing misinformed about that. Though's are key factors in NFL success, thats not nit-picking little things. Either you can do it and be successful or you can't and will be a failure.

The Browns WR core isn't being built for bombs either. More like 5-7 yard passes and YAC guys like Little. I see RGIII as a faster Jeff Blake. Somebody will buy the bs on the guy though.

I see RGIII as a faster Jeff Blake.

Jeff Blake was a quarterback at E. Carolina for one... ONE... year. His ONLY year pass completion percentage was 55.2%.

55.2%

Now, moving right along, RG3's final year pass completion percentage... (well, it was close...) was 72.4%.

72.4%.

Soooo, you think that's the same... right? Same kind of passing efficiency?

Gee... I just can't figure out what reason you would apparently randomly compare Jeff Black... I MEAN BLAKE... 'scuse me...

... why you would say RG3 is just a faster Jeff Black... I MEAN BLAKE! Blake! You're not a racist dickbrain who only sees black skin, at all! Dammit! Why would I even think that?! Shit!

Thanks for showing us all how much of a stupid racist you are. Nah... race didn't play AAAANY factor into your dumbshit statement... at all. No way. Uh-uh. Not a chance.

Jeff Blake was a quarterback at E. Carolina for one... ONE... year. His ONLY year pass completion percentage was 55.2%.

55.2%

Now, moving right along, RG3's final year pass completion percentage... (well, it was close...) was 72.4%.

72.4%.

Soooo, you think that's the same... right? Same kind of passing efficiency.

Gee... I just can't figure out what reason you would apparently randomly compare Jeff Black... I MEAN BLAKE... 'scuse me...

... why you would say RG3 is just a faster Jeff Black... I MEAN BLAKE! Blake! You're not a racist dickbrain who only sees black skin, at all! Dammit! Why would I even think that?! Shit!

Thanks for showing us all how stupid you are. Nah... race didn't play AAAANY factor into your dumbshit statement... at all. No way. Uh-uh. Not a chance.

ok. we get it, you love rg3.

now can you get off his big BLACK cock already?

ok. we get it, you love rg3.

now can you get off his big BLACK cock already?

1.) Fuck yeah! Who the hell wouldn't want that level of play and ceiling and firepower on our dogshit of an offense? Are you saying you don't??? If you are, then I guess only a gumball, like you, would say crap like that.

2.) I objected to the comparison of RG3 to Jeff fucking Blake. Again... if you aren't... only a Scooby, like you, would say shit like that. :rolleyes:

Pfft...

P.S.

Andrew Luck is my first choice at QB... butthole. Zong! ;)

This is so tough. I would be happy with RG3. He is the poster pick face of a franchise guy. Speed, Talent, Arm. His frame scares me a little. Blackmon looks great, as long as his ego isn't as big as his talent. We need to short up our OL and I think we need a stud Linebacker.

Unless we make a play for Holmes, I would go with

1st pick Blackmon

1st #2 Michael Floyd

And I would take a flier on Case Keenum, don't know where he is projected. I am also not sold on Greg Little yet....that's why I took two WR in first.

EDIT

I picked No in the poll. We can get more playmakers in the 1st and still get a QB later. Matt Flynn is also an option in FA

As I've said I would care if we drafted RGIII or if we stuck with Colt cause I know that someone more knowledgeable that both you me and this entire board combined is making the decision. What pisses me off is that you are clamoring for Jones based off a game where he put up big numbers in and also gimmicky offense against the worst defense in college football.

"As luck would have it", fortunately for Andrew, he's not condemned to the fate that is being a first-round QB draft pick for them stains.

Nothing spells career hell than being a contending prospect drafted high by Cleveland.

Yinz wrecked the career of Tim Couch, Brady Queen and fortunately for Luck, he'll land with a franchise (likely Indy) that will maximize his potential.

Head coaches are in the same boat which is probably why the stains look the other way when performing background checks on coaching prospects.

"WE" wrecked their careers? As in Browns fans, Browns front office? What?

I think each of those guys made a wreck of their own careers.

Are you truly this unknowledgeable?

I suppose that Steeler fans "wrecked" the careers of Mark Malone and Bubby Brister and Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox....or maybe they just weren't very good.

"As luck would have it", fortunately for Andrew, he's not condemned to the fate that is being a first-round QB draft pick for them stains.

Nothing spells career hell than being a contending prospect drafted high by Cleveland.

Yinz wrecked the career of Tim Couch, Brady Queen and fortunately for Luck, he'll land with a franchise (likely Indy) that will maximize his potential.

Head coaches are in the same boat which is probably why the stains look the other way when performing background checks on coaching prospects.

"WE" wrecked their careers? As in Browns fans, Browns front office? What?

I think each of those guys made a wreck of their own careers.

Are you truly this unknowledgeable?

I suppose that Steeler fans "wrecked" the careers of Mark Malone and Bubby Brister and Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox....or maybe they just weren't very good.

And Huey Richardson. Steelers fans like to forget about their 15th pick in the draft that wasn't on the team the following season.

1.) Fuck yeah! Who the hell wouldn't want that level of play and ceiling and firepower on our dogshit of an offense? Are you saying you don't??? If you are, then I guess only a gumball, like you, would say crap like that.

2.) I objected to the comparison of RG3 to Jeff fucking Blake. Again... if you aren't... only a Scooby, like you, would say shit like that. :rolleyes:

Pfft...

P.S.

Andrew Luck is my first choice at QB... butthole. Zong! ;)

can i be a scooby butthole gumball? is it physically possible? love that word zong cuz it rhymes with bong.

hey we'll be 'lucky' to see any of the big offensive threats at no. 4 after blackmon put up a game like he did last night.

Archived