THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Campbell

Zombo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread is classic! A debate between Jason Campbell and Weedon.........Posted by the same guy who thinks the Brows are going to win the division:)

Hilarious!

Well, it will ease our pain knowing your Steelers aren't going to either. It's the battle for the basement.

Shoot....bring back Zukaskis....at least he wouldn't get pushed on his ass.

Just play Gilkey.

^+1 That may have been the first time I've ever seen an NFL offensive lineman literally get knocked flat on his ass. Can't even stand his ground on a pass rush either. 100% behind bringing in Gilkey.

Welcome to the Club...

The top QB's do things to protect their WRs the vast majority of the time. The things include looking off Safties and LBs, throwing on time and, as you point out, leading their WRs... often also throwing low so the WR gets below potential on-coming hits. The result is that their WRs trust them and make the effort on the rare occassion that the throw puts them in harms way.

Wheezy seems unable to do the above... and most often throws late and high to WRs he has looked at the entire route.

I do disagree on Campbell... but we'll leave that for another time.

Just curious what makes you think that Hoyer is any better suited than Campbell to QB this team? The guy has done absolutely nothing in the NFL. At least Campbell has had some very solid seasons and can make a defense respect his arm and not stack the box against Trich. He can handle a blitz and find the hot route. We don't need a world beater at Qb we just need a game manager and someone who doesnt turn the ball over, Campbell has proved in the last 7 years that he can do that in the NFL. Hoyer has proved nothing. In fact the only reason Hoyer is on this team is because our stupid GM is so far up Bill Bellyaches ass he can't crawl out. Campbell was picked by the coaching staff, Hoyer was picked by Dumbtardi.

Remember when we were debating over Anderson v. Quinn? No? How about McCoy v. Wallace? Where are all those guys at now? Back-ups. This debate is like deciding whether you want to get punched in the face or kicked in the balls.

No this debate is more like getting kicked in the balls or being stepped on the foot every now and again before you cross the finish line. Sometimes you'll win or sometimes you'll place in the top 5 getting stepped on the foot. When you get kicked in the balls you never finish the race cause your still laying on the ground moaning.

Hers a picture from the dolphins game i took from my screen paused. this was by far the biggest play in that game. on 4th and 2 we ran a bunch formation with three Wrs on the top of the screen. As you can see it was man coverage which is exactly what you want in this type of formation. At the top of the screen Bess makes his cut to the sideline with distance between he and the DB and Wake is still a second or two away from sacking Weeden. If Weeden releases the ball now and leads Bess to the sideline it is an easy first down. Somehow though Brandon is staring straight at him and takes to much time to throw the pass for a 1st down completion and gets sacked. thus ending the game and any hope of coming back. Ive got more plays where ill show that Weeden is completely lost and a HS QB could make these plays.

post-185-0-88821800-1379443711_thumb.jpg

I don't know that is the biggest play in the game considering we were down 10 with 5 minutes left, however your point is very well made. A play like that is nearly impossible for the defense to stop if run correctly.

I thought he looked better against the Rats....even on a couple of plays like you're showing here. The QB can't help it if the receivers run the route short of the sticks.

It is very tough in man coverage to defend especially for short yardage gains and when one of the Wr's is picking(like in basketball)the man to man coverage. The Ravens did this nicely with Stokely in the same formation vs the Browns.

No this debate is more like getting kicked in the balls or being stepped on the foot every now and again before you cross the finish line. Sometimes you'll win or sometimes you'll place in the top 5 getting stepped on the foot. When you get kicked in the balls you never finish the race cause your still laying on the ground moaning.

So who were you rooting for in the Anderson v. Quinn debate? I'm sure you said similar things about that guy.

Z,

So did I... could see it coming, but Wheezy never fires "until he sees the whites of their eyes."

Just curious what makes you think that Hoyer is any better suited than Campbell to QB this team?

Campbell just looks shot to me. Once upon a time, back in his early days in WSH, I was very high on him. But now I think he's damaged goods... no better than Delhomme was as a veteran backup (who somehow ended up our starter).

Hoyer is not "the one", but I think he is still a viable NFL QB. I saw a spark in his preseason play that I did not see in Jason.

That is the precise moment where my entire bar yells "Throw the fucking ball!"

Zombo

I was at the game, so I missed that one- wrong side of the field. Good Lord, that was an easy first down.

That's the point I was making about Weeden- if that's Peyton Manning, the ball is already out of his hand, Bess turns around and the ball is right there.

Archived