THE BROWNS BOARD

Nyc Soda Pop Ban

Citazens and those who pay for health care shouldn't have to pay for the illegal and the indigent either, but liberals have no problem with that. Funny how that works, huh?

Funny. I thought one of the main points about health care reform was to make everyone buy their own so people wouldn't just show up at the emergency rooms and demand care on everyone else's dime. And Mitt Romney did the same thing in Massachusetts.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Funny. I thought one of the main points about health care reform was to make everyone buy their own so people wouldn't just show up at the emergency rooms and demand care on everyone else's dime. And Mitt Romney did the same thing in Massachusetts.

How'd that work out? Everyone shouldering their own part of the burden yet?

And 98% of people are paying for their own healthcare? I don't believe that for one second.

That's the percentage that's covered by a policy.

Self paid or subsidized.

And since Heck has again reminded us that it was a Romney idea I'll remind you that Obama flip flopped on it.

WSS

That's the percentage that's covered by a policy.

Self paid or subsidized.

And since Heck has again reminded us that it was a Romney idea I'll remind you that Obama flip flopped on it.

WSS

I know that Steve but heck seemed to be asserting in the post above the one I quoted that everyone had to pay for healthcare. Then that 98% of MA was covered. So is that 98% paying each for their own care? I doubt it.

I know that Steve but heck seemed to be asserting in the post above the one I quoted that everyone had to pay for healthcare. Then that 98% of MA was covered. So is that 98% paying each for their own care? I doubt it.

Yes, they are paying for their policies in Massachusetts. Some are subsidized because you can't require insurance on people who can't afford it without subsidies. Subsidies for lower income earners to afford insurance is part of every health care plan, right and left, because it's an economic reality. When forced with people who can't pay for insurance, or can only pay part, what do you do with those people? I guess in your world we don't do anything. But no one else seems to agree with you. Paul Ryan's plan, for instance, which is the Republican plan, has subsidies for lower income Americans, too. So, while you seem to be suggest that liberals want to pay for illegals and the indigent, I've got some bad news for you: both conservative and liberal health care plans pay for the illegal and the indigent.

Yes, they are paying for their policies in Massachusetts. Some are subsidized because you can't require insurance on people who can't afford it without subsidies. Subsidies for lower income earners to afford insurance is part of every health care plan, right and left, because it's an economic reality. When forced with people who can't pay for insurance, or can only pay part, what do you do with those people? I guess in your world we don't do anything. But no one else seems to agree with you. Paul Ryan's plan, for instance, which is the Republican plan, has subsidies for lower income Americans, too. So, while you seem to be suggest that liberals want to pay for illegals and the indigent, I've got some bad news for you: both conservative and liberal health care plans pay for the illegal and the indigent.

Politicians want to pay for them. I doubt many people will echo your sentiment that aren't politically motivated. No one who works for a living wants to pay for any shiftless layabout, fat or not.

Politicians want to pay for them. I doubt many people will echo your sentiment that aren't politically motivated. No one who works for a living wants to pay for any shiftless layabout, fat or not.

True enough.

But that's a fairly large voting block.

And I thought obama said his plan doesn't cover illegals?

;)

WSS

>>We don't turn people away from our emergency rooms when they need care, whether they be here illegally or too poor to pay. That tab gets picked up by other people. No one is suggesting taht we change that. Except you two, apparently.>>

Another unsolvable problem.

Project demographics out 20 years............................

Is there any way out?

We don't turn people away from our emergency rooms when they need care, whether they be here illegally or too poor to pay. That tab gets picked up by other people. No one is suggesting taht we change that. Except you two, apparently.

Good. You know what a compassionate guy I am, so I'm pleased to know obama was just talking out his ass...:D

WSS

A lot of kids don't eat lunch at school. Where I live there is a Taco Bell, Arby's, McDonalds, Burger King, and several pizza places all within 1 mile of the High School and Middle School. If you don't offer what kids will eat, they will just go elsewhere to eat it. Proper eating habits start at home. Ever go grocery shopping? See some of the parents shopping with their kids?

Good. You know what a compassionate guy I am, so I'm pleased to know obama was just talking out his ass...:D

WSS

God, you're such a fool. And in your head I'm sure this clueless statement counts as another one of your "wins."

No matter how many times we've gone over this in the past, your inability to take in new information is the stuff of legend.

We don't turn people away from our emergency rooms when they need care, whether they be here illegally or too poor to pay. That tab gets picked up by other people. No one is suggesting taht we change that. Except you two, apparently.

Yes, if it would bring down my own insane premiums id fuck over all illegal aliens and indigent people unwilling to put forth any effort to pay for themselves in a second. I wouldn't even think of them for one second. That's honesty, and I think if a lot of people were being honest they'd say that. Find me a guy who tells the 30 year old, enabled, ssi disability claimants that they're cut off and ill vote for that guy.

God, you're such a fool. And in your head I'm sure this clueless statement counts as another one of your "wins."

No matter how many times we've gone over this in the past, your inability to take in new information is the stuff of legend.

I'm crushed.

Hey its not my fault if you guys can't keep your campaign horseshit straight.

WSS

No, Steve, it's just your typical inability to understand basic facts, or to understand the difference between an apple and an orange. And then you parade around like you know something, and do a victory lap. There's nothing more embarrassing than a dolt who thinks he's won something.

There is no money in the health care bill for illegal immigrants to participate in the health care exchanges. You might remember when this was all being debated I was making the case that they should be allowed to be part of the exchanges and to qualify for subsidies and carry insurance because they live and work here and get sick and injured and have children and show up at the emergency room like everyone else, which is the most expensive way to treat those people. But that's not part of the bill. They don't get to participate. In other words, Obama's plan doesn't cover illegal immigrants.

This is entirely different than saying that when illegal immigrants show up at the emergency room they receive treatment.

If you don't understand this, what do you want me to do about it? Break out the puppets and try to explain it you to again?

>>We don't turn people away from our emergency rooms when they need care, whether they be here illegally or too poor to pay. That tab gets picked up by other people. No one is suggesting taht we change that. Except you two, apparently.>>

Another unsolvable problem.

Project demographics out 20 years............................

Is there any way out?

I'm not sure I get what you mean about demographics. What happens in 20 years? Any way out of what?

There's nothing more embarrassing than a dolt who thinks he's won something.

There is no money in the health care bill for illegal immigrants to participate in the health care exchanges.

But....

" I've got some bad news for you: both conservative and liberal health care plans pay for the illegal and the indigent."

I guess you're right.....

WSS

But....

" I've got some bad news for you: both conservative and liberal health care plans pay for the illegal and the indigent."

I guess you're right.....

WSS

Yes. Because neither of them demand that illegals and the indigent should be turned away when they show up at the emergency room. And in both liberal and conservative plans, the poor get subsidies to pay for their insurance. In both plans illegals do not.

Actually if you want to keep belly aching about embarrassing yourself.....

Pick 1.

Duo both be conservitive and presidents plans wind up paying for health care for illegals?

Or not?

I understand it's tough to straighten out the presidents words since he had little idea of what any of these plans encompass.

WSS

I'm not sure I get what you mean about demographics. What happens in 20 years? Any way out of what?

The Aging of America and the disproportionate population gains made by segments that, traditionally, aren't 'contributors'.

As more working people - and people on incredible government pensions - age and retire, how will health care needs be provided? Who will be the contributors?

It won't be those who have been 'takers' for a number of generations.

I know you will find this disgusting - maybe I could use more gently words - but you know what I mean (at least now you do) and you don't like the idea that the current model cannot sustain.

So this is an insolvable problem. It is possible that no amount of money can prevent the system crash.

The future ain't bright, in case you haven't noticed and this hasn't been due to 8 years of our nation's history.

Oh, brother.

I see the reed you're hanging this on. Illegal aliens get health care in that they will still receive care outside the health insurance system by showing up to emergency rooms. Their care is mostly picked up by taxpayers. But neither the Ryan plan or Obamacare allows illegal aliens to participate in the subsidized system that's available to American citizens.

Cysko wanted to say that only liberals want to pay for the illegals and the indigent. This is not true. We all pay for the care of illegal aliens indirectly. We pay for the care of the indigent directly through subsidies. There is no Republican proposal to do what he's suggesting, which is that illegal aliens and the poor have to pay for their own care or be denied treatment. Therefore, subsidizing care for the illegal aliens (indirectly) and indigent (directly) is not something only liberals want to do. Republicans are for this too.

And the idea that Obama didn't understand what these plans encompassed, or that his words are confusing ....Jesus. Just clueless. Your cartoon will never die.

These aren't difficult distinctions for people who can make them.

Obamacare doesn't have money in it to help illegal aliens buy insurance and participate in Obamacare. Illegal aliens still get to show up to the hospital with a nail through their hand and get care.

Not that hard.

The Aging of America and the disproportionate population gains made by segments that, traditionally, aren't 'contributors'.

As more working people - and people on incredible government pensions - age and retire, how will health care needs be provided? Who will be the contributors?

It won't be those who have been 'takers' for a number of generations.

I know you will find this disgusting - maybe I could use more gently words - but you know what I mean (at least now you do) and you don't like the idea that the current model cannot sustain.

So this is an insolvable problem. It is possible that no amount of money can prevent the system crash.

The future ain't bright, in case you haven't noticed and this hasn't been due to 8 years of our nation's history.

I'm not sure I'd frame the problem quite this way, John.

>>I'm not sure I'd frame the problem quite this way, John.>>

Do you see a way out of the perfect storm of Aging Working Americans crossing paths with disproportionate population growth - forward looking demographics.

You can tax 'the rich' 100% and it wouldn't resolve this problem - or many problems for that matter.

How would you frame it, Heck (this isn't confrontentational - I means it as a serious request.

What's disproportionate population growth again? I understand the aging part. We've known about the aging Baby Boomer problem for years. We've also known about the smaller population of younger workers needed to support the aging population. That's my generation. There aren't as many of us.

what's my generations tag line?

Archived