THE BROWNS BOARD

Homo Stuff

Zombo

BEREA, Ohio -- If rookie Tank Carder didn't realize the impact of his homophobic slur on some members of the gay community, one of his Browns teammates is reminding him through social media.

Browns linebacker Scott Fujita retweeted an open letter from a gay former college football player condemning Carder for his remarks posted Nov. 21 on his Twitter account, which have since been removed. The Browns' rookie linebacker, who primarily plays special teams, used his account to apologize Monday for the comment.

Fujita, sidelined for the remainder of the season with a neck injury, retweeted to his nearly 24,000 followers a post Tuesday night from Outsports.com, a Web site covering gay sports news. The post is written by Vince Pryor, a former football player at Texas Christian University, where Carder also played.

Pryor said he was supported by TCU teammates and coaches after revealing to them he was gay. As part of his letter on Outsports.com, Pryor wrote:

"I was in the stands at the Rose Bowl game in 2011 when you (Carder) were named defensive player of the game . . . and I admire you as an athlete. But I hope you can come to understand the impact your words can have on those who look up to you and the fear and pain your words cause."

Fujita, who signed with the Browns in 2010, is an advocate of gay rights.

Carder eventually deleted the Nov. 21 tweet after initially standing by it and writing he was "unapologetically strong." On Monday, Carder tweeted: "I want to sincerely apologize for the word I used! I did not in anyway mean to offend anyone! That tweet doesn't define me as a person!"

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/11/cleveland_browns_linebacker_sc_9.html

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get how people are so homophobic in the year 2012. You're an idiot if you think people are choosing to be gay and most gay men I interact with (working on a very liberal campus that's every day for me) are the nicest people in the world. I mean I understand not wanting to hang around and go to the clubs with gay people, but the fact there's so many people who downright hate them is crazy to me

I feel like in 50 years people are gonna look back and go "wow I can't believe how intolerant we were" just like racial issues in the 60s

Homos don't bother me. I just don't call them gay. Gay is a good word that shouldn't be hijacked my Homo men.

I am a Hetero....people can call me that if they need to identify my sexuality.

This has gotten way out of control i feel bad for Carder. The guy was stupid and used a gay slur on a public forum being a professional athlete in the spotlight. Any figure head in society it makes you look bad, but damn the guy doesn't deserve all of this bashing! These fudge packers are coming out of the wood work lambasting him like he had a white sheet on his head and was beating the shit out of gays with a baseball bat. Todays society is so protected about racist and homophobic slurs, yet if you're a comedian you can say whatever you want about gays and blacks and yet its funny. These people need to get a life and fight real causes rather than pick at people who made small mistakes by by being irrational and using the fag word or the N word in public! Get over it, we have a black president and gays are respected in high places in the community! Stop crying its not the 1950s anymore!

i am the most liberal person prob on this board and it distresses to see how you can't say anything w/o it offending someone. i mean the progress i've seen in civil rights and gender rights is pretty fucking amazing considering what i saw growing up...and i'm not even THAT old.

you want to watch reality shows watch an old dick van dyke show when they wouldn't show a man and women in bed together. women were only hired as secretaries and now they rise higher in the corporate level than most men. shows with black people on them were almost unheard of now there are networks owned aimed and have exclusively programmed all black shows. how many shows nowadays have substantial gay characters on them. pleeeez. no one is holding anyone back nowadays (except if you're black and you want to coach college football). so the queefs and nigels and beotches need to just shut the fuck up and just be glad it ain't the 50's again.

i don't care if you're gay, black, purple with a third eye. what you do behind closed doors is your biz. and if i'm at the local watering hole and some gay guy wants to talk to me, who cares? as long as it's not about how he loves to suck his buddies cock and get reamed in the asshole.

This has gotten way out of control i feel bad for Carder. The guy was stupid and used a gay slur on a public forum being a professional athlete in the spotlight. Any figure head in society it makes you look bad, but damn the guy doesn't deserve all of this bashing! These fudge packers are coming out of the wood work lambasting him like he had a white sheet on his head and was beating the shit out of gays with a baseball bat. Todays society is so protected about racist and homophobic slurs, yet if you're a comedian you can say whatever you want about gays and blacks and yet its funny. These people need to get a life and fight real causes rather than pick at people who made small mistakes by by being irrational and using the fag word or the N word in public! Get over it, we have a black president and gays are respected in high places in the community! Stop crying its not the 1950s anymore!

Well I agree and disagree with you. I agree that just because he said a minor slur gays shouldn't act like he's murdering em or anything like that. But at the same time he's a pro athlete under a microscope. He's a total idiot to even say something like that in the first place and deserves some repercussions. Who knows if he actually dislikes gays but he should know better.

and IDK where you live man, but I live in North Carolina. Trust me when I say gay people are still widely hated across the country, especially the south. We're nowhere near the level of acceptance we should. Gay marriage was voted down here by a wide margin and churches post signs about gays going to hell.

I've never heard of him either.

It is unbelievable that this dork who nobody has heard of can dominate Cleveland radio talk shows. Who is this guy, and does anybody really cares about what he thinks? Why is FM 92.3 so obsessed with what the twitter (whatever twitter is) of this guy thinks?

Cleveland has a NBA team that is terribly underachieving, a Horizon League team that is terribly overachieving, and they want to talk about some special teams guy named Tank that nobody has ever heard of. I've had it and switching back to 850 AM. I hate 850 AM.

It is unbelievable that this dork who nobody has heard of can dominate Cleveland radio talk shows. Who is this guy, and does anybody really cares about what he thinks? Why is FM 92.3 so obsessed with what the twitter (whatever twitter is) of this guy thinks?

Cleveland has a NBA team that is terribly underachieving, a Horizon League team that is terribly overachieving, and they want to talk about some special teams guy named Tank that nobody has ever heard of. I've had it and switching back to 850 AM. I hate 850 AM.

How old are you?

i am the most liberal person prob on this board and it distresses to see how you can't say anything w/o it offending someone. i mean the progress i've seen in civil rights and gender rights is pretty fucking amazing considering what i saw growing up...and i'm not even THAT old.

you want to watch reality shows watch an old dick van dyke show when they wouldn't show a man and women in bed together. women were only hired as secretaries and now they rise higher in the corporate level than most men. shows with black people on them were almost unheard of now there are networks owned aimed and have exclusively programmed all black shows. how many shows nowadays have substantial gay characters on them. pleeeez. no one is holding anyone back nowadays (except if you're black and you want to coach college football). so the queefs and nigels and beotches need to just shut the fuck up and just be glad it ain't the 50's again.

i don't care if you're gay, black, purple with a third eye. what you do behind closed doors is your biz. and if i'm at the local watering hole and some gay guy wants to talk to me, who cares? as long as it's not about how he loves to suck his buddies cock and get reamed in the asshole.

agreed! if it does bother Miktoxic and myself it shouldnt bother anyone!

The problem is people get way to sensitive. When i use the word gay, i am not reffering to homo. I think for the most part people don't use that word as it meaning. Its funny how people get offended by gay but if you say someone has a vagina or is a pussy it is ok. Those words are worse, reffering to woman..

besides it really isn't get if you get your cock sucked by a dude as long as you don't look into his eyes.

Well I agree and disagree with you. I agree that just because he said a minor slur gays shouldn't act like he's murdering em or anything like that. But at the same time he's a pro athlete under a microscope. He's a total idiot to even say something like that in the first place and deserves some repercussions. Who knows if he actually dislikes gays but he should know better.

and IDK where you live man, but I live in North Carolina. Trust me when I say gay people are still widely hated across the country, especially the south. We're nowhere near the level of acceptance we should. Gay marriage was voted down here by a wide margin and churches post signs about gays going to hell.

Imagine that, people in the south are bigoted. Whooda thunk it. :blink:

churches post signs about gays going to hell.

and to think people actually like tim tebow.

what a fucking joke. his father is an evangelical preacher (which tim follows hand in hand with) that if you don't follow the letter of the law of the bible that you will burn in hell.

yeah, i'm gonna go out and buy a tebow jersey for my grandson. GTFO!!!

religious right freak. i'm sure he's done the 'tebow' in the locker room and has come face to face with some big black swingin cock.

how's that view from your knee(s), timmy boy?

Archived