THE BROWNS BOARD

Empty Seats?

LMAO. You guys have to have a "pep rally" to generate interest when you are hosting the freaking AFC Championship?

Cleveland would be so pumped we'd all been tailgaiting since Monday waiting for the game to start, we wouldn't need some gay "pep rally" to get everyone fired up.

Zombo

--Did the players dress up like cheerleaders and do skits and everybody laughed and then went to their social studies class?

AdaM just guaranteed that way more then 1,000 Browns fans would show up to a Cleveland pep rally so maybe you should argue about that with him...

Money raised at the event went to chraity so thats a good thing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AdaM just guaranteed that way more then 1,000 Browns fans would show up to a Cleveland pep rally so maybe you should argue about that with him...

My comparing the two issues has nothing to do with the fact that your city actually held a pep rally. And less than 1% of the population showed up.

My comparing the two issues has nothing to do with the fact that your city actually held a pep rally. And less than 1% of the population showed up.

They only had room to hold around 800 poeple in the City Hall area, but they had to let in a little over 1,000 people becuase so many people wanted in.

You said that if Cleveland ever was good enough to deserve a pep rally that way more then 1,000 people would show up. How does that have anything to do with them never actually having a pep rally?

Adam's right, there'd be 80,000, and it wouldn't be called a "pep rally", it'd be called a Tailgate. There would be no waving of yellow gay flags, there would be mass consumption of Jim Beam and tackle pick-up games on the frozen lots

Zombo

--OK imagine Jim Mora at a press conference: "Pep rally? ... PEP rally? .... Pep rally? ... no ... Pep? ... what? ... Pep rally??"

Adam's right, there'd be 80,000, and it wouldn't be called a "pep rally", it'd be called a Tailgate. There would be no waving of yellow gay flags, there would be mass consumption of Jim Beam and tackle pick-up games on the frozen lots

Zombo

--OK imagine Jim Mora at a press conference: "Pep rally? ... PEP rally? .... Pep rally? ... no ... Pep? ... what? ... Pep rally??"

80,000 people don't even show up to the games....

80,000 people don't even show up to the games....

Yes they do. Only 73,200 get into the stadium, the rest bring portable TVs and watch from the lot. Like men. With whiskey, burgers as big as your head and cigars.

... not with little yellow flags waving at a "pep rally"

Zombo

--OMG I can't believe he's proud that 1,000 people came to a "pep rally"

The temperature in Pittsburgh is currently -2 degrees yet over 1,000 people showed up to an outdoor pep rally at the city hall. You and others sound completely assinine when you say Steelers fans are mostly fairweather fans. If you are so sure the stadium was empty look at all four of those pictures I gave you a link to and point out just one empty seat. I know for a fact you want even try becuase behind you thick head you know there was not a single empty seat.

If you would, take this as an honest look at the fans in Pittsburgh:

I was at the game last week and there were not empty seats. Only some spread over the club seats, but you have that in every new NFL stadium. So the fans were there.

But what bothered me the most and continues to make me question the steeler faithful are a couple of issues:

1) While tailgating and such was rampant before the game, it was a decidedly less amped-up atmosphere than I expected. And ESPECIALLY after the game. When I leave regular season games where the home team wins there is a different feel in different cities. Cleveland, KC, NY and DEN have some of the best post-win atmospheres. Pitt is decidedly in the middle of the pack. The post-win atmosphere is definitely not what you would expect. And after leaving the stadium last week, I would have thought the energy level would have been much greater. But it wasn't. The mood was light, but there weren't many chants happening and people were more content with simply walking away smiling rather than being jubulant. Maybe it's that they're spoiled with winning. Perhaps they are becoming the reincarnation of the 1990's Atlanta Braves fans.....

2) However, my BIGGEST issue with the pitt fans is this. I've stated before that last year against the Jags we had 9 playoff tix on the lower level 50 and had several 'fans' turn us down for the game saying they would rather watch it at home. I assumed it was because the weather was going to be bad and they ended last year poorly so the fans correctly assumed a loss. While we were able to find people to go last week, this week is different. THIS YEAR - HEADING INTO A HOME FREAKIN' CHAMPIONSHIP GAME we again had four.....FOUR 'steeler fans' turn down the opportunity to sit in these seats. EACH ONE SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE TOO DAMN COLD.

Say what you want but that, my friend, is the very definition of FAIR WEATHER.

There isn't a steeler fan that can argue these points, try as they might. I'm living it. Even my steeler friends are disheartened when they go there. The atmosphere at Heinz is a fraction of what it was at 3-rivers. Not even close.

I can't imagine what would happen if they strung together several losing seasons.

If you would, take this as an honest look at the fans in Pittsburgh:

I was at the game last week and there were not empty seats. Only some spread over the club seats, but you have that in every new NFL stadium. So the fans were there.

But what bothered me the most and continues to make me question the steeler faithful are a couple of issues:

1) While tailgating and such was rampant before the game, it was a decidedly less amped-up atmosphere than I expected. And ESPECIALLY after the game. When I leave regular season games where the home team wins there is a different feel in different cities. Cleveland, KC, NY and DEN have some of the best post-win atmospheres. Pitt is decidedly in the middle of the pack. The post-win atmosphere is definitely not what you would expect. And after leaving the stadium last week, I would have thought the energy level would have been much greater. But it wasn't. The mood was light, but there weren't many chants happening and people were more content with simply walking away smiling rather than being jubulant. Maybe it's that they're spoiled with winning. Perhaps they are becoming the reincarnation of the 1990's Atlanta Braves fans.....

2) However, my BIGGEST issue with the pitt fans is this. I've stated before that last year against the Jags we had 9 playoff tix on the lower level 50 and had several 'fans' turn us down for the game saying they would rather watch it at home. I assumed it was because the weather was going to be bad and they ended last year poorly so the fans correctly assumed a loss. While we were able to find people to go last week, this week is different. THIS YEAR - HEADING INTO A HOME FREAKIN' CHAMPIONSHIP GAME we again had four.....FOUR 'steeler fans' turn down the opportunity to sit in these seats. EACH ONE SAID IT WAS GOING TO BE TOO DAMN COLD.

Say what you want but that, my friend, is the very definition of FAIR WEATHER.

There isn't a steeler fan that can argue these points, try as they might. I'm living it. Even my steeler friends are disheartened when they go there. The atmosphere at Heinz is a fraction of what it was at 3-rivers. Not even close.

I can't imagine what would happen if they strung together several losing seasons.

1. We don't get that big of a kick out of winning becuase we are so used to it......

Just becuase we don't set things on fire and loot stores after a playoff win doesn't mean we aren't happy.

2. A few fans didn't want to spend the money for game tickets becuase they already had plans to watch the game somewhere else doesn't make them or the whole fanbase fair weather fans. Maybe they promised to watch the game with a BF/GF or someone else. Do you expect them to just blow them off? The facts that people that weren't going to the game were tailgaiting in that weather seems to be all the proof I not they weren't fair weather fans....

We string together losing seasons in the 80's. We still sold out every game so there is your answer!

Guest ATENEARS
The temperature in Pittsburgh is currently -2 degrees yet over 1,000 people showed up to an outdoor pep rally at the city hall. You and others sound completely assinine when you say Steelers fans are mostly fairweather fans. If you are so sure the stadium was empty look at all four of those pictures I gave you a link to and point out just one empty seat. I know for a fact you want even try becuase behind you thick head you know there was not a single empty seat.

OOOhhhhhhhhh ... I'm convinced now.

I haven't looked at the pictures yet ... can you send them again so I can ignore them a second time?

1. We don't get that big of a kick out of winning becuase we are so used to it......

Just becuase we don't set things on fire and loot stores after a playoff win doesn't mean we aren't happy.

2. A few fans didn't want to spend the money for game tickets becuase they already had plans to watch the game somewhere else doesn't make them or the whole fanbase fair weather fans. Maybe they promised to watch the game with a BF/GF or someone else. Do you expect them to just blow them off? The facts that people that weren't going to the game were tailgaiting in that weather seems to be all the proof I not they weren't fair weather fans....

Hmm - Don't get a big kick out of it because they are so used to it......yep - clearly a Braves fan.

And no, we offered the tickets for FREE. Let me see, free 50yl lower level behind the home bench and you're trying to justify why FOUR 'fans' said no. And we offered them pais so they wouldn't have to come alone because we know people always prefer to bring a friend or significant other.

And there were BARELY any fans that tailgated but didn't head into the stadium. I'm just telling it like it is.

In KC it's rabid. Philly is crazy. In Denver it's a great scene. NY is fun as heck. CLE is also a great scene.

Pit isn't. It's nice - people are cordial and it's generally a nice atmosphere. Kind of like Tampa Bay or how they do it in Houston. Nice.

You string together losing seasons in the 80's and still sell out a 50k seat stadium. Oooohhhhhhh - GREAT JOB! You get a bonus star on your paper today grasshopper!

Plus, like I said - the atmosphere and fans at 3 rivers were great. But they've and the entire fanbase has changed. Dispute it all you want, you know the truth.

you watch Browns games and the stadium is literally empty by the 4th quarter. I can remember the stadium filled with cheering Steeler fans waving terrible towels and Browns fans walking out of the stadium with their heads down in disgust. Talk about empty seats??? look at your own.

Hmm - Don't get a big kick out of it because they are so used to it......yep - clearly a Braves fan.

And no, we offered the tickets for FREE. Let me see, free 50yl lower level behind the home bench and you're trying to justify why FOUR 'fans' said no. And we offered them pais so they wouldn't have to come alone because we know people always prefer to bring a friend or significant other.

And there were BARELY any fans that tailgated but didn't head into the stadium. I'm just telling it like it is.

In KC it's rabid. Philly is crazy. In Denver it's a great scene. NY is fun as heck. CLE is also a great scene.

Pit isn't. It's nice - people are cordial and it's generally a nice atmosphere. Kind of like Tampa Bay or how they do it in Houston. Nice.

Why exactly were you offering tickets that could be sold for over $500 each for free? Where did you get those kind of tickets anyway?

Why exactly were you offering tickets that could be sold for over $500 each for free? Where did you get those kind of tickets anyway?

We take clients for work. My Pit rep takes fans to every game and I'll head over to a few.

Got seats to the SB too - so I'm actually pulling for the steelers this week.

Great f'in seats.

Guest ATENEARS
..... Maybe they promised to watch the game with a BF/GF or someone else. Do you expect them to just blow them off?

Nooo ... you didn't just go there! OMG, I'm gonna split a gut over here ... this is good shit. Please post some more excuses, this is fantastic stuff.

WEED-1.jpg

No one actually knows why they didn't want to go into the game. A logical possible explaination isn't an excuse.

They didn't go because their pussified fairweather bitches like you.

They didn't go because their pussified fairweather bitches like you.

Let's give credit where credit is due. Yeahda did make it to the the pep rally in those frigid conditions. Here he is hurrying to meet Silvercock at city hall...

steeler_fan_proudly_waving_terrib_2.jpg

Zombo

There could have been a countless number of reasons they decided not to go, you just assume becuase it was cold. If I am that bad you shouldn't have told me. You should have just let me keep talking so I would just make myself look stupid.

WAY too late on that one buddy...

What kind of post could I have made to make me look smart. To you guys I would have to say the Browns are actually good but thats one of the dumbest things I could say.

I've finally figured it out.

You're still in Jr High aren't you...

There is no possible way an adult has such a narrow grip on reality.

Guest ATENEARS
What kind of post could I have made to make me look smart. To you guys I would have to say the Browns are actually good but thats one of the dumbest things I could say.

I seriously can't believe the other Steeler fans here haven't turned on you yet. You're horrible.

Although you're making even Silverback look like he has a clue.

Archived