THE BROWNS BOARD

Homo Stuff

Zombo

Really.

yep, really.

do you think that people of this country think the same way they did 50 years ago? you're crazy if you do.

the knowledgeable free thinking countries of this world have evolved over the years, even their religions.

but you could always join the rattle snake moonshine baptists, the catholics or the hacidic jews or muslims. they like conformists. no women's rights, kill an abortion doctor, grab some aks and shoot up the neighborhood school yard or strap on a bomb and blow up a public marketplace.

thank goodness for religion.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know people in PA that knew about Kordell sucking off men in Schenley Park. It happened. Quit defending a Steeler. He was a homo.

http://straightfromthea.com/2012/12/12/they-say-gay-rumors-ruined-kordell-stewarts-nfl-career-photos/#ixzz2EvW6ssLj

There is nothing gay about Aikman, rumors are stupid, sucking dick is what makes you gay.

Zombo

I would argue that the suckee is just as gay as the sucker. It would certainly qualify you as bisexual...not that there is anything wrong with that.

yep, really.

do you think that people of this country think the same way they did 50 years ago? you're crazy if you do.

the knowledgeable free thinking countries of this world have evolved over the years, even their religions.

but you could always join the rattle snake moonshine baptists, the catholics or the hacidic jews or muslims. they like conformists. no women's rights, kill an abortion doctor, grab some aks and shoot up the neighborhood school yard or strap on a bomb and blow up a public marketplace.

thank goodness for religion.

LMAO.

By Gregg Rosenthal

Published: March 25, 2013 at 3:43 PM

Modified: March 27, 2013 at 2:24 AM

The NFL appears more ready than ever for an openly gay player. It's possible we'll find out how ready this offseason.

CBSSports.com's Mike Freeman wrote Monday that he was told a current gay NFL player strongly is considering coming out publicly. The plan would be for the unnamed player to do so in the next few months, then carry on with his NFL career.

Freeman based the information on several interviews with active and former NFL players, but the reporter doesn't know who the player is. If the player does come out, it would be a landmark moment in U.S. professional team sports.

The topic of homosexuality and gay rights never has been so much a part of NFL discussion. Players like Baltimore Ravens linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo and Minnesota Vikings punter Chris Kluwe have spoken loudly in support of gay marriage throughout the last year. New York Giants owner Steve Tisch, NFL Players Association executive director DeMaurice Smith and players like Scott Fujita, Scott Shanle, D'Qwell Jackson and Eric Winston are among those who supported a brief filed to the U.S. Supreme Court related to Proposition 8 in California. The Supreme Court will hear oral arguments this week on the proposition that banned same-sex marriage in the state.

The NFL might be more ready than ever for a gay player, but that's still not saying much. The NFL is progressive in so many ways, and yet it's far behind the times on openly gay players. That's true for all major pro sports.

Fujita believes NFL players are ready.

"I honestly think the players of the NFL have been ready for an openly gay player for quite some time now," Fujita told Freeman. "Trust me, the coming out of a player would create much bigger waves outside the locker room than inside."

A player coming out certainly would create a lot of attention. It would take a lot of courage, and the act would make it easier for the men who come out publicly after. Frankly, the moment feels inevitable and almost overdue. Progress waits for no one.

Follow Gregg Rosenthal on Twitter @greggrosenthal.

Called it.

...a player who came out and then quit the sport immediately.

I bet he is some no name player looking to get a bit of attention and use this to help him keep a job for a little while longer.

Well, no.

It's probably one of our guys, to be honest. The Browns have more players on that legal brief regarding prop 8 than any other NFL team. Gocong, Fujita, DQJ, and Alex Mack.

Just because we have a lot of enlightened guys doesn't mean one of them is a homo.

This dude that comes out will not be a Brown.

Zombo

And what if he is?

If he is, personally I don't give a rat's ass.

But if he's on the Browns he's not coming out because of our pathetic play on the field it would make it into a joke.

He'll be on the roster of a team that can take the hit, a roster of a winner or a fanbase that has had a lot of success, or is in a city like San Fran or New York where the story makes a splash and then gets absorbed faster.

No dude on the Browns is coming out as a homo.

He won't be a Lion or a Bill either ... tough cities where the team has been an embarrassment of late.

This is not something you do lightly ... you have to consider your fanbase and who can take it and who can't ... quite frankly, we wouldn't take it well, because whatever your personal feelings are, we would just become more of a joke in the "guy's guys" world, and no one wants to be a joke among their peers whether it is an unjustified embarrassment or not.

Zombo

I think it also depends on how good the individual player is to a degree as well. If you're a number 5 WR or something, it's very easy for the more narrow minded fans to call for you to be cut than if it's someone like Aaron Rodgers.

If he is, personally I don't give a rat's ass.

But if he's on the Browns he's not coming out because of our pathetic play on the field it would make it into a joke.

He'll be on the roster of a team that can take the hit, a roster of a winner or a fanbase that has had a lot of success, or is in a city like San Fran or New York where the story makes a splash and then gets absorbed faster.

No dude on the Browns is coming out as a homo.

He won't be a Lion or a Bill either ... tough cities where the team has been an embarrassment of late.

This is not something you do lightly ... you have to consider your fanbase and who can take it and who can't ... quite frankly, we wouldn't take it well, because whatever your personal feelings are, we would just become more of a joke in the "guy's guys" world, and no one wants to be a joke among their peers whether it is an unjustified embarrassment or not.

Zombo

Good answer.

Obviously we'll never be on the same wavelength. If circumstances dictated I shower with 50 naked women id keep my damn eyes to myself and be in and out of the shower quick as a bunny, my friend. It's called self control and respect.

What side of the gay rights fence are you on anyway?

Archived