THE BROWNS BOARD

New Coach Discussion

lambdo

Take it for what's worth. Some college guy who is in the know was asked who was the browns future coach on 92.3. And despite what has been said and or rumored to have been said he said without hesitation. Saban.

Unfortunately he didn't even give the Browns, or any other team, an interview. I believe he said he didn't want to return to the NFL at his age. Some coaches just are more successful at the college level. Given his success he is smart to stay at 'Bama.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately he didn't even give the Browns, or any other team, an interview. I believe he said he didn't want to return to the NFL at his age. Some coaches just are more successful at the college level. Given his success he is smart to stay at 'Bama.

what if Bama wins 48-0 against ND? what else does he have to prove at the college level?

The over under on the obscene amount of money the Browns will throw at Saban tomorrow is $7M per year. I'm taking the over.

$10 million atleast. AND HE WILL STILL SAY NOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

what if Bama wins 48-0 against ND? what else does he have to prove at the college level?

I agree he probably doesn't have much more to prove. Yet, he already said he wasn't going to leave for the NFL. He didn't enjoy his first stint with the Dolphins, so I just don't see why he would consider taking another NFL job.

The same could be said about NCAA basketball coaches not going to the NBA. Guys like Coach K have no reason to leave...

He better make the second.......third..........fourth..............fifth...............and 6th call.

I can't see how anyone would NOT want SABAN.

I don't want Saban. The guy can't be trusted and won't be in it for the long haul.

And did you really need to start another thread for this?

so who do you want???????????????

start a thread>>>>>>>>>>>>> wizzzzzzzzzzz,

You have now asked this same question in 3 or 4 threads. Shut up already. Damn.

and no none has answered.............

Alabama's dominance is more shady recruiting than great coaching, though Saban is a really good coach.

Alabama's recruiting is way way better then Saban's coaching

It is soooooooooo much easier to recruit, then it is to coach

That's why I want an NFL coach. I want a coach that doesn't have to recruit. But a coach that loves to coach

Saban is a top notch recruiter and with the recruiting classes he brings in it makes up for being out coached. The guy could take a shit in the locker room for the first half and let his team clown on their opponent.

why cant he do that in the NFL?????????\

the last 3 coaches that the Browns have had couldn't make a halftime adjustment.........................

Anybody in their right mind think Saban is considering leaving his current job ???

5.3 million as one of the most elite coaches in college ??

I don't think so.

$10 million to coach in the NFL

Fuck Saban. Great college coach. Can't handle NFL players. Can't handled NFL media. Belongs in Tuscaloosa. Good fit for all involved.

Zombo

--They still laugh about him in Miami.

Then who??????????????

Fuck Saban. Great college coach. Can't handle NFL players. Can't handled NFL media. Belongs in Tuscaloosa. Good fit for all involved.

Zombo

--They still laugh about him in Miami.

Saban also had a QB carousel of Gus Frerotte, an injured Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon.

He did have both a 1,000 yard rusher and a winning season, which is more than Shurmur, Mangini, and Crennel can say.

Saban also had a QB carousel of Gus Frerotte, an injured Daunte Culpepper, Joey Harrington and Cleo Lemon.

He did have both a 1,000 yard rusher and a winning season, which is more than Shurmur, Mangini, and Crennel can say.

we had Hillis..................................................LMFAO

Don't rule THIS guy out............

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Trestman

I have a hunch that Trestman is right after Saban on the wish list. His resume is impressive. We'll see.

Mike

why cant he do that in the NFL?????????\

the last 3 coaches that the Browns have had couldn't make a halftime adjustment.........................

That's my point. His illegal recruiting/superior recruiting abilities is what makes him so great, not his coaching ability.

Archived