THE BROWNS BOARD

Armed Revolution Poll

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Heh.

I was waiting for you to mention that. I heard it this morning and I think there's a logical reason for the slight disparity in the numbers

If you believe, probably rightlay, that there are those who wish to take away your actual constitutional rights then you are probably conservative and therefore republican.

If, on the other hand, you believe that those rights should now be currailed, well, times have changed then you are probably more liberal and therefore probably vote Democrat.

Fairly simple.

WSS

What utter horseshit. Are you suggesting that Republicans have a monopoly on the belief in the Bill of Rights and the Constitution? Please. You guys want to shred it in here every day! You in particular.

These are people answering a pretty straightforward question, and their answer was that they think “in the next few years, an armed revolution may be necessary to protect our liberties.”

Armed revolution. In the next few years. Maybe necessary. It's not a high-minded discussion about the limits of freedom.

oh I think its a stupid notion, but who cares, you hate me anyway whether I'm a Republican regular or not.

personally I think the words liberty and freedom and such are probably bullshit to begin with.

so there's no reason for me to even desire and arms Revolution.

I suppose you have a list of constitutional freedoms that have been stripped from your bretheren recently or a list of the folks that want to right?

wait I'll just guess probably not you're going to grumble something about the judicial system or some other crap.

but even the 29 percent who think there might be one are idiots because nobody is going to take up arms until they are destitute and without hope.

probably not going to happen in our lifetimes.

WSS

The simple explanation is:

Republicans are far more likely to be upset, and very concerned about the marxist, and corrupt, moves

the marxist pig president has been making. The answer is no*.

The star means, I don't believe Obamao will overstep THAT far into the dino poop, meaning, outraging most

of America by creating so much divisiveness, economic disaster, etc etc.... to be able to declare martial law.

Do I think it would be necessary if Obamao disbanded Congress, declared martial law, by exec order, replaced

the conservative Supreme Court judges with radical, loyal hacks, suspended free elections?

Well, of course - then the answer would be yes. So, as written, the "poll" is designed improperly. Most all Republicans are concerned about Obamao.

When a marxist pres says "spread the wealth", and "we have to do restrictions on guns" and promises to "transform America"...

and says "if it comes down to it, I would side with Muslims" whatever the actual quote is...when he ranted vs Bush

and said Bush was "Unpatriotic" for the Bush debt at that time, then becomes pres and throws billions, even trillions

of dollars into Obamaocare, and anything else he can think of, our debt will be about 20+ trillion by the time he leaves office...

due to Obamaocare skyrocketing costs....

Yeah, a lot of folks have legit reason to be very, very concerned. Especially those who look at Cloward-Piven and then

Obamao......

So, the question ends up being, how many are very, very, very concerned?

You know heck won't bring up a poll like this if the Pres is a republican. So it goes.

And, as usual, this is what Heck didn't post:

"Twenty-nine percent of registered voters think that an armed revolution might be necessary in the next few years in order to protect liberties, according to a Public Mind poll by Fairleigh Dickinson University.

The poll, which surveyed 863 registered voters and had a margin of error of +/-3.4, focused on both gun control and the possibility of a need for an armed revolution in the United States to protect liberty."

Stay tuned for nonsense from him next time on:

"Heck's Baloney Gone Wild"

Heck I know your first reaction is to be belligerentt but just think for one minute.

I think about actual constitutional rights. Freedom of religion has been twisted into something unrecognizable since the Bill of Rights was written. The courts have curtailed everyone's freedom of religious expression but most Americans, being Christian, would feel the pinch. Those people most likely vote republican. Now you might agree that right should be reduced but that's not how they feel. Every time the ACLU forces one group or another to remove Christmas displays its an insult to the majority.

The 2nd amendment is also under attack kama especially from its original intent. You at I have agreed to that.

You don't have to look further Dianne Feinstein or Mayer Bloomberg for the city of Chicago there really are people in power who want to disarm the country. Some people on this board think it would be a good idea if it could actually be done properly.

Just those two fundamental constitutional rights are what many conservatives see as being taken away.

And since most conservatives will try and Republican that's why more of them see it and care.

Now to preempt your shop warn argument personally I think the laws make it too easy for criminals.

I don't see any effort to tighten those things up in government today. Especially by the administration. As a matter of fact I feel that there's lighting a bit to the left.

So why don't you cool off and take the opportunity to give me a couple examples from the Bill of Rights in which the rights of the left are under attack?

Personally I don't think the Patriot act is in play but it's also something that seems more offensive to the Conservatives.

And try to remember we're not talking about personal opinions we are talking about the opinions of people more conservative I am.

WSS

Three-quarters of Americans distrust the government

The data, which was collected from a survey conducted in January, shows that all demographics and political groups have seen a rise in government distrust.

“However, there are disparities. More than twice as many Hispanics as whites (44 percent vs. 20 percent) trust the federal government, and more blacks (38 percent) than whites trust the government,” Pew Research writes about the data.

Those with a higher rate of government distrust include older Americans, independents and Republicans.

wont be me either fellas, I'll be on the sidelines for this one...

because while Im one of the "older Americans Independant and Republicans" who distrust this government,

this is about guns and is as ridiculous as anything you can read from craigslist's "rants and raves"

or the anti romney tweets from the 2012 election!

all talk -and will fizzle out before it starts.....

No doubt heck was among that 75 percent before the last couple elections...

But here's another example of freedom of religion for you.

Add why mostly 1 party would feel the effect.

In some public places any ppsigns of religion are prohibited, across the board.

No crosses, yarmulkes, turcans or burgas.

That's probably seen as an affront to Christians Jews Muslims and Sikhs.

Since the vast majority of Americans consider themselves to be Christian it's quite obvious why the numbers shake out as they do.

See? It's not really that hard.

WSS

And, as usual, this is what Heck didn't post:

"Twenty-nine percent of registered voters think that an armed revolution might be necessary in the next few years in order to protect liberties, according to a Public Mind poll by Fairleigh Dickinson University.

The poll, which surveyed 863 registered voters and had a margin of error of +/-3.4, focused on both gun control and the possibility of a need for an armed revolution in the United States to protect liberty."

Stay tuned for nonsense from him next time on:

"Heck's Baloney Gone Wild"

That's how statistics works...

You don't need to poll 20,000 people for a good sample size

Yeah. Wait until I post a poll heck doesn't like the results of,

then "863" is a joke. That number hides the problems with the poll -

which is, the question doesn't reflect the built in behind the scenes beliefs of certain groups.

If that same poll was involving Pres Bush back before ObaMao.... and you asked "Are you concerned

of your total loss of your rights and liberty because of Bush's Patriot Act" ....

imagine the dems' overwhelming "Yes" response.

No doubt heck was among that 75 percent before the last couple elections...

But here's another example of freedom of religion for you.

Add why mostly 1 party would feel the effect.

In some public places any ppsigns of religion are prohibited, across the board.

No crosses, yarmulkes, turcans or burgas.

That's probably seen as an affront to Christians Jews Muslims and Sikhs.

Since the vast majority of Americans consider themselves to be Christian it's quite obvious why the numbers shake out as they do.

See? It's not really that hard.

WSS

Freedom of religion "Hits" in the past couple years....

the muzzling of christian public discourse over SSM now being touted as bigotry ( Tim Tebow BAD... Jason Collins Good!)

whats next ... the pulpit? at the threat of losing tax exemption (501c3)?

the catholic church and entities required to include birthcontrol as part of the healthcare insurance through Obamacare offered to employees...

and now the military told to muzzle their faith by hate groups such as this # /http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/2013/05/breitbart-pentagon-may-court-martial-soldiers-who-share-christian-faith/

Yeah. Wait until I post a poll heck doesn't like the results of,

then "863" is a joke. That number hides the problems with the poll -

which is, the question doesn't reflect the built in behind the scenes beliefs of certain groups.

If that same poll was involving Pres Bush back before ObaMao.... and you asked "Are you concerned

of your total loss of your rights and liberty because of Bush's Patriot Act" ....

imagine the dems' overwhelming "Yes" response.

Well I'm not Heck and I wasn't here then.

Most of the polls, charts, data, etc you post is incorrect not because I may disagree with it, but because its just statistically flawed.

You can write that off as the "dirty, Marxist liberals" just doing everything they can to disagree with America and a real patriot. Or you can realize why its actually wrong.

Just like with most of your "sources"

Freedom of religion "Hits" in the past couple years....

the muzzling of christian public discourse over SSM now being touted as bigotry ( Tim Tebow BAD... Jason Collins Good!)

whats next ... the pulpit? at the threat of losing tax exemption (501c3)?

the catholic church and entities required to include birthcontrol as part of the healthcare insurance through Obamacare offered to employees...

and now the military told to muzzle their faith by hate groups such as this # /http://www.militaryreligiousfreedom.org/2013/05/breitbart-pentagon-may-court-martial-soldiers-who-share-christian-faith/

....or the times are just changing.

With all the scientific resources readily available to society no wonder more and more are moving away from religion. Christianity isn't being silenced, its just losing its majority. Not being in control of everything anymore isn't the same as losing religious freedom

With all the scientific resources readily available to society no wonder more and more are moving away from religion. Christianity isn't being silenced, its just losing its majority. Not being in control of everything anymore isn't the same as losing religious freedom

That's not as good of a headline as WAR AGAINST CHRISTIANITY

The only people who want to revolt are the same fascists who think they should impose their view of what's right on the rest of us -- the people who only want democracy if it's ruled by them.

It's one thing to say they support America and the right to vote.. it's another thing entirely for them to realize that they wouldn't win that vote.

I thought it never was about being in control of everything... just the freedom to express faith without persecution like the forefathers faced in Europe from the Roman church....

they came here to advance a basic human right - to worship their God. (you arent forced into anything - nor are you forcing against anothers beliefs)

You are very right about science not going anywhere... but neither is religion.

That's not as good of a headline as WAR AGAINST CHRISTIANITY

Guys like Mikey Weinstein and other fringe atheists will probably find wacked out right winger fringe types to fight this "war"

like OP heck says a gun battle's a brewin with the poll.... I dont know - but the war at hand is silencing those who dont / wont conform....

As far as the Christians are concerned... a wise man on this board once wrote that

a "real christian" wont "defile" the person of Jesus Christ....

by engaging the world "like the world" with violence, hatred scorn etc...

but rather with grace - mercy - loving kindness

Ideals we all can agree with.. no?

Wood, Cal - to no one's surprise - has a hysterical history when it comes to not understanding how statistics work, even in the most basic sense. What he's likely talking about is the number of times he's posted the results of internet polls - as in, the type you click on Drudge - and said, "See? Proof that Obamao yada yada..."

And when you tell him why that's not an accurate poll ...he still doesn't get it.

Archived