THE BROWNS BOARD

Camp Campbell

Zombo

Actually, yes. Weeden has had good games, so has Campbell. Weeden has had stinkers, so has Campbell. Weeden seems to have the better arm and can put the ball in tighter windows. He just needs time, his WRs to separate, and good play calling. It may get better. If not, we'll get a high pick and get to do it all over again with somebody new next year... YAY!

C'mon, man ... he sucks.

Holmgren took a a shot at him, and he got a big, stupid ginger with a strong arm that is of no use in the NFL where smarts and/or mobility is everything.

Jason Campbell is the best NFL QB on this team ... let's move on like a team that wants to win.

Zombo

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

C'mon, man ... he sucks.

Holmgren took a a shot at him, and he got a big, stupid ginger with a strong arm that is of no use in the NFL where smarts and/or mobility is everything.[/color

Jason Campbell is the best NFL QB on this team ... let's move on like a team that wants to win.

Zombo

Does he not suck, or am I just missing something?

No.... He sucks. It's just that he sucks no worse than he did 24 hours ago... and considerably less than all of last year... including that miserable day when we spent a FUCKING FIRST ROUND PICK ON HIM...

Fix the O-line first... sacrificing Cousins to the football Gods, if need be.

Then start Wheezy 3 more games...

behind a better line combo...

with our waiver wire wonders up to speed...

and finally Gordon back on the field.

Then let's review Wheezy progress, or lack thereof, and make a rational decision.

As for Campbell... I think he's shot. Had a chance once upon a time to be a very good one, but now... no. If we end up making a change, I give the shot to our "youngster", Hoyer.

Bernie got it before he ever lined up behind center...but yes Z...Weedens lack of awareness is definately a concern and couple that with Trich still "dancing" too much...I wont be surprise to see this team draft QB,RB and WR with the top 3 pics it has next year...Im sorry but I really think Trich is ordinary...Im still waiting for him and Weeden to actually do what stars do...and thats "Take over the goddamn game"

LOL... and we'll still be shy at least one CB...

First, I hope you are not holding your breath while you're waiting.

Second, some of TR's dancing was actually effective today given that there were few holes to hit. What impressed me was his pass catches. What bothered me was his lack of pass blocking. TR guessed where the blitz came from that contirbuted to Wheezy's first INT... and he guessed wrong. It was supposed to be a strength, but was not in evidence.

Now excuse me.... busy watching Eli (hopefully) take over the end of the Sunday nite game...

No.... He sucks. It's just that he sucks no worse than he did 24 hours ago... and considerably less than all of last year... including that miserable day when we spent a FUCKING FIRST ROUND PICK ON HIM...

Fix the O-line first... sacrificing Cousins to the football Gods, if need be.

Then start Wheezy 3 more games...

behind a better line combo...

with our waiver wire wonders up to speed...

and finally Gordon back on the field.

Then let's review Wheezy progress, or lack thereof, and make a rational decision.

As for Campbell... I think he's shot. Had a chance once upon a time to be a very good one, but now... no. If we end up making a change, I give the shot to our "youngster", Hoyer.

Because it is O. Cousins fault that weeden crumbles under pressure?

No. He's just stupid, and that is not going change.

If someone put a gun to your head and said they wouid kill you, and your family, if the Browns lost to the Ravens ... who in the deepest recesses of your mind do you wan to start at QB ... Campbell would probably give you a 40/60 shot ... or Weeden who would throw two horrible fucking interceptions and feel real bad about it while your family was getting mowed down?

Start Campbell.

Zombo

If someone put a gun to your head and said they wouid kill you, and your family, if the Browns lost to the Ravens ... who in the deepest recesses of your mind do you wan to start at QB ... Campbell would probably give you a 40/60 shot ... or Weeden who would throw two horrible fucking interceptions and feel real bad about it while your family was getting mowed down?

Start Campbell.

Zombo

Does he not just suck? I mean by NFL starting quarterback standards.

You know ... actually trying to win a fucking game.

Zombo

lol... TCPO as the voice of reason...

Start Campbell.

Zombo

Cousins was responsible for a big-ass chunk of our woes today. Wheezy stood in there and took a some real shots while delivering the ball.

Not into "gun to head" hypotheticals... Especially against the Ravens who I do not believe we'll beat regardless of the starting QB. And especially since I saw us going 6-10 this year... and am prepared to be damn happy with that progress. The fact that you and others have over inflated aspirations that this team is playoff worthy is not my problem... and so neither is your impatience my problem.

As for our QB situation... while I have not and still do not believe Wheezy is "the one"... I do not know he is not the one. However, I do know Campbell is NOT the one.. and seriously doubt Hoyer is. So I am fine with Wheezy for now.... for at least the first 4 games anyway...

lol... TCPO as the voice of reason...

Cousins was responsible for a big-ass chunk of our woes today. Wheezy stood in there and took a some real shots while delivering the ball.

Not into "gun to head" hypotheticals... Especially against the Ravens who I do not believe we'll beat regardless of the starting QB. And especially since I saw us going 6-10 this year... and am prepared to be damn happy with that progress. The fact that you and others have over inflated aspirations that this team is playoff worthy is not my problem... and so neither is your impatience my problem.

As for our QB situation... while I have not and still do not believe Wheezy is "the one"... I do not know he is not the one. However, I do know Campbell is NOT the one.. and seriously doubt Hoyer is. So I am fine with Wheezy for now.... for at least the first 4 games anyway...

Not into "gun to head" hypotheticals..

And I apologize for being such a drunkard.

But ... he sucks., right? ... we've all seen Jason Campbell play and he's better that than clusterfuck we saw today .. right?

Z

he sucked yesterday. he WAS the reason for the loss.

for all the haters who say we don't need another high draft pick at CB or OL can eat a bag of shit right now. you faggots don't know shit about football or any team sports for that matter. you build from the middle out and then front to back. well our lines are 1/2 way decent except for everybody to the right of mack and the back end of our defense is great except everybody on the other side of the field than haden.

did i even hear mcfadden's name called today? fucking queefs. "ooooh, STFU toxic, we got our guy in mcfadden" lyin cocksuckers.

i think weeden could be good if he had a brain. most these dopes coming out of college now just play in shotgun formation and sling it to a NFL prospect receiver who haius it in against some schlub who'll be seeling cars when his college career is over. you don't have to worry about the checkdowns and staring down your target when you're playing against north texas community college.

i like campbell but it lives or dies with weeden this year. there were a lot of good QBs that looked like shit today/nite. hell we coulda beat the cowboys the way they played.

let everyone get healthy, get off suspension and if nothing changes to the positive after that...yank the red headed douche and throw in mr. bojangles.

Did anybody else watch that football game today and decide that Jason Campbell is the best NFL quarterback on our roster?

Start him.

Zombo

Right now I will take his experience and footwork over Weeds. The big concern with weeds out of college was pocket pressure. Well, he got a lot of it yesterday. And unlike many of the great playing today, he failed to recognized, adjust and execute. Granted our Oline blew. But I think Campbell would have turned some of that into more positives.

When you don't see your QB progress from one year to the next you wonder if the coaching staff and GM's don't see a future in the guy. He's eyeing down his WRs. He's still getting blocked at the LoS. He crumbles under pressure. These are things that should have been corrected or progress made at least.

Weeds can thrown a pretty ball if he has time, in this league, you have about 1-3 seconds to make a decision and I don't see him making those right choices.

Weeden lost a football game for us today.

How many more are you willing to lose before we start the best QB on the roster?

Z

Did you watch game? Weeden is no P Manning, but our Oline lost us the game today. PERIOD. Greco, and especially COUSINS got beat on every snap and hindered our rush attack and gave our QB no chance, doesnt matter who's back there. We need a replacement at G ASAP, we'll lose every game until we get one.

Did you watch game? Weeden is no P Manning, but our Oline lost us the game today. PERIOD. Greco, and especially COUSINS got beat on every snap and hindered our rush attack and gave our QB no chance, doesnt matter who's back there. We need a replacement at G ASAP, we'll lose every game until we get one.

I'm assuming Cousins has been taken out back and shot already..

They should have ran more early in the game too.

And the receivers weren't getting enough separation.

It's all true ... just a gut feeling I get when I watch Weeden .. that he's never going to be a very good QB.

I hope for all of our sakes that I'm wrong.

Zombo

It's all true ... just a gut feeling I get when I watch Weeden .. that he's never going to be a very good QB.

Zombo

I mean I get it, if every QB had elite receivers and a great O-Line and a dominant running game they'd be good. But the only people that looked good yesterday were the front 7 and Haden (obviously). I truly think we just went into that game with a terrible game plan. I just have a hard time blaming Weeden when literally 75% of the time he's got pressure as he's making a read. No QB will be successful when in less than 2 seconds there's a guy in your face.

This coaching staff has a lot of good-minded people. I'm holding out that they make adjustments and protection schemes to give Weeden more than 1/2 a second. Like I said before, Weeden is a pocket passer. With no pocket the guy won't play well.

Hoyer is your guy. Why do you think they played him the whole game in the last pre-season game? They wanted to see what they have with him. I'd take another look at him. This team is the 2nd youngest team in the league. I like the fact they're going young. Might as well give it a shot with Hoyer at this point. Weeden as it stands right now is not the answer.

Cousin's next gig will be at a McDonald's drive thru! Do you want fries with that? :P

Hoyer is your guy. Why do you think they played him the whole game in the last pre-season game? They wanted to see what they have with him. I'd take another look at him. This team is the 2nd youngest team in the league. I like the fact they're going young. Might as well give it a shot with Hoyer at this point. Weeden as it stands right now is not the answer.

Cousin's next gig will be at a McDonald's drive thru! Do you want fries with that? :P

Because they didn't play any of the starters, planned to split him 50/50 with Campbell until he went down with flu. But why let actual facts get in the way, eh? ;)

Campbell is not the better qb than Weeden.

Brian Hoyer is the real qb on the roster, ..he just doesn't

have the big arm.

An NFL qb has to SEE the field, and everything gong on. When there is no

time to see things sequentially at individual places on the field, you get Flacco

with Balt for his first years. And Weeden now.

The "real" qb's can glace at maybe, half the field, and the other half, and can

visualize how things are developing, and make his decision.

Some guys don't see it;. Weeden can't make the split second decisions when things

change up -

That's what brilliant qb's like Peyton can do. And Kosar. But they are among

some of the very smartest qb's to ever play the game.

Weeden is a serviceable qb, when all the pieces are in place, and has time to make

a play, which is at least a few seconds more than quicker seeing qb's.

But he was missing Gordon, and both starting OG's, and Cousins sucked worse than

bad, and this offense really, really needed Dion Lewis as the spark to make this offense

catch fire.

Because they didn't play any of the starters, planned to split him 50/50 with Campbell until he went down with flu. But why let actual facts get in the way, eh? ;)

Easy dynamo. It's just a hunch, and Campbell certainly isn't the answer at QB either. BTW, how did not giving any of the starters any work in that final pre-season game work? 23-10 and yet another opening day loss ring a bell? When you have a young team like the Browns, not to mention the new collective bargaining agreement which did away with 2 a days, and no hitting in practice, they need all of the work that they can get!

Browns fans, I feel your pain, I really do. But, you guys have to go forward with Weeden this season. Trust me when I tell you, Campbell will not be an answer for anything. Jason Campbell is the definition of mediocrity. I could not stand him in Washington. He was captain checkdown. He was Mr. "average," he never gave the team a spark. He never took chances. But, worst of all, he had absolutely NO heart. The guy could care less whether we won or lost. There were reports out of the locker room of anonymous players being quoted as saying "Win or lose Jason just sits at his locker and packs his stuff listening to music, he shows absolutely no emotion." Trust me, he just isnt good.

I think a lot of you guys are kinda over-reacting a tad. Weedens a 2nd year QB, this coaching staff is in its 1st year and this was their first game against a tough defense (dolphins still suck). The thing is, give it another couple weeks before you guys start crucifying all of them. I TRULY feel Chud is one of the best minds in football, and that he can turn your team around. Norv is a great O Coordinator, just a bad head coach, but they will get it together. Weeden looks really good sometimes, and really bad other times. If he can learn to control his eyes, and try to trust his system a little more, I think hed be ok. But again, that takes time. Dont give up on the guy just yet, and trust me I hated the Weeden pick, but I dont feel hes as bad as a lot of people do, I think he can sling it, and I think he can do it with a clean pocket. When Brunell became a Redskin he was terrible for a full season and a half, and then Joe Gibbs realized that he was bad because he wasnt good under pressure, so Gibbs tweaked the offense and gave Brunell max protect sets and Brunell had an almost pro bowl year and led us to the playoffs after Gibbs did that. I think if Chud/Norv can just try out a max protect for Weeden, he would feel more comfortable. Let him play a lot in shotgun, give him max protect and let him show what he can do with some time.

But, DONT put Campbell in, you guys will get so frustrated, trust me. The guy misses open receivers, hes scared to throw deep, and he looks like Lionel Ritchie. Jason Campbell will be Colt McCoy with a little better of an arm.

Dont give up yet guys.

Easy dynamo. It's just a hunch, and Campbell certainly isn't the answer at QB either. BTW, how did not giving any of the starters any work in that final pre-season game work? 23-10 and yet another opening day loss ring a bell? When you have a young team like the Browns, not to mention the new collective bargaining agreement which did away with 2 a days, and no hitting in practice, they need all of the work that they can get!

I wasn't saying that it was a good idea, I actually agree with you that they should have had more time. Just pointing out the flaw in the logic :)

Also, thanks mr skins for the Campbell low-down!

The bottom line is we know what we have in Campbell and that's back-up potential. The NFL has seen enough of the guy to know he has back-up potential and that's it. From a skills perspective, Weeden is the best man on the roster. The coaches have to look at the game and adjust protection to play into his strengths. I knew from day one Shurmer was a goober with no football IQ. I have a lot more faith that this group can work to fix the issues.

Zombo

lol.

If cousins starts another game I'll assume this staff isn't taking things serious enough. Gilkey couldn't do worse, there's someone out there that could be signed that could do better. Gordon back, we automatically seperate the field with a deep threat. With Gordon and 1 different guard, just 1, i think we win yesterday. Having said that, our entire Oline needs to do better, drastically.

Funny. Are you saying somebody accused Colt McCoy of throwing the ball too hard? Uh, no.

Bud Shaw compared it to DA this morning in the PD, throwing the "high, hard one" on short passes. He also practically quoted me, writing, "It's not enough that Weeden isn't the only problem. It's that he isn't the answer." The quarterback is supposed to make everybody around him better!!

Shaw also quoted me (basically) by saying every team is into pressure now. It's the formula based on analytics: Pass the ball aggressively to take a lead, attack the passer because you can't cover your way to wins under today's rules. So you either have to be mobile, turning broken pockets into 8-yard scampers, or be a Manning/Brady/Brees type who wins the play before the ball is even snapped. I just don't see Weeden as either.

The reason I'd go to Campbell is that he'll be on the roster next year, mentoring or keeping the seat warm for Tajh Boyd or someone like him. Weeden isn't a mentor and won't be a Brown next year... I predict.

they did the same thing with Colt McCoy and Seneca Wallace. biggest load of s*** I've ever heard about the quarterback throws the ball too hard that is an excuse for losers

People still say "faggot?" Thought that one was over a decade ago.

he sucked yesterday. he WAS the reason for the loss.

for all the haters who say we don't need another high draft pick at CB or OL can eat a bag of shit right now. you faggots don't know shit about football or any team sports for that matter. you build from the middle out and then front to back. well our lines are 1/2 way decent except for everybody to the right of mack and the back end of our defense is great except everybody on the other side of the field than haden.

did i even hear mcfadden's name called today? fucking queefs. "ooooh, STFU toxic, we got our guy in mcfadden" lyin cocksuckers.

i think weeden could be good if he had a brain. most these dopes coming out of college now just play in shotgun formation and sling it to a NFL prospect receiver who haius it in against some schlub who'll be seeling cars when his college career is over. you don't have to worry about the checkdowns and staring down your target when you're playing against north texas community college.

i like campbell but it lives or dies with weeden this year. there were a lot of good QBs that looked like shit today/nite. hell we coulda beat the cowboys the way they played.

let everyone get healthy, get off suspension and if nothing changes to the positive after that...yank the red headed douche and throw in mr. bojangles.

Funny. Are you saying somebody accused Colt McCoy of throwing the ball too hard? Uh, no.

Bud Shaw compared it to DA this morning in the PD, throwing the "high, hard one" on short passes. He also practically quoted me, writing, "It's not enough that Weeden isn't the only problem. It's that he isn't the answer." The quarterback is supposed to make everybody around him better!!

Shaw also quoted me (basically) by saying every team is into pressure now. It's the formula based on analytics: Pass the ball aggressively to take a lead, attack the passer because you can't cover your way to wins under today's rules. So you either have to be mobile, turning broken pockets into 8-yard scampers, or be a Manning/Brady/Brees type who wins the play before the ball is even snapped. I just don't see Weeden as either.

The reason I'd go to Campbell is that he'll be on the roster next year, mentoring or keeping the seat warm for Tajh Boyd or someone like him. Weeden isn't a mentor and won't be a Brown next year... I predict.

Was at the game, haven't watched the tape yet, but Weeden threw far more horrible passes than good ones. Overthrowing guys that were wide open by 10'. It looked like DA II out there on a bad day. Unlike Z I'm not ready to throw BW under the bus yet- but he had better get it together in a game or two. You're probably right Shep that Weedster isn't the long term answer- if you can't throw a semi-accurate pass with pressure in your face, you're never going to cut it as an NFL starter. Didn't help Little did his best Braylon Edwards butterfingers imitation.

With the exception of Joe Haden and the defensive front 7 an all around stinker of a game.

Archived