Mike Wallace?

Nw220

Top 5 QB's would be:

P. Manning

Brady

Rodgers

Brees

E. Manning or Rivers

Id take any of those choices before I even considered Ben.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On BR, I think it fair to say that it is a concensus that he is a Top 10 QB, but not necessarily Top 5.[/color]

id agree as well. he's a great QB, just not in a conventional sense....as in a pocket passer that shreds records. he wins games, which is what matters ultimately.

however, for us fans that discuss such matters, stats and other accomplishments factor in. eli and ben have the same number of rings, yet eli's QBing numbers simply say he's a more efficient passer. since he doesn't have the escape ability that creates broken plays, hes more technically sound and disciplined at the position.

bens great and all, but kind of a one trick pony that cant be stopped. however, what happens to his game when he isn't strong enough to shake off those arm tackles?

id agree as well. he's a great QB, just not in a conventional sense....as in a pocket passer that shreds records. he wins games, which is what matters ultimately.

however, for us fans that discuss such matters, stats and other accomplishments factor in. eli and ben have the same number of rings, yet eli's QBing numbers simply say he's a more efficient passer. since he doesn't have the escape ability that creates broken plays, hes more technically sound and disciplined at the position.

bens great and all, but kind of a one trick pony that cant be stopped. however, what happens to his game when he isn't strong enough to shake off those arm tackles?

Lets also factor in. Hes not gonna be able to run around back there forever with all of the hits his knees has taken over the last few seasons.

Don't come in here with that nonsense PIZZA. You're supposed to be a BROWNS FAN!

Why? When it is pure realism. Payton Manning has had 4 neck surgeries and is going to be 36 at the end of March. BR is 6 years younger, will turn just 30 on March 2d.

Rivers may in fact be the better QB, but he has not come up with the better results in his career. BR has had somewhat the better team around him....and BR has had the better coaching.

Norv Turner. Need more be said?

Why? When it is pure realism. Payton Manning has had 4 neck surgeries and is going to be 36 at the end of March. BR is 6 years younger, will turn just 30 on March 2d.

Rivers may in fact be the better QB, but he has not come up with the better results in his career. BR has had somewhat the better team around him....and BR has had the better coaching.

I'm a huge fan of Rivers abilities but some guys just seem to get it done when it matters and some don't. That is why I would take BR over Rivers. I'm not saying BR is top 5 for sure but there are only 3 QBs (Rodgers, Brees, Brady) that I would take before him for certain. The rest are up in the air.

I'm a huge fan of Rivers abilities but some guys just seem to get it done when it matters and some don't. That is why I would take BR over Rivers. I'm not saying BR is top 5 for sure but there are only 3 QBs (Rodgers, Brees, Brady) that I would take before him for certain. The rest are up in the air.

Fair enough. You are right. Rivers and the whole Chargers team has not gotten it done when it counts. (Ah...but can you say the same thing about Brady at least since 2004?)

Your sarcasm meter must be WAY off. Ben has been better than Rivers for a while and clearly Manning is done.

Your sarcasm meter must be WAY off. Ben has been better than Rivers for a while and clearly Manning is done.

Ben's team has been better than Rivers. Ben's coaches has been better than Rivers. But I don't know if Ben is better than Rivers. It is close enough to be debatable.

As far as Manning, neither I nor you have a clue as to whether or not he is done.

Ben's team has been better than Rivers. Ben's coaches has been better than Rivers. But I don't know if Ben is better than Rivers. It is close enough to be debatable.

As far as Manning, neither I nor you have a clue as to whether or not he is done.

I think Rivers has had the better offensive talent around him.

I think Rivers has had the better offensive talent around him.

And at times he had an outstanding defense. Yes, Rivers gets some of the blame, but for me, for that Chargers team it always comes back down to the coaching. At first, Rivers had Marty as HC and we all know that Marty always choked up in the big games. But then he has had Norv Turner, who makes Marty's esophagus looke like a wind tunnel.

Looks like Wallace might be a goner, Steelers plan to tender him so maybe someone with a pick in the 20's snags him up.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7633206/pittsburgh-steelers-franchise-wr-mike-wallace-source-says

Someone can offer him a contract but the Steelers will have the ability to match. I sincerely doubt he goes and if he does the Steelers will have driven up the price. I also love Mike Wallace BUT as of right now Antonio Brown is the more complete receiver. If we do get a first then I'd expect the Steelers to trade up for DeCastro or someone of similar talent and the Steelers don't miss a beat. I'd LOVE for the Steelers to get a crack at DeCastro, what a difference he'd make.

Why in the hell is there a thread about the Steelers?

I would say Rivers is a better QB,Roethlisberger is a better football player.

Hines Ward released. I say we sign him and have him clean the toilets,I think Rodney Harrison wanted to slap that bitch at the Superbowl.

Is it really that difficult to figure out? Wallace is a restricted free agent and the thread is about Mike Wallace.

Someone can offer him a contract but the Steelers will have the ability to match. I sincerely doubt he goes and if he does the Steelers will have driven up the price. I also love Mike Wallace BUT as of right now Antonio Brown is the more complete receiver. If we do get a first then I'd expect the Steelers to trade up for DeCastro or someone of similar talent and the Steelers don't miss a beat. I'd LOVE for the Steelers to get a crack at DeCastro, what a difference he'd make.

You would trade Wallace for DeCastro?

Don't you listen to Ghoolie? OLinemen are a dime a dozen compared to skill players. You should be looking at your 6th round pick to get your OL, not 1st round.

You would trade Wallace for DeCastro?

Don't you listen to Ghoolie? OLinemen are a dime a dozen compared to skill players. You should be looking at your 6th round pick to get your OL, not 1st round.

I honestly think I would and we'd still have our other first to draft BPA. It would likely take a first and a 3rd, maybe a little more to move up in to DeCastro range. We need another Faneca type on our line and no I don't believe elite o-lineman are a dime a dozen. It's certainly easier to plug in a capable player and still function but you notice elite lineman.

EDIT: And I know you're poking at Ghoolie.

Archived