THE BROWNS BOARD

Mike Wallace?

Nw220

Is this postive feedback from a Steeler fan, damn whats the world coming to....Great input

Great input, yes. But, I am still confused about the concept that the Browns would have to give up either of their two first round picks if they took Wallace as a FA.

Perhaps that is the difference between a "restricted" and an unrestricted FA.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How the hell can you put a rookie in the HOF? He hasn't even hit the combine and plenty have flaked out in the pros that excelled in college. If you ask me a WR had to be ridiculously elite to be drafted inside the top 5.

And, of course, two words of caution: Braylon Edwards. #3 overall.

Perhaps that is the difference between a "restricted" and an unrestricted FA.[/color]

yup. RFA can be tendered....UFA cannot. the major change was that the highest tender is no longer a 1st and 3rd, now its just a first. but it has to be "your" first, meaning our pick from atlanta cannot be used to acquire wallace. its would take our 4th overall...

I'm not sure the Steelers would have a choice. If they don't match the offer the Browns would give to Wallace, they get the Browns 1st round draft choice.

However, I don't think the Browns have the option as to which one they give. I think they HAVE to give up their OWN first rounder, so the #4 overall.

I'm not sure the Steelers would have a choice. If they don't match the offer the Browns would give to Wallace, they get the Browns 1st round draft choice.

However, I don't think the Browns have the option as to which one they give. I think they HAVE to give up their OWN first rounder, so the #4 overall.

I love Mike Wallace but I'd take the 4 overall for him in a heart beat. I sincerely doubt he goes anywhere. He'll get a long term deal but he's definitely not going to get tagged. He's not a 9.4 million a year kind of receiver at this juncture AND he wouldn't fit under the cap. Ben and Harrison are supposedly going to restructure and Omar Khan is a Genius so the Steelers will be fine. As of right now I'm hoping we trade up to draft DeCastro and get Kemo the hell off our roster.

I'm really hoping we get Garcon...he is just on all around good player with good roots that I think would fit well here. He runs great after the catch and has pretty good hands. I think we could outbid Indy for him...plus he has a bit of an Ohio connection so he may give us a second look. I don't think any of the other top tier WR would even give us a second look.

I'm really hoping we get Garcon...he is just on all around good player with good roots that I think would fit well here. He runs great after the catch and has pretty good hands. I think we could outbid Indy for him...plus he has a bit of an Ohio connection so he may give us a second look. I don't think any of the other top tier WR would even give us a second look.

Be careful who you proclaim that you'd like the Browns to get this offseason, as there is a lynch mob around here gunning for anyone that isn't bowing down to RG3... :wacko:

But, I would support anybody that would help us make the playoffs and earn us some respect.

I think that it is funny that so many would like to take a Steelers reject with our first rounder but wouldn't like to have a Stud runningback... :blink: it just blows my mind...

I think that it is funny that so many would like to take a Steelers reject with our first rounder but wouldn't like to have a Stud runningback... :blink: it just blows my mind...

The only reason he'd ever be a steeler reject is if we can't afford to keep him.

Be careful who you proclaim that you'd like the Browns to get this offseason, as there is a lynch mob around here gunning for anyone that isn't bowing down to RG3... :wacko:

But, I would support anybody that would help us make the playoffs and earn us some respect.

Really? Coming from the Charter Member of the Trent Richardson Club? Forking hypocrite. Sorry if you're in D-Nile about the facts Jack. At this point not you or anyone else has any idea as to who would help the Browns more. And you're not the guy sending the slip up to Goodell with the message "with the fourth pick in the NFL Draft the Browns select _____." Neither am I for that matter.

If Kendall Wright turns out to be as good as Wallace, that would be amazing for whoever gets him. I don't think that giving up the #4 for Wallace is worth it (I don't think drafting Blackmon at #4 is worth it either). But if the choice was the 22 for Wallace (vs. drafting Wright or Floyd or any other WR), I'd do that in a second.

Kendall Wright doesn't really have the potential to be better than Mike Wallace in my opion. He's atleast 3 inches shorter than Mike Wallace. Speed receivers come with limitations as is, doesn't help that he's sub 6 foot.

No Browns fan or FO in their right mind would trade a rotten olive to the squeelers for anybody..

The off-season apparently knows no bounds of reason. Savage IS long gone, you know....

yeah...cause discounting a really good player because he's from a rival is why....well....the browns are the browns. good to hear your not willing to upgrade the team if his previous destination doesn't suit you.

The problem is the cost for me, too much, no thanks.

lol I wouldn't give the #4 for him if it means we get RGIII (or trade up for Luck). The only receiver I would give up that for would be a young Randy Moss.

What % of QBs taken in the top 5 pan out? Granted, with the way salaries are structured now, a miss doesn't set a team back as much as it use to but I will still take the WR that has played at an AllPro level heading into his 4th year over an unproven rookie QB.

If you can get Mike Wallace, you get him. I would have no problem giving the #4 for him instead of taking an unknown commodity. The guys on here saying they wouldn't take him because he is a Steeler are just being idiotic.

while the people saying they wouldn't take him because he'd be a former Steeler are just morons. But so are the guys saying they'd give up the 4th overall pick to the Steelers for him.

Tell you what, if the browns organization was STUPID enough to pull the trigger on this i'd pack Wallace's bags for him and drive him into down town cleveland myself to drop him gift wrapped at your stadium. LAUGHING MY ASS OFF the whole way.

god do i pray this would happen.

while the people saying they wouldn't take him because he'd be a former Steeler are just morons. But so are the guys saying they'd give up the 4th overall pick to the Steelers for him.

Tell you what, if the browns organization was STUPID enough to pull the trigger on this i'd pack Wallace's bags for him and drive him into down town cleveland myself to drop him gift wrapped at your stadium. LAUGHING MY ASS OFF the whole way.

You people value draft picks way too much. It isn't as if Wallace is old, he hasn't even entered his prime yet. I'd give a 4th in a heart beat.

What % of QBs taken in the top 5 pan out? Granted, with the way salaries are structured now, a miss doesn't set a team back as much as it use to but I will still take the WR that has played at an AllPro level heading into his 4th year over an unproven rookie QB.

Do the research and tell us.

Whattaya know, we agree on something. Talent is talent, what difference does it make who someone used to play for. Bill Nelsen used to be a Steeler, but became a Brown and had some very succesful years. Matt Bahr used to be a Steeler, but then became a Brown and had some very successful years. I suspect there are some more recent examples.

If Wallace is a FA and he can be gotten at a reasonable price, get him...but not at the expense of the #4 pick.

Whattaya know, we agree on something. Talent is talent, what difference does it make who someone used to play for. Bill Nelsen used to be a Steeler, but became a Brown and had some very succesful years. Matt Bahr used to be a Steeler, but then became a Brown and had some very successful years. I suspect there are some more recent examples.

If Wallace is a FA and he can be gotten at a reasonable price, get him...but not at the expense of the #4 pick.

Most recent example of signing a player from a rival team that has done well for us is Steinbach.

Do the research and tell us.

Top 5 QB picks in the last 15 years ......

Worth the pick (Studs)

Newton

Stafford

E.Manning

Rivers

P. Manning

Solid but not great (Solid starters)

Ryan

Palmer

Vick

McNabb

Maybe Bradford

Bad picks but not busts (still hanging around)

Sanchez

Alex Smith

Leftwich

Busts

Russell

Young

Carr

Harrington

Couch

A.Smith

Leaf

So really just 25% were worth a top 5 pick. Yeah, I would be okay with trading away a 1 in 4 shot for a sure-fire stud wr. Hopefully we won't have to but it wouldn't be the bad move that some of you are making it out to be.

Top 5 QB picks in the last 15 years ......

Worth the pick (Studs)

Newton

Stafford

E.Manning

Rivers

P. Manning

Solid but not great (Solid starters)

Ryan

Palmer

Vick

McNabb

Maybe Bradford

Bad picks but not busts (still hanging around)

Sanchez

Alex Smith

Leftwich

Busts

Russell

Young

Carr

Harrington

Couch

A.Smith

Leaf

So really just 25% were worth a top 5 pick. Yeah, I would be okay with trading away a 1 in 4 shot for a sure-fire stud wr. Hopefully we won't have to but it wouldn't be the bad move that some of you are making it out to be.

YOu listed Smith twice, plus, I don't think Couch was a bust. People don't understand the difficulty he was put under, and the fact that he took the team from being something only on paper to the playoffs. Certainly Bradford cannot be said to be better than Couch at this point....though obviously it is still early in Bradford's career. The same is true for Newton. Though he looks like a stud, it is too early. You put Vince Young down as a bust...yet early on he looked every bit as good if not better than Newton. VY after all has a 30-17 record as a starting QB. Not too shabby if you think.

Archived