THE BROWNS BOARD

New Coach Discussion

lambdo

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Green Bay really aint all that either..... and success lives there!

Neither is Buffalo and they signed the biggest defensive FA last year

He did this shit to the Bucs last year! 9-10 hr interview and then stayed at Oregon. It seeming he likes those free meals and likes a lot of attention. I mean 7-8 hr interview with the Browns, then 10-11 hr interview with Philly. He can go back to Oregon for all I care, f- him! It seemingly all about him.

Time to move on IMO. Like to see Lovie here

Why would Kelly do that? Because he already makes $3 million a year at Oregon. Phil Knight has a net worth of $13 billion, he can easily spend a few more million a year to keep Kelly at Oregon.

However, if it's true that Kelly's real goal in life is to win a Super Bowl, he's not winning friends and influencing people in the NFL dicking around on interviews.

I don't think this is a bad situation at all.

It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.

I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.

Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.

I don't think this is a bad situation at all.

It shows Haslam is interested in putting the Browns front-and-center of top-notch moves.. however, I also don't think Chip Kelly is a fit with the NFL.

I actually chalk this up to Haslam learning more about the business of the NFL. I'd take Whisenhunt or L.Smith over Kelly in a heartbeat.. and still hold out hope that either of those will be the next HC.

Thanks to the Bills for signing the dude from Syracuse.. I didn't want him.

The Whiz is it, telling you the guy is a great coach!!!!! Pro style Offense, Weeden would look great and TRich will go off next year!!!!

Just out of curiosity, why is nobody talking about Lovie Smith? The guy is the most qualified coach on the market that I have seen in years. Winning record for his nine seasons in Chicago, and a Super Bowl appearance. He would also fit right in this division. No he is not an offensive minded coach, but that's what they have OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS for.

I don't get why in the hell anyone would want Whisenhunt.

Seems like every Browns fan has a raging hard on to want and try to emulate the Steelers, fuck the Steelers, we are the Browns let's set the standard and not try to emulate our rivals, that's just weak.

Arizona caught lightning in a bottle and their QB had a resurgence and took them to the Superbowl 5 years ago, and that was Dennis Green's team.

Arizona started off hot this year then this guys team packed their bags and quit on him and they were blown out 58-0.

Ken Whisenhunt, no thanks.

i thought we grouped all the stoopid rumor threads into one big stoopid rumor thread?

saban would be giving up one of the best jobs in the country for one of the worse. sure he might want to prove something to himself but the clock is ticking and i don't think he'd want to take a chance and end up with a big fat fail at the end of his career.

Here's MKC's story on the Browns pulling themselves out of the Chip Kelly discussion....

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2013/01/browns_walk_away_from_chip_kel.html

Yeah, saw it Mark. Like I said earlier, Knight probably waved another $5 million at Chip and said "come on back to Eugene". Some on the PD site take it as being damage control, but if I'm Haslam, I'm not happy cooling my heels in Arizona waiting for a guy to show up, and I get a "sorry, I can't make up my mind" call.

I think Haslam made the right choice here. I'm sure we offered him plenty to be the coach and if he doesn't want to take it, screw him. As much as I liked him, it was no guarentee that he was going to be a success. Move on to someone else. I still like Kyle Shanahan and even though I'd like an offensive coach, I like the idea of Zimmer from Cincy.

At this point, I'd like to see them interview Kyle Shanahan, Mike Zimmer, & Mike McCoy (after the Super Bowl if we still have the opening). Time will tell, but it's fun watching the Browns hierarchy interview more than ONE HC candidate. Haslam & Banner are finally bringing some credibility & professionalism back to the Browns.

Mike

At this point, I'd like to see them interview Kyle Shanahan, Mike Zimmer, & Mike McCoy (after the Super Bowl if we still have the opening). Time will tell, but it's fun watching the Browns hierarchy interview more than ONE HC candidate. Haslam & Banner are finally bringing some credibility & professionalism back to the Browns.

Mike

Haslam and Banner have been all talk...So far they act like a gutless duo of nincompoops

Haslam and Banner have been all talk...So far they act like a gutless duo of nincompoops

How do you know? Kelly did the same exact thing to Tampa last year. If the guy's heart is in Oregon, money might not be what pulls him away from that place. This Kelly situation reminds me of Lebron leaving. We offered him everything, but he was going to play with his buddies in Miami. I don't know if the Browns offered everything, but it seems like a smart business move to rescind the offer if Mary Kay Cabot is right, and the guy didn't feel like he was 100% into it.

Archived