THE BROWNS BOARD

New Coach Discussion

lambdo

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice title OP. About the most misleading one you could've came up with...

This is smart by the "'Mastermind' of offense." I think this clears up from the article what he's doing:

"There are certainly people on Kelly's side who would like to see their man benefit from the appearance of serious interest from multiple teams, and if he's negotiating with the Browns, for example, and trying to get the best possible deal from them, a nine-hour meeting with the Eagles could be just the thing to trigger that. If he really wanted the Eagles all along, getting the word out Friday that he was closing in on a Browns deal likely improved whatever proposal the Eagles were already planning to make him Saturday."

i get the love for kelly BUT he IS unproven in the NFL. i'd hate to see haslam/banner go all in on an unproven commodity and toss a ton of money at him as their first big move of their new regime.....and then have it fail?

they (us as fans too) would feel it for the next decade. if the guy wins then it's a genius move.

HUGE DECISION.

Maybe the Browns never wanted either of these guys. This was all just some elaborate plan to show alot of intrest in a few guys. Knowing that some other teams may like these guys as well and try and hire them before the Browns do. That way the Browns will have less competition for the guy they really want when he becomes available.

1357488591[/url]' post='321201']

Lombardi is hunting that kelly might stay at Oregon. If so, why does he carry out the wild goose chase like this?

He did this shit to the Bucs last year! 9-10 hr interview and then stayed at Oregon. It seeming he likes those free meals and likes a lot of attention. I mean 7-8 hr interview with the Browns, then 10-11 hr interview with Philly. He can go back to Oregon for all I care, f- him! It seemingly all about him.

Time to move on IMO. Like to see Lovie here

1357487352[/url]' post='321195']

Just read this on ESPN haha. If we don't get Kelly, we're fucked and will get our third candidate.

God damn it sucks being a Browns fan.

If Marrone was their 2nd choice, I'm glad they are going for their 3rd choice! Marrone should have been their last choice! Not sure how he is a choice at all in the NFL??

This is a good hire for Buffalo. He did a great job getting Syracuse turned back around and he has a very good NFL pedigree. He's still young and was sean Peyton's hand-picked OC in New Orleans.

Zombo

1357337645[/url]' post='320885']

Cannot believe so many people are hating on this potential gold mine of a hire. Do you want to keep perma losing??? This guy plays to win! YOu won't see us punting 4th and inches from their 35 anymore.

Creative Innovator on Offense which we so need so badly to go with Jaurons rock solid defence.

Open the chequebook and make an offer he can't refuse Haslem. Get these Brownies instantly into contention.

This is perfect fit for him. We have the youngest team in ball to implement his system and an absolute great RB in Richardson who is such a good interior runner. This is such a fit. Runs the most efficient practices which also fits so perfect for our young team.

Ya'll are crazy.

Hire this guy.

LAMBDO

After all this BS this weekend, screw him. Time to move on. He should have signed Friday when he had the chance. Let him go back to Oregon or sign with Philly.

According to numerous Tweets from numerous people. The Browns have left Arizona without Chip Kelly's answer. Welcome to Cleveland Mr. Haslem

TCPO i respect you and your knowledge of the game.....

BUT (and this is to everyone with no disrespect to none) what is or was the big hype about chip kelly and if we don't get him it's the end of the world?

if haslam and banner have any biz accumen i'd hope they'd look at all possibilities in-house, other NFL programs, and yeah even the young gun college freaks.

BUT why does the world in some people's eyes revolve around chip kelly? i mean there are other college guys that are at least worth mentioning. what teams in ncaa football deserve a mention in this conv.

boise state

wisconsin

iowa

georgia

or the coords from other NFL teams

wash (haslett or rat shat jr.)

san fran or denver D coor

mcdaniels, uh, em??

i get a lot of your guys hope and affection for kelly. i might not agree but that's just my opinion.

here's my dream team coaching staff from who's available:

lovie smith HC

jauron asst HC

mcdaniels OC

wisenhunt DC

get that and we're playoff bound first year.

Chip Kelly is something we haven't had in a long time. He's aggressive, he's offensive minded, and he's nationally known.

I think those quote sums up everything I like about him:

"Score. That’s it… whatever we do our philosophy is to score"

His up-tempo offense calls for attention to detail and emphasizes execution. That's what I am most excited for.

I think this is a good thing, Banner and Haslem did everthing they cold do to get Chip Kelly,, if it was going to be a great hire knowbody knows. I do now that CHip Kelly did this last year with Tampa. Listen Money is not everything if you are just wanting money than Fuck you. We want a great coach who wants to coach the Cleveland Browns that is what we want. Sure you want money, but aslo want ti coach the Browns. I think Chip just wanted the Money and not the Browns. If he wanted to coach the Browns he would have been signed on Friday....

Who I want is Ken Whisenhunt took them to a SuperBowl and was 4-0 with Kolb as QB this year, he gets hurt and they went to Shit. Pro style Offense. no BS coach. Perfect for the Browns, I think he is a great coach

2nd the Whizzer. Proven coach, pro style.

Kelly is the flavor of the month, if we get him and he happens to be a great coach...well then we looked like a genius.

But if he fails, will be nothing but told you so's, how far were set back, Can't believe owners brought this guy in. And most of it will be from the same people that Wanted this guy here.

Pick You Poison...

1357490326[/url]' post='321215']

According to numerous Tweets from numerous people. The Browns have left Arizona without Chip Kelly's answer. Welcome to Cleveland Mr. Haslem

Sounds like someone need to knock Kelly off his "high horse"! Seemingly wasted a lot of people's time with the Browns and Eagles, 8hr and 11hr interviews, ridiculous! And left the Browns's people "hanging" when he was suppose to return for that 2nd interview. He was my 1st choice, but no longer. I would like to see Lovie interview and get the job.

He can go f himself! What an asshole!

Archived