THE BROWNS BOARD

20 Obvious Truths That Will Shock Liberals

Mr. T

Some useful definitions:

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one. If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.

If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat. If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.

If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him.

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and religion silenced. (Unless it's a foreign religion, of course!)

If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.

Like when the PTC tried to have Howard stern and the wwf shut down? Like that you mean? By the way, none of those things are definitions by any sense of the word. Good job.

Like when the PTC tried to have Howard stern and the wwf shut down? Like that you mean? By the way, none of those things are definitions by any sense of the word. Good job.

Just an f y I.....

stern was booted because 1 of his guests repeatedly used racially insensitive language

WSS

Or that they've tried to boycott HBO to get Maher off the air for years, and succeeded in 2001 when he was on ABC? Or when they called for a boycott of Letterman's advertisers? Or when they called for a boycott of the Dixie Chicks for saying they were ashamed Bush was from Texas?

Boy, good thing Democrats don't hold conservative talkers and celebrities to that same standard - they've all said far, far worse about Obama.

They even organized a protest of Ben and Jerry's a few weeks ago.

But yes, you seem to have a great point here, T, with all sorts of evidence to back it up.

Just an f y I.....

stern was booted because 1 of his guests repeatedly used racially insensitive language

WSS

I'm not talking about what actually drove him off radio or even that specific incident you mention. Just that right wing groups TRIED to have him booted.

I'm not talking about what actually drove him off radio or even that specific incident you mention. Just that right wing groups TRIED to have him booted.

OK.

But it was the left wing groups that accomplished it.

And though you are correct I think you'll admit that there is a difference between politically charged speech and vulgarity.

I mean speaking out against the government is 1 thing but dropping f bombs or n bombs or c bombs or whatever kind of bombs has always been taboo.

WSS

Another truth that will shock liberals:

Rick Santorum told attendees at the Gulf Coast Energy Summit in Biloxi, Mississippi, on Monday to trust his judgment on the environment, highlighting his position on climate change—that is, that it's a liberal myth.

"The dangers of carbon dioxide? Tell that to a plant, how dangerous carbon dioxide is," Santorum said, according to the Associated Press.

Another truth that will shock liberals:

Rick Santorum told attendees at the Gulf Coast Energy Summit in Biloxi, Mississippi, on Monday to trust his judgment on the environment, highlighting his position on climate change—that is, that it's a liberal myth.

"The dangers of carbon dioxide? Tell that to a plant, how dangerous carbon dioxide is," Santorum said, according to the Associated Press.

Are you talking to the trees and the plants again?

Woody was right about how some of those in the south are just dumb. This video shows enough to make you laugh at liberals.

That actually was pretty funny

of course, that is pretty similar to people that really take religion too far...

and when I was talking about dumb people in the South I meant... oh nvm

It's okay, Cal. No one imagined you weren't one of that solid minority of Republicans - or in Mississippi and Alabama's case, a majority - who thinks Obama is a Muslim. Or don't believe in evolution.

That's the whole point. There are some terribly misinformed Republicans, and it's a little frightening to the rest of us.

So here's a poll question for you.

Do you think that the president believes that Jesus Christ is the Son of God who died on the cross for our sins?

or not?

WSS

OK.

But it was the left wing groups that accomplished it.

And though you are correct I think you'll admit that there is a difference between politically charged speech and vulgarity.

I mean speaking out against the government is 1 thing but dropping f bombs or n bombs or c bombs or whatever kind of bombs has always been taboo.

WSS

Ok, duly noted but the PTC Didn't like him and they DID try to shut him down, that's my point. Conservatives do it as well.

See, shit like this. The fact people care about this... ugh

It has nothing to do with what I believe woody.

the reason I ask is that I wonder if his supporters think that he believes in the basics of christianity or not really.

If the answer is not really then it is not so much of a stretch to say that you don't know what religion he is.

If any.

If I had to bet I'd guess he was agnostic and Christianity is just window dressing.

Power is the main goal and I can't imagine an open agnostic being elected in his district.

WSS

It has nothing to do with what I believe woody.

the reason I ask is that I wonder if his supporters think that he believes in the basics of christianity or not really.

If the answer is not really then it is not so much of a stretch to say that you don't know what religion he is.

If any.

If I had to bet I'd guess he was agnostic and Christianity is just window dressing.

Power is the main goal and I can't imagine an open agnostic being elected in his district.

WSS

and again, the fact that any of that matters, is ridiculous

Steve, you don't have to try and hack your way out of all of these.

And the answer to your question is yes.

Here's one for you: are the people who continue to insist he's a Muslim misinformed?

Actually as I stated above I think he probably adopred that religion and particular church as a means to an end.

I would say that anyone who believes him to be a devout christian or muslim is misinformed.

WSS

Aye aye aye. Now he has to meet some standard of "devout"?

Obama is a Christian. The correct answer to the question of whether he is a Christian or not is, "Yes, he is." The wrong answer is, "He's a Muslim." Another wrong answer is, "We don't know what religion he is."

Because he's a Christian by the standard we use for calling anyone else a Christian. You don't get to invent a scenario in your head where he's just pretending to be a Christian and then say your invented reality is the truth. Nor would the idea that he plays up his Christianity for political purposes mean that he isn't a Christian.

Come on. Don't be that guy.

Because we live in a country where voters actually care about what old ass book you grew up on.

If I had to say I was Christian to get elected I would. Any politician would. Hell in the GOP debates you're some kinda hero if you say evolution isn't real (we can only hope they are lying).

Either way, like I said, this shouldn't even be an issue and it is sad that it is. Hopefully a few generation down the line it won't be.

Mitt Romney doesn't say evolution isn't real. In fact, only Santorum is anti-evolution, and pro-intelligent design.

And I would love it if candidate's followed Jesus' message a little more closely, even if it is old. Old does not equal irrelevant. Which is why there are words like "timeless" and "enduring."

Shakespeare is old, too. Plato. Aristotle. Jefferson. Aquinas. Newton. Da Vinci...

Archived